FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6

Second elimination final
Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn at the MCG, 7.40pm AEST

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
First qualifying final
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney at the SCG, 3.20pm AEST
First elimination final
Brisbane v Carlton at the Gabba, 7.30pm AEST

https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-resources/2024/08/25/89b78758-8805-4eff-9394-f4c75739a019/finals-pathway-Carlton.jpg?width=3022

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 09:33 AM
Friday night lights. Let's go. Massive game on the biggest stage.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 09:33 AM
Tickets to the Bulldogs’ Elimination Final will go on sale from 10am – 2pm on Wednesday 28 August for eligible Club members, 12pm for AFL members and 3pm for the general public.

Source: https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1640057/dogs-set-for-friday-night-final-against-hawks

Axe Man
26-08-2024, 10:21 AM
They said on channel 9 last night that we specifically requested not to play Friday night as we are hosting an AFLW match at Whitten Oval and the AFL ignored it despite being the recipient of a "home" final.

Mantis
26-08-2024, 10:23 AM
Friday night lights. Let's go. Massive game on the biggest stage.

Why does my mind instantly go back to 2008?

At least there's no Buddy this time around.

comrade
26-08-2024, 10:38 AM
Why does my mind instantly go back to 2008?

At least there's no Buddy this time around.

Still got PTSD from that night.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2024, 10:41 AM
They said on channel 9 last night that we specifically requested not to play Friday night as we are hosting an AFLW match at Whitten Oval and the AFL ignored it despite being the recipient of a "home" final.

Apparently Sydney didn't want Saturday afternoon either.

AFEL would have $$$ reasons for it. Part of it would be they'd want the only melbourne game on a Friday night.

Personally, I'm much happier with the Friday night fixture

MrMahatma
26-08-2024, 10:43 AM
Aside from Port in Port, this is the hardest match of the finals. So... let's just sort it early lads!

Grantysghost
26-08-2024, 10:51 AM
Aside from Port in Port, this is the hardest match of the finals. So... let's just sort it early lads!

It's the best matchup I reckon. Getting Hok Tuah ball in a final is a great result. I'd not be feeling confident if I was them looking at Frost being their best tall defender up against Marra, Darcy, Naughton.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Please note. Western Bulldogs are saying AFL Club Support tickets go on sale on Wednesday. The email I just got from the AFL says Tuesday.

Week 1 Matches
at the MCG

On-sale time 12pm
Tuesday, August 27
via Ticketek

Sedat
26-08-2024, 10:59 AM
Hawthorn have had 3 training runs leading into finals. We've had the perfect preparation in R24, out in the elements against a top 4 team.

Finals are a completely different season and I think we will be 100% ready.

Axe Man
26-08-2024, 11:11 AM
Apparently Sydney didn't want Saturday afternoon either.

AFEL would have $$$ reasons for it. Part of it would be they'd want the only melbourne game on a Friday night.

Personally, I'm much happier with the Friday night fixture

The Friday is my wife's 40th Birthday. :eek: Oh well, she will understand :cool:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-08-2024, 11:14 AM
The Friday is my wife's 40th Birthday. :eek: Oh well, she will understand :cool:

Lucky the game is Friday week!
Sorry disregard, i initially read your words as this Friday.

bornadog
26-08-2024, 11:14 AM
Take her with you

Bulldog Joe
26-08-2024, 11:24 AM

What more could she want than a night at the footy.

We cam make it a memorable night for her with a big win and Champagne celebration after.

azabob
26-08-2024, 11:27 AM
Please note. Western Bulldogs are saying AFL Club Support tickets go on sale on Wednesday. The email I just got from the AFL says Tuesday.

Week 1 Matches
at the MCG

On-sale time 12pm
Tuesday, August 27
via Ticketek

talk about a shit show.

this link says Wednesday https://www.afl.com.au/finals/tickets/elimination-final-2

bornadog
26-08-2024, 11:33 AM
talk about a shit show.

this link says Wednesday https://www.afl.com.au/finals/tickets/elimination-final-2
i am at a conference in Perth this week, need to keep an eye out- FMD

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 11:45 AM
Crazy from the AFL. The email sent to members says Tuesday. The website says Wednesday.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 11:48 AM
We have played 22 games at the MCG in the Bevo era.

Won 10
Lost 12

In finals

Won 2 (GF Swans and QF Hawks)
Lost 1 (EF Crows)

Only an average of just over two games per year.

In the same time period. The AWAY team Hawthorn has played 92 games at the MCG.

Axe Man
26-08-2024, 11:49 AM
Finals fixture: Battle of Sydney clash leaves Bulldogs seething (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-finals-finals-fixture-locked-in-port-adelaide-vs-geelong-to-kick-off-finals-series/news-story/9adfca40b5a71999dad0d77c92db819a)

The AFL will prioritise a Sydney derby blockbuster on the Saturday afternoon of week one of the finals in a September schedule that opens with a Port Adelaide v Geelong Thursday night clash.

The Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn will play a Friday night MCG blockbuster at 7.40pm, with the Swans and GWS locked into a 3.20pm Saturday afternoon clash at the SCG.

Then Brisbane will host Carlton on Saturday night in a week one qualifying final.

But the decision to hand Sydney and GWS the Saturday afternoon clash has flow on effects that includes a fixturing clash with the Western Bulldogs first AFLW home clash,

That game is scheduled for 5.05pm on Friday night at Whitten Oval, and is one of only five Dogs home games for the year with one of those clashes played in Ballarat.

But Dogs fans will have to choose between representing their AFLW players or going to an MCG final given they are effectively played back to back in separate venues.

The AFLW season is only 11 games crunched into 10 weeks, with one of those Dogs clashes a midweek encounter against Brisbane in Queensland.

The AFL could have opened the finals with Sydney v GWS on Thursday night before a Brisbane v Carlton Friday night clash, with the loser of the first clash to play the winner of the second clash.

Playing the Dogs-Hawthorn game on Saturday night would also have allowed all four clubs playing week two of the finals a full seven day break sleeping in their own beds by Saturday night.

It would also have handed Sydney or GWS a longer break than their opponent leading into a week two finals clash as a top four team.

Instead the Dogs will wonder why an AFL House team so keen to promote its AFLW competition has locked in such a bizarre fixture clash.

The Dogs football department also has multiple staffers who work in both roles so it will prove a challenge for them to be at both games.

Carlton will also have to fly home from Brisbane on Sunday morning and make a quick recovery for its week two clash if it is successful in knocking off the Lions.

The Blues were only able to qualify for September after an epic finish to the home and away season which saw them lose to St Kilda in the last 13 seconds, only for Port Adelaide to beat Fremantle to hand them passage to the finals.

The schedule provides some mouth-watering options, with Sydney on top of the ladder but having lost all three finals against cross-town rival GWS.

Sydney and GWS have also been in a long-running battle after the constant needling from the Giants’ social media team, which has prevented the clubs from organising joint press conferences to promote their games in recent times.

Carlton will take on Brisbane in a reprise of their preliminary final clash last year, with the Blues 30 points up 20 minutes into the first quarter before the Lions finally won.

Carlton will bring back Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern and potentially former captain Sam Docherty, who is in full training and making an unlikely push for a return after ACL surgery.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 11:58 AM
Surely there is an easy fix. Can't they find a more suitable time for the AFLW?

5:05pm on a Friday night. What kind of time is that? Riduclous fixturing.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2024, 12:29 PM
The ticketing info is a little confusing. In one section it says 1 ticket per member barcode. In another it says 2. But it also says transaction limit of 10. What is a transaction limit in this context? And is it 1 or 2 tickets per barcode?

Axe Man
26-08-2024, 12:39 PM
The ticketing info is a little confusing. In one section it says 1 ticket per member barcode. In another it says 2. But it also says transaction limit of 10. What is a transaction limit in this context? And is it 1 or 2 tickets per barcode?

If it's 1 ticket per barcode then you are limited to 10 tickets with 10 barcodes. Say you had 11 barcodes, you can still only get 10 tickets max in the one transaction.

Rocket Science
26-08-2024, 12:47 PM

Won 10
Lost 12

In finals

Lost 1 (EF Crows)

It's ace that we've played more games on Adelaide Oval this season than the venue of our 'home' final where our opponents have played *checks notes* nine ferkin times this year.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2024, 12:47 PM
If it's 1 ticket per barcode then you are limited to 10 tickets with 10 barcodes. Say you had 11 barcodes, you can still only get 10 tickets max in the one transaction.

Got it thank you.

OK so now just need to figure out if it's 1 or 2 per barcode. The FAQ is contradictory.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2024, 12:49 PM
It's ace that we've played more games on Adelaide Oval this season than the venue of our 'home' final where our opponents have played *checks notes* nine ferkin times this year.

Incredible.

So we're better of asking the afel to have our game played in Adelaide. What a league.

bornadog
26-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Crazy from the AFL. The email sent to members says Tuesday. The website says Wednesday.
I am also an AFL member but haven’t received an email. Did you get that today

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 12:59 PM
I am also an AFL member but haven’t received an email. Did you get that today

Three days ago.

Email script below.

Gold and Silver AFL Members can upgrade to a reserved seat within the AFL Reserve using their 2024 AFL Membership Barcode via Ticketek for matches at the MCG.

Bronze Members may also be able to upgrade to a reserved seat for Week 1 matches at the MCG at the guest pass price, subject to guest pass availability and capacity.

Week 1 Matches
at the MCG

On-sale time 12pm
Tuesday, August 27
via Ticketek

bornadog
26-08-2024, 01:01 PM
Three days ago.

Gold and Silver AFL Members can upgrade to a reserved seat within the AFL Reserve using their 2024 AFL Membership Barcode via Ticketek for matches at the MCG.

Bronze Members may also be able to upgrade to a reserved seat for Week 1 matches at the MCG at the guest pass price, subject to guest pass availability and capacity.

Week 1 Matches
at the MCG

On-sale time 12pm
Tuesday, August 27
via Ticketek

3 days ago - yes did get that email but didn’t read it as the games hadn’t been finalised.
talk about confusion.

Edit - went into that email and clicked Ticketek and the date showed Wednesday

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 01:02 PM
Ticketmaster AFL Member website says Wednesday

Match - Elimination Final 2 Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Time & Date - 7.40pm Friday, September 6
Venue - MCG
Guest Pass Limit - 2 per barcode
General Admission - TBC
On-sale - 12pm Wednesday, August 28 via Ticketek

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 01:06 PM
Ticktek site is now saying Wednesday. So that is offiical.

Link here https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=QUALI0124

Grantysghost
26-08-2024, 01:07 PM

Maybe we should ditch Ballarat and play a couple of home games at the G?

hujsh
26-08-2024, 01:07 PM

Not an option for us peasants

Grantysghost
26-08-2024, 01:11 PM
Not an option for us peasants

Damn these feudal overlords. I think it's time for a revolt. Let's embrace the fish wives of Paris' legacy and march on Versailles (AFL House) and walk the leaders back to Whitten Oval and imprison them in the elite learning centre.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2024, 01:13 PM
Damn these feudal overlords. I think it's time for a revolt. Let's embrace the fish wives of Paris' legacy and march on Versailles (AFL House) and walk the leaders back to Whitten Oval and imprison them in the elite learning centre.

Sounds like you have been lisetning to recent Rest is History podcasts .. LOL

Grantysghost
26-08-2024, 02:19 PM
Sounds like you have been lisetning to recent Rest is History podcasts .. LOL
I have! I've got Citizens by Simon Shama too I love the French Revolution, such an amazing period.

The Adelaide Connection
26-08-2024, 02:24 PM
Guy in Adelaide clicks thumbs down for this fixturing

The Adelaide Connection
26-08-2024, 02:26 PM
Also, wouldn?t Thursday night make sense in Sydney given that the fans don?t have to travel?

Wait a minute- are the AFL about cash over what is best for the fans?

Sedat
26-08-2024, 02:28 PM

Won 10
Lost 12

In finals

Lost 1 (EF Crows)

Come on guys. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Hawthorn won't know what hits them next Friday night.

The top 7 this year are all pretty awesome compared to previous seasons (actually the last time the top 7 has been so strong was in ***checks notes*** 2016). Have a look at each of their W-L form in the last couple of months. Only Carlton have limped to the line of the finalists (and Sydney to an extent but they have found some form again in the last 3 weeks).

hujsh
26-08-2024, 02:34 PM
Come on guys. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Hawthorn won't know what hits them next Friday night.

The top 7 this year are all pretty awesome compared to previous seasons (actually the last time the top 7 has been so strong was in ***checks notes*** 2016). Have a look at each of their W-L form in the last couple of months. Only Carlton have limped to the line of the finalists.

Have also lost to the Hawks at Marvel, might be better for us on the MCG. God knows we need the practice if we aim to win the big dance.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2024, 02:39 PM

The top 7 this year are all pretty awesome compared to previous seasons (actually the last time the top 7 has been so strong was in ***checks notes*** 2016). Have a look at each of their W-L form in the last couple of months. Only Carlton have limped to the line of the finalists.

I completely agree but it also doesn't mean the afel arent complete money grabbers.

Rocket Science
26-08-2024, 02:44 PM

Bah.

There better be some furious lobbying behind the scenes to shift this whole shebang to Skinner Reserve.

Sedat
26-08-2024, 02:49 PM
I completely agree but it also doesn't mean the afel arent complete money grabbers.
It's their raison d'etre. Absolutely everything they do is motivated by this alone, so IMO it is wasted energy to get angry about it - it's simply what they do and who they are.

The clash with AFLW launch is disappointing, and we have every right to object. On the flipside our club sponsors will absolutely love the Friday night exposure in the EF.

bornadog
26-08-2024, 04:05 PM
Ticktek site is now saying Wednesday. So that is offiical.

Link here https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=QUALI0124
Tuesday is for Qualifying finals

The Adelaide Connection
26-08-2024, 07:13 PM
Just got locked and loaded to come over. Pumped.

Now just to deal with the scramble to get good tickets while at work on Wednesday.

comrade
05-09-2024, 06:14 PM
Stewart out for Cats tonight. Massive, massive loss. May also miss next week.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 06:19 PM
Stewart out for Cats tonight. Massive, massive loss. May also miss next week.

Geelong no hope

mjp
05-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Geelong no hope

C'mon mate - you of all people know that there's a reason they play the games.

Hinkley 5-7 in finals...and has lost a few 'lay-ups'. Cameron comes out and kicks 6 and it's all over.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 07:28 PM
Geelong no hope
I think they were no hope prior. Straight sets for them.

azabob
05-09-2024, 07:51 PM
Geelong no hope

Port have two huge outs also, which cannot be underestimated.

mighty_west
05-09-2024, 08:26 PM
Good luck Jordon Sweet, awesome to see him playing finals.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 08:32 PM

Hinkley 5-7 in finals...and has lost a few 'lay-ups'. Cameron comes out and kicks 6 and it's all over.

Tongue in cheek, but I must say how the hell did Geelong finish top 4. Scott is cunning and could very well get them over the line.

Sedat
05-09-2024, 08:45 PM
First 3 minutes Drew fumble on his own, Zerk-Thatcher shit himself in a marking contest, Byrne-Jones miss an easy target by foot and Zerk-Thatcher another goal square fumble.

Looks like Port are gonna Port again.

azabob
05-09-2024, 08:53 PM
Geelong kicking them from everywhere.

Port can’t get the footy.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 08:57 PM
Port love a choke in a final don't they? They're lucky they're still in the game.

The Pie Man
05-09-2024, 08:58 PM
Port & finals don’t seem to mix

The Underdog
05-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Ken Hinkley’s ability to not have his side ready for finals is unmatched.

mighty_west
05-09-2024, 09:03 PM
Geelong not taking all their chances, could hurt.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2024, 09:03 PM

Well said mjp, Cats good start.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 09:04 PM
JHF is a special talent

Mantis
05-09-2024, 09:05 PM
Not sure it was a good idea to start H-F on the pine.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2024, 09:05 PM

Tongue in cheek, but I must say how the hell did Geelong finish top 4. Scott is cunning and could very well get them over the line.

We bear the Cata by 47 pts at GBD stadium, we cooked them.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2024, 09:07 PM
We beat the Cats by 47 pts at GBD stadium, we cooked them.
I mean the above.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 09:07 PM

Dumb

Sedat
05-09-2024, 09:08 PM
JHF is a special talent
He is Nick Daicos without all the media fapping.

Bloke is a jet.

Testekill
05-09-2024, 09:17 PM
Port are lucky that Geelong didn't crush them while they were on top.

azabob
05-09-2024, 09:30 PM
JHF is a special talent

The JHF look a like Burgman has been equally huge for port.

The Underdog
05-09-2024, 09:31 PM
Man, these two teams confuse the shit out of me.

azabob
05-09-2024, 09:32 PM
BT has said some dumb shit, but this takes the cake.

“Both teams willing to go forward and kick goals”

The Doctor
05-09-2024, 09:42 PM
Wish we had a player like Stengle.

If we did try stopping us.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 09:42 PM
Geez Geelong are playing out of their skin. Still lots of time for Port but they are playing dumb football

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 09:43 PM
Said it all year. I just don't rate Port.

chef
05-09-2024, 09:43 PM
Well this is shit. Cmon Port.

Mantis
05-09-2024, 09:45 PM
Looking like a pretty awful decision to play Dixon.

His combination with Ratugolea looks like something out of the 70?s.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Man Dangerfield is special. For a 35 year old he is still in the prime of his craft. Amazing.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 09:52 PM
Port need Butters to have an influence. 8 touches, 0 impact.

ReLoad
05-09-2024, 09:52 PM
Is it just me or does butters look like he?s mind is elsewhere? Clearly thinking about 2025 and his boyhood dream.

hujsh
05-09-2024, 09:57 PM
It'd suck if we win tomorrow and had to go back to Adelaide. 3 times in a year is already cruel and unusual.

Sedat
05-09-2024, 10:03 PM
What the fark tactic is that? They did it again in the 2nd qtr.

He is their firestarter. Absolute madness to have him off the ground at the start and restart.

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:09 PM
What the actual **** Port.

Rocket Science
05-09-2024, 10:09 PM
Low key highlight of the half was Jezza being called a W-A-N-K-E-R to his face in slow motion.

azabob
05-09-2024, 10:14 PM
Port need Butters to have an influence. 8 touches, 0 impact.

Subbed out.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 10:14 PM
Bootstudder would be more useful than Dixon.

ReLoad
05-09-2024, 10:15 PM
Dixon looks like a round 15 Rory Lobb.

azabob
05-09-2024, 10:15 PM
It'd suck if we win tomorrow and had to go back to Adelaide. 3 times in a year is already cruel and unusual.

Four times, four times. Second home ground.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 10:16 PM
Subbed out.

Injured? Wouldn?t be tactical but then again it is Hinkley

azabob
Injured? Wouldn?t be tactical but then again it is Hinkley

“Sore” is the company line apparently

JanLorMill
Port are pretenders again.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 10:17 PM

Wouldn’t worry about it. Port lose tonight and they are mentally shot.

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 10:18 PM
Four times, four times. Second home ground.
We have to win first. We can’t beat port in finals even in Adelaide we can’t complain.

azabob
05-09-2024, 10:19 PM
We have to win first. We can’t beat port in finals even in Adelaide we can’t complain.

Oh yeah huge IF.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 10:23 PM
Port are pretenders again.
Sure are. in 12 years Hinkley hasn't got them into a GF

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 10:23 PM
This game reminds me of when we embarrassed them in the PF.

If Geelong kicked straight this would be exactly the same. It might yet end the same.

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:24 PM
Port supporters about now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:26 PM
Chris Scott, you're a prick but you're a genius.

Sedat
05-09-2024, 10:29 PM
What's the point of Lachie Jones?

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:30 PM
What's the point of Lachie Jones?

He's a cult figure mate.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 10:31 PM
The stands will be empty at 3/4 time.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 10:31 PM
This has screwed us.

Adelaide, Sydney to get to GF.

Hey that top 4 is a good spot right!?

Sedat
05-09-2024, 10:32 PM
Chris Scott, you're a prick but you're a genius.
He is a gun coach. Bastard.

This looked over in the first 5 minutes. They just crap themselves as soon as September starts.

azabob
05-09-2024, 10:33 PM
What is the port Adelaide version of Bomber blitz? Asking for a friend.

azabob
05-09-2024, 10:34 PM
This has screwed us.

Yep…

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:35 PM
Let's hope for a few big hits to some key Port players because this game is all over.

Mantis
This looked over in the first 5 minutes. They just crap themselves as soon as September starts.

It did, but they steadied after a poor start and when they hit the front in the 2nd you could easily see them clearing away, but they have not fired a shot since.

angelopetraglia
How does Geelong do this every year? Hoe many top four finishes?

It is madness.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 10:36 PM
How does Geelong do this every year? Hoe many top four finishes?

It is madness.
Don't drop games like Adelaide.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 10:38 PM
What is the port Adelaide version of Bomber blitz? Asking for a friend.

The big footy port board is hilarious. Think they are up to part 11 of the sack Hinkley thread

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:38 PM
That 'home' game loss we copped in Gather Round is going to be a very critical result in hindsight.

josie
05-09-2024, 10:39 PM
This has screwed us.

No Perth trip. We can do it. If we beat Hawks tomorrow I can see Bevo using this as fuel. I fancy our chances vs Cats at the ‘G should we and they reach the GF.

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 10:41 PM
We missed the Mannagh boat. Way better than our small forwards apart from Weightman.

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:42 PM
How're the opportunities they've pissed up against the wall as well!

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 10:43 PM
This has screwed us.

Why? If we are good enough, we can win anywhere.

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:44 PM
Port won't be this bad next week but it's going to be tough coming back from this type of belting.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 10:45 PM
We missed the Mannagh boat. Way better than our small forwards apart from Weightman.

Oh well. You can’t get everything right.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Rozee is a home and away player.

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:48 PM
Harder, more mature bodies providing manic pressure against a younger side. I hope that bodes well for us tomorrow.

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 10:49 PM
Dixon is so cooked

Rocket Science
05-09-2024, 10:50 PM
Jeez you'd hope Dixon retains his spot.

Let him atone Ken.

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:50 PM
I don't understand the we missed Mannah talk. Was he training with us at some point?

Mantis
05-09-2024, 10:51 PM
Dixon is so cooked

That kick from Georgiades was ****ing disgusting.

How can an AFL player miss a 20m kick by 5m?

But otherwise I agree.

hujsh
05-09-2024, 10:53 PM
I don't understand the we missed Mannah talk. Was he training with us at some point?

Sounds like we considered him strongly mid season but went with Poulter instead.

angelopetraglia
Geelong make me sick.

JanLorMill
We missed him alright. Went late in draft when we needed a small forward.

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 10:54 PM
That kick from Georgiades was ****ing disgusting.

How can an AFL player miss a 20m kick by 5m?

But otherwise I agree.
True but doesn’t look like he can move.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2024, 10:55 PM
Jon Ralph

Port Adelaide have confirmed it?s a rib injury for Butters. He will have scans but given the sensitivity about rib issues he?s clearly in some doubt for next week?s semi fin

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:58 PM
We missed him alright. Went late in draft when we needed a small forward.

He went at pick 36 last year.

jeemak
05-09-2024, 10:59 PM
Sounds like we considered him strongly mid season but went with Poulter instead.

Ahhhh yeah, actually remember reading that.

comrade
05-09-2024, 11:00 PM
He went at pick 36 last year.

Reports are we were looking at him with the pick we used on Freijah but he was taken before it got to us. I'm very happy the kid dropped to us.

comrade
05-09-2024, 11:01 PM
Worst thing about this result is there's no way Dixon can play next week.

Mantis
05-09-2024, 11:03 PM
Rozee is a home and away player.

What a meek performance from a captain.

What does he stand for?

JanLorMill
05-09-2024, 11:04 PM
Worst thing about this result is there's no way Dixon can play next week.
No worries. They have a heap of other spectators.

comrade
05-09-2024, 11:06 PM
This is pisssssss weak.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2024, 11:06 PM
Zac Butters no lover wants to play for a rabble.

The boy from Darely is going home to the club he supported as a child.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 11:07 PM
Zac Butters no lover wants to play for a rabble.

The boy from Darely is going home to the club he supported as a child.
For a day when he was two and pointed at the family pet.

The cats with Baz.

Sedat
05-09-2024, 11:08 PM
He's a cult figure mate.
He is strongly pushing Dixon for worst on ground

comrade
Just shows all the models, all the stats, even form leading in means little when it comes to playing finals.

JanLorMill
This is pisssssss weak.
Embarrassing

Eastdog
05-09-2024, 11:10 PM
Easy win for the Cats. Port have not turned up tonight and could be down by more had they kicked straighter.

Cats get a home prelim at the G. Our next chance at the G will be the GF if we make it through tomorrow.

Port one of the most underwhelming 2nd placed teams in recent times.

azabob
05-09-2024, 11:11 PM
WOOF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

SEN breakfast on Fridays is called Fireball Friday.. and is hosted by David King and ol’ mate Kane Cornes.

The podcast catch up will be must listen.

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 11:12 PM
Wait for the boos at the FT siren (if there are any Port supporters left)

Sedat
05-09-2024, 11:15 PM
Port's positioning of their back 6 is ridiculously aggressive. Geelong have carved them up out the back all night.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 11:16 PM
BT what will the Cats give us for Baz now.
Pick 25 after compos and f/s :cool:

Rocket Science
05-09-2024, 11:16 PM
Mystifying how this mob smacked us by 8 goals.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2024, 11:20 PM
Swamp

Most Prelim Finals in the last 18 seasons (2007-24)

13 - GEEL
9 - coll
6 - haw
5 - syd wbd
4 - gws port rich
3 - bris nth stk wce
2 - adel frem melb
1 - carl
0 - ess gcs

azabob
05-09-2024, 11:20 PM
BT what will the Cats give us for Baz now.
Pick 25 after compos and f/s :cool:

Mr half glass full tonight. :cool:

whythelongface
05-09-2024, 11:21 PM
Mystifying how this mob smacked us by 8 goals.

Or the swans by 100+. It happens. It is how you rebound that matters

comrade
05-09-2024, 11:26 PM
St Kilda wiped the floor with Geelong 2 games ago. Such a bizarre year where teams match up so differently leading to abnormal results.

The Adelaide Connection
05-09-2024, 11:27 PM
Well, we gotta win one in Adelaide eventually. Right?

bornadog
05-09-2024, 11:32 PM
So disappointing for neutrals to watch this rubbish game.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 11:35 PM
We need a wild card round bad!

Eastdog
05-09-2024, 11:35 PM
Well, we gotta win one in Adelaide eventually. Right?

I give us a huge chance next week if we get through tomorrow night.

You can make the arguement tomorrow night is the hardest one.

The Adelaide Connection
05-09-2024, 11:43 PM
I give us a huge chance next week if we get through tomorrow night.

You can make the arguement tomorrow night is the hardest one.

Agree. Hawks are the team I wanted to avoid. But I think our best still beats their best.

The losses of Houston and Farrel have maybe not been emphasised enough. It would be like that one time we played them without Jones and had a totally dysfunctional backline.

They just looked a bit clueless and without clean ball from half back, it had a real flow on effect on their ball usage going forward.

Likely no Butters next week too. Last time around he had 33 at 85% (23 contested), kicked a goal, had 7 clearances, and 8 score involvements).

It?s as good a time to get them as any.

Grantysghost
05-09-2024, 11:45 PM
The good news is MJP is like bloody nostradamus at the moment with his tips, and he tipped the Cats and Dogs so.... There's that.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 11:46 PM
we need a wild card round bad!
never

jeemak
06-09-2024, 12:08 AM
The media is seriously on the Showtime Hawks at the moment. Let's make them Showtime by smashing them in the presence of 90K people tomorrow night.

I've not wanted to put a side away like I have this week for a long while.

Danjul
06-09-2024, 12:26 AM
I usually don?t watch much of the other games but I found this one fascinating. The millimetre perfect positioning, kicking and handball by Geelong had to be seen to be believed. An edited hour of that would be the best training aid the Dogs could have.

Give every player a copy and insist that they watch it twice a day, with food, for three months.

jeemak
06-09-2024, 12:38 AM
I usually don?t watch much of the other games but I found this one fascinating. The millimetre perfect positioning, kicking and handball by Geelong had to be seen to be believed. An edited hour of that would be the best training aid the Dogs could have.

Give every player a copy and insist that they watch it twice a day, with food, for three months.

It was against witches hats though. Port had no defensive element to their game. It was literally Geelong gets goal side in defence, Geelong gets goal side in attack. Port stand still.

merantau
06-09-2024, 07:47 AM
What the fark tactic is that? They did it again in the 2nd qtr.

He is their firestarter. Absolute madness to have him off the ground at the start and restart.

Couldn't agree more. The decision just might spell the end of Ken Hinckley's time at Port.

Go_Dogs
06-09-2024, 08:04 AM
The media is seriously on the Showtime Hawks at the moment. Let's make them Showtime by smashing them in the presence of 90K people tomorrow night.

Yes! Love this sentiment. Let’s ****ing bury them!!!!!

Go_Dogs
06-09-2024, 08:06 AM
Ok Straight Sets Hinkley on the ropes.

Scott (as much as I hate to say it) is an incredible coach. The Cats have what I’d call a middling list but are coached so well and execute the plan against specific opposition. We can beat them. But they’re an incredible side.

azabob
06-09-2024, 08:59 AM

So you think we will?

Bullies
06-09-2024, 10:02 AM
He went at pick 36 last year. But he was available in the mid year draft when he was also kicking goals.

hujsh
06-09-2024, 10:30 AM
But he was available in the mid year draft when he was also kicking goals.

Jee knows, he's responding to a comment saying we missed him in the ND.

Once we missed him in the MSD the only way to get him in the ND after his big finals would have been to trade up after Croft was picked.

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 11:59 AM
Jee knows, he's responding to a comment saying we missed him in the ND.

Once we missed him in the MSD the only way to get him in the ND after his big finals would have been to trade up after Croft was picked.
thanks for pointing it out again.
The point being we could have got him and he is good player.

ledge
06-09-2024, 12:48 PM
I looked up cracking under pressure in the dictionary and it had the last 5 years of Port Adelaide team photos.

Sedat
06-09-2024, 12:57 PM
It did, but they steadied after a poor start and when they hit the front in the 2nd you could easily see them clearing away, but they have not fired a shot since.
Geelong wasted so many easy chances in the last 20 minutes of the 1st qtr and Port arsed a couple against the run with Burton from 55m out and a brilliant JHF one-on-one effort. Watching last night it looked like the entire 120 minutes was on Geelong's terms, even if the scoreboard didn't reflect this early in the 2nd.

That first 5 minutes from Port showed a team completely unable to handle finals pressure. There will be some response next week but that loss might finally destroy the Hinkley era - not just for the coach but many of the players and admin as well.

Mofra
06-09-2024, 01:32 PM
JHF starting quarters on the bench.
Madness. He's a prototype finals player, made for it. What was Hinkley thinking?

Mofra
06-09-2024, 01:34 PM
Ok Straight Sets Hinkley on the ropes.

Scott (as much as I hate to say it) is an incredible coach. The Cats have what I?d call a middling list but are coached so well and execute the plan against specific opposition. We can beat them. But they?re an incredible side.
He made a mention pre-game of Port being weak on presence on one particular side of the contest.
He's basically told the football world what he was going to do before the game, then had the players execute it perfectly.

Max Holmes is a superstar too. Crazy good player

Go_Dogs
06-09-2024, 01:48 PM
He made a mention pre-game of Port being weak on presence on one particular side of the contest.
He's basically told the football world what he was going to do before the game, then had the players execute it perfectly.

Max Holmes is a superstar too. Crazy good player

Yep. Agree on both counts.

Scott just gets it tactically. He’s lead the field for a while.

hujsh
06-09-2024, 02:11 PM
thanks for pointing it out again.
The point being we could have got him and he is good player.

No doubt, Poulter looks a big miss comparatively. If it's Freijah vs him though I'd be more torn and lean towards the younger guy

mjp
06-09-2024, 02:20 PM
JHF starting quarters on the bench.
Madness. He's a prototype finals player, made for it. What was Hinkley thinking?

Um - sometimes it can depend on the rotation pattern...

In a usual midfield flip you'd go:

3min - 6 - 9 - 12 - 15 - 18 - 21 etc.

So starting on the bench you would do 3x stints inside THEN most likely 1 stint off. JHF seems to do a bit of a 3-2 mid-forward split so I'm guessing it would be to time his rotations as much as possible with the forward/midfield lines and let the guys flow on/off...

He clearly rates him and he can coach so I think there would be a reason. Everyone starts on the bench or outside of the CBD at some stage and everyone will need a break...Horne-Francis presents more as a power vs endurance athlete so if he is FINISHING on the ground he might need to START pine so he can get a near on 10-minute break whereas others can get a 5-minute spell and go...

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 02:23 PM
No doubt, Poulter looks a big miss comparatively. If it's Freijah vs him though I'd be more torn and lean towards the younger guy
Was never going to be Frejiah vs Mannagh. Mannagh at 36 well before Freijah. Given we picked L Smith 2 picks later, Had he lasted to the freijah pick, we could have got both. Mannagh vs Poulter I totally get.

hujsh
06-09-2024, 02:39 PM
Was never going to be Frejiah vs Mannagh. Mannagh at 36 well before Freijah. Given we picked L Smith 2 picks later, Had he lasted to the freijah pick, we could have got both. Mannagh vs Poulter I totally get.

It'd be Freijah vs Mannagh in the sense that we've likely have to trade up and miss out on Joel, kind of like how Essendon wanted us to trade up and take Lual

Mofra
06-09-2024, 07:17 PM
Um - sometimes it can depend on the rotation pattern...

In a usual midfield flip you'd go:

3min - 6 - 9 - 12 - 15 - 18 - 21 etc.

So starting on the bench you would do 3x stints inside THEN most likely 1 stint off. JHF seems to do a bit of a 3-2 mid-forward split so I'm guessing it would be to time his rotations as much as possible with the forward/midfield lines and let the guys flow on/off...

He clearly rates him and he can coach so I think there would be a reason. Everyone starts on the bench or outside of the CBD at some stage and everyone will need a break...Horne-Francis presents more as a power vs endurance athlete so if he is FINISHING on the ground he might need to START pine so he can get a near on 10-minute break whereas others can get a 5-minute spell and go...
It was the same in the second quarter when JHF started on the pine and then Port got back into the game when he went on - and I still remember the 2021 prelim where Will Drew was off for the first 5-10 minutes of the game, in which time Libba (who he eventually went to) was carving Port up and we were 5 goals in front.

In a hot final surely you want to set the tone early? Or at the very least learn from the first quarter

If somethign doesn;t work,

Sedat
07-09-2024, 04:52 PM
Peatling will fit in beautifully at the kennel. He's already missing set shots from 15m out.

Sedat
07-09-2024, 05:08 PM
Sydney not coping with GWS pressure and quick ball movement so far. Blakey going for panic Hollywood handballs deep in defence.

Grantysghost
07-09-2024, 05:20 PM
Swans just want to mouth off and fight and the Giants are playing footy and flogging them.
Bit like when Mills carried on against us. Flogs!

Amazing they managed to finish on top when theyre a pretty average side.

G-Mo77
07-09-2024, 05:36 PM
They're an unliveable pack of flogs. I can't believe they have turned me into a GWS supporter for a day.

merantau
07-09-2024, 05:37 PM
This is a red hot game now. Giants playing very well. Makes we realise what an opportunity went begging last night.

Grantysghost
07-09-2024, 05:39 PM
Giants 29 inside 50s at the half,we had 39 for the night.

G-Mo77
07-09-2024, 05:40 PM
And I hate seeing these champagne sipping tossers in the crowd with their Go Bloods signs. These dickheads wouldn't have any idea what that means or the history behind it.

azabob
07-09-2024, 06:17 PM
Oh wow, that was some bulldog defending by the swans then.

bornadog
07-09-2024, 06:18 PM
Giants 29 inside 50s at the half,we had 39 for the night.

What is disappointing is just a few weeks ago we beat both these teams.

merantau
07-09-2024, 06:30 PM
What is disappointing is just a few weeks ago we beat both these teams.

Nailed it, BAD. Where did it all go wrong? Above the shoulders, I feel.

bornadog
07-09-2024, 06:34 PM
Nailed it, BAD. Where did it all go wrong? Above the shoulders, I feel.

I am blaming the bye. We lost momentum - I have no other explanation as I know we can play better than we did.

chef
07-09-2024, 06:37 PM
I am blaming the bye. We lost momentum - I have no other explanation as I know we can play better than we did.

Probably more a lack of leadership, we needed a few to lead the way when the going got tough but they all disappeared.

Sedat
07-09-2024, 06:38 PM
Callum Mills having one of the all-time mares as a captain. Everything he touches is turning to crap.

DOG GOD
07-09-2024, 06:41 PM
I’m not Bornadog. Hawks had more momentum than us only losing 1 of their past 9 or something. The bye didn’t affect them.
We are a mentally weak team. Plain and simple. We have too many players who don’t want to work hard when things require it.

azabob
07-09-2024, 06:53 PM
How good was Cal Wards goal?

chef
07-09-2024, 07:01 PM
What a goal from Heeney. Was nuts.

chef
07-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Papley has been huge in this game, what a leader.

josie
07-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Just looked at qtr by qtr scores (not watching game). What a comeback by Swans. Up by a goal, assuming close to siren.

Sedat
07-09-2024, 07:10 PM
Game of the year and it's not even close. That was amazing.

Heeney and Warner absolutely massive in the last. Ditto Papley halving aerial contests in F50.

GWS didn't do much wrong, Sydney's stars have a level nobody else can match.

azabob
07-09-2024, 07:12 PM
Game of the year and it's not even close. That was amazing.

Heeney and Warner absolutely massive in the last. Ditto Papley halving aerial contests in F50.

GWS didn't do much wrong, Sydney's stars have a level nobody else can matcb.

Brayden Campbell for mine was the spark.

merantau
07-09-2024, 07:13 PM
I’m not Bornadog. Hawks had more momentum than us only losing 1 of their past 9 or something. The bye didn’t affect them.
We are a mentally weak team. Plain and simple. We have too many players who don’t want to work hard when things require it.

I'm afraid you are right. I search for answers and I can't find any explanation apart from what you suggest. Where are our mongrels? Where are our desperates? Where are our "take no prisoners" types? Where are our barbarians? It hurts big time.

angelopetraglia
07-09-2024, 07:13 PM
What a game. Incredible.

DOG GOD
07-09-2024, 07:18 PM
It’s starting to get that swans vs cats GF

DOG GOD
07-09-2024, 07:20 PM
I'm afraid you are right. I search for answers and I can't find any explanation apart from what you suggest. Where are our mongrels? Where are our desperates? Where are our "take no prisoners" types? Where are our barbarians? It hurts big time.
Great post. Yes we are lacking severely in all those types.

Grantysghost
It’s starting to get that swans vs cats GF
Giants still a chance. They'll have to probably go to Brisbane and then G but I think they were desperately unlucky. Heeney and Warner took it away from them with individual brilliance.

Rocket Science
Stirring seeing that sort of resolve from a team that looked soundly beaten then find something when challenged and fight their way back through adversity.

Must be ace.

azabob
07-09-2024, 07:22 PM
Damn, Heeney seems like a ripper of a guy.

chef
07-09-2024, 07:33 PM
Giants still a chance. They'll have to probably go to Brisbane and then G but I think they were desperately unlucky. Heeney and Warner took it away from them with individual brilliance.

Brisbane would play in Sydney if they win.

bornadog
07-09-2024, 07:41 PM
What a game. Incredible.

That was a proper final

Sedat
07-09-2024, 08:07 PM

GWS suffering PTSD from that scoreline, eerily similar (1 point off) from a certain PF in 2016

Sedat
07-09-2024, 08:33 PM
Brayden Campbell for mine was the spark.
He was very impactful - perfect sub.

I loved some of James Jordan's work late as well. Was involved in most of their scoring chains in the last 10 mins.

Gee GWS were stiff. They couldn't have done much more to win that, just some off the charts individual brilliance got Sydney home. Not sure that is sustainable in a GF if Sydney make it - they need a much more even spread of contributors.

Grantysghost
07-09-2024, 09:11 PM
Morris is a good pick-up by the Lions. Werribee boy via the jets.

Like.

merantau
07-09-2024, 09:32 PM
Zorko has been immense for the Lions

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2024, 10:04 PM
Carlton logic:

- Ask Kennedy to leave his newborn and play. Makes a last minute dash to the Gabba. Starts, but is subbed out tactically in the second QTR.

- Declare TDK fit to play. Start him as sub. Comes on and has more of an impact than the rest of the side.

Crazy moves. I can't believe they dropped Cincotta too.

Grantysghost
07-09-2024, 11:12 PM
How's the difference between a Lions home final and a Dogs home final.

If it was a Q clash final they had to play at Carrara then you'd get what we copped.

jeemak
07-09-2024, 11:16 PM

They'll stay in Sydney, as they finished fourth.

jeemak
07-09-2024, 11:18 PM
Media will somehow say the Dogs were the biggest losers out of week one.

angelopetraglia
07-09-2024, 11:53 PM
How's the difference between a Lions home final and a Dogs home final.

If it was a Q clash final they had to play at Carrara then you'd get what we copped.

Did our club get full control of the sound system at the MCG to make it hostile for Hawthorn?

bornadog
08-09-2024, 12:02 AM
Did our club get full control of the sound system at the MCG to make it hostile for Hawthorn?

Yes we did. We had control of everything the same as at Marvel with sound, announcer etc.

Over 97,000 there last night - you wouldn't have that game anywhere else.

jeemak
08-09-2024, 12:31 AM
I'm happy with the game being at the G. If we couldn't move the ball there we're not moving it anywhere, but that aside, Victorian finals should be at the G.

However, we should be able to train more there in the lead up and we should get one or two more games there a year as should every team. The G tenants have a massive leg up against the rest of the competition and it's rubbish.

A light captains run doesn't cut it in the lead up. We should have been given a main session plus the captains run as a minimum. It's a unique space.

kruder
08-09-2024, 12:33 AM
Loved watching Darcy Jones today, our list is crying out for his attributes thought he was electric.

I wonder if we were keen on him had he slid 3 more spots to the Charlie Clarke pick in the 2022 national draft? There is always a fine line between pleasure and pain just ask St Kilda.

Happy Days
08-09-2024, 12:33 AM
Media will somehow say the Dogs were the biggest losers out of week one.

We kinda were though?

jeemak
08-09-2024, 12:36 AM
We kinda were though?

I think Port definitely were, with Carlton giving up 9.6 to nothing close to taking the chocolates.

We sucked for two quarters, but weren't entirely uncompetitive. The commentary about Brisbane worrying about their second half form is ridiculous, while GWS losing from 21 points up in the last will get washed over.......

Grantysghost
08-09-2024, 08:30 AM
I'm happy with the game being at the G. If we couldn't move the ball there we're not moving it anywhere, but that aside, Victorian finals should be at the G.

However, we should be able to train more there in the lead up and we should get one or two more games there a year as should every team. The G tenants have a massive leg up against the rest of the competition and it's rubbish.

A light captains run doesn't cut it in the lead up. We should have been given a main session plus the captains run as a minimum. It's a unique space.
Since 2001 (Docklands first year was 2000 but not counting dons as they played at G as well).

9 flags from mcg tenants
11 outside mel
1 Docklands

Grantysghost
08-09-2024, 09:31 AM
Since 2001 (Docklands first year was 2000 but not counting dons as they played at G as well).

9 flags from mcg tenants
11 outside mel
1 Docklands

Here it is in table form.

Note - the Cats play 9 home games at Sedat Park and 2 home games at the MCG per year. I would ditch Ballarat for one game from next year and ask to play 2 at the MCG and one less at Marvel (8 marvel, 2 MCG, 1 Windy Hell).

Note - all MCG tenants have won a flag in this period. (*Demons won away from MCG)

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvt05L5N/Screenshot-2024-09-08-083717.png (https://postimages.org/)