PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs V Hawthorn - 2nd Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6 Sep 2024 7:40PM AEST

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
01-09-2024, 10:40 PM
Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
04-09-2024, 12:10 PM
Margin: Bulldogs by 3 points - We get it done in a thriller at the G
First goal: Cody Weightman
Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

Looking forward to our first final at the G since that glorious year of 2016. Will be sitting on Level 1 M34 for this one.

Go Bulldogs!

whythelongface
04-09-2024, 12:21 PM
Margin: Bulldogs by 37
First goal: Williams
Best on ground: Marra (5 goals)

bornadog
04-09-2024, 12:36 PM
Dogs by 48
first Goal Marra
BOG The Bont

Plums
04-09-2024, 12:36 PM
Margin: Dogs by 14
First goal: Treloar out of the first bounce
Best on ground: Bont with 30 and 3

The Adelaide Connection
04-09-2024, 11:27 PM
Margin: Dogs by 22
First Goal: JUH
BOG: Bont

Time till Melbourne departure: 22 Hours
Amount of actual work I will get done tomorrow: 0
Amount of time I will spend at work reading every article ever written: 8 hours

Pumped.

comrade
04-09-2024, 11:30 PM
Margin: Dogs by 22
First Goal: JUH

Time till Melbourne departure: 22 Hours
Amount of actual work I will get done tomorrow: 0
Amount of time I will spend at work reading every article ever written: 8 hours

Pumped.

I?ve got the next 2 days off. Maximum footy content will be consumed.

merantau
04-09-2024, 11:39 PM
I'm feeling very upbeat about this game. Dogs by 25. First goal Astro. BOG: the Bont

Funke disco
04-09-2024, 11:49 PM
Margin: Dogs by 38 (Hawks will get some junktime goals to bring it back)
First Goal: Darcy

Dry Rot
05-09-2024, 01:52 AM
Let's channel the spirit and importance of this elimination final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ55RMKIgJI

Daniel's best game ever?

hujsh
05-09-2024, 02:12 AM
Let's channel the spirit and importance of this elimination final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ55RMKIgJI

Daniel's best game ever?

Maybe. I kinda like that Daniel more than the HB flanker.

Lots of 'member berries in that video

azabob
05-09-2024, 09:11 AM
Damn, I really like it much more when everyone is pessimistic and we have sprinkling of optimism from Easty or BAD…

Calling Dogod, Danjul to balance this thread out…

bulldogtragic
05-09-2024, 09:54 AM
Damn, I really like it much more when everyone is pessimistic and we have sprinkling of optimism from Easty or BAD…

Calling Dogod, Danjul to balance this thread out…

Hawks by 65
BOG Sicily
FG Meek
Barrass laughs at how he said Dogs to run up his contract with Hawks and they have a big laugh at us

That enough to make you feel better Az?

comrade
05-09-2024, 10:07 AM
Hawks by 17
BOG: Watson with 6 goals
FG: Frost runs off Naughton and slots it from 50

Also just doing my bit to even out the vibes.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 10:23 AM
Current forecast showing rain starting at 5pm and going through to well after the game. Only about 0.5m each hour.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2024, 10:33 AM
Current forecast showing rain starting at 5pm and going through to well after the game. Only about 0.5m each hour.

Strong argument for hardened bodies like West & Harmes over Arty & Gags.

Angak
05-09-2024, 11:05 AM
For us to win, our forwards, especially Marra and Naughton, need to play unselfish football. I think at times they feel the need to be a hero, but in finals and the inevitable pressure cooker environment, it's the selfless team stuff that matters most. Giving the first option instead of blazing away or trying to break 3-4 tackles when a quick handball is available. Blocking off the ball to create space for a teammate and obviously the pressure + tackling side of the game. If our forward group comes with a team first mindset, it should give us a great chance to advance.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-09-2024, 11:29 AM
Damn, I really like it much more when everyone is pessimistic and we have sprinkling of optimism from Easty or BAD?

Calling Dogod, Danjul to balance this thread out?

Can't trust this group. They'll fall to pieces. English will get out marked by Watson late in the 4th to win the game after Caleb turns it straight over under no pressure to Sicily.

bornadog
05-09-2024, 12:52 PM
For us to win, our forwards, especially Marra and Naughton, need to play unselfish football. I think at times they feel the need to be a hero, but in finals and the inevitable pressure cooker environment, it's the selfless team stuff that matters most. Giving the first option instead of blazing away or trying to break 3-4 tackles when a quick handball is available. Blocking off the ball to create space for a teammate and obviously the pressure + tackling side of the game. If our forward group comes with a team first mindset, it should give us a great chance to advance.

In all the finals played, Naughton has not performed. We need him to be at his best tomorrow.

Danjul
05-09-2024, 01:06 PM
Damn, I really like it much more when everyone is pessimistic and we have sprinkling of optimism from Easty or BAD?

Calling Dogod, Danjul to balance this thread out?
The last time we played Hawthorn we Dropped Lobb and Daniel going for speed over experience and skill.

kicked 3 goals in the first 5 minutes and then 3 in the next hour.

Most of the game was spent kicking the ball to Hawthorn opponents allowing them their second highest number of intercept scores in the last 5 years, approximately half of their score. Then to cap it off we allowed them to play through Sicily by having him 1:1 with Khamis.

The Dogs did everything possible to help the Hawks win.

Had a bad feeling prior to that game even though someone who saw Hawthorn get destroyed the previous week said they were uncompetitive. We were playing terrible footy and looking demoralised.

This time I?m assuming everything will be better from selecting a balanced team with better disposal skills to a more direct game style by confident players. Can?t see Hawks being close at the finish.

azabob
05-09-2024, 01:14 PM
I started the week thinking we would win and win by 3-5 goals.

As the game gets closer, the more nervous I get, the more I see the Hawks smalls running amok.

comrade
05-09-2024, 01:16 PM
The last time we played Hawthorn we Dropped Lobb and Daniel going for speed over experience and skill.

kicked 3 goals in the first 5 minutes and then 3 in the next hour.

Most of the game was spent kicking the ball to Hawthorn opponents allowing them their second highest number of intercept scores in the last 5 years, approximately half of their score. Then to cap it off we allowed them to play through Sicily by having him 1:1 with Khamis.

The Dogs did everything possible to help the Hawks win.

Had a bad feeling prior to that game even though someone who saw Hawthorn get destroyed the previous week said they were uncompetitive. We were playing terrible footy and looking demoralised.

This time I?m assuming everything will be better from selecting a balanced team with better disposal skills to a more direct game style by confident players. Can?t see Hawks being close at the finish.

You were meant to balance out the hype!

angelopetraglia
05-09-2024, 01:32 PM
I'm really excited and nervous about this game. Such a big stage, so much at stake. I also have an enormous amount of gratitude that we get the chance to attend a MASSIVE final at the MCG again.

I'm trying my hardest to concetrate and get some important things completed at work. But my producitivy is declining at an exponetnial rate as we get closer to Friday. Tomorrow will most probably be a complete write off.

comrade
05-09-2024, 01:37 PM
I'm really excited and nervous about this game. Such a big stage, so much at stake. I also have an enormous amount of gratitude that we get the chance to attend a MASSIVE final at the MCG again.

I'm trying my hardest to concetrate and get some important things completed at work. But my producitivy is declining at an exponetnial rate as we get closer to Friday. Tomorrow will most probably be a complete write off.

Death riding Geelong tonight will be fun.

Danjul
05-09-2024, 01:54 PM
You were meant to balance out the hype!
That was my pessimistic view. It might change at 6:30

Axe Man
05-09-2024, 05:45 PM
Footy finals forecast: Melbourne weather for Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn Friday night clash (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/more-wild-weather-damaging-winds-to-lash-victoria/news-story/02ba87a3eb8f80c5f7dba759830838cd)

Victoria was lashed by hectic winds and stormy weather this week – but footy fans can breathe easy with calmer conditions expected for the Friday night Dogs v Hawks clash.

Melbourne will see a top of 24 degrees on Friday, with the temperature expected to drop below 20 degrees at around 4pm and down to the mid-teens by end of game.

Bureau of Meteorology community information officer Morgan Pumpa said damaging winds will steer clear of Melbourne on game day.

Melburnians can expect a 90 per cent chance of rain tomorrow, with 2-10mm on the forecast. Footy fans should prepare for showers during the late afternoon and evening.

“It would be worth having a poncho with you and a raincoat,” Ms Pumpa told footy-goers.

“It’s no heavy showers. It’s just might come through and ease off a bit – it’s not like thunderstorm activity either, so it shouldn’t stop play.

“The conditions that we have aren’t like the weekend or the weekend before, which is good news.”

Morning winds are expected to range up to 30km/h on Friday, expected to ease to below 20km/h as fans head to the ‘G.

Ms Pumpa recommended footy fans continue to monitor wind warnings, which are expected to ease towards Saturday morning.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2024, 08:05 PM
Let's eliminate.the Hawks.
There is a tsunami happenng at the Bulldogs, a synergy finally developed and we are ready to overcome whoever.
The weather won't stop us.
" Slight chance of a shower in the early morning, then a high chance of rain developing in the afternoon, most likely in the evening. Damaging winds possible about the outer suburbs in the morning and afternoon. Winds northerly 35 to 50 km/h shifting west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening." Bom.gov.au

Margin: Dogs 29 pts
First goal: Weightman.
Best on ground: Naughton.

DOG GOD
05-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Ok, I?m here.
Hawks by 33 points
1st goal - weightman
Bog - treloar

Put simply, hawks will be too quick for us. We don?t have matchups for Moore & Watson in particular.
If it?s raining that will take Marra, Naughton and Darcy out of the game. I expect Sicily, Scrimshaw, D?ambrossio, impey and Weddle to just run it out at will.
I also expect Moore, Ginnivan and Watson to get plenty of opportunities over the back and it wouldn?t suprise me to see half their score within 20 metres of goal, over the back running into open goal.

We also won?t tag. Give Newcombe 30+ and be done with it. Thank god Day isn?t playing.

The simple fact is, going by their list, Hawks are a 12-14 ladder position. How they are here is mind blowing. But it?s a simple fact that I think our 3 talls will struggle to impact and the hawks backs will just run run run it out giving their fwds plenty of chances.

Eastdog
05-09-2024, 11:22 PM
Footy finals forecast: Melbourne weather for Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn Friday night clash (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/more-wild-weather-damaging-winds-to-lash-victoria/news-story/02ba87a3eb8f80c5f7dba759830838cd)

Victoria was lashed by hectic winds and stormy weather this week – but footy fans can breathe easy with calmer conditions expected for the Friday night Dogs v Hawks clash.

Melbourne will see a top of 24 degrees on Friday, with the temperature expected to drop below 20 degrees at around 4pm and down to the mid-teens by end of game.

Bureau of Meteorology community information officer Morgan Pumpa said damaging winds will steer clear of Melbourne on game day.

Melburnians can expect a 90 per cent chance of rain tomorrow, with 2-10mm on the forecast. Footy fans should prepare for showers during the late afternoon and evening.

“It would be worth having a poncho with you and a raincoat,” Ms Pumpa told footy-goers.

“It’s no heavy showers. It’s just might come through and ease off a bit – it’s not like thunderstorm activity either, so it shouldn’t stop play.

“The conditions that we have aren’t like the weekend or the weekend before, which is good news.”

Morning winds are expected to range up to 30km/h on Friday, expected to ease to below 20km/h as fans head to the ‘G.

Ms Pumpa recommended footy fans continue to monitor wind warnings, which are expected to ease towards Saturday morning.

I have my poncho ready.

Hopefully not too bad rain wise.

Mantis
06-09-2024, 07:36 AM
Ok, I?m here.
Hawks by 33 points
1st goal - weightman
Bog - treloar

Put simply, hawks will be too quick for us. We don?t have matchups for Moore & Watson in particular.
If it?s raining that will take Marra, Naughton and Darcy out of the game. I expect Sicily, Scrimshaw, D?ambrossio, impey and Weddle to just run it out at will.
I also expect Moore, Ginnivan and Watson to get plenty of opportunities over the back and it wouldn?t suprise me to see half their score within 20 metres of goal, over the back running into open goal.

We also won?t tag. Give Newcombe 30+ and be done with it. Thank god Day isn?t playing.

The simple fact is, going by their list, Hawks are a 12-14 ladder position. How they are here is mind blowing. But it?s a simple fact that I think our 3 talls will struggle to impact and the hawks backs will just run run run it out giving their fwds plenty of chances.

Love it!

Lots to counter with your thoughts, but at our absolute, and I mean absolute worst those thoughts could ring true.

Personally I think our very deep midfield will overwhelm the Hoks with the load to carry by Jai too much. All starts with a super competitive performance by Tim.

And for those looking ahead our airline friends have jacked up their prices to Adel for next Friday by 200-300%, rats!

Go_Dogs
06-09-2024, 08:09 AM
Happy game day folks.

I live about a 10 min walk from the G so I’m going to be WFH today and largely distracted thinking about football.

Head in early ish (subject to helping with the little people) and have got a group of us who managed to get seats together.

I’m confident we’ve got this one. Hopefully too many aren’t looking ahead to next week, which is always a possibility when you know what’s on offer in advance.

Dogs by 38
BOG Bont - it’s him, of course it is
First goal - Harmes

Plums
06-09-2024, 10:08 AM
All work is out the window, all eyes on 7:40 at the G. Happy Finals Gameday!

Sedat
06-09-2024, 10:18 AM
We are going to Hawk Tuah and spit on that Hok Ball thing tonight

Axe Man
06-09-2024, 10:50 AM
Mick McGuane identifies the key matchups and tactics that will decide the Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn clash (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-v-hawthorn-afl-finals-live-updates-start-time-team-list/news-story/a07ffe9865c3008fb3db475ca9c88adb)

Hawthorn?s running power has carried them to September, but MICK MCGUANE is backing the Bulldogs to survive the first do-or-die final of 2024 and end the Hawks? dream run. Here?s why.

It might be the most anticipated game in the first week of finals.

The Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn will do battle at the MCG on Friday night in what shapes as a high-scoring shootout.

AFL analyst Mick McGuane puts his coaching hat on for both sides and identifies how he would steer them to victory.

IF I WERE THE WESTERN BULLDOGS ?

THE MAIN MESSAGE

There are two main messages I?d look to get across to the playing group.

The first is that they bring their absolute best around stoppages and the second is that they apply manic pressure all over the ground.

The Bulldogs bat deeper than the Hawks in the midfield and have an opportunity to control stoppages through onballers Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar and Ed Richards along with the help of ruckman Tim English.

From stoppage wins, the Bulldogs can generate territory and provide their dangerous forward line with ample opportunities.

They rank No. 1 for inside-50 differential this season.

But when they don?t win the footy, the Bulldogs must defend with intent and chase like they never have before.

Why? Because the Hawks defenders have great speed and can seriously run.

You can?t let Hawthorn have time and space with the ball, because they will punish you going the other way.

STRETCH THE HAWKS? BACKLINE

Hawthorn has a good defensive system, but it is undersized down back.

That presents real opportunities for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Aaron Naughton and Sam Darcy to control the air and do some damage on the scoreboard.

The trio must work together to ensure they lead to different spots and either get separation on their opponents or create one-on-one opportunities where they should have the edge to take marks inside-50.

Ugle-Hagan, Naughton and Darcy have combined for 40 goals across the past seven games and are setting up teammates for majors when they are not kicking them themselves.

They will prove more than a handful for opponents James Sicily, Sam Frost and Josh Weddle.

RUCK ROLE

In a bid to further test the Hawks? defenders, I?d also encourage English to also slide forward at every opportunity and try to exploit Hawks ruckman Lloyd Meek.

English has the aerial capabilities to take marks inside-50 and if Meek doesn?t concentrate well enough or work hard enough then he will be exposed.

English has kicked multiple goals in four games this season ? one of those coming against Hawthorn in round 8.

It is so important to dictate to the other ruckman and English is capable of doing that.

DEFENSIVE-MINDED FORWARDS

It must be drilled into the forwards just how crucial it is to defend strongly if Hawthorn wins the footy back in its defensive 50.

Since round 16, the Hawks rank No. 1 in the competition for transitioning the ball from their defensive 50 to inside-50, along with ranking No. 1 for scoring from their defensive half at an average of 43 points a game.

The Bulldogs can?t afford to have a wave of Hawthorn players bouncing out of their backline unpressured.

Luke Beveridge?s team has been strong at snapping into defensive transition well this year and setting up a spatial defensive system which is working as well as ever.

However, the Hawks will test that system if the likes of Karl Amon, Jarman Impey and Josh Weddle are allowed to charge forward at a rapid rate and use their foot skills to piece through.

OVER TO YOU, BONT

Marcus Bontempelli finished the home-and-away season as Champion Data?s No. 1 rated player.

He?s played 12 finals before and has won a premiership and the Bulldogs will look to their captain to lead the way.

With Will Day out injured, Bontempelli can expect a match-up against big-bodied Hawks midfielder Connor Nash.

Nash will try to limit Bontempelli?s first-possession and clearance wins, but the Bulldogs star can look to push forward at times where he can add another marking threat to an already potent attack.

Tom Liberatore would relish the challenge to go up against Jai Newcombe onball, with both players being highly influential for their teams at stoppages.

IF I WAS HAWTHORN ?

IMPACT v CONTROL

The Hawks must get the balance right down back between impacting other contests and controlling their opponents.

Given the aerial threats of the Dogs, Hawthorn?s backmen will want to roll-off their direct opponent at times and provide support to teammates.

However, getting the decision right on when to do this is critical.

If you leave your post and don?t intercept the ball in the air, you can get caught in no man?s land and your opponent can become dangerous at ground level if they are left with 5 or 10m of space in an attacking position.

Impey, Scrimshaw and Sicily often like to roll the dice and get across to provide support.

But you have to do so at the right time and look to get the desired result what?s best for the team, and that?s marking the ball back or clearing the area with an aggressive spoil.

FOLD BACK

Knowing their defence is undersized, the Hawthorn midfielders and wingman will have to fold back to provide support.

But getting numbers back into defensive 50 is also beneficial to the slingshot footy the Hawks like to play.

When they do win it back, the Hawks need to attack the game in front of them through elite kicking and hard running.

Sicily, Impey, Amon and Weddle can all open the game up with their kicking skills and if the Bulldogs? defensive structure doesn?t get set or they get too high, there will be opportunities out the back for lightning-quick small forwards like Jack Ginnivan, Dylan Moore and Nick Watson.

It?s fairly simple formula: Make the ground small by pushing numbers up the ground to support their back half of the ground.

Then on intercepts, the Hawks must counter-attack through the corridor and then all those players in front of the ball run attacking patterns into space to stretch the Bulldogs? defensive structure by getting good width and length and making the MCG as big as it is.

GET AFTER THE LOOSE BALL

The Bulldogs? strength lies inside the contest, but the Hawks can get an advantage on the outside.

Hawthorn ranks No. 1 in the competition for both ground ball gets and loose ball gets.

Post-clearance, they need to get after the footy and test the anticipation and work rate of the Bulldogs when the ball spills into open space.

Winning these crucial ground balls will help provide the Hawks with good territory, which is particularly important in this match because it will take the pressure off Hawthorn?s undersized back half.

STAND TALL, SMALLS

Hawthorn?s small forwards play with great hunger, energy and enthusiasm and all of that should be encouraged heading into this big final.

Dylan Moore (35 goals) is the side?s second-highest goalkicker this season, while Jack Ginnivan (25 goals) and Nick Watson (18 goals) are also regularly creating scoring opportunities.

This trio will get their rewards if they work up the ground and then immediately on turnover look to race their opponents back towards their goals and receive ?Joe the Goose? type goals.

But like the Hawks, the Bulldogs also generate some bounce from the backline through Bailey Dale and Lachlan Bramble.

Therefore there is a need for strong defensive efforts when the Bulldogs are looking to counter-attack.

ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE

The Hawks are a young group and a lot of players have little or no finals experience under their belts.

My message to them would be: Enjoy the experience.

You are here because you belong and have earnt the right.

Since round 11, Hawthorn?s profile has been outstanding ? ranking No. 1 in both points for (106.2 points a game) and points against (66.2 points a game).

They have also been the competition?s best side for points from turnovers and points from clearances.

That is an outstanding set of numbers and profile which will hold them in good stead for a high-stakes game and a cut throat final.

MICK?S TIP

Western Bulldogs by 11 points

hujsh
06-09-2024, 11:14 AM
Do we want English pushing forward? I kinda prefer him to work hard as a mid and helping the defence but unless he's 'free' I'd not want to rely on his height to 'stretch' their defence. It'd be enough if he pulls Meek away from the contest and doesn't let him compensate for their lack of talls down back.

If he can burn off Meek, then go for it I guess. Just not if it means being in the way of Darcy

Axe Man
06-09-2024, 11:29 AM
Do we want English pushing forward? I kinda prefer him to work hard as a mid and helping the defence but unless he's 'free' I'd not want to rely on his height to 'stretch' their defence. It'd be enough if he pulls Meek away from the contest and doesn't let him compensate for their lack of talls down back.

If he can burn off Meek, then go for it I guess. Just not if it means being in the way of Darcy

It's just picking the right time to do it. I've seen him do it successfully at times where it's clear we are going to win the ball in the middle (like a slowly taken free kick) - he gets on his bike and pushes into a pocket of space in the forward 50 and the opposition ruckman is caught out.

Mantis
06-09-2024, 11:58 AM
McGuane, and David King have rightly put it on English to have a big say in tonight's game.

For shits & giggles I went back and reviewed the Game Day thread from our Rd8 game against Haw and the pile on for Tim was impressive. He was dominated in the contested parts of the game in that clash which made us all happy, it simply cannot happen tonight.

Happy Days
06-09-2024, 12:06 PM
McGuane, and David King have rightly put it on English to have a big say in tonight's game.

For shits & giggles I went back and reviewed the Game Day thread from our Rd8 game against Haw and the pile on for Tim was impressive. He was dominated in the contested parts of the game in that clash which made us all happy, it simply cannot happen tonight.

I had completely forgotten about the spectre of Finals Tim English before right now and it’s made me go from unbelievably confident to certain we’re gonna lose.

Sedat
06-09-2024, 12:09 PM

He was so poor that night and also the Essendon game, but to be fair (and I am one of his hardest critics on here) he has improved his competitiveness at stoppage since then - he needed to quite frankly.

It's massively important that he does so again tonight. Territory dominance will go a long way to deciding the winner tonight - Hawks have been excellent at denying their opposition looks inside 50 the last couple of months.

Axe Man
06-09-2024, 12:26 PM
Sweet smashed Stanley last night with 51 hitouts (15 to advantage) vs 28 & 3. Obviously we aren't likely to completely pants Hawthorn like the Cats did to Port last night but the ruck battle isn't be all and end all. Certainly if Tim can largely nullify Meek in the contest it can't hurt though.

The Pie Man
06-09-2024, 12:27 PM

He is arguably a barometer, can’t recall many games where he was ordinary and we’ve come out on top

Jeanette54
06-09-2024, 12:29 PM
I have an awful feeling that tonight might not be a close one, although not sure which way it is going to go. Will our tall forwards and bigger bodied pressure be the decider or will the Hawks mosquito fleet win the day. It's kind of 1961 in reverse, just as well the flick pass can't be a part of Hawthorn's game.

I guess I have to go back and think of our recent wins against the top sides to draw some comfort for tonight. The stoppage clearances might well be the difference, particularly if its wet. Tim, Libba, Adz, Ed and Bont will be particularly important in this role, and I dread to think what might happen if the Hawks win the clearances.

When playing well we rate highly in intercepts, but the Hawks style makes them difficult to intercept, so Jones and Lobb might have their work cut out in that area.

I guess we can only carry on as best we can, and in Bevo we trust.

Throughandthrough
06-09-2024, 01:12 PM
Hello from sunny Melbourne. Flew in this morning. Having a couple of warm up beers.
We just saw Danny del re ?s fruit and veg delivery truck! It?s a sign

bornadog
06-09-2024, 01:32 PM
Sweet smashed Stanley last night with 51 hitouts (15 to advantage) vs 28 & 3. Obviously we aren't likely to completely pants Hawthorn like the Cats did to Port last night but the ruck battle isn't be all and end all. Certainly if Tim can largely nullify Meek in the contest it can't hurt though.

Have said it for a long time, hitouts aren't everything. Sweet is normally good with HTA, but 15 from 51 is poor. That means 36 HO were in dispute. Port won centre clearances but got smashed in stoppages.

The bulldog tragician
06-09-2024, 01:51 PM
I’m very nervous today. Why do memories of humiliations in 2008 and even 1985 dominate more than 2016? It feels like there is a lot at stake tonight in terms of our faith in this team.

ReLoad
06-09-2024, 01:52 PM
Hawks by 7 (leading most of the day for us to fall short at the end)
First Goal: Watson, who will tell any bulldog player nearby that hes better than Saunders
BOG: Richards, who will kick a few.

Axe Man
06-09-2024, 02:00 PM
Hawks by 7 (leading most of the day for us to fall short at the end)
First Goal: Watson, who will tell any bulldog player nearby that hes better than Saunders
BOG: Richards, who will kick a few.

I agree he is better than Nathan Saunders but I'm surprised Nick knows about his 1 season career that took place before he was born. ;)

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 02:03 PM
I agree he is better than Nathan Saunders but I'm surprised Nick knows about his 1 season career that took place before he was born. ;)
But not Darren Saunders

bornadog
06-09-2024, 02:04 PM
Out last night at London tavern in Richmond

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWwelNnXQAEhU-D?format=jpg&name=medium

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2024, 02:39 PM
Jack is dumb AF.

Pleather Sole
06-09-2024, 02:53 PM
Dogs by 32 (John Schultz's number)
First goal Ed Richards
BOG
Tie of Ed & Freijah

Mantis
06-09-2024, 03:09 PM
I?m very nervous today. Why do memories of humiliations in 2008 and even 1985 dominate more than 2016? It feels like there is a lot at stake tonight in terms of our faith in this team.

As there should be.

Reputations are forged on what you do in September, so yeah this is an extremely important moment for our team... I'm really confident they will put their best foot forward.

Ozza
06-09-2024, 03:12 PM
This will be unpopular, given the ingrained pessimism we all possess as Dogs supporters; but I have to be honest - I'm very very confident tonight.

I think we will win by 40+ and that the Hawks have no business being in a final against us.

Dogs by 51 points
Best on Ground: Darcy

mjp
06-09-2024, 03:16 PM
This will be unpopular, given the ingrained pessimism we all possess as Dogs supporters; but I have to be honest - I'm very very confident tonight.

I think we will win by 40+ and that the Hawks have no business being in a final against us.

Dogs by 51 points
Best on Ground: Darcy

Geez - I don't have those vibes at all...

All this chatter about having to go to Adelaide next week has nearly broken me - just feels like we have the cart before the horse right now. I think we SHOULD but...

Ozza
06-09-2024, 03:26 PM

All this chatter about having to go to Adelaide next week has nearly broken me - just feels like we have the cart before the horse right now. I think we SHOULD but...

We can only have our own vibes mate!!

Maybe it is me not wanting to consider the absolute disaster of again not winning a final (which surely leads to some serious footy dept review AGAIN).....but I look at our talent vs their talent - and think that it doesn't matter how well prepared and cohesive Hawthorn are, we should simply have too much for them in every area of the ground.

I believe in our talent a great deal. I'm dirty that we are again not top 4. And I think we should be handling Hawthorn by a good distance.

mjp
06-09-2024, 03:31 PM
I believe in our talent a great deal. I'm dirty that we are again not top 4. And I think we should be handling Hawthorn by a good distance.

:-)

Out of the two of us, I'm praying you are correct.

I think we are the better team - just feeling that for Hawthorn they have that "Nothing to Lose" vibe and will play with freedom. Us? Not so certain.

bornadog
06-09-2024, 03:34 PM
some drizzle already happening

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 03:36 PM
some drizzle already happening

Radar currently looking like the major rainband will miss Melbourne. Looks like it is to the south of us.

Radar link: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml

hujsh
06-09-2024, 03:36 PM

Well as the person who probably, maybe started on that, it's less about confidence and more about, 'well that sucks if we happen to win.' The impact on who we might play next week is more interesting than either Geelong or Port's fortunes TBH.

HOSE B ROMERO
06-09-2024, 03:41 PM
Do it for Gentleman John Schultz dogs.

Dogs by 14 (John's number in the losing grand final to the brown and gold)

First Goal: Cody

BOG

HOSE B ROMERO
06-09-2024, 03:43 PM
Fingers crossed. But i wouldn't be surprised if it redevelops later on.

Funke disco
06-09-2024, 03:53 PM
I want to sa on the WOOF record that I am not afraid of the rain. If it rains we will benefit due to the Territory game which we are better than them at. It will also hurt their ball movement and speed coming out of defence

The Adelaide Connection
06-09-2024, 04:01 PM
Hello from sunny Melbourne. Flew in this morning. Having a couple of warm up beers.
We just saw Danny del re ?s fruit and veg delivery truck! It?s a sign

You want a sign-

I was walking my dogs on Monday night and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I must have pocket activated Twitter and it was on a post that asked ?Who will be premiers? with an image of the finals system.

As I looked back up from my phone I saw the word ?Premiers? on a sticker on the side of a car (amongst a bunch of other membership stickers). It was dark but I could see they were bulldog coloured stickers and my mind straight away went ?Centrals?- who had a period of premiership dominance for about 10 years in the early 2000?s.

Except it wasn?t. This was Western Bulldogs stuff. In my suburb. In Adelaide.

I walk past this house almost nightly with my dogs on our evening walk and I have never actually seen a car in the driveway (they are obviously usually garaged).

The odds of a car being there, with Western Bulldogs premier stickers, which I immediately see when I look up from my phone, that has randomly activated onto a post asking about the AFL premiers in my pocket?

Not sure. But I thought it was pretty freaking wild.

Soooo? the matrix has clearly spoken. Get ready to enjoy the ride!

Mantis
06-09-2024, 04:05 PM
:-)

Out of the two of us, I'm praying you are correct.

I think we are the better team - just feeling that for Hawthorn they have that "Nothing to Lose" vibe and will play with freedom. Us? Not so certain.

It's ok to feel like you have nothing to lose, until you have 90,000 sets of eyes on you, and it becomes pretty clear there's a lot to lose.

I'm backing in that we roll up our sleeves and get to work tonight, just like we did against the Giants last time we played. We bring that level of effort, and we are the best team in the comp... so the theme should be, let's do the work and the result will take care of itself.

bornadog
06-09-2024, 04:06 PM
My daughter walking around at lunchtime in the City texted me to say "So many Bulldogs Scarves"

The bulldog tragician
06-09-2024, 04:06 PM
You want a sign-

I was walking my dogs on Monday night and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I must have pocket activated Twitter and it was on a post that asked ?Who will be premiers? with an image of the finals system.

As I looked back up from my phone I saw the word ?Premiers? on a sticker on the side of a car (amongst a bunch of other membership stickers). It was dark but I could see they were bulldog coloured stickers and my mind straight away went ?Centrals?- who had a period of premiership dominance for about 10 years in the early 2000?s.

Except it wasn?t. This was Western Bulldogs stuff. In my suburb. In Adelaide.

I walk past this house almost nightly with my dogs on our evening walk and I have never actually seen a car in the driveway (they are obviously usually garaged).

The odds of a car being there, with Western Bulldogs premier stickers, which I immediately see when I look up from my phone, that has randomly activated onto a post asking about the AFL premiers in my pocket?

Not sure. But I thought it was pretty freaking wild.

Soooo? the matrix has clearly spoken. Get ready to enjoy the ride!

My doubts have now floated away :):):)

bornadog
06-09-2024, 04:09 PM
I?m very nervous today. Why do memories of humiliations in 2008 and even 1985 dominate more than 2016? It feels like there is a lot at stake tonight in terms of our faith in this team.

Watch this to brighten your afternoon. We actually have a better team than the 2016 team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKv5tyap6Y

The Adelaide Connection
06-09-2024, 04:58 PM
My daughter walking around at lunchtime in the City texted me to say "So many Bulldogs Scarves"

I?ve been out and about all day and I have definitely seen mostly r,w,b. Have been stopped everywhere I go for a chat and had lots of ?Go dogs? shouted my way.

It is a infuriating that they screwed the tickets up and it is likely to be more Hawks there tonight.

azabob
06-09-2024, 05:02 PM
Radar currently looking like the major rainband will miss Melbourne. Looks like it is to the south of us.

Radar link: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml

kudos to anyone who can make sense of the BOM radar.

SonofScray
06-09-2024, 05:03 PM
About to knock off at work and catch the train from West Footscray to Flinders.

Cheeky pint at Fed Sq with a few other Faithful and then the walk to the G for Finals footy. Its what we sit through the regular season in hope of, and while the footy has been a really sore point for me the past few seasons, I am excited and grateful we are there and can reasonably expect us to give it a good shake.

Come on Dogs!

COME OUT SNARLING.

The bulldog tragician
06-09-2024, 05:11 PM
Watch this to brighten your afternoon. We actually have a better team than the 2016 team

Goosebumps.

kruder
06-09-2024, 05:23 PM
We smashed the cats in the wet, our mids are so industrious and our talls can still be a weapon in the wet. I'm never confident as a bulldogs supporter going into a big MCG game and rightly so but I think structurally this is the best bulldogs side we have put on the park. Our boys have gained a lot of confidence over the last 6 weeks, the belief is there, coaching group is in form, the numbers stack up and I'm expecting us to win well.

Enjoy woofers we have had so many interstate finals in recent history, there is nothing like 80k plus at the G.

Eastdog
06-09-2024, 06:17 PM

Just a memorable night. I was sitting Level 1 Olympic stand. A lot of arrogant Hawks supporters that night and we silenced them getting a great win.

Jeanette54
06-09-2024, 06:55 PM
Just a memorable night. I was sitting Level 1 Olympic stand. A lot of arrogant Hawks supporters that night and we silenced them getting a great win.

We need to get in early and quieten the Hawks players tonight too. A good first quarter will do much to curb their enthusiasm for the contest.

jazzadogs
06-09-2024, 07:03 PM
I?ve been out and about all day and I have definitely seen mostly r,w,b. Have been stopped everywhere I go for a chat and had lots of ?Go dogs? shouted my way.

It is a infuriating that they screwed the tickets up and it is likely to be more Hawks there tonight.

I can tell you in Richmond right now it's about 5:1 Hawks to dogs. If not more. As expected, we will be outnumbered but hopefully we have reason to be louder!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 08:00 PM
We got this. Let's roast some bird...

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 08:09 PM

Exactly?normally in these types of games (when we are favourites and should win), I get that gut feel that we won?t. I think it?s a simple equation the more I think about it..if our 3 tall fwds can mark and kick straight we should win a close one. If they can?t I think hawks will run us ragged and have a lead at all times 4-5 goal win.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Macrae sub.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 08:16 PM
Macrae sub.
Good. Can’t have him and Daniel against their pace.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 08:16 PM
Macrae sub.

Didn’t see that coming. Not sure I like it but anyway nothing we can do. Let’s go boys

Mofra
06-09-2024, 08:24 PM
Bont's last address before running onto the ground - loved how invested Freijah looked. 100% taking in every word

Raels_d
06-09-2024, 08:45 PM
Your updates today will be very much appreciated. I?m in Sri Lanka and swapping btw AFL app and this forum. Go Dogs

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 09:00 PM
how was that not HTB to Bramble there?

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 09:06 PM
how was that not HTB to Bramble there?

Sick of not getting obvious HTB.

GVGjr
06-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Good to be hitting the scoreboard. Lets get another one.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 09:17 PM
Needs these set shots to go thru. Doing it atm. Gotta stop scrimshaw and Sicily taking these defensive marks. We have to bring ball to ground and hold it in.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 09:17 PM
Good 1st quarter. They threw everything at us and we were able to nullify, steady and take the lead. Some strange frees against us early.

Hawks are a good pressure team but when we get the game on our terms we look much better

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 09:18 PM
I think we showed some real steel to regain the initiative before they got away. They were one goal away from starting to really tap into a hot vein of finals momentum...
Really good signs that we've still got a few players to really make their impact felt on the game and yet we've got some reward on the scoreboard.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 09:19 PM
A lot of our role players are having a good impact it looks to me. VDM, Bramble, McNeil have all been involved in team critical team first play all over the ground.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 09:27 PM
O'Donnell needs a do over on that one.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 09:32 PM
Quiet in here. Hope you WOOFers are having a good night at the G.

GVGjr
06-09-2024, 09:36 PM
Quiet in here. Hope you WOOFers are having a good night at the G.
Seems that we have a lot of us at the ground tonight

GVGjr
06-09-2024, 09:37 PM
Harmes needs to be smarter than that

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 09:37 PM
Jesus Harmes is ordinary tonight.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 09:39 PM
Harmes needs to be smarter than that

Looking like a bad call on his selection. Fingers crossed he can pick it up

chef
06-09-2024, 09:44 PM
Being outplayed completely. We've just stopped.

Mantis
06-09-2024, 09:44 PM
Why play 3 tall forwards if we?re having one on the bench at all times?

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 09:45 PM
It's hard listening to these guys barracking for these arseholes. Expected but doesn't make it easier.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 09:47 PM
Sub Jamarra please

chef
06-09-2024, 09:47 PM
Shithouse from Jamarra.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 09:48 PM
Jesus Marra.

Mantis
06-09-2024, 09:48 PM
That?s disgusting by Marra.. hasn?t touched it all night and then misses that.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 09:49 PM
Our tall fwds having their usual finals input

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 09:49 PM
Any chance someone plays on Sicili?

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 09:50 PM
And the red time goal is coming.

chef
Shitting the bed.

The Bulldogs Bite
Pathetic.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
man you could see that mark coming a mile and 40 seconds away...

bulldogtragic
Better respond after this pathetic 30 minutes.

Boots
06-09-2024, 09:51 PM
We are not looking convincing at all. They’re really all over us.

DOG GOD
Sicily would out mark anyone we played on him

I said to my hawks work colleague that hawks wouid only need 10 goals to win. Looks about right

comrade
Woeful qtr. Jamarra and Naughton earning the big dollars tonight

JanLorMill
Sub Gallagher. Like a witches hat

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 09:52 PM
Deplorable. Deer in headlights stuff right now

The Bulldogs Bite
Bont has been awful. Absolutely awful.

Sadly he's had about 18 partners.

McNeil, Daniel and Darcy our only contributors. So poor.

Mantis
That was pathetic? our forwards are getting destroyed and then our pressure to create a turnover is poor.

We need to extract the digit.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Woeful qtr. Jamarra and Naughton earning the big dollars tonight
Are you surprised comrade? I’m not

The Underdog
06-09-2024, 09:54 PM
Bont has been awful. Absolutely awful.

Sadly he's had about 18 partners.

McNeil, Daniel and Darcy our only contributors. So poor.

Lobb has been good. Towelling up Chol.

whythelongface
Hawthorn way on top. Certainly didn’t see that coming. They are good and we have no answers. Need a big turnaround 3rd quarter

DOG GOD
Got a feeling this is going to get pretty ugly. I could see us losing by 40+
We are fumbling as usual. Getting outmarked in our fwd 50. Can’t stop their run thru the guts. No answer to Sicily as usual. Ball coming out of our fwd line too easily. I could go on and on. Too many VFL players out there

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 09:55 PM
We can?t play any worse. Totally outplayed. Getting beaten in almost every facet of the game and if Marra kicked the under 10 conversion we would have been in front.

Out leaders in the middle are getting destroyed. Need to find something this quarter.

Grantysghost
Need to defend sicily.

Need a plan in second half.

That was a poor qtr but hopefully we can't play that bad again.

They really starved us of the ball.

Still confident.

bulldogsthru&thru
These guys just aren't built for finals it would seem.

comrade
The silver lining is that we haven?t played anywhere near our best and we are within a few goals, and have kicked 2 posters and missed within 20m. Time to turn it around.

Grantysghost
Got a feeling this is going to get pretty ugly. I could see us losing by 40+

Or we could win by 40!!

macca
06-09-2024, 09:56 PM
At the game

Hawks dominated that 2nd quarter.
JUH kick for goal was pathetic.

The team needs to be reminded its an elimination final , get first posession and go beast mode.

How the hell is covering Sicily. He killed us that quarter. If its Harmes , he is usesless.

G-Mo77
Not a good quarter. I thought we were really good in the 1st and should have had a bigger lead. The 2nd though? Lots of work to do.

The Bulldogs Bite
3 tall forwards, 1 always on the bench, Scilly marking everything.

Dumb coaching.

josie
Thank goodness for siren.

Bevo has to have some stern yet supportive words & make some changes too. Flea on ball? Why not kick it low into F50 instead of bombing it? Have our forwards lead closer to 50m arc rather than crowd goal face. Naughts to play further up ground to take some marks down the line.

That Marra miss-sheesh that took air out of tyres.

Most worrying sign is losing the clearances now.

C’mon dogs, dig deep.

The Underdog
06-09-2024, 09:57 PM
We need to start switching and trying to bring the ball back through the middle. Risky but Frost and Sicily are cleaning up anything down the line.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 09:57 PM
Or we could win by 40!!
No chance

macca
06-09-2024, 09:58 PM
The team are getting beaten by Youngrr and hungrier players.

Stop ball watching and start hunting the ball.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 09:58 PM
The silver lining is that we haven?t played anywhere near our best and we are within a few goals, and have kicked 2 posters and missed within 20m. Time to turn it around.

Good way of looking at it. I thought Darcy had enough on that mark attempt which led to a Daniel poster.

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 09:59 PM
Our AA mids.

Treloar 9 touches
Bont 6 touches

We need them to lift

westbulldog
06-09-2024, 10:00 PM
A question for our coaches ..... when did you decide to give Sicily a bruise and opponent free game ?

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:00 PM
The team are getting beaten by Youngrr and hungrier players.

Stop ball watching and start hunting the ball.
They are playing with a care free attitude. They are neat and tidy. We are fumbling as usual, under pressure thsts not even there.

Happy Days
06-09-2024, 10:01 PM
We aren’t a real club I don’t think. We’re just a fever dream I’ve been having my whole life because I hate myself.

ledge
06-09-2024, 10:02 PM
Hawthorn have played this game all year they get so free when they go forward surely some coach should have figured a way to stop it by now

merantau
06-09-2024, 10:02 PM
Time to get serious. Our big guns are NOT firing. That second quarter was as beige as you could get. Come on Dogs. GET REAL!

Grantysghost
06-09-2024, 10:03 PM
No chance

Hawks faded against the Giants you never know DG!

Bont will lift us

The Underdog
06-09-2024, 10:03 PM
Lucky we’ve got the speed of Jack Macrae to bring off the bench.

The Underdog
06-09-2024, 10:04 PM

Bont will lift us

We do run games out well.

jDogs
06-09-2024, 10:05 PM
H
Bont will lift us

He needs to step up big time because he has been a shadow of his great self.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2024, 10:06 PM
Looking at the stats, this is actually a one sided game. We're in real trouble now

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 10:07 PM
A question for our coaches ..... when did you decide to give Sicily a bruise and opponent free game ?

Bevo clearly spoke about this pre game on air. This is 1000% on our playing group for allowing this.

We're going to learn a lot about how this group has or hasn't grown over the next half of football.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:07 PM
Hawks are 1 goal from breaking this wide open. If they get that sniff then their confidence will skyrocket…then look out.

comrade
06-09-2024, 10:09 PM
Treloar can?t get out of a jog. We went into this a man down.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:10 PM

Bont will lift us

It won’t matter when they lead by 30 points at 3 qtr time haha .

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 10:11 PM
Looking at the stats, this is actually a one sided game. We're in real trouble now

Going on stats 196 v 152 disposals in favour of the Hwawks. They have the top 5 possession getters so they are definitely getting their hands on the ball first. Need to stop this.

comrade
If Harmes was brought into to stifle Sicily, he?s done a very poor job. I don?t know what the hell his role is.

whythelongface
Treloar can?t get out of a jog. We went into this a man down.

Probably be subbed out.

GVGjr
06-09-2024, 10:12 PM
How important is it for us to hit the scoreboard early this quarter?

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:14 PM
Well this is a good start ..not
Should’ve been 3 goals

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 10:15 PM
Done.

ledge
06-09-2024, 10:16 PM
This is going to blow out

chef
06-09-2024, 10:17 PM
Stick a fork in us

comrade
We are one goal from oblivion here. Absolutely under the pump.

bulldogtragic
Going to be a big blow out if we can’t fix this bullshit.

ledge
06-09-2024, 10:18 PM
This is rubbish

bulldogtragic
60+ points.

DOG GOD
Game over…we are shot

Mantis
Our defensive running is woeful.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:19 PM
60+ points.

Glad I’m not the only one mate

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:21 PM
Get Lobb fwd and Naughton back
At least Lobb can mark it

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:25 PM
Making dear look like Wayne Carey as usual

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
And now the umpires are just on board for the ride. That was out of bounds

bulldogtragic
The question is how much scar tissue this belting is going to leave on us.

Grantysghost
Newcombe is ripping us a new one.

whythelongface
How was that a mark. Joke

hujsh
06-09-2024, 10:26 PM
fmd.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:27 PM
The question is how much scar tissue this belting is going to leave on us.
Just another layer from 2021

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Some dogshit pressure from us now. Not happy with some players tonight.
Hope we look to make some calls

whythelongface
They are just too quick. We have nothing

DOG GOD
Newcombe is ripping us a new one.
Always does..coz we don’t tag

ledge
06-09-2024, 10:28 PM
This is embarrassing now . We don’t turn up in a final. Port v Geelong all over this.

chef
Gutless performance. Bunch of posers.

DOG GOD
They are just too quick. We have nothing
Was always the concern and the reason I didn’t wanna play them.

JanLorMill
Sharpen the knives

ledge
Bring Macrae on do something

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 10:35 PM
Just disappointing. Our road into the 8 was full of some very good scalps but have rolled over and let them do what they want.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 10:35 PM
IS there just no incorrect disposal for the Hawks now, at all?

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 10:36 PM
Umpiring been horrible. Honestly just a joke.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 10:37 PM
We're getting creamed by the umps. One of the problems with a game with subjective rule interpretations...it brings in the human emotion....and clearly the umps are getting seduced..
It's not why we're losing, but it's sh1t.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 10:38 PM
We're getting creamed by the umps. One of the problems with a game with subjective rule interpretations...it brings in the human emotion....and clearly the umps are getting seduced..
It's not why we're losing, but it's sh1t.

And I mean we're at fault here as players.. if we had the ascendency, all of these calls would probably go more our way.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 10:39 PM
Umpiring been horrible. Honestly just a joke.

Absolute disgrace. Ping Libba for a throw but not impey

G-Mo77
Why Naughton in the ruck?

bulldogtragic
**** these cheating cubts.

westbulldog
Trade Weightman to North Melbourne for an early pick and take Harmes with him. I'm usually no fan of McNeil but at least he is having a go.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 10:40 PM
SEe that shit right there. Ump calls Insufficient on ODonnell but 5 minutes earlier doesn't for Chol.

Happy Days
06-09-2024, 10:41 PM
**** these guys man

bulldogtragic
Awesome spike Aaron.

bulldogtragic
Another last minute goal. Awesome.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2024, 10:42 PM
Great volleyballers.

****ing spineless.

ledge
06-09-2024, 10:42 PM
This is what we dish up for a club legend

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 10:43 PM
Back to the drawing board. Need some speed

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 10:43 PM
Is English injured? Is Darcy injured? This stupidity with rucks does my head in.

Happy Days
06-09-2024, 10:44 PM
Everything we say about Port and Essendon is equally true of us. Every year these ****ing goons trick me into thinking this is worth my time. Can’t wait to waste another 23 weekends next year too.

bulldogtragic
Back to the drawing board. Need some speed

We have VDM.

angelopetraglia
23 inside 50s!!!! We can?t move the ball.

They are playing the MCG brilliantly. Using every width of blade of grass.

We get the ball and try and run in lines through them. They find spares wide and cut us to ribbons.

bulldogsthru&thru
And I mean we're at fault here as players.. if we had the ascendency, all of these calls would probably go more our way.

Not really. The one way calls started right from the opening minute.

But it's not why we're losing of course. This has been as shocking as 4th quarter 2021 gf and 2nd half 2022. This lot just seem to choke.

whythelongface
Hawks have been bloody good. Not sure we can do much. Definitely need some speed in the middle. We haven’t fired a shot except for the first quarter

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 10:45 PM
It still shits me we have to play a home final on their home deck. Whwre we've played 2 times.

Yeah we suck. But still. The comp is a joke.

comrade
06-09-2024, 10:45 PM
So this is Hok Ball? I hate it.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Hawks have been bloody good. Not sure we can do much. Definitely need some speed in the middle. We haven’t fired a shot except for the first quarter

We look gassed for some reason. Always outnumbered. Not presenting.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Our lauded mids have barely kept the pilot light going after half time.

G-Mo77

We're playing regular season footy. They're playing finals footy. We just don't have that hard edge about us.

Mofra
Libba & Bont have been woeful. Bont looks lame, so at least he has an excuse.

The whipping boys have carried us - McNeil has been fantastic, Bramble close to our only outlet out of defence.
Dale is at least trying to move the ball forward as well.
Freijah looks overawed, Gags unsighted (why sub VDM who was having a crack instead of Gags?)

Marra having a mare, Weightman struggles with a lockdown defender. Harmes poor, seems to have had a job on Sicily and Sicily winning that battle easily.
Sam Darcy is miles better than Timmy as a ruck, and to be honest I'd rather Naughton in the centre right now too.

Williams and Daniel doing ok but getting swarmed.
Jones has had a down night, JOD desperately unlucky a few times, Lobb brilliant most of the night.

Mantis
Their pressure has been relentless and we can?t get any territory? as bad as it gets.

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 10:47 PM
We can?t win the ball. They know how to play the ground. They have also got every 50/50 decision.

17 v 10 free kicks.

Nothing is going right. But it always starts in the middle for us. If we are beaten in the middle we have no plan B.

Mofra
06-09-2024, 10:47 PM
We're playing regular season footy. They're playing finals footy. We just don't have that hard edge about us.
This. 1000% this.
When Libba has a mare the side follows him.

Harmes has to go into the middle and crack some heads.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:49 PM
Nice to see Newcombe rack up his 30 disposals as I predicted. (And by 3 quarter time mind you)
This game is so predictable

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:51 PM
Still can?t believe hawks were $2.20 to win this. Should?ve been favourites at the MCG.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 10:53 PM
It says alot when the guy on 1 leg is our leading possession winner.

comrade
06-09-2024, 10:55 PM
Sam Mitchell is Bevo?s new Chris Scott.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2024, 10:57 PM
Comical.

DOG GOD
06-09-2024, 11:01 PM
Half our team have had under 10 touches for the game. Says alot.

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 11:03 PM
How is that too high to Sicily? How?

Grabs his jumper and he throws his head back. He has been staging all night.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 11:03 PM
O'Donnell has been a dear in the headlights down back. I just don't see it with him.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-09-2024, 11:05 PM
I'm going to bail on the dissection of this one... enjoy carving up this steaming pile of crap up for now Woofsters. I'll be back when the dust settles .

Mantis

Woeful decision

JanLorMill
McNeil fantastic? One of the only forward pockets in the league that doesn?t kick goals.

EasternWest
So five years for English was it? Cool, cool, cool.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 11:06 PM
Bramble has probably been our best along with Lobb

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 11:06 PM
Sam Mitchell is Bevo?s new Chris Scott.
Bevo is the new Hinkley

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 11:11 PM
So five years for English was it? Cool, cool, cool.

We got him cheap in the end. It is what it is.

dog town
06-09-2024, 11:12 PM
Bevo is the new Hinkley

We are nearly -30 contested ball. Absurd to put this on the coach with so many “stars” not firing a shot.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 11:13 PM
Bevo is the new Hinkley

Geez he has won a premiership and made a GF. Not even close

angelopetraglia
They have 9 of the top 11 disposal winners on the ground.

Mofra

Hand was over the shoulder before he grabbed his collar. Clear free. Libba has been terrible tonight

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 11:17 PM
Hand was over the shoulder before he grabbed his collar. Clear free. Libba has been terrible tonight

Maybe they're at the ground and didn't see the replay.

EasternWest
We got him cheap in the end. It is what it is.

Ok cool, he's not competitive and absolutely trounced on the big stage, but he's cheap, so that makes it ok.

Billy Gowers would probably come cheap we should sign him to bolster our forward stocks.

angelopetraglia
You can?t blame the forwards. They have had zero supply, the differential in inside 50s is embarrassing.

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 11:18 PM
Geez he has won a premiership and made a GF. Not even close
1 is great but never again

JanLorMill
06-09-2024, 11:20 PM
Jammara for Petracca if he was still on the table still.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 11:21 PM
Ok cool, he's not competitive and absolutely trounced on the big stage, but he's cheap, so that makes it ok.

Billy Gowers would probably come cheap we should sign him to bolster our forward stocks.

Not saying it is mate. My post history should tell you were I sit on it.

bulldogtragic

When you back the coach who won’t play a normal ruck (or have any orthodoxy) or tag players, and he won’t change, then you just have sign him and accept that blokes will get career best numbers when they play us. I mean until the coach goes, as he’s unwilling to adjust his attitude to rucks and tagging, then list management is just an extension of his crazy ideas.

whythelongface
1 is good but never again

But that is not your point. Your point is that Bevo is the new Hinkley. Spur of the moment stupid comment.

EasternWest
06-09-2024, 11:24 PM
Not saying it is mate. My post history should tell you were I sit on it.

Fair enough, if your take is the same as mine then I'm not sure why you seem satisfied that at least he came cheap.

I mean, it's only footy and the sun will come up tomorrow, it would just be shinier if Tim was a West Coast Eagles player.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 11:24 PM
You can?t blame the forwards. They have had zero supply, the differential in inside 50s is embarrassing.

This is true but the forwards also have not presented. The mids lost this one but our forwards weren't without fault.

Mofra
06-09-2024, 11:25 PM
When you back the coach who won’t play a normal ruck (or have any orthodoxy) or tag players, and he won’t change, then you just have sign him and accept that blokes will get career best numbers when they play us. I mean until the coach goes, as he’s unwilling to adjust his attitude to rucks and tagging, then list management is just an extension of his crazy ideas.
We tried tagging Sicily tonight, as we have done for the past 5 years.
Gags has got a few tagging roles this year.
The 'Bevo doesn't tag' myth needs to die.

As for English - we're not winning anything while he's first ruck

Mofra
06-09-2024, 11:26 PM
This is true but the forwards also have not presented. The mids lost this one but our forwards weren't without fault.
Darcy and Naughton fought it out and McNeill was good.

Marra dropped his head early and never recovered. Flea was well beaten, and Harmes just didn't get the job done.

whythelongface
06-09-2024, 11:27 PM

100%. Wonder if Marra was concerned about his shoulder. It nearly popped out.

G-Mo77
06-09-2024, 11:28 PM
Fair enough, if your take is the same as mine then I'm not sure why you seem satisfied that at least he came cheap.

I mean, it's only footy and the sun will come up tomorrow, it would just be shinier if Tim was a West Coast Eagles player.

I wouldn't say satisfied with it I've just accepted what happened. I was all for letting him go to West Coast but it doesn't seem like they were that much into him in the end.

Mantis
06-09-2024, 11:33 PM
The midfield stunk tonight.

Treloar was lame, Libba looked really old, Bont was poor and English his typical self against a strong opponent.

Combative rucks and quick midfields are our kryptonite.

dog town
06-09-2024, 11:35 PM

Treloar was lame, Libba looked really old, Bont was poor and English his typical self against a strong opponent.

I must admit I have been concerned about their mids all week, have a great record against us. Pretty much the worst team we could have played.

The Pie Man
06-09-2024, 11:37 PM
Libba & Bont have been woeful. Bont looks lame, so at least he has an excuse.

The whipping boys have carried us - McNeil has been fantastic, Bramble close to our only outlet out of defence.
Dale is at least trying to move the ball forward as well.
Freijah looks overawed, Gags unsighted (why sub VDM who was having a crack instead of Gags?)

Marra having a mare, Weightman struggles with a lockdown defender. Harmes poor, seems to have had a job on Sicily and Sicily winning that battle easily.
Sam Darcy is miles better than Timmy as a ruck, and to be honest I'd rather Naughton in the centre right now too.

Williams and Daniel doing ok but getting swarmed.
Jones has had a down night, JOD desperately unlucky a few times, Lobb brilliant most of the night.

Agree with almost all of this - except Freijah. He was decent, we’ve found one there.

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 11:39 PM

At one point they had almost double our inside 50m count. We could not move the ball at all for large stretches of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

They brought too much heat when we had the ball and they were exquisite with the ball, using the ground perfectly.

GVGjr
06-09-2024, 11:39 PM
The Hawks are doing some things other clubs don't. Smaller back line doesn't get exposed too often and they're addressing that.
Prepared to use players in negating/accountable roles where most clubs just back in their stars.

It will be fascinating to see how clubs handle them next year.

angelopetraglia
06-09-2024, 11:41 PM

Every game we have performed badly in this year our midfield have lowered their colours badly

We just got beaten up through the middle of the ground.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2024, 11:41 PM
At one point they had almost double our inside 50m count. We could not move the ball at all for large stretches of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

They brought too much heat when we had the ball and they were exquisite with the ball, using the ground perfectly.

Yeah it was coaching too. We were kicking down the wing to Naughts, Marra and Bont/Darcy most of the night. Hawks outnumbered us and of course when the ball hit the deck they mopped it up and away they went. Happened for too long. Our mids looked so slow it was actually embarrassing.