PDA

View Full Version : 2025 Starting Line-Up

Mat Lyons
27-10-2024, 01:12 PM
Getting in early with my Best Line-up. This will change and evolve with the new additions and form over pre-season, but let's get the ball rolling...

B: L. Bramble L. Jones J. Busslinger
HB: B. Dale R. Lobb J. Freijah
C: A. Treloar E. Richards R. Garcia
HF: R. West A. Naughton M. Kennedy
F: S. Darcy J. Ugle-Hagan C. Weightman
Foll: T. English, M. Bontempelli, T. Liberatore
Int: B. Williams J. Johannisen L. Vandermeer R. Sanders
Sub: A. Jones
Int: T. Duryea J. O'Donnell J. Harmes

ledge
27-10-2024, 01:59 PM
Not bad Mat , hard to pick any holes in that line up.

Hot_Doggies
27-10-2024, 03:53 PM
What did Williams do wrong to lose his spot on the wing?

Mat Lyons
27-10-2024, 04:55 PM
I'd like to see more pace and grunt on the wing and think Garcia brings that. It's not to say Williams won't also spend time there, but have started him on the bench for the purposes of my preferred starting 18. Williams will be part of the midfield rotation to allow both Treloar and Sanders go into the middle, so Williams will certainly have wing time.

mjp
27-10-2024, 05:10 PM
Not bad Mat , hard to pick any holes in that line up.

Treloar on the wing. Will we never learn?? He is an INSIDE MID.
Garcia on the wing. Hard spot to play when you can't kick.

JOD seems to play whenever he is fit so I think we need to construct a side with him in it.

Mat Lyons
27-10-2024, 05:20 PM
Treloar can play inside and out. He will do exactly that this year, with Richards and Sanders forcing themselves into the engine room.

Garcia needs to work on his kicking, agreed. If he gets that right, he can win his own ball, has dash, grunt and endurance. I like him on the wing.

mjp
27-10-2024, 05:22 PM
Treloar can play inside and out.

What evidence do you have of this?

1eyedog
27-10-2024, 05:47 PM
Getting in early with my Best Line-up. This will change and evolve with the new additions and form over pre-season, but let's get the ball rolling...

B: L. Bramble L. Jones J. Busslinger
HB: B. Dale R. Lobb J. Freijah
C: A. Treloar E. Richards R. Garcia
HF: R. West A. Naughton M. Kennedy
F: S. Darcy J. Ugle-Hagan C. Weightman
Foll: T. English, M. Bontempelli, T. Liberatore
Int: B. Williams J. Johannisen L. Vandermeer R. Sanders
Sub: A. Jones
Int: T. Duryea J. O'Donnell J. Harmes

Great effort.

My feeling is if we're bringing in Kennedy to be a hard bodied mid start him there.

Swap Truck for Garcia and Duryea will still be a walk up starter. Could chuck Garcia HF and put Libba on the bench to start.

jazzadogs
28-10-2024, 01:03 PM
Treloar on the wing. Will we never learn?? He is an INSIDE MID.
Garcia on the wing. Hard spot to play when you can't kick.

JOD seems to play whenever he is fit so I think we need to construct a side with him in it.

Agree that this has been the case, but I also think it's reasonable to hope that Busslinger puts together a strong pre season and beats him out for the third tall position.

Whichever way it goes out of JOD and Buss, I hope it's because they have performed strongly - not just that they're the better of two average options.