PDA

View Full Version : Great team game today, but

bulldogtragic
04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
'Hypothetically' say West, Higgins, Ray, Williams and Everitt are fit and in form for next week.

On the basis they are in the best 22, who would move to fit these guys in.

It's a bloody fantastic problem to have, but I'm curious not only WHO would be dropped, but WHY they are to make way? - These kind of problems to me highlight the strength of our list atm.

Very tough. Very tough, and thought provoking hopefully.

LostDoggy
04-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Out Wight, Callan, Tiller, Eagleton,Hill.

Mantis
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
'Hypothetically' say West, Higgins, Ray, Williams and Everitt are fit and in form for next week.

It's a bloody fantastic problem to have, but I'm curious not only WHO would be dropped, but WHY they are to make way? - These kind of problems to me highlight the strength of our list atm.

In reality teams never have ther 'best 22' available so it doesn't really matter, yes it provides food for thought, but that is about it.

1eyedog
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
It's a selection quandry that is resolved as the season rolls on, some lose form and are dropped, some demand selection from stella performances at Willi. It's getting to the stage where no one is a walk up starter (Everitt, Williams and Ray included). Although I would bring in Ray for Hill when we go to Perth.

ledge
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Did Willy play this weekend and if so how did they go and which players look good for selection?

Mantis
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Out Wight, Callan, Tiller, Eagleton,Hill.

One of our best today... You really don't know what your talking about.

bulldogtragic
04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Precisely, I wasn't aiming to break knowledge barriers rather stimulate conversation on the strengthes and weaknesses and members perceptions of same. As above.

Callan has been good and Hill has been good and scored a nomination for the RS. But the flip side is Higgins and Ray are also quality.

Dont over think this thread...

LostDoggy
04-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Can't drop anyone really at the moment.
If West was fit he'd maybe replace Hill on his effort over the past 3 weeks but its not like he is costing us.

I like Tiller in the side as he can play tall back or forward. ATM if Lake or Wight go down during the game, the matchups might get tough.

Welsh has had a lean period but he is likely to kick a few soon.

LostDoggy
04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
One of our best today... You really don't know what your talking about.

He wont be dropped next week. But he will be eventually. Him or Addison

Mantis
04-05-2008, 11:46 PM
He wont be dropped next week. But he will be eventually. Him or Addison

Why??

Both of these guys are one the reasons why we are a better team this year. To call for there heads is a move back to the 'dark' times.

wb_age
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
ATM, the only players I would consider dropping in exchange for those players would be:

Eagleton - Isn't accountable, second efforts appear to be non existant. Trusty left foot has gone walk abouts since his return from injury. That being said, when on song he is a valuable contributer to our side.

Hargrave - Not having the best of seasons, but can be versatile kicking the occasional goal swinging forward.

Hill - Young player, brilliant first few games but has definitely slowed down since and has seemed a touch soft. Perhaps the week off is just what he needs, but if he can't re-capture his early season form I can't see why he wouldn't get dropped for one of those guys(in good form obviously)

Tiller - Had a good game today but if either of those guys were available and in good form i believe a straight swap would take place.

I think the rest of the players have earned there spot, and something drastic would have to take place for those guys to lose their place.

BulldogBelle
05-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Did Willy play this weekend and if so how did they go and which players look good for selection?

Pretty sure they had a bye. Williams and Everitt haven't played much yet have they? One or two games I think. Skip, Ward and Street did well last week apparently

1eyedog
05-05-2008, 01:06 AM
ATM, the only players I would consider dropping in exchange for those players would be:

Hargrave - Not having the best of seasons, but can be versatile kicking the occasional goal swinging forward.

IMO would be one of the first picked

The Coon Dog
05-05-2008, 01:10 AM
IMO would be one of the first picked

Funny how some people seem to have Shaggy in the gun. He was terrific last week against WCE & I didn't think he was anywhere near our worst today. Just gotta keep his hands from finding their way into opponents backs or over their arms.

Desipura
05-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Darcy asked Eade about when Williams, Everitt and Ray will be back. Rocket mentioned that Everitt is still 3-4 weeks away as he is lacking fitness. Rocket also said that Williams is the one he is keen to bring back sooner. Rocket tried to disguise how excited he is about Williams however it was blatantly obvious that he rates him as a potential topliner. Darcy was quoted as saying "he will be a gun, 10 year player".

Go_Dogs
05-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Great problem to have, and all it means is that everyone is going to have to put in at every game, training session, team meeting, everything.

Some are going to be unlucky, but that's life. Keep working hard and playing well, you'll stay in the side.

1eyedog
05-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Darcy asked Eade about when Williams, Everitt and Ray will be back. Rocket mentioned that Everitt is still 3-4 weeks away as he is lacking fitness. Rocket also said that Williams is the one he is keen to bring back sooner. Rocket tried to disguise how excited he is about Williams however it was blatantly obvious that he rates him as a potential topliner. Darcy was quoted as saying "he will be a gun, 10 year player".

Did Rocket allude to how long Williams is from playing?

Desipura
05-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Did Rocket allude to how long Williams is from playing?
He wants him in before Everitt who is 3-4 weeks away and Ray. I would be guessing another 2 games at Willi and he would be in line against Nth.

DOG GOD
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
i'm sure rocket would want williams in against hawthorn (buddy) as that match up will be a nightmare for us.

1eyedog
05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
He wants him in before Everitt who is 3-4 weeks away and Ray. I would be guessing another 2 games at Willi and he would be in line against Nth.

It would be great to see him and Ray in the team for our next home game after squashing the Swans and the Dockers, should be a good homecoming with hopefully a good crowd. Who goes though? Ray for Hill? Wight for Williams? Don't really see the justice in dropping Wight and what if Hill has a blinder against Freo? Difficult but not bad decisions the club needs to make. I would not drop Addison or Callan, just can't at the moment as they lead the way with Mitch Hahn in aggression and attack on the ball.

LostDoggy
05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I think having depth is great.!!

If we think back to 06 & 07 when we had a few go down with injury, some of the guys that got an opportunity have experienced senior footy, and have added to the depth.

There would be a few clubs around that would like the depth that we have. (st Kilda, WC )

On another note, I LOVE seeing us win the hard, in close stuff, havent heard the term 'downhill skiers' this season..... : )

Topdog
05-05-2008, 10:43 AM
The only player that would come back instantly would be West and to be dropped may be Hill or Tiller.

Tiller provides us with something we don't have an abundance of...Someone that can go forward and back without leaving us vulnerable.

Ray needs to work on his fitness still and the most obvious out would be Eagleton, kind of a like for like but not exactly.

Can't see Callan or Addison being dropped to be honest and Everitt will have to work very very hard to get back in the side.

ledge
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Eagleton made some very basic mistakes yesterday, ones that really can hurt you and he didnt have a lot of pressure on him either.
Im sure he knows and Eade will point it out in the summary, if it continues no doubt he will get dropped.
I do remember one game this year, he was the one who shot out a few handballs to win us a game though.
I agree he is probably the player most under scrutiny at the moment.

always right
05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Funny how some people seem to have Shaggy in the gun. He was terrific last week against WCE & I didn't think he was anywhere near our worst today. Just gotta keep his hands from finding their way into opponents backs or over their arms.

I think it's actually a good thing. Shaggy has been a great servant of the club, being asked each week to punch above his weight. If he is under the gun it is only because we might have someone better to bring in. Nice position to be in where we don't HAVE to play Shaggy as we have in the past.

Dogs Dinna
05-05-2008, 12:24 PM
It shouldn't just be a matter of game-time until Williams, Ray, Everitt etc come into the side. They need to string together positive performances at WT before being considered for promotion. Ray has probably done enough and with another good effort is likely to be in the team to play Fremantle.
Someone like Cam Wight would be stiff to get dropped just because Tom Williams has played 2-3 games in the 2's. Fair enough if Cam's form really drops off and William's starts finding the footy, and the required level of fitness.
We are winning now because most of the team is contributing - it would be a shame to ruin that chemistry on the basis of reputation & supposed potential.
Everyone needs to earn their spot!

bornadog
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Williams and Everitt are still to prove they are at this stage in their career part of our best 22. They are both inexperiened with lots of potential.

The Coon Dog
05-05-2008, 02:28 PM
It shouldn't just be a matter of game-time until Williams, Ray, Everitt etc come into the side. They need to string together positive performances at WT before being considered for promotion. Ray has probably done enough and with another good effort is likely to be in the team to play Fremantle.
Someone like Cam Wight would be stiff to get dropped just because Tom Williams has played 2-3 games in the 2's. Fair enough if Cam's form really drops off and William's starts finding the footy, and the required level of fitness.
We are winning now because most of the team is contributing - it would be a shame to ruin that chemistry on the basis of reputation & supposed potential.
Everyone needs to earn their spot!
Well said DD, great first up post & welcome to WOOF!!