PDA

View Full Version : Thank YOU Adam Cooney

Go_Dogs
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I stated last year that it was time for Adam and Ryan Griffen to really step up and help pull the side over the line when it mattered.

Adam can now do that.

His performance yesterday was one of the best I have seen from a young Bulldogs player, ever. He won crucial clearance after crucial clearance, finished exceptionally well, won contested ball after contested ball, tackled hard and did all the things that champions do - all when it counted, in a tight contest.

He's played some rippers before - his game at the MCG against the Crows probably looks better on the stats sheet, but yesterday he practically singlehandedly willed us to victory, he was the difference and without him, we wouldn't have come close.

Thank you Adam, for stepping up to the plate and dragging your teammates over the line. Inspirational stuff, and no doubt another 3 Brownlow votes. Keep working like you are, and by seasons end, you'll be in the competitions top 10 players.

Sockeye Salmon
05-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I stated last year that it was time for Adam and Ryan Griffen to really step up and help pull the side over the line when it mattered.

Adam can now do that.

His performance yesterday was one of the best I have seen from a young Bulldogs player, ever. He won crucial clearance after crucial clearance, finished exceptionally well, won contested ball after contested ball, tackled hard and did all the things that champions do - all when it counted, in a tight contest.

He's played some rippers before - his game at the MCG against the Crows probably looks better on the stats sheet, but yesterday he practically singlehandedly willed us to victory, he was the difference and without him, we wouldn't have come close.

Thank you Adam, for stepping up to the plate and dragging your teammates over the line. Inspirational stuff, and no doubt another 3 Brownlow votes. Keep working like you are, and by seasons end, you'll be the competitions top player.

Edited for accuracy

aker39
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll thank him at the end of the year when he wins the Brownlow and I collect my $1,000.

DOG GOD
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I'll thank him at the end of the year when he wins the Brownlow and I collect my $1,000.

:) yeah great game from cooney....i would say he's a real chance aker as long as we keep winning games. Nothing would please me more than seeing the coon dog with a brownlow medal round his neck.

Hopefully griff can take another huge step next year, while adam becomes one of the ELITE in the AFL.

Dogs Dinna
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
It's a real learning year for Griffen. He started well but has recently been given pretty close tags which has really curbed his influence. It's interesting to note the amount of time Rocket has him on the ground. He has only been spending up to 75% on the park in recent matches. Whether that's to try and break the tag or whether it's just building his engine up, but by later this year, or next year he will be one of the AFL's prime mid-fielders.
Injury can change the landscape but if the Gods are with us we are going to have a very lethal engine room in the next few seasons!

Scorlibo
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM

And I collect my $5,000 :)

Rach
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
He was excellent yesterday. Love him. I hope he spends the rest of his career with the Dogs rather then go back to SA

The Coon Dog
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
He was excellent yesterday. Love him. I hope he spends the rest of his career with the Dogs rather then go back to SA

Cooney's desire to be a dog for life... (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2400)

Bulldog Revolution
05-05-2008, 07:46 PM

We really have to move past this type of thinking, he doesn't want to go anywhere and why would he?

Bumper Bulldogs
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
The Coondog is awesome and with a full pre-season at 22 it is frightening to imagine him at 26.

What are the thoughts on Griff after the year from hell last year, I'm sure next year they both will be training to become better than the other.

It looks a very bright future 5-6 years.

Have you been to SA they have nothing on us and Coon would miss his mates around here.

LostDoggy
05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
The Coondog is awesome and with a full pre-season at 22 it is frightening to imagine him at 26.

No guarantee Cooney will be better at 26, could be worse.
Look at Judd at 24 now compared to him of 2/3 years back.

Dancin' Douggy
06-05-2008, 12:52 AM
No guarantee Cooney will be better at 26, could be worse.
Look at Judd at 24 now compared to him of 2/3 years back.

Come on Ernie. Live a little.:confused:

immortalmike
06-05-2008, 01:51 AM
:) yeah great game from cooney....i would say he's a real chance aker as long as we keep winning games. Nothing would please me more than seeing the coon dog with a brownlow medal round his neck.

Hopefully griff can take another huge step next year, while adam becomes one of the ELITE in the AFL.

I would rather see a Norm Smith and Premiership medallion around his neck.
But a Brownlow will do ... for now.;)

GVGjr
06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
It was reported on SEN this morning that Cooney has pulled out of the this weekends game and that he needed pain killers to get through the game against the Swans.

Go_Dogs
06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
It was reported on SEN this morning that Cooney has pulled out of the this weekends game and that he needed pain killers to get through the game against the Swans.

Did they elaborate on what sort of injury? He didn't look to be laboring.

Does this now mean, that if he misses this week due to injury we cannot select him for the game against Freo?

Rach
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Cooney's desire to be a dog for life... (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2400)
I haven't read that article until now. Glad to hear that :)

GVGjr
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Did they elaborate on what sort of injury? He didn't look to be laboring.

Does this now mean, that if he misses this week due to injury we cannot select him for the game against Freo?

I think they mentioned a back injury but they glossed over the details. Some of the other shows on SEN also mentioned that he was in doubt for this weekends game.

Mantis
06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I think they mentioned a back injury but they glossed over the details. Some of the other shows on SEN also mentioned that he was in doubt for this weekends game.

Eade was just on Channel 10 news, said that Cooney has been carrying an ankle injury for which he has been receiving injections before the last 3 games.

Sockeye Salmon
06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Good injections then. Wouldn't mind a shot of whatever he's been getting.

Bumper Bulldogs
06-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Here i was thinking things couldn't get better than they are right now.

Well in a couple of weeks if adam recovers from this ankle who will be able to stop the coondog!

Bring it on Freo will have no hope even after the poor press they will get the next two weeks.

MrMahatma
07-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Good news IMO. Means he can't do his knee playing a trivial game. Let the others go and bash each other up.

The Underdog
07-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone see that Mike Sheahan said in Monday's Hun that taking Cooney at no 1 in the 2003 draft had proved to be the right choice. We can all relax now, the master has confirmed it, it's going to be ok...

Go_Dogs
07-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Eade was just on Channel 10 news, said that Cooney has been carrying an ankle injury for which he has been receiving injections before the last 3 games.

Thanks for that. Doesn't seem to have been effecting his match day performance too much, but I'm sure he's feeling pretty crippled during the week after game day.

Hopefully a weeks lay off can help him get over it.

Any final word on his availability for the DT game?