PDA

View Full Version : Jason Akermanis on SEN Radio

KEN
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Jason Akermanis was on SEN Radio today.

Talking about Tom Williams how he is the next big thing at the club and Rocket has a lot of faith in this kid, Jason said he will be the next Matthew Richardson (Rich) he has so much upper body strengh and speed. Cam Wright is ok however he does not have the same upper body strengh. Tom - He would have to be the strongest at the club.
Rocket and Players and Coach Staff can"t wait to get him playing with no more injuries.

Lindsay Gilbee has the best kick at the club better than Robert Murphy he also said a few NFL football teams have called about his services and spoken to Lindsay.

Spoke about the Sydney game how much it met to the team and club and big boost of confidence have not won since 2002.

Tiller played well and Scott West may miss the Fremantle game.:D

1eyedog
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Talking about Tom Williams how he is the next big thing at the club and Rocket has a lot of faith in this kid, Jason said he will be the next Matthew Richardson (Rich) he has so much upper body strengh and speed. Cam Wright is ok however he does not have the same upper body strengh. Tom - He would have to be the strongest at the club.
Rocket and Players and Coach Staff can"t wait to get him playing with no more injuries.
D

Wow:eek: and I thought Mitch was strong, this kid must be a goer. Can't wait to see him get a good gallop

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2008, 12:46 AM

Lindsay Gilbee has the best kick at the club better than Robert Murphy he also said a few NFL football teams have called about his services and spoken to Lindsay.

Spoke about the Sydney game how much it met to the team and club and big boost of confidence have not won since 2002.

Williams has spent 4 years on the arm winch. He should be bigger than Hulk Hogan.

Twodogs
07-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Williams has spent 4 years on the arm winch. He should be bigger than Hulk Hogan.

He has the Hulskter covered in the guns department.

Topdog
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM

I'm confused. You are happy that West might miss another game?

ledge
07-05-2008, 10:05 AM

Ken might be Stephen Tillers dad or agent!

Go_Dogs
07-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Hopefully Tommy Gun can get his body right. It seems as though we'll win the Premiership if he's right this year. ;)

Desipura
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM

It must be remembered that Aker also said that Pask could be a gun:p

bornadog
07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
It must be remembered that Aker also said that Pask could be a gun

That was based on seeing more of his girlfriend:p

The Underdog
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
He has the Hulskter covered in the guns department.

As long as he comes back with a headband and a blond droppy mo then I'll be truly happy to see him on the field.

And um, the next Matthew Richardson, I'm not sure I can handle that.

GVGjr
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
It must be remembered that Aker also said that Pask could be a gun:p

If memory serves, he referred to Pask as an A grader a few times and was surprised that the Lions got rid of him.

Twodogs
07-05-2008, 07:00 PM
As long as he comes back with a headband and a blond droppy mo then I'll be truly happy to see him on the field.

And um, the next Matthew Richardson, I'm not sure I can handle that.

The Coon Dog needs to get his photoshopping skills onto this one. Tommies head onto Hulks body in the middle of tearing off his bulldog jumper to show the crowd his guns!

Bulldog Revolution
07-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont know why we continue to overhype T Williams, I'd like to see him fit for 6 months before I got too excited

The Bulldogs Bite
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I dont know why we continue to overhype T Williams, I'd like to see him fit for 6 months before I got too excited

Agreed.

Williams did OK last year but I wouldn't of thought that he's shown enough to 'pencil' him in for anything spectacular yet. He has the tools; height, strength, mobility, aggression & his skills are fine too but he's only very young, inexperienced & injury prone. Talented? Definitely, but it's getting a bit ahead of yourself to start declaring he's going to be this & that when he's struggled to stay fit.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Also, interesting to note about the NFL getting in contact with Gilbee. Not surprising either, because IMO he's by far the best kick in the league. Actually has different areas of the ball where he kicks it for different distances/purposes. Quite amazing. One thing to identify that, but another to actually pull it off to perfection too. I found it very intriguing when he was explaining this, I hadn't heard of this before. Different places to hold the ball? Yeah. But 'pinpointing' exactly where you kick the thing to give it more distance/accuracy? Very well done.

I wonder if Gilbee will entertain the idea of going over there after his football career is finished.

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Also, interesting to note about the NFL getting in contact with Gilbee. Not surprising either, because IMO he's by far the best kick in the league. Actually has different areas of the ball where he kicks it for different distances/purposes. Quite amazing. One thing to identify that, but another to actually pull it off to perfection too. I found it very intriguing when he was explaining this, I hadn't heard of this before. Different places to hold the ball? Yeah. But 'pinpointing' exactly where you kick the thing to give it more distance/accuracy? Very well done.

I wonder if Gilbee will entertain the idea of going over there after his football career is finished.

That's not exactly unique.

If the ball spins quickly you will typically lose distance. Gilbs will kick the ball closer to the middle, the fatter part of the ball, when he wants it to travel further.

He just does it better than anyone else.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
That's not exactly unique.

If the ball spins quickly you will typically lose distance. Gilbs will kick the ball closer to the middle, the fatter part of the ball, when he wants it to travel further.

That's what I mean, though. Everybody knows the ball travels further when there isn't as much spin, but to be able to find the fatter part of the ball and basically perfect it, that's something I haven't seen another player do.

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2008, 08:32 PM
That's what I mean, though. Everybody knows the ball travels further when there isn't as much spin, but to be able to find the fatter part of the ball and basically perfect it, that's something I haven't seen another player do.

It's not really all that hard to do, per se, it's just that nobody does it as well as Gilbee.

We were kicking the fat part of the ball at training 20 years ago and usually we could do it, just not in Gilbee's stratisphere.

Dancin' Douggy
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM

3 years ago we'd be saying "Oh no he's gonna be another Richo".
Now we're saying "Oh my god he could be the next Richo!"

I'd be happy if he was the next Peter Knights...... not too much to ask!

KEN
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM

No I am not happy Scott West that he may miss another game.

KEN
07-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Just for your information Jason did say he is the next best thing but the W/Bulldogs Coaching Staff- Rocket,Cameron,Dean,Campbell Dalrymple,Gotch and others at the CLUB also said it. Give Jason a go. He made a mistake re Pask get over it and move on.

Topdog
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
We all love Aker here. Just don't want to get too over hyped about a player who has promised a lot but delivered next to nothing (through no fault of his own)

Go_Dogs
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm happy to get excited about Tommy because it's obvious that he promises so much, and the way that senior players such as Aker and Darcy have talked about him, he's obviously able, in their opinions at least, to back it up on the training track.

I don't think anyone should expect him to come out and be our answer to say, Nathan Bock (he HAS to be AA CHB at this stage) straight away, but he has the complete package as far as height, strength, speed and agility. His tackling has been great. His judgment not always perfect, but he did play some pretty good games last year - one in particular which I thought he was in our best 4 or 5. He's got a powerful leg, and for someone with little experience in AFL exceeded expectations. Also, let's not forget he was playing a key defensive post with the least accountable midfield helping him out last year too.

There's a lot to like, it's just a matter of can he get his body right? Once he does, and can string together a good run of games, he should develop into a very good player.

Can't we be just a little excited?

Sockeye Salmon
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm happy to get excited about Tommy because it's obvious that he promises so much, and the way that senior players such as Aker and Darcy have talked about him, he's obviously able, in their opinions at least, to back it up on the training track.

I don't think anyone should expect him to come out and be our answer to say, Nathan Bock (he HAS to be AA CHF at this stage) straight away, but he has the complete package as far as height, strength, speed and agility. His tackling has been great. His judgment not always perfect, but he did play some pretty good games last year - one in particular which I thought he was in our best 4 or 5. He's got a powerful leg, and for someone with little experience in AFL exceeded expectations. Also, let's not forget he was playing a key defensive post with the least accountable midfield helping him out last year too.

There's a lot to like, it's just a matter of can he get his body right? Once he does, and can string together a good run of games, he should develop into a very good player.

Can't we be just a little excited?

You gotta stop reading the Advertiser.

Franklin, Pavlich and Murphy are all miles in front of him.

ledge
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Griffen#16 is an Adelaide resident i take it?

Go_Dogs
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
You gotta stop reading the Advertiser.

Franklin, Pavlich and Murphy are all miles in front of him.

I meant CHB, not CHF...my mistake.

ledge
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Nothing like a mistake on this site hey Griff, we all jump on it!
No doubt Sockeye and myself will make a few and the Griff will be there to smack us!
Oh and the Coon Dog if its spelling related! lol

Desipura
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Just for your information Jason did say he is the next best thing but the W/Bulldogs Coaching Staff- Rocket,Cameron,Dean,Campbell Dalrymple,Gotch and others at the CLUB also said it. Give Jason a go. He made a mistake re Pask get over it and move on.
Easy there Kenny boy...........you're not related to Aker are you?

Scorlibo
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't think anyone should expect him to come out and be our answer to say, Nathan Bock (he HAS to be AA CHB at this stage) straight away

He should be but so should have Brian been the AA FB last year. Selectors seem to like leaving a player out of the side if it would be their first inclusion/their first genuinely good season. Gilbs played his best season in his 'breakout' season of 2005 but selectors waited to see whether he could do it again before selecting him. I think its pretty ridiculous and that Bock deserves CHB but you just never know what is going on in the AA selectors minds, they make some really stupid decisions most of which are based on media hype instead of the facts.

Sockeye Salmon
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Nothing like a mistake on this site hey Griff, we all jump on it!
No doubt Sockeye and myself will make a few and the Griff will be there to smack us!
Oh and the Coon Dog if its spelling related! lol

I don't make mistakse.

Oh, Bugger.

ledge
09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't make mistakse.

Oh, Bugger.

I am telling Coon Dog on you!

Bumper Bulldogs
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Not 100% sure on the Tom Williams thing, I thought he has played some good games in the past, However the major problem is the injuries he had. At some time that must take it toll and he ask is it all worth while.

I'm not sure he would say yes.

Why did they play West against West Coast?

was it a small risk at the time that went wrong?