PDA

View Full Version : An open Apology

LostDoggy
07-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I would like to sincerely apologise for not having the faith in two games this year despite being undefeated I have twice not tipped the Bulldogs, The St Kilda Game and Secondly the Sydney game.

So for not showing the faith in a side that is performing well.
I'm Sorry.

For doubting the team and believing that they couldn't win Those Games.
I'm Sorry.

And for not tipping the dogs twice which would mean I would be leading the work footy tipping comp.
(It serves me right) But I'm Sorry.

(PS For misspelling Apology I'm Sorry)

ledge
07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
And how do you plan to rectify these errors so they dont happen again?

LostDoggy
07-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I figure I will have to tip them no matter what and use spell check before I post.

ledge
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Good to see you have recognized your faults and have addressed them, i forgive you.

1eyedog
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I figure I will have to tip them no matter what and use spell check before I post.

The bulldog god forgives you just ask him, I also had to repent on the Swans game.

The Underdog
07-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm a realist, no team wins 22 games in a season, including our own. I also didn't tip them in those 2 games and I was wrong, same as I was wrong tipping Richmond and Fremental last week. I don't get the big deal about not tipping your own team. It's not like I was unhappy they won, I was over the moon. I just tip the teams I think will win, sometimes I don't think we'll win. I'm more than happy to be wrong.

G-Mo77
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I also tipped against them in those 2 games. As Underdog said I'm more than happy to be wrong when I pick against them. It's also a little bit of a game plan. Most people expect me to pick them every week so if I don't it kind of make the other tippers think a little more. If I pick against them I make sure everyone hears it and a lot of them follow suit. :D

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I almost always tip against us.

If we lose at least I get the tip right.

If we win, who gives a shit about some poxy tipping competition!

Scorlibo
07-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Yea don't feel too bad muttley, I think if we all tipped the doggies late last year we would have been in a fair bit of trouble:p.

As long as when the bulldogs win your a thousand times happier than you would be if they lost and you got your tip.

mighty_west
07-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I tipped against us for the first time this year, against the Swannies, and i'm not sorry one bit!

:cool:

GVGjr
07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I tipped against us for the first time this year, against the Swannies, and i'm not sorry one bit!

:cool:

I'm not in any footy tips this year but I am one of those tragics that backs us each week. I would be having a field day if I was in a comp this year.

Several years back the tipping competition I was in had a bonus round of $100 for the person with the most correct winners that week (game margins to determine if there was a tie) I nearly tipped against us that week because we were a complete underdog but I held firm and the dogs got up giving me 8 winners and a clear winner.

LostDoggy
07-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the support guys I just needed to clenze myself from guilt.

Brett
07-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I have tipped against them in the Adelaide & Saints games - but not unhappy I got the tips wrong

ledge
07-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I will keep tipping Johnno to lose the toss if thats ok.

LostDoggy
07-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I have tipped against the Bulldogs in the St Kilda game and the Sydney game, but I am not sorry. If I think the Bulldogs will lose I tip against them because if we lose at least I got the tip right and if we win then I dont care about a stupid tipping competion because the Bulldogs had won.

I do have to admit to only going to 3 of last years final 7 games, Bulldogs V Geelong, Bulldogs V St Kilda
and Bulldogs V Kangaroos.

BulldogBelle
07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I think all of you Bulldog supporters who tip against us should do penance. I am not in favour of straight out forgiveness.

I think they should walk around Ted's statue on hand and knees. Ten times, saying 'sorry Teddy' continuously and go 'woof' every time they complete a lap. Two woofs for two laps and three woofs for three laps etc.

Should do it holding their head down in shame.

Ten laps for each breach of supporter solidarity.

That should do it!

ledge
07-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I think all of you Bulldog supporters who tip against us should do penance. I am not in favour of straight out forgiveness.

I think they should walk around Ted's statue on hand and knees. Ten times, saying 'sorry Teddy' continuously and go 'woof' every time they complete a lap. Two woofs for two laps and three woofs for three laps etc.

Ten laps for each breach of supporter solidarity.

That should do it!

The mans on drugs!!

Has to be the statue at the Braybrook Hotel, cant get to the other one its surrounded by fences

LostDoggy
08-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I too ask forgiveness for not picking the doggies in the Sydney game - although I did pick them in the St Kilda game. I also want damnations cast upon me for considering picking fremantle in next week's game. My punishment is dropping from first to second in the footy comp.

ledge
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
All these confessions, do we need a priest and a forgiveness box?
Is there a priest in the house for all the sinners?

Sockeye Salmon
08-05-2008, 10:58 AM
All these confessions, do we need a priest and a forgiveness box?
Is there a priest in the house for all the sinners?

No priests, please.

Too many young boys about.

ledge
08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok no Catholic priests

Tugun Goalsneak
08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
How could any self- confessed Bulldog lover pick against their beloved side regardless of who we are playing?
I would NEVER pick against the Dogs, even if it means I lose the tipping contest. ( which generally happens anyway. )
The point is..... If we don't think we can beat any side in the competition then we are setting our sights too low.
WAKE UP BULLDOG SUPPORTERS AND UNITE!!!! WE ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.

The Coon Dog
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Spoken like a true Bulldog!!

Welcome to WOOF TG, hope you enjoy your time here.

LostDoggy
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I've never tipped against us, but I may consider it against the Hawks or Geelong...sometimes you have to be smart about these things! There's nothing wrong with tipping against us, at least when you get it wrong it seems like a non-issue.

alwaysadog
08-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Ye of little faith, what does dog spelt backwards mean?

I"ve never ever tipped against the dogs; to do so would be to break the faith. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I didn't let heart rule head in such matters.

Stupid I know but after 55 years following all things Dog I very much doubt there is any sense left.

BulldogBelle
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I"ve never ever tipped against the dogs; to do so would be to break the faith. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I didn't let heart rule head in such matters.

Same here not once have I picked against them....even we sunk to the bottom and picked up the wooden spoon - my workmates bought me a wooden spoon, signed it and lacquered it and displayed it on the wall at work for a month with my name emblazoned on it. This year I am leading the footy tips at work because majority did not back the Dogs in a few games. Their loss, my gain!

ledge
09-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I bet you all tip Johnno to lose the toss though!
Now wheres that non catholic priest gone?

Sockeye Salmon
09-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I bet you all tip Johnno to lose the toss though!
Now wheres that non catholic priest gone?

How can you have a non-catholic priest? Would he be a muslim priest? That doesn't seem right. A jewish priest?

ledge
09-05-2008, 11:36 AM
How about Judas priest

W W Biscuit
11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I have tipped against the Doggies exactly once - in Round 13, 1982. On the Saturday morning, I was trying on some runners at Leigh Matthews' Sports Store at Brandon Park Shopping Centre. The shop assistant, a nice enough girl, was making wanton chit chat. She asked me who I barracked for, and then if I thought we were any chance against the Hawks that afternoon. Being last with one win, playing the top side, and having narrowly lost to the Hawks in Round 3 by 140 points, I declared the Doggies to be, and I quote painfully, "NO CHANCE." Of course, this was overheard by the mischevious pantheon of Zeus, Allah, Yahweh, Amun-Rah and whichever god happened to be doing their groceries at Brandon Park on that day. Sense of humour as they had, Footscray - I'm sure through divine tomfoolery - got up and won by 15 points.

I learnt my lesson on that day.

The Coon Dog
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I have tipped against the Doggies exactly once - in Round 13, 1982. On the Saturday morning, I was trying on some runners at Leigh Matthews' Sports Store at Brandon Park Shopping Centre. The shop assistant, a nice enough girl, was making wanton chit chat. She asked me who I barracked for, and then if I thought we were any chance against the Hawks that afternoon. Being last with one win, playing the top side, and having narrowly lost to the Hawks in Round 3 by 140 points, I declared the Doggies to be, and I quote painfully, "NO CHANCE." Of course, this was overheard by the mischevious pantheon of Zeus, Allah, Yahweh, Amun-Rah and whichever god happened to be doing their groceries at Brandon Park on that day. Sense of humour as they had, Footscray - I'm sure through divine tomfoolery - got up and won by 15 points.

I learnt my lesson on that day.

Footscray 0.4 6.8 8.8 16.11 (107)
Hawthorn 4.8 7.8 12.17 12.20 (92)
Western Oval Jun 19 (Sat)

I was one of the massive crowd of 10,530 that attended that day.

It was Bluey Hampshire's 3rd game as coach after replacing the sacked Royce Hart in round 11.

Go_Dogs
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I've tipped the Dogs every game this year, and done very well out of it. This year could almost see me tip them for every game of the season. I take my tipping pretty seriously though, and have in previous years, in matches where I've believed we're no chance, tipped against the side. I sadly did tip us though to win quite a few of the last 7 of last year, and ended up losing my competition only by accumulated margins! Dammit!

LostDoggy
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I have chosen against the bulldogs in the final three matches of 2007, the St Kilda game and the Sydney game. I have learnt my lesson for this year, dont tip against the Dogs.

1eyedog
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Bulldog supporters never hold their head down in shame, ever! Learnt that over the years.

ledge
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I think penalty for tipping against us should be you all go back to rookies!

GetDimmaBack
12-05-2008, 08:27 PM
How can you have a non-catholic priest? Would he be a muslim priest? That doesn't seem right. A jewish priest?

I think Anglicans have priests

ledge
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Cop that Sockeye!

GetDimmaBack
12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Cop that Sockeye!

With all due respect, of course!

Barry Priest?
For all you dedicated Braybrook boys out there...

Sockeye Salmon
12-05-2008, 09:14 PM

Got me on a technicality.

Anglican ministers are referred to as Vicars or Rectors, however there is such a thing as Anglican priests.

Anglican priests are the assistants to the Bishops.

ledge
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Barry Priest oh you are showing some knowledge!

alwaysadog
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM

Anglicans, Coptics and most branches of the Orthox Church. Don't even think Catholics were the first to have priests.

ledge
12-05-2008, 11:10 PM
See what you have done Sockeye!, this thread, its gone all religious now, not good , root of most wars!

1eyedog
13-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I think penalty for tipping against us should be you all go back to rookies!

But I have posted soooo much crap to get this far!:D

ledge
13-05-2008, 11:25 AM
You and me both.

1eyedog
13-05-2008, 02:07 PM
You and me both.

Yeah but I'm more a WOOF tart than you:D My average is sitting around 6.09 posts per day and yours is only 4.88 post per day. I must get a life! Ah heck I'll do it after the season.

ledge
13-05-2008, 03:30 PM
is that a challenge?

1eyedog
13-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I would say first to a 1000 but you're 350 odd up on me. If you can get your daily post average up to 6 near mine I'll be impressed because it would mean you spend more time on this site than I do. So, in that, I'll be watching your daily postage tally with interest.:D

LostDoggy
13-05-2008, 03:58 PM

My sentiments exactly Sockeye.

cheers,

Jaxs :cool:

hujsh
15-05-2008, 05:30 PM

I've used that logic often

This year i've backed us each week and now I'm afraid to tip against us in case we loose