PDA

View Full Version : Who will make way for Farren Ray in the next few weeks?

Dry Rot
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Is it as simple as dropping Hill, or may a surprise occur re Eagleton, Addison, Callan or someone else?

GVGjr
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
The most likely candidate is Hill but injuries have a way of opening the door.

LostDoggy
10-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Id say Hill. He's form the past few weeks hasnt been up to scratch, and no where near his first few games of the season although they were sublime.

Addison and Callan have runs on the board for a few more weeks so should retain their positions in the team.

LostDoggy
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Unfortuneatley Hill will be the one that gets dropped.

ledge
10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Eagleton???

Bumper Bulldogs
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Hill for sure, he may even just need a break to rest up.

LostDoggy
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Eagleton or Hill.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Is it as simple as dropping Hill, or may a surprise occur re Eagleton, Addison, Callan or someone else?

Stating the bleeding obvious I know, but form will be the dictator. As much as Eade would love to get West, Ray, Williams, and Everitt into the side, I'm sure Eade would love it if the decision was made very hard by ongoing good form by the current 22.
Hill would be the one closest to making way based on form in the past 2-3 weeks.
Callan has so far made the most of his opportunity, as has Addison.
Eagleton has been up and down, and would come under scrutiny if he is unable to lift his game over the next 2-3 weeks.

MikeSheahan
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Is Farren Ray a walk up start for the 22? Not 100% convinced about that.

GVGjr
10-05-2008, 09:04 PM

When he is fit he is just about a walk up start. He played some good footy last year and with a more traditional forward line he will be a bit better for that as well.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Last year I would've queried it. However I thought he looked good in the NAB cup prior to his injury. In particular he looked to have a harder edge about his play- no doubt due to added bulk on his previously slender frame.
At the moment it's up to him to shine at Williamstown, and for someone in the senior team to falter before he'll get a call up.

ledge
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
From all reports he is burning at Willy.

Bulldog Revolution
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Yes, his run & carry is important.

His run is going to be very important in the second part of 2008.

And he looked in the preseason that he has matured with respect to his disposal so that he can be played at half back with some confidence he wont cough it up.

To think that the side has Ray, Higgins, Everitt and Williams not in it gives some taste of the emerging talent we have on the list.

1eyedog
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM

Yes absolutely he is, he was in white hot form in the NAB cup and since losing McMahon we really need Ray back carrying the ball. Hill will come out for him IMO

Go_Dogs
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I'll have to agree that Hill would be the one in the gun, although a solid performance by him over the next few weeks would make it hard to drop him.

FWIW, I think Ray is definitely in our best 22. He's great overhead, runs harder than most, and will provide a fantastic option all over the ground. I'm very much looking forward to what he can do this year.

Dancin' Douggy
11-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yep. I think Farren is one of those guys who's career will suddenly go BANG.
Waiting for that breakthrough season. Hope it's this year.

Mofra
11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Yep. I think Farren is one of those guys who's career will suddenly go BANG.
Waiting for that breakthrough season. Hope it's this year.
That will most likely be the view of him from outside the club when he does start to fire, although I thought he was good for us last year, seemed to show some real courage with his overhead marking with the flight of the ball.

He is a very important "metres gained" player that is in the best 22 IMO.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Walk up start.

Played pretty well today for Willy.

He'll play this week or next, definitely.

I suspect they might give him one more week considering;

a) He didn't play footy last week.
b) The side traveling to Subiaco.
c) Hill's had a week's rest - might give him another opportunity.

Either way, he'll be back very soon because he looks in good touch.

The Coon Dog
11-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Walk up start.

Played pretty well today for Willy.

He'll play this week or next, definitely.

I suspect they might give him one more week considering;

a) He didn't play footy last week.
b) The side traveling to Subiaco.
c) Hill's had a week's rest - might give him another opportunity.

Either way, he'll be back very soon because he looks in good touch.

His ability to run & carry could be needed at Subiaco too, be interesting to see who he replaces should he be selected.

LostDoggy
11-05-2008, 09:28 PM
That will most likely be the view of him from outside the club when he does start to fire, although I thought he was good for us last year, seemed to show some real courage with his overhead marking with the flight of the ball.

He is a very important "metres gained" player that is in the best 22 IMO.

I agree, I thought he was one of our best last year, particularly when things went bad.

I'd say maybe Hill because he's really dropped since his good start, but only slightly ahead of Eagleton who has single handedly frustrated me more than the entire team put together this year.

The Coon Dog
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Eagleton who has single handedly frustrated me more than the entire team put together this year.

I thought I was reading a post by Mantis then.

Mantis
11-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I thought I was reading a post by Mantis then.

See I'm starting to get my message across....Now if only First Dog would listen to me.

But, you have to agree with DG that he is and has been an extremely frustrating player.