PDA

View Full Version : Team Changes v Freo round 8

bornadog
15-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't believe we will be making any changes this week, unless Eade feels the match ups are not right.

Possible change may be Hill out, Ray in.

The Coon Dog
15-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Given we play on Sunday, there will be an extended interchange bench selected tonight.

I would only make the one change, Ray in for Tiller. Purely team balance. Tiller to perhaps play up forward tho if Johnno doesn't come up.

Mantis
15-05-2008, 02:11 PM
As we play on Sunday I would think that we will see Ray, Ward and Skipper come into the squad.

Agree that Hill would be most under pressure, but I think he could be handy on the big Subiaco ground.

Topdog
15-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I can't see us dropping Hill for a game in WA. He is from there isn't he?

Raw Toast
15-05-2008, 07:01 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cameron Wight, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy
F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
Int (from): Dylan Addison, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Hill, Farren Ray, Wayde Skipper, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Ray, Skipper, Ward
Out: N/A

FREMANTLE
B: Roger Hayden, Luke McPharlin, Paul Duffield
HB: Steven Dodd, Michael Johnson, Scott Thornton
C: David Mundy, Rhys Palmer, Garrick Ibbotson
HF: Shaun McManus, Chris Tarrant, Dean Solomon
F: Jeff Farmer, Matthew Pavlich, Marcus Drum
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, Ryan Crowley, Peter Bell
I/C (from): Kepler Bradley, Robert Warnock, Adam Campbell, Byron Schammer, Brett Peake, Andrew Foster, Heath Black
In: Bradley, Warnock, Campbell, Hayden, Peake, Duffield, Black
Out: Mark Johnson (suspended), Daniel Gilmore, Brock O’Brien, Ryan Murphy

I'd be pretty surprised if Hill is dropped. He didn't get a heap of it but his clean hands and precise disposal were super important. He didn't do anything spectacular but was significantly better than in the two previous games.

I agree with TCD - Tiller would be still to be dropped, but Ray's run would be appreciated. Be interesting to see who we fly over.

Hopefully Freo go tall and the we can run them into the ground, but surely they wouldn't make the same mistake twice ;)

ledge
15-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Will Johnno play and if not who will take his place? move Tiller to forward line and bring Ray in?

GVGjr
15-05-2008, 07:28 PM
As we play on Sunday I would think that we will see Ray, Ward and Skipper come into the squad.

Agree that Hill would be most under pressure, but I think he could be handy on the big Subiaco ground.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Int (from): Dylan Addison, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Hill, Farren Ray, Wayde Skipper, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Ray, Skipper, Ward

Nice get. We look just about as strong as we can but they don't look too bad either. Kepler Bradley is an interesting inclusion.

ledge
15-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah i like that in , Kepler Bradley, bit like playing with only 19 men.

hujsh
15-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah i like that in , Kepler Bradley, bit like playing with only 19 men.

Isn't that an advantage?

Or is it like loosing 3 players?

ledge
15-05-2008, 07:36 PM
One ******* on the interchange he doesnt use and when he does its to our advantage.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-05-2008, 08:05 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

What's the thought on Ward getting a game and having the interchange of Gia, Ray, Addison & Hill.

If no Jonno Ward in.

Hill will turn it on in front of his family and friends over their.

The Underdog
15-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd be really surpised if Ray doesn't play. However saying that, anyone who came out of the side would be unlucky. I initially thought Hill would come out, but maybe playing him over there is the go. Tiller is the only other option to come out I'd say. So either no change or Ray for Hill or Tiller.
If we don't get more injuries, picking the team in a few weeks is going to be super hard...

GVGjr
15-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Any chance that Cooney will be a late scratching? I believe his partner has given birth today to a son.

bornadog
16-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Any chance that Cooney will be a late scratching? I believe his partner has given birth today to a son.

Lets hope he follows in pops footsteps

Bulldog Revolution
16-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I am opting to add Ray to the squad and keep Tiller for Hill. Tiller seemed in his first game of the season to have more ability to put pressure on the opposition than Hill at the minute and I think a game at VFL level to re-focus on that wouldn't hurt. That said the boy Hill has been a bright light this season but he needs to learn this pressure lesson sooner rather than later.

Mantis
16-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Wouldn't have thought so.

I can remember Adam talking about the upcoming birth a couple of weeks back and he knew the day it was going to happen so I think it was pre-arranged to have it mid week so that it wouldn't interfere with Adam's footy... All women take note.;)

Brett
16-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Read in todays paper that his partner gave birth on Wednesday to a baby boy.

Sockeye Salmon
16-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Wouldn't have thought so.

I can remember Adam talking about the upcoming birth a couple of weeks back and he knew the day it was going to happen so I think it was pre-arranged to have it mid week so that it wouldn't interfere with Adam's footy... All women take note.;)

He didn't miss a game when he spent the entire night before in hospital with his step-daughter so I couldn't imagine something as pety as this keeping him out.

Got BOG, too.

Raw Toast
16-05-2008, 06:54 PM
We're unchanged - I'd assume Ray will fly up, I wonder if Ward or Skipper will make the trip as well.

Freo have brought in: Bradley, Black, Duffield, Hayden
for
Mark Johnson, Gilmore, O'Brien, Murphy

1eyedog
16-05-2008, 07:04 PM
We're unchanged - I'd assume Ray will fly up, I wonder if Ward or Skipper will make the trip as well.

Freo have brought in: Bradley, Black, Duffield, Hayden
for
Mark Johnson, Gilmore, O'Brien, Murphy

Murphy is a good out for us, Black is a good in for them.

Sockeye Salmon
16-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Murphy is a good out for us, Black is a good in for them.

Murphy can't play (there's something I bet you never thought you'd see here).

Black looks overweight.

LostDoggy
16-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Agreed, Murphy cant play. Neither can Duffield. Roger Hayden is a good in for Freo, very skillful play with pace

mjp
16-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Black played reserves for Peel last week...no way is he ready.

bornadog
17-05-2008, 01:11 AM
FREMANTLE
B: Hayden, McPharlin, Duffield
HB: Dodd, Michael Johnson, Thornton
C: Mundy, Palmer, Ibbotson
HF: McManus, Tarrant, Solomon
F: Drum, Pavlich, Farmer
FOLL: Sandilands, Crowley, Bell
I/C: Bradley, Schammer, Foster, Black
EMG: Warnock, Campbell, Peake
IN: Bradley, Black, Duffield, Hayden
OUT: Mark Johnson, Gilmore, O'Brien, Murphy

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Callan, Lake, Morris
HB: Gilbee, Wight, Hargrave
C: Eagleton, Boyd, Cross
HF: Murphy, Hahn, Johnson
F: Akermanis, Griffen, Welsh
FOLL: Hudson, Boyd, Cooney
I/C: Hill, Addison, Giansiracusa, Tiller
EMG: Ray, Skipper, Williams
No Changes

Interesting Ward not named as emergency.

hujsh
17-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Interesting Ward not named as emergency.

Well Ray and Williams probably edge him out

GVGjr
17-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Well Ray and Williams probably edge him out

It's interesting that Williams has been named on the bench because based on what I have seen of him he still has a way to go before being ready to play.

Mantis
17-05-2008, 11:08 AM
It's interesting that Williams has been named on the bench because based on what I have seen of him he still has a way to go before being ready to play.

Are we playing games, perhaps trying to let the rest of the comp know that we are in some position of power in that we are going quite well at present and have player's who will improve our team coming back shortly?

Desipura
17-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I would not be surprised if he comes into the side this week. Why would you list him as an emergency last minute ahead of Ward?
A backman out for a backman perhaps? I cannot see any other reason why he would be named.

bornadog
17-05-2008, 01:59 PM
I would not be surprised if he comes into the side this week. Why would you list him as an emergency last minute ahead of Ward?
A backman out for a backman perhaps? I cannot see any other reason why he would be named.

Could run into form on Tarrant

GVGjr
17-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Are we playing games, perhaps trying to let the rest of the comp know that we are in some position of power in that we are going quite well at present and have player's who will improve our team coming back shortly?

Seems like Williams might actually be playing. It could be a good move if the Dockers try an load up with a tall forward line.

bornadog
17-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Seems like Williams might actually be playing. It could be a good move if the Dockers try an load up with a tall forward line.

Who would make way for him?

GVGjr
17-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Who would make way for him?

Callan apparently.

bornadog
17-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Callan apparently.

Injured?

GVGjr
17-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Injured?

Apparently. It would be a shame given he landed a couple of interviews this week if he didn't play.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Apparently. It would be a shame given he landed a couple of interviews this week if he didn't play.

That would be tough luck for Callan as he's been really good.

hujsh
17-05-2008, 04:22 PM
No.:mad: Can't drop Callan for a player who's just returning.

Sends a bad message IMO to our fringe players that they'll be dropped even if they do well.

(Unless he's injured)

hujsh
17-05-2008, 04:35 PM
On BF it's being suggested the both Lake and Callan could be out for Ray and Williams. (both with injuries)

The Bulldogs Bite
17-05-2008, 05:13 PM
On BF it's being suggested the both Lake and Callan could be our for Ray and Williams. (both with injuries)

Lake too?

I reckon half our list is 'apparently' out.

LostDoggy
17-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah..."Apparently" Welsh, Murphy, Cooney & Hahn are all out...In comes Ray, Harbrow, Street & Skipper

"Apparently" is not a reliable word :P