View Full Version : Callan Out Williams In For Freo Clash

LostDog
18-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Just reported on Game Day

Callan Calf Injury

Tommy Gun In

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Poor Callan. Glad Williams is back in so he can show us what he's got, I feel maybe he may have been rushed in. Hope Tommy does well and stays in the team and really bolsters the backline. I wonder when Callan is fit again and if Williams is going well whether Wight will be under the pump to go up another notch? I think Eade will be keen to get Callan back in there at some stage.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow..we get to see Tommy run around...

I watched him play with Willy last week...didnt think he was quite ready..

Well he must be, so we have one good defender out, and get a good defender in return

Go_Dogs
18-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Bit nervous about an underdone player today, but I trust the coaching staff know what they're doing.

Disappointing for Callan, as he was starting to look really settled in our line up.

Good luck today Tommy Gun.

The Underdog
18-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Obviously they think Freo will go tall, and you'd imagine Warnock will come in for Black from all reports, so they might be right. Still, I'm surprised they've picked Williams who can't be particulary fit and that Ray hasn't got a game.

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Bit nervous about an underdone player today, but I trust the coaching staff know what they're doing.

Disappointing for Callan, as he was starting to look really settled in our line up.

Good luck today Tommy Gun.

I'm not sure that he is underdone from a fitness perspective but he certainly is from a form one. That being said he is one of those types of players that might just click

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure that he is underdone from a fitness perspective but he certainly is from a form one. That being said he is one of those types of players that might just click

Yeah good call. He has good hands and appears to have extra time.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I think he's beaing a bit reckless today. Im not sure, i'll wait for his second half performance before i crack the sads, though!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:36 PM

It didn't click for Tommy today. However it will give him some confidence being apart of that win.
It will be interesting to see if Eade perseveres with him for the game against the Roos next week.
I think Tommy was given the shot today in part to get some game time into him in the lead up to playing 2 teams (North and Hawks) with tall forwards.

Stevo
18-05-2008, 08:48 PM
It didn't click for Tommy today. However it will give him some confidence being apart of that win.
It will be interesting to see if Eade perseveres with him for the game against the Roos next week.
I think Tommy was given the shot today in part to get some game time into him in the lead up to playing 2 teams (North and Hawks) with tall forwards.

I can't argue with this because Williams does become a needed player in the coming weeks.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Williams looked underdone but he was no worse than Wight and Wights been in the side all year.
I would drop Wight before I drop Williams.

strebla
18-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I thought wight was ok today not our worst player i feel that it may be time to rest young Hill he just seems to have lost his radar maybe bring in Farren and let Hill go down and get his hands on the pill

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Williams looked underdone but he was no worse than Wight and Wight been in the side all year.

Me too. I'd leave Williams in the team, drop Wight for Callan.

firstdogonthemoon
19-05-2008, 01:01 AM
if he is fit - williams is the future of our club - play him regardless imo

bornadog
19-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Williams was not ready to play yesterday, his decison making was scary. Every time he had the ball I was woried what he was going to do. I agree he is our future, but he needs more game time at Willy.

Bulldog Revolution
19-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Williams looked underdone but he was no worse than Wight and Wights been in the side all year.

Apart from Wights absolute howler in the first quarter he actually played very well, and took a sensational mark in the centre square in the last quarter

Williams was nowhere near as good as Wight. I think whilst Wight makes mistakes he is making progress.

Sockeye Salmon
19-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Apart from Wights absolute howler in the first quarter he actually played very well, and took a sensational mark in the centre square in the last quarter

Williams was nowhere near as good as Wight. I think whilst Wight makes mistakes he is making progress.

I thought Wight really struggled. It takes a fair level on incompetence these days to make Chris Tarrant look good.

Bulldog Revolution
19-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I thought Wight really struggled. It takes a fair level on incompetence these days to make Chris Tarrant look good.

Wight wasn't on him the whole time, and I didn't really think Tarrant looked good, ok maybe he looked good - you'd have to as BBelle to be sure, but I didn't really think he played that well or had a big influence on things.

bornadog
19-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Tarrant got some lucky goals. Williams gave away a stupid free kick behind the goals, Tarrant got a lucky soccer goal and can't remember the other two.

Overall both Williams and Wight made a few mistakes in the first quarter, but they stuck to their task.

Desipura
19-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Tarrant got some lucky goals. Williams gave away a stupid free kick behind the goals, Tarrant got a lucky soccer goal and can't remember the other two.

Overall both Williams and Wight made a few mistakes in the first quarter, but they stuck to their task.
Credit where credit is due, Wight took a telling mark in the dying minutes of the game on the wing/half fwd flank for us.

LostDoggy
19-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I bet if Williams had been playing all season then he wouldn't be making the same mistakes Wight does now.
So apart from 1 mark what did Wight actually do?
Williams made mistakes but a lot of those were in trying to create play.

I agree with Scooters thoughts on Tarrant.

bornadog
19-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Credit where credit is due, Wight took a telling mark in the dying minutes of the game on the wing/half fwd flank for us.

Wight will end up as a winger and rotate off the bench when Williams is firing and the match ups aren't there for the extra tall.

Sockeye Salmon
19-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Tarrant also missed two when he could have put the game to bed.

bornadog
19-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Tarrant also missed two when he could have put the game to bed.

but didn't

Sockeye Salmon
19-05-2008, 02:45 PM
but didn't

He could have missed the two 'lucky' ones he got as well.

But didn't.

camwoof
19-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I think Williams certianly looked a little underdone and his decision making was not the best. He will be better for the run though.

ledge
19-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Wight will end up as a winger and rotate off the bench when Williams is firing and the match ups aren't there for the extra tall.

If Eade wants a winger he will play Farren there before Wight.

GVGjr
19-05-2008, 07:21 PM

I tend to agree with this but Wight might be under a bit of pressure especially with some of the big tasks coming up soon.