PDA

View Full Version : Kardinia Park

firstdogonthemoon
20-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I know round 16 is a fair way away, but I am wondering how hard it will be (if even possible) to get in to the game at Kardinia Park. Will my 17 game membership get me in?

LostDoggy
20-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I believe everywhere in Kardinia or Shell or Skilled Stadium is reserved seating because of the Geelong ferals down there... they will take up 95% of the stadium..

I dont think ill travel for this one, i believe front row of my tv is the best option, it will be live at 1.10 that day on foxtel..

LostDoggy
20-05-2008, 07:11 PM
You'll definately have to buy a reserved seat in advanced. Theres no way you'll get in there on your membership, due to the Geelong supporters :S
So, if you're keen, buy a seat as soon as you can!

LostDoggy
20-05-2008, 07:14 PM
hehe, there got more geelong members then they have seats.. everyone is on the back foot from the start. Even some unlucky cats fans.

The Coon Dog
22-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I rang the club recently about this game & was directed to ticketmaster.

Last time I went to Kardinia park TCP & I were the only Doggies fans in the bay we were in. I didn't mind too much, but a few kindred spirits nearby would have been nice.

Anyone know if there's a way you can get seats near other Bulldog supporters?

Even if half a dozen or so or more from on here were to book seats together it would be great. How do we do it? Who's going?

1eyedog
22-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I rang the club recently about this game & was directed to ticketmaster.

Last time I went to Kardinia park TCP & I were the only Doggies fans in the bay we were in. I didn't mind too much, but a few kindred spirits nearby would have been nice.

Anyone know if there's a way you can get seats near other Bulldog supporters?

Even if half a dozen or so or more from on here were to book seats together it would be great. How do we do it? Who's going?

Doggies supporters usually situate themselves behind the city end goals just to the left of the goals if your back is to the city looking down the ground to the Reg Hickey stand. I grew up in Geelong and that's where I always noticed the most red, white and blue. It's certainly the place where me, my cousin, Dad and Uncles always stood.

The Coon Dog
22-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Doggies supporters usually situate themselves behind the city end goals just to the left of the goals if your back is to the city looking down the ground to the Reg Hickey stand. I grew up in Geelong and that's where I always noticed the most red, white and blue. It's certainly the place where me, my cousin, Dad and Uncles always stood.

Has KP now become 'all seater' with the renovation down there?

TCP is only 10 y.o. so standing is not an option for me.

1eyedog
22-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Has KP now become 'all seater' with the renovation down there?

TCP is only 10 y.o. so standing is not an option for me.

Yeah most of it is seating now, although there is standing room in the section I mentioned and also in some places in the outer (eastern wings and pockets). Opposition cheers squads are to be found about 25m around from the right forward pocket if your looking north towards the city from the Hickey stand end. Sorry for the dodgy descriptions, it's hard to articulate. If you are sitting in the commentary box in the main stand and looking across the ground to the outer wing (12 o clock) the opposition cheer squad is at about 2 o clock from there. I would try to get a seat in there.

aker39
22-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I will definetly be going to this game, my wife and her family are Geelong members and sit in the Brownlow Stand, so I can not sit with them.

I will have my six year old son with me, and possibly some other family members, and will be buying reserved seats. They go on sale through ticketmaster from Tuesday 8th July at 9.00am.

If you want to sit with me TCD and TCP, I can buy your tickets when I buy mine.

The Coon Dog
22-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I will definetly be going to this game, my wife and her family are Geelong members and sit in the Brownlow Stand, so I can not sit with them.

I will have my six year old son with me, and possibly some other family members, and will be buying reserved seats. They go on sale through ticketmaster from Tuesday 8th July at 9.00am.

If you want to sit with me TCD and TCP, I can buy your tickets when I buy mine.

Thanks A39. Just sent you a PM.

Cyberdoggie
22-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks A39. Just sent you a PM.

yeah i went a couple of seasons back and you basically had to get there when the gates opened for the standing area left of tv screen. It's a reasonable size but sells out within an hour or so. Only problem is you have to stand there the whole day, which is why they sometimes have the curtain raisers.

Personnally if you don't have a reserved seat or a spot in the shade in the new stand, i wouldn't bother, it's up there with the scg for one of the worsts grounds for watching footy for me.

Save yourself the day and the money and watch it at home or at the pub

GVGjr
22-05-2008, 07:25 PM
I'd contact the Barwon Bulldogs. If anyone is organising something it would be them. There would probably be a function after the game as well.

Mantis
22-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I love going down there and standing in terrace area at the city end.

Does anyone know if they pre-sell this standing room area or is it first in best dressed?

1eyedog
22-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I love going down there and standing in terrace area at the city end.

Does anyone know if they pre-sell this standing room area or is it first in best dressed?

Standing area at the terraced section city end is first in, that's where we'll be standing.

The Coon Dog
22-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd contact the Barwon Bulldogs. If anyone is organising something it would be them. There would probably be a function after the game as well.

Good point! Thanks for that.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Good point! Thanks for that.

Do, a few years ago they had a meet the players sort of function going on. I remember some drunk lads having a chat with a slightly scared-looking Chris Grant! :p

aker39
23-05-2008, 10:16 AM

I think they are having a post match function in the St Mary's club rooms.

The Coon Dog
10-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Just rang the club (03 9680 6100) to book tickets for the Geelong clash.

You can buy silver or bronze seats.

Silver: (On the wing) - 190 tickets available

$49.55 Adult 11 Game member
$31.55 Adult 17 Game member
$14.90 Junior member

Bronze: (Behind the goals) - 64 tickets available

$44.55 Adult 11 Game member
$26.55 Adult 17 Game member
$13.90 Junior member

If you have any queries, ring the above number.

Go_Dogs
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
So there might be 250 Dogs supporters there?

The Coon Dog
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
So there might be 250 Dogs supporters there?
Plus those who have already bought tickets. Those figures I quoted are only what the club has remaining.

Sockeye Salmon
10-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Just rang the club (03 9680 6100) to book tickets for the Geelong clash.

You can buy silver or bronze seats.

Silver: (On the wing) - 190 tickets available

$49.55 Adult 11 Game member
$31.55 Adult 17 Game member
$14.90 Junior member

Bronze: (Behind the goals) - 64 tickets available

$44.55 Adult 11 Game member
$26.55 Adult 17 Game member
$13.90 Junior member

If you have any queries, ring the above number.

Now I know how Frank Costa wiped out their $10M debt.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Just got mine So I will be down there. Should be a good game.

craigsahibee
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
According to the fixture the MCG is available the following day. We should start a push to have the game moved there. We have the power.....

bulldog
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
can you buy them now i thoight they where available on july 8 are the club selling tickets

The Coon Dog
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
can you buy them now i thoight they where available on july 8 are the club selling tickets

Seating is available now, but general admission where you can stand is later.

bulldog
10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
and u can get them at ticketmaster or the footy club

Sockeye Salmon
11-06-2008, 10:20 AM
According to the fixture the MCG is available the following day. We should start a push to have the game moved there. We have the power.....

Good luck with that one.

craigsahibee
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Good luck with that one.

I raised this point with the Morning Glory on SEN this morning and the boys didn't like the chances of getting this game changed.

Andy Maher did raise the issue of switching our Round 13 game against Collingwood to the G and swapping the Carlton V Essendon game from the G to Telstra Dome.

It raises an interesting question. Where would you rather play Collingwood? At our home ground or at the MCG where we famously smashed them in the qualifying final of 2006 in front of potentially 80,000 people.

Desipura
12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I raised this point with the Morning Glory on SEN this morning and the boys didn't like the chances of getting this game changed.

Andy Maher did raise the issue of switching our Round 13 game against Collingwood to the G and swapping the Carlton V Essendon game from the G to Telstra Dome.

It raises an interesting question. Where would you rather play Collingwood? At our home ground or at the MCG where we famously smashed them in the qualifying final of 2006 in front of potentially 80,000 people.
I heard you this morning, you raised a fair point re switching the Geelong game IMHO

Ozza
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I should probably organise a ticket. As I've never seen us lose at Kardinia. Have been there 5 times (I'm pretty sure) and have never seen us lose there.

My old man thinks this is a remarkable feat as he reckons before I was around he never once saw us win at Geelong - and had gone there a good 12-15 times.

The question is whether or not I'm superstitious enough to follow through this time!

craigsahibee
12-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Do it Ozza. Just Do It

craigsahibee
12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I heard you this morning, you raised a fair point re switching the Geelong game IMHO

Surely if we keep winning and are still in the top 3 by Round 16 the AFL could compensate Geelong for switching the game to the G the following day when it's available.

The TV networks will have a say in it. If it stays at Skilled Stadium and is a sell out, Channel 10 will want to telecast live against the gate whereas Channel 7 will be pushing for the switch so they can televise it (on delay) on a Sunday.

aker39
12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
They will not transfer the game to the Sunday, as the Cats play the Hawks the following Friday night.

The Coon Dog
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM

I heard you too, tho Billy didn't like your chances at all.

craigsahibee
12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I heard you too, tho Billy didn't like your chances at all.

Billy was pretty dismissive wasn't he.

The Underdog
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Billy was pretty dismissive wasn't he.

Not without cause. Geelong have no reason to change it. They would make as much from capacity at Kardinia as they would from the MCG, if not more. They would also lose a very strong home ground advantage. The AFL have no reason to change it as they would benefit in no way and in fact would have to compensate Geelong most likely as well as the extra work created around getting the message out. Not to mention they haven't changed a fixture in season for ages now. There would also be no changing the TV schedule either. There's a million reasons why it would never happen.

1eyedog
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM

Probably at the Dome, they smashed Geelong at the G and I reckon we have more chance of winning at the Dome (I reserve the right change that opinion after watching the Brisbane game this Saturday).

aker39
12-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Not without cause. Geelong have no reason to change it. They would make as much from capacity at Kardinia as they would from the MCG, if not more. They would also lose a very strong home ground advantage. The AFL have no reason to change it as they would benefit in no way and in fact would have to compensate Geelong most likely as well as the extra work created around getting the message out. Not to mention they haven't changed a fixture in season for ages now. There would also be no changing the TV schedule either. There's a million reasons why it would never happen.

I agree with everything you have said, and you are 100% correct.

BUT

Vlad came out on the weekend and said that if Melbourne didn't get a big enough crowd on Monday, they may lose that game. So the AFL is all about maximising attendances, yet it seems only when it suits their agenda.

1eyedog
12-06-2008, 03:43 PM
The way Geelong have been falling over the line at home coupled with our impressive away record this year I reckon we are a bloody good chance down there.

Sockeye Salmon
12-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I should probably organise a ticket. As I've never seen us lose at Kardinia. Have been there 5 times (I'm pretty sure) and have never seen us lose there.

My old man thinks this is a remarkable feat as he reckons before I was around he never once saw us win at Geelong - and had gone there a good 12-15 times.

The question is whether or not I'm superstitious enough to follow through this time!

Ted Whitten never played in a winning side at Kadinia Park.
Doug Hawkins only did it once.

The Underdog
12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree with everything you have said, and you are 100% correct.

BUT

Vlad came out on the weekend and said that if Melbourne didn't get a big enough crowd on Monday, they may lose that game. So the AFL is all about maximising attendances, yet it seems only when it suits their agenda.

I never said they AFL weren't two faced hypocrites only too happy to use a self serving argument when it suits them but dismiss it when it doesn't. Because they are. Maybe if we played Geelong on Queens Birthday we could play them at the MCG every year, as long as we regularly pulled 65,000 of course.

LostDoggy
12-06-2008, 05:18 PM
We got 9 tickets yesterday in the Silver section. We got them through the Club and were told it would be a Bulldogs area.