PDA

View Full Version : Willi vs Box Hill

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't have the team on or anything, but it is on ABC right now if u can watch it.
its 1/4 time and box hill r up 23 - 16
Tiller, Ward and Hill all playing.
Grant kicked a mad goal aswell in the first, lying on his back, snaped the ball over his head with a couple players over him. great effort

edit: i didn't watch the start, but it turns out that Skipper has injured his knee, and won't play again today, not good.
Hill was a goal 22-29 to Box Hill

wimberga
24-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks, just switched it on

The Bulldogs Bite
24-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Street's been our best by a fair margin, even managed to kick a running goal from about 35-40m. Dominating the ruck and is providing an option around the ground.

O'Keefe & Lynch are playing ordinary, both turning it over almost every time they get the thing. Disappointing.

Grant has been very quiet except for an inventive effort on his back, as explained above, but Cloke actually technically got the goal as he helped it through on the last line.

Hill's been solid; getting a bit of the ball, but he's turned it over two or three times. Still, he's playing OK.

Ward hasn't been as influential as he has been, but what he's done has been pretty good. He's a slick mover and hits his targets by foot & hand. He's doing well in contested, tight situations too.

Stack & Harbrow been quiet, both done a few nice things ie. Harbrow's great lunging tackle, but nothing too much just yet.

Overall, it hasn't been much to praise thus far. Willy aren't playing well; 5 points up at half time against the bottom team. Seem to continually miss targets and on the rebound, Box Hill is doing well.

ledge
24-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Skipper and Mc Dougall, knee injuries,neither sound too serious though.

Bulldog Revolution
24-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Street's been our best by a fair margin, even managed to kick a running goal from about 35-40m. Dominating the ruck and is providing an option around the ground.

Street has done that all year, he's getting loads more of it around the ground, and Gotch's coaching seems to be having a positive influence on him.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 04:19 PM
10 goal 3rd quarter to Willy.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Agree with that but that his taps are being sharked by the oppositionmore often than not

O'Keefe & Lynch are playing ordinary, both turning it over almost every time they get the thing. Disappointing.
O'keefe was better in the third.

Grant has been very quiet except for an inventive effort on his back, as explained above, but Cloke actually technically got the goal as he helped it through on the last line.
Got one in the third. He just needs time.

Hill's been solid; getting a bit of the ball, but he's turned it over two or three times. Still, he's playing OK.
Yep. good in the third.

Ward hasn't been as influential as he has been, but what he's done has been pretty good. He's a slick mover and hits his targets by foot & hand. He's doing well in contested, tight situations too.
Yes well summed up.

Stack & Harbrow been quiet, both done a few nice things ie. Harbrow's great lunging tackle, but nothing too much just yet.
Disagree a little here. Harbrow has been good and Stack not too bad.

Tiller has been good from what I have seen. Meyer was on Dowler who kicked 4 til Tiller was moved onto him.

McDougal got injured as well as Skipper.

Everitt probably been our worst.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Gotch singled out Stack and Tiller for providing dash off half back in the 3rd quarter.

Lynch got my vote for worst.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Lynch get my vote for worst.

Yep. Everitt was better later.

Mofra
24-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Very impressed with Tiller's game, seem to be a settling influence in the backline (like Lake in the seniors).

Street is desperately unlucky this season, Hill got better as the game wore on. Ward looked very good, seemed good in close although I still think he looks a bit on the slight side so may have to wait longer for a senior opportunity.

strebla
24-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Missed the game (wife had girlfriend over)final scores and goalkickers anyone?

The Underdog
24-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Thought Street was excellent. The question is can he do that at a higher level. His goal on the run in the 2nd was pure class :eek:
Ward is going to be a beauty. Quiet early but worked his way into it and had 25 possies and 2 goals.
Hill went well but i would have liked to see more accountability. He still seems to coast a bit. I don't know how he's constantly loose.
Grant looks a bit lost. If he's fit (was icing his groin at the end) he might be due for a game in the 2's just to get a bit more of it and work into some form.
Lynch was poor early but did some nice work with his hands later on. Harbrow worked into the game and was good near the end.
Tiller was pretty good too.
I thought Doogs did ok until he got injured. Ran off a bit and was solid against his man.

ledge
24-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Tiller was great, made mistakes but very solid and his second and third efforts were a real strength of his game.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Ergh what i saw of Tiller was terrible, niggling his opponent all day (who had kicked 4 on him by 3QT) and he won a couple cheap free kicks..

Williamstown 23.15-153 def Box Hill Hawks 13.12-90

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: P. Rose 5, M. Little 4, P. Street 2, J. Cloke 2, J. Harbrow 2, J. Grant 2, C. Ward 2, L. Picken, A. Cook, J. Hill, B. Stack
Best Players: D. Stretton, C. Ward, L. Picken, S. Tiller, P. Rose, J. Cloke
Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: B. Dowler 4, L. Markovic 2, D. Morrell, R. Breese, R. O''Sullivan, A. Grima, B. Whitecross, B. Neil, J. Cross
Best Players: B. Neil, L. Markovic, S. Gibson, B. Renouf, A. Neville, C. Hunter

ledge
24-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Alex obviously you didnt see the game Tiller was put on him after he kicked 4 and niggling your opponent is part of football as a backman, have you ever played a game ?
And won cheap free kicks? So its his fault umpires paid them? How many "cheap" free kicks do forwards get?
And bet it would be ok if we got them at fullforward and won the game with them, free kicks are free kicks.
Did you see his running off and setting up goals? Like i said he made mistakes, i noticed 2 in a row in one play but he got it the third time in the same play and got it right finally, his application in my opinion was great, shut his opponent right out and ran off when warranted.

Bulldog4life
24-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Alex obviously you didnt see the game Tiller was put on him after he kicked 4 and niggling your opponent is part of football as a backman, have you ever played a game ?
And won cheap free kicks? So its his fault umpires paid them? How many "cheap" free kicks do forwards get?
And bet it would be ok if we got them at fullforward and won the game with them, free kicks are free kicks.
Did you see his running off and setting up goals? Like i said he made mistakes, i noticed 2 in a row in one play but he got it the third time in the same play and got it right finally, his application in my opinion was great, shut his opponent right out and ran off when warranted.

Well said. If anyone thinks that Tiller didn't do well today well they know very little about footy. He showed great dash from the backline and the fact that he can play forward too is a real bonus for our Club.In my opinion I thought Tiller, Street and Ward were our best three.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Agree i thought he was solid and really gave us run and carry. Okeefe & Everitt worked into the game well after the 1st qtr.

Pleasing to see Street work on the second efforts and presenting around the ground.

Thought Ward did some good things.

IMO Tiller, Okeefe and Ward where the best of the doggies today.

I thought Cloke was poor, didn't know how he got in the best.

ledge
24-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Bulldog, thought Street was exceptional.

GVGjr
24-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw both games today.

For the reserves and all of the Bulldogs boys had good games.

Reid played mainly in the midfield but was sent to defence in the last quarter which is something that they have doe a few times. He had a terrific last quarter and showed a fair bit of athleticism in the air which I haven't seen a lot of prior. Reid kicked at least one goal.

White was a solid contributor over the game but his kicking skills let him down at time.

Mulligan was impressive in the ruck and was holding more marks than I have previously seen which is encouraging. He kicked a couple of goals in a good display.

O'Shea played as a key forward and did a fair bit. He still has plenty of work to do on his kicking and seems to have no faith with his left foot kicking skills. I'd hope that he can push his way back into the seniors especially after some injuries to key talls.

Wood is really starting to show something. He has an attacking style which is prone to the odd error but when he gets it right he looks very good. He kicked 4 goals mostly from close range but he does have a good ability to get off his man and provide a target. He still has a lot to learn but he is making progress.

No Boumann or Shaw today.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks Bulldog, thought Street was exceptional.

Yeah i have a soft spot for the man and hope that he could improve around the ground and below his knees a little.

two years ago he and Will where fantastic and with his injury last year I thought it knocked his confidence, then on top of that we pick up Hudson. i hope he maintains his head, legs and fitness as he is probably in the best 10 runkman going around.

love him and Cooney working in the middle.

Mantis
24-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah i have a soft spot for the man and hope that he could improve around the ground and below his knees a little.

two years ago he and Will where fantastic and with his injury last year I thought it knocked his confidence, then on top of that we pick up Hudson. i hope he maintains his head, legs and fitness as he is probably in the best 10 ruckman going around.

love him and Cooney working in the middle.

He is probably the 3rd best at our club and it is very debatable that even our best ruckman is in the best 10 in the competition.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 08:41 PM
He is probably the 3rd best at our club and it is very debatable that even our best ruckman is in the best 10 in the competition.

Agreed.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Seniors
23.15-153 Williamstown

def.
13.12-90 Box Hill Hawks

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: P. Rose 5, M. Little 4, P. Street 2, J. Cloke 2, J. Harbrow 2, J. Grant 2, C. Ward 2, L. Picken, A. Cook, J. Hill, B. Stack
Best Players: D. Stretton, C. Ward, L. Picken, S. Tiller, P. Rose, J. Cloke

Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: B. Dowler 4, L. Markovic 2, D. Morrell, R. Breese, R. O''Sullivan, A. Grima, B. Whitecross, B. Neil, J. Cross
Best Players: B. Neil, L. Markovic, S. Gibson, B. Renouf, A. Neville, C. Hunter

Reserves
25.20-170 Williamstown

def.
10.10-70 Box Hill Hawks

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: E. Wood 4, J. Young 3, J. Mulligan 3, K. McKenzie 2, T. Langlands 2, D. Galea 2, N. Lyons 2, M. Keddell 2, J. Beaumont, A. Chiu, B. Dickson, P. O''Shea, S. Reid
Best Players: J. Beaumont, K. McKenzie, E. Wood, S. Reid, J. Young, D. Galea

Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: C. Hoegel 2, C. Pedersen 2, T. Walsh 2, H. Sandilands, C. Philp, G. Conyers, B. Smithwick
Best Players: C. Pedersen, B. Kelleher, L. Carey, G. Angelopoulos, B. Sinclair, G. Conyers

Apparently O'Shea was reported for striking.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Settle down, dont get on your high horses...

What i paid attention to was the third quarter, and obviously it wasnt his best qtr..

I do know plenty about the game so dont start those smart@ss remarks..just making note off what i saw.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 09:50 PM

What i paid attention to was the third quarter, and obviously it wasnt his best qtr..

I do know plenty about the game so dont start those smart@ss remarks..just making note off what i saw.

actually it was:o

Gotch praised him for it

Raw Toast
24-05-2008, 10:27 PM
If you turned on the tv a bit of the way through the 3rd quarter, as I did, the ABC commentators made it sound like Tiller had had 4 kicked on him. So I too thought for awhile that Tiller had at least struggled for abit.

That said, I liked his application and niggle (though it did make it look like he was niggling after having 4 kicked on him, which is pretty different to niggle as the new opponent), and really like the way he throws his body in and his repeated efforts. His disposal can be pretty hit and miss though.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's very productive to straight out question someone's knowledge of the game and to ask if they have played - better just to argue the point I reckon. There are often valid reasons for why we see things differently, and a talent for understanding the game doesn't only come out of playing it, just like the best players don't necessarily make the best coaches.

GVGjr
25-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I thought a lot of the Bulldog boys played well today.

O'Keefe worked his backside off and was noticeably spent a few times. His kicking wasn't great at times but his work ethic was very good.

Ward performed well and must have put his name back in front of the selectors.

Tiller battled on really well and had to man up on taller opponents with McDougall off the ground and when Meyer was needed in the ruck. He was very attacking today and was a solid contributor.

Street did well and it was probably his best game of the season.

I really liked Stacks game. Full of run and poise and he was praised up by the coach in charge of the defensive unit at 3 quarter time.

Harbrow worked his way into the game and was strong in the contests.

Everitt needs more time and is still a little way off in my opinion.

The Underdog
25-05-2008, 10:44 AM
If you turned on the tv a bit of the way through the 3rd quarter, as I did, the ABC commentators made it sound like Tiller had had 4 kicked on him. So I too thought for awhile that Tiller had at least struggled for abit.

That said, I liked his application and niggle (though it did make it look like he was niggling after having 4 kicked on him, which is pretty different to niggle as the new opponent), and really like the way he throws his body in and his repeated efforts. His disposal can be pretty hit and miss though.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's very productive to straight out question someone's knowledge of the game and to ask if they have played - better just to argue the point I reckon. There are often valid reasons for why we see things differently, and a talent for understanding the game doesn't only come out of playing it, just like the best players don't necessarily make the best coaches.

That was the fault of Aaron Lord the "special" comments man, who spent the afternoon barracking for Box Hill and showing no knowledge of the teams whatsoever. He made the call about Tiller having 4 kicked on him when Meyers had been on him until that point. The fact that Meyers had long sleeves might have been a tip off.
I agree, we don't need to make personal comments on this board. They're just opinions, they differ. No need to have a go at each other.

Go_Dogs
25-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Anyone else starting to get really worried about Everitt?

Bulldog Revolution
25-05-2008, 11:01 AM

O'Keefe worked his backside off and was noticeably spent a few times. His kicking wasn't great at times but his work ethic was very good.

Tiller battled on really well and had to man up on taller opponents with McDougall off the ground and when Meyer was needed in the ruck. He was very attacking today and was a solid contributor.

I really liked Stacks game. Full of run and poise and he was praised up by the coach in charge of the defensive unit at 3 quarter time.

Thats really pretty similar to the way I saw it.

OKeefe took a while to get going but still tackled and was very competitive around the ball.

Ward did some super work but made a few ordinary turnovers that perhaps hurt the overall perception of his game but still was very good and was always in the action. Stack is developing nicely across the backline and I thought he was v.good today, plenty of run, but again a few turnovers hurt him.

Everitt looks well down on form.

Were the conditions difficult because it seemed to take us a while to get our disposal really working. In the first quarter we gave a lot of looping handballs off half back to guys standing still and we really struggled to find anybody across half forward.

The Underdog
25-05-2008, 11:05 AM

I thought his 2nd half was ok. Still needs some work but thought he played his man close and worked across half back taking some grabs.
To be fair to all it didn't seem to be the best day for skills with a pretty strong breeze across the ground.

bold-dogg
25-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Second season, 19 y.o. Not REALLY worried, no.

Dancin' Douggy
25-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Anyone worried about J. Grant?????????

bulldog
25-05-2008, 11:39 AM
watched the game yesterday and surely callan ward is next in line for a game the kid is going to be a superstar 200 plus games for the club

Scorlibo
25-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know where I could find stats for these games? I think it was knowitall who gave us some nice stats in last weeks VFL game thread?

The Coon Dog
25-05-2008, 11:41 AM

No, just give him the year at Willy then get him in the gym over pre season.

GVGjr
25-05-2008, 11:57 AM

Worried? No but he will need more time. I don't think we could afford to rush him in and perhaps play like Williams did last week. One good week could turn it around though.

GVGjr
25-05-2008, 12:02 PM

I'm not sure why you would even ask the question? IMO, He's actually had a good debut season and given his age and size he was always going to take a season or two to establish himself. Some players like Chris Masten and Rhys Palmer etc were ready to play in their first season but Grant was never viewed in that same light.

ledge
25-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Apolgies Alexxx, i am a bit protective of Tiller and what you wrote didnt say it was 3rd quarter based, can i ask though the niggling bit is part of footy, its a main part of the game we all do it or did, thats why i asked do you know much, sorry i must have been fired up.
Yeah commentators talk rot sometimes but i didnt hear that bit about 4 goals kicked on him ( musta been having a pee)

Bulldog Revolution
25-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Second season, 19 y.o. Not REALLY worried, no.

And he's coming off a break in his leg right, Minson took a while to get back after that also. Once the conditioning of his legs gets back up to speed and he adapts to the new coach and new team at Willy he will be fine

I think he's doing pretty well for a lightly built first year forward who is playing senior VFL football and has been handy.

Its very early days in terms of his development. The main thing he is fit and learning how the coaches want him to play.

Sockeye Salmon
25-05-2008, 01:58 PM

He's kicked as many goals this year as Scott Welsh from two less games, so no.

LostDoggy
25-05-2008, 02:15 PM
No, just give him the year at Willy then get him in the gym over pre season.

And get him a haircut from this decade :p

Sockeye Salmon
25-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Brennan Stack has improved with every game he's played.

bornadog
25-05-2008, 02:51 PM

I thought Hill also played a good game.

knowitall
25-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know where I could find stats for these games? I think it was knowitall who gave us some nice stats in last weeks VFL game thread?

Just because you were concerned about the stats I thought I'd give you some..

I spoke to Brad Gotch about it after the game. I know quite a few people who are heavily involved in Williamstown and keep a close eye on the Bulldogs listed players.

O Keefe was quite ordinary, but his work ethic was really good all day. He dropped his head a few times when things weren't working for HIM, even though they were working for the TEAM. Maybe he needs to think about the TEAM before himself? But overall I thought he was dissapointing and really has a lot to work on an improve from todays game, which is good. He had 26 disposals, although 9 were ineffective

Lynch was definitely the worst of the Bulldogs listed players. Didn't have any impact on the game what so ever, and because of his small 67 kilogram frame, did not win any contested ball or get hard ball gets. Because he cannot do this, he really needs to get run into his game. This was not evident in today's game. Maybe back to two's next week for a player such as Sam Reid. Only 10 touches today, which is definitely not enough for the roll Williamstown need him playing, and the rool Western Bulldogs would like him to play.

Grant was good I thought. Although he only had 8 disposals, and kicked two goals in a winning game, he's presence around the contest was terrific, and his blocking and tackling has really lifted since the week before. He should stay in for another week or two to finally prove what he can do. I know he can take plenty of marks, as he was the leading contested marking player in last years Under 18 TAC Cup at the end of the year.

McDougall was great in the first half, until he got injured. Really stuck on his direct opponent all day, went for a few more marks, spoiled well all day and tried to run from defence. His injury is not so bad, although he will miss 2-3 weeks, maybe more depending on the results on scans he has today. Cartledge damage in his right knee.

Ward was by far the best of the Bulldogs listed players. He had 30 disposals playing as a high half forward flanker, sneaking into centre square bounces at times. And his disposals were very good. He only turned the ball over crucially twice, and worked hard pushing back to help out the defence both times. 27 of his 30 possessions were effective and he had 5 effective tackles, and 3 blocks which is a part of his game he needed to work on. IMO he is ready to take the next step.

Tiller was fantastic to be honest. Didn't get too much of the ball (19 possessions) but stuck to his job all day. Got moved on to a dangerous Box Hill forward, and held him goaless. Ran hard from defence and provided alot of dash Willi needed.

Skipper out for 8 weeks minimum. Definitely torn a medial ligament in his right knee, could be worse. Scans today and tomorrow will tell us whether he misses 8-10 or 10-12 months. Very bad news for all.

Harbrow did some nice work, really has great confidence and is playing in a league of his own. Not too sure about his disposals but definitely did enough to prove he is yet again ready for the Bulldogs.

Stack was really good, his best game so far this season. His last three-four weeks has been very promising and I am so glad he is stepping up and showing great signs that he can play the game, very well too. He seems very comfortable out there, has natural athleticism, a great build and quite some pace on him. Really good from half back, and I'd like to see what he can do playing as a deep forward line player. Very promising today.

GVGjr
25-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Stack was really good, his best game so far this season. His last three-four weeks has been very promising and I am so glad he is stepping up and showing great signs that he can play the game, very well too. He seems very comfortable out there, has natural athleticism, a great build and quite some pace on him. Really good from half back, and I'd like to see what he can do playing as a deep forward line player. Very promising today.

He does seem to be making progress and I guess a move to the forward line is always an option for him. At the moment thought he seems to be a natural as a mid sized attacking defender.

hujsh
25-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Please PM me where you got those stats.

I...need....Willy info (not that Willy if that's what your thinking)

knowitall
25-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I didn't get these stats from viewing any website or anything.

I have a look at the stats sheet after every game

Dogs 24/7
25-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Brennan Stack has improved with every game he's played.

He is a very exciting player and hopefully he will crack it for a game soon. I wonder if he would be ready to play on Cyril Rioli?

Dogs 24/7
25-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Skipper out for 8 weeks minimum. Definitely torn a medial ligament in his right knee, could be worse. Scans today and tomorrow will tell us whether he misses 8-10 or 10-12 months. Very bad news for all.

I like Skipper but I feel as though this will end his career at the Dogs. He had been playing OK and might have had a chance to get into the senior side so an injury like this is a shocker for him.

Sockeye Salmon
25-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Just because you were concerned about the stats I thought I'd give you some...

... Very promising today.

Thanks for that. Fantastic info, much appreciated.

hujsh
25-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't get these stats from viewing any website or anything.

I have a look at the stats sheet after every game

Ah. Cheers then for sharing

Scorlibo
25-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Yea thanks for that knowitall:)

Bulldog Revolution
25-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Watched the second half again and thought the young dogs (Ward, OKeefe, Harbrow, Stack, Tiller) were better than I'd thought first watch

I'm pleased with how they are developing and have faith in the set up at Willy to keep them moving in the right direction.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2008, 11:41 PM
O'Keefe had plenty of the ball but his disposal needs to drastically improve if he's going to be a player. Only seen him a couple of times, perhaps it was an off day, but it wasn't great. He's racking up the possessions at least, so I'm sure he'll improve.

Harbrow looks sharp as I've mentioned elsewhere. His ability to shrug off tackles is impressive and his side steps make him hard to tackle. He's an exciting player and looks ready for another crack with The Dogs. We could do with his zip & defensive pressure too.

Stack is improving a fair bit - really happy with his progress. He looked ordinary when I saw him at the beginning of the year but he's looking good now. His run & carry is impressive, he's taking them on and generally has good skills. He's got a fair leap too. Needs to keep this type of form up and he'll crack a game or two at some point this year.

Ward is all class, he's going to be a quality player. Surely will debut pretty soon - he's in the bests almost every week he actually plays. He's a strong mark & he doesn't waste his possessions. Great skills on either foot and is footy-smart too. Pick 19 seems to be quite a bargain at this stage.

LostDoggy
26-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I like Skipper but I feel as though this will end his career at the Dogs. He had been playing OK and might have had a chance to get into the senior side so an injury like this is a shocker for him.
I'd almost agree with that.
Bad luck for the bloke.

Bulldog Revolution
26-05-2008, 08:15 AM
O'Keefe had plenty of the ball but his disposal needs to drastically improve if he's going to be a player. Only seen him a couple of times, perhaps it was an off day, but it wasn't great. He's racking up the possessions at least, so I'm sure he'll improve.

From what I've seen normally Guy is very clever by foot. In previous games its been a real highlight of his game the way he cleverly chooses options going forward. He's reminded me of Gia the way he has cleverly sized it up across half forward and then put it to our players advantage. He was a bit down on Saturday but kept working hard and will bounce back

Desipura
26-05-2008, 09:25 AM
He does seem to be making progress and I guess a move to the forward line is always an option for him. At the moment thought he seems to be a natural as a mid sized attacking defender.
Stacky reminds me of Magic McLean. I dont know whether it is the number 19 on his back (wore at Brisbane) or just they way he gets out of traffic with that "schimmie" that magic was renowned for.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for your report knowitall - very detailed and informative.

camwoof
26-05-2008, 01:36 PM
does anyone think we will go with the three ruckman Hudson, Minson and Street at any stage through the year?

ledge
26-05-2008, 02:13 PM
does anyone think we will go with the three ruckman Hudson, Minson and Street at any stage through the year?

I dont see why not, none of our ruckman are around the ground big grab players, but Street is tall and could probably win the ruck contests, dont think i have seen Hudson tried in the forward line yet, he has a big body, dont see why all our ruckman cant be rotated through fullforward, bench and ruck.
Does that sound like a good idea, i mean why are we pin pointing Minson as the only one.
Why not create 3 options depending on who we are playing against and best options.
I dont see any negatives to it.

Sockeye Salmon
26-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I dont see why not, none of our ruckman are around the ground big grab players, but Street is tall and could probably win the ruck contests, dont think i have seen Hudson tried in the forward line yet, he has a big body, dont see why all our ruckman cant be rotated through fullforward, bench and ruck.
Does that sound like a good idea, i mean why are we pin pointing Minson as the only one.
Why not create 3 options depending on who we are playing against and best options.
I dont see any negatives to it.

What about the bit about us getting run off our feet with three big lumbering ruckmen in the side.

ledge
26-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Ha ha Sockeye i like that , but there is such thing as a bench dont have to have them on all the time.
We have too many small blokes of the same category too at times, i did say according to opposition.
Wouldnt have hurt to have Hudson or Street standing in front ,blocking off Thommo or Petrie, like Grant used to do and what i think Everitt is being groomed for.
I remember Dempsey and Wynd were experts at it.

Mantis
26-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Ha ha Sockeye i like that , but there is such thing as a bench dont have to have them on all the time.
We have too many small blokes of the same category too at times, i did say according to opposition.
Wouldnt have hurt to have Hudson or Street standing in front ,blocking off Thommo or Petrie, like Grant used to do and what i think Everitt is being groomed for.
I remember Dempsey and Wynd were experts at it.

The game has changed ledge.

If our ruckman stood in the hole the opposition would use there ruckman as an offensive weapon.

bornadog
26-05-2008, 06:09 PM
What about the bit about us getting run off our feet with three big lumbering ruckmen in the side.

How about one stays in the goal square ie Minson, and Hudson and Street interchange??

Sockeye Salmon
26-05-2008, 06:14 PM
How about one stays in the goal square ie Minson, and Hudson and Street interchange??

Which means we have one less runner on the bench making it harder to run out final quarters.

bornadog
26-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Which means we have one less runner on the bench making it harder to run out final quarters.

Drop Wight and bring in a runner.:)

Sockeye Salmon
26-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Drop Wight and bring in a runner.:)

Someone would have to get dropped for Street to come in. I'd much rather Wight be replaced with another runner.