PDA

View Full Version : Making the trip to Tassie this week?

DOG GOD
27-05-2008, 10:05 AM
As this game is in my own backyard, i was just wondering who's who of WOOF is making the trip down to see the game against the hawks?

BRING IT ON!!!

Rocket Science
27-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Am indeed heading to the clash...maiden voyage to the Apple Isle no less, a disgrace of sorts I've been told given 3+ decades on this fair earth. Looking forward to having a brief gander around Launny.

Anyway, much like the Sydney game this clearly shapes as a big big test and one that'll have significant bearing on our 2008 report card to date. Am as interested in how we attempt to handle them this week as much as the result.

Sedat
27-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll be there - it's the first interstate Dogs game I'll be going to since we beat Brisbane in the Gabba monsoon in 1999.

Go_Dogs
27-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I was going to go, but couldn't end up sorting out the financial side of things...bit disappointing. Haven't been to Tassie before and it should be a ripper.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever taken the Spirit of Tasmania over?

LostDoggy
27-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Not going to Tassie however the Canberra Trip is booked and paid for so looking forward to that.

Will be a cracker of a game looking forward to it.

DOG GOD
27-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Am indeed heading to the clash...maiden voyage to the Apple Isle no less, a disgrace of sorts I've been told given 3+ decades on this fair earth. Looking forward to having a brief gander around Launny.

Anyway, much like the Sydney game this clearly shapes as a big big test and one that'll have significant bearing on our 2008 report card to date. Am as interested in how we attempt to handle them this week as much as the result.

Absolutely, will be a REAL test for us this week thats for sure. Im very keen to see how our midfield holds up in the strength dept against the likes of sewell and mitchell. Lucky for us hodge will miss ;)

Also, how eade pits our defense against their fwds. Buddy, rough, williams and rioli should provide plenty of headaches. Just hoping we are up for the challenge.

Will be a real test of character for our boys.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll be there - it's the first interstate Dogs game I'll be going to since we beat Brisbane in the Gabba monsoon in 1999.
I wont be there, but like you Sedat, I went to that Gabba clash, sitting in the outer as in teemed down & the Gabba enforcing its 'no brollies' policy. Took a week to dry out after that.

dogman
27-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I'll be there. Can't wait to beat the Hawks:rolleyes:

Whats the best place to catch up before or after the game for drinks?

easybeat
27-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I can't believe I'll actually be in Launceston and won't be going.
My band is playing in Launy on the Friday night, but leaving for the Saturday night show in Hobart at around 2 (game time).......AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

DOG GOD
27-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I can't believe I'll actually be in Launceston and won't be going.
My band is playing in Launy on the Friday night, but leaving for the Saturday night show in Hobart at around 2 (game time).......AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Music would be the ONLY thing that would keep me from a dogs game, so u are forgiven easybeat :D

easybeat
27-05-2008, 12:55 PM
If anyone likes their rock music more on the Indie/punk side (ie:Nirvana, Husker Du, Dinosaur Jnr, Fugazi)
They should come down to The Commercial Hotel in George St for a few ales, some tunes and some footy chat.
Someone needs to talk me into hiring a car and going to the game.........

aker39
27-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Join selected Western Bulldogs players and coaches on the eve of the Round 10 game against Hawthorn at the official Tasmanian Supporter Group pre-match function.

When: Friday 30 May, 2008
Time: 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Where: Hotel Tasmania, 191 Charles Street Launceston
Cost: $5, redeemable for raffle tickets (Supporter Group and Western Bulldogs members price only)

Western Bulldogs supporters (ie non Western Bulldogs and Supporter Group members) who wish to attend can do so but are encouraged to take up Supporter Group membership for a small annual fee of $15, entitling them to a Supporter Group membership. This is a great opportunity to rub shoulders with your favourite Bulldogs players after the big game. See you there!

LostDoggy
27-05-2008, 06:44 PM
wont be goin to launceston myself, enquired too late and woulda cost about $550 overnight..

Im off to Darwin, Canberra & Adelaide though :D and possibly Brisbane but im missing the game of the season! - ill have to be front row of my tv :)

bornadog
27-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever taken the Spirit of Tasmania over?

Once on a school trip for the return journey. I don't sail very well so that was the last time.

Mantis
27-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm heading down.. Looking forward to a good game.

The Coon Dog
27-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm heading down.. Looking forward to a good game.

Taking the sticks?

Mantis
27-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Taking the sticks?

Yep.... Playing at Barnbougle on Sunday, will be nursing a nasty hang over, but I am looking forward to it.

On that Tiger airways charge $30 to carry your clubs... Rip off merchants.

LostDoggy
27-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately I can't make the trip up to Launceston on Saturday. We even have a corporate box for work!! I will however be sneaking a look at home on Fox.

Geez I'd love a win. It would really make up for the loss against North. We probably would have penciled in a win against North and a loss against Hawthorn so it would be great to get up. I hate Hawthorn, they think they're bigger than The Beatles!

LostDoggy
28-05-2008, 12:14 AM
My home city so will be great to watch Doggies without having to fly to Melbourne.

Am looking at Aurora Stadium through my window as I type. Cool eh?

Sedat
28-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I wont be there, but like you Sedat, I went to that Gabba clash, sitting in the outer as in teemed down & the Gabba enforcing its 'no brollies' policy. Took a week to dry out after that.
I was there for the weekend and it did not stop belting down for 3 days straight. I've never seen more constant or heavier rain like it before or since.

I also managed to park in the back yard of the house that Tony Leonard always talks about when he gos to the Gabba - $8 for the night in someone's back yard around the corner from the ground. Also managed to get into the game for free with my AFL membership - gate staff there had no idea :D

craigsahibee
29-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info aker39. On the 3:50 from Tulla (Richo Airways) so should be there in time.

Mantis
29-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the info aker39. On the 3:50 from Tulla (Richo Airways) so should be there in time.

Me too...

lowedog
29-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm going with 2 hawks buddies. Will be interesting. hopefully tasting the wonderful ales that the apple Isle has to offer(plenty of them!)

LostDoggy
29-05-2008, 08:09 PM
James Squire

Say no more :)

The Underdog
30-05-2008, 01:04 AM
If anyone likes their rock music more on the Indie/punk side (ie:Nirvana, Husker Du, Dinosaur Jnr, Fugazi)
They should come down to The Commercial Hotel in George St for a few ales, some tunes and some footy chat.
Someone needs to talk me into hiring a car and going to the game.........

Sounds right up my alley easybeat, unfortunately I don't fly in until Saturday morning.

On the other side, this will be my daughter's first game (and first flight, first trip out of the state and lots of other firsts). Mum's a Hawks supporter but she's a Dogs member and I plan to keep her that way.

DOG GOD
30-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to wish all who are flying down a safe trip and an enjoyable one.

Lets all make plenty of noise for the red, white and blue. :)

aker39
31-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Go and get smashed tonight all you lucky Doggy supporters in Tassie.

Mantis
01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Go and get smashed tonight all you lucky Doggy supporters in Tassie.

I did, just got back now... Awesome trip.

Went to the after-match function and had a quick chat to Rocket who was very happy with our performance.

Sedat
02-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Just got back. Bloody sensational day at the footy. I must say the atmosphere at Aurora is terrific, it has a similar vibe to Princes Park (which I used to love going to in the late 90's) albeit smaller. Hawthorn have a very good thing going there.

I'm now 2 from 2 interstate.

aker39
02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I did, just got back now... Awesome trip.

Went to the after-match function and had a quick chat to Rocket who was very happy with our performance.

How'd the golf go.

Mantis
02-06-2008, 09:52 PM
How'd the golf go.

Great... Awesome course.

Quite a few Dog's fans there too... All had beaming smile's., most were wiped off after treking around a tough course.

The pro told me that Gia & Aker played there during the All Star game break.

The Underdog
05-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Just got back. Bloody sensational day at the footy. I must say the atmosphere at Aurora is terrific, it has a similar vibe to Princes Park (which I used to love going to in the late 90's) albeit smaller. Hawthorn have a very good thing going there.

I'm now 2 from 2 interstate.

Only got back late Tuesday night (bloody Melbourne fog) so I've been catching up on the posts about the game. Agree Sedat, it reminded me of Princes Park too and it was a beautiful day for football. Was great to walk to the game from town, stop for a beverage and walk into an old school ground (althought the security guards looked twice at the stroller). I had a bit of trouble keeping one eye on the game and one on my 9 month old who pretty much cracked it before half time. Fortunately the better half took her for a walk in the 3rd quarter. It definitely makes it worth the trip to have a good win like that.
Enjoyed a couple of days driving around the north west, visiting a few wineries and trying to find places to eat in Launceston on a Sunday night :).