PDA

View Full Version : Hudson's Report

NoseBleed
09-06-2008, 02:31 AM
The CombOver reported Hudson for striking with 5:22 to go in the 2nd quarter, took his big important self all the way into the center to do it, held up a center bounce.

Looked pretty soft to me, swung a forearm with a clenched fist into Montagne's bread basket from behind.

Typical ComeOver, didn't call it at the time, but bobs up to be the center of attention later.

NoseBleed.

bornadog
09-06-2008, 02:41 PM
The CombOver reported Hudson for striking with 5:22 to go in the 2nd quarter, took his big important self all the way into the center to do it, held up a center bounce.

Looked pretty soft to me, swung a forearm with a clenched fist into Montagne's bread basket from behind.

Typical ComeOver, didn't call it at the time, but bobs up to be the center of attention later.

NoseBleed.

Agree it was very soft and Hudson will say he was trying to tackle Montagna from behind and he swung his arm to grab him.

Sockeye Salmon
09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Agree it was very soft and Hudson will say he was trying to tackle Montagna from behind and he swung his arm to grab him.

The only problem was that it was a bit late as well.

I predict guilty, 125 points reduced to 93 with an early plea.

Mantis
09-06-2008, 06:35 PM
The only problem was that it was a bit late as well.

I predict guilty, 125 points reduced to 93 with an early plea.

Close, he will get 93.75 with an early plea.

Go_Dogs
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Close, he will get 93.75 with an early plea.

I tend to agree. It was fairly late, so most likely will get some points. Don't think it was terribly forceful and Montagna looked surprised when the umpire took down his details, so pretty obvious that he didn't think there was much in it.

DOG GOD
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM
this on AFL.com

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

LostDoggy
09-06-2008, 07:23 PM
wat a joke.
it was barely anything, yet he gets more than Goodes

DOG GOD
09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
wat a joke.
it was barely anything, yet he gets more than Goodes

the AFL need to look after their lovechild remember (sydney) and to do that need their best players playing. Wonder what Leigh Matthews would be saying right now. ;)

hujsh
09-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Didn't Goodes have carryover points?

I thought the AFL would suspend him so they can say there's no preferential treatment

The Coon Dog
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Didn't Goodes have carryover points?

You only retain your carryover points for 12 months. Goodes points ran out after round 5 this season.

BulldogBelle
09-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I can't beleive Hudson got a reprimand and that his 'indiscretion' in the eyes of the MRP was deemed worse than Adam Goodes. Goodes is becomming quite the 'protected species" these days.

Was out to lunch with friends today and the subject of Goodes came up and I casually mentioned that the sniper Goodes would get off again - a friend (Carlton supporter) said "Well, he is the cheap shot Libba of the 2000's had a chuckle over that and casually I bit back and said "Oh, a bit like Fev of late? It was an interesting conversation to say the least.

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I can't beleive Hudson got a reprimand and that his 'indiscretion' in the eyes of the MRP was deemed worse than Adam Goodes. Goodes is becomming quite the 'protected species" these days.

Was out to lunch with friends today and the subject of Goodes came up and I casually mentioned that the sniper Goodes would get off again - a friend (Carlton supporter) said "Well, he is the cheap shot Libba of the 2000's had a chuckle over that and casually I bit back and said "Oh, a bit like Fev of late? It was an interesting conversation to say the least.

Sounds awkward but funny. The Sydney thing is annoying, at the time I was happy Hall got off to play in that GF, I was thinking 'if Sydney can win this flag, maybe the AFL will get over it and stop looking after them.' Not so sure it's panned out that way. Honestly, Baz should have been sucking em back in the stands that day.

Carlton fans would be loving yesterday's last quarter.

BulldogBelle
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
The Sydney thing is annoying, at the time I was happy Hall got off to play in that GF, I was thinking 'if Sydney can win this flag, maybe the AFL will get over it and stop looking after them.' Not so sure it's panned out that way. Honestly, Baz should have been sucking em back in the stands that day.

I have never been a big fan of Sydney - don't like Roos, hate their game style, not a fan of Goodes all these things really put me off the team. Hall as you pointed out should've been sitting in the stands that day the old cliche "Do the crime, do the time" or something like that. :)

Carlton fans would be loving yesterday's last quarter.

Definitely, according to my friend "Judd has singlehandedly transformed the team", he has helped but I reminded him that there were 21 other players on the field at the same time as Judd.

Anyway, getting back to the topic - I am glad Hudson will be able to play this week, even though the reprimand was dished out to him - he should never have received it.

Mantis
09-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Definitely, according to my friend "Judd has singlehandedly transformed the team", he has helped but I reminded him that there were 21 other players on the field at the same time as Judd.

Carlton cheating again, Vlad will not be happy that there interchange rules are not working.

BulldogBelle
09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Carlton cheating again, Vlad will not be happy that there interchange rules are not working.

Ooooops a typo I meant to say another 17 players on the field. Good pick up! ;)

hujsh
09-06-2008, 11:55 PM
I just saw Goodes incident and it was worse than Murphy's but Murphy isn't the Aboriginal superstar dual brownlow medalist of the chosen team

mjp
10-06-2008, 01:22 AM
I cannot believe Goodes got off, but the penalty applied to Hudson is correct. There wasn't much in it, but it was very late and seemed to be a swing arm/clenched fist to the body....it came in the midst of some general ill-discipline by the team in the first half of Sunday's game...the umpires were annoying, but 25 kicks to 13 against the victorious side generally points to some silly, cheap kicks.

With Goodes, I tend to think that if there is an agenda it might be more related to the consecutive games record than to anything Sydney the side are doing...I mean, imagine the publicity!

alwaysadog
10-06-2008, 06:19 AM
I cannot believe Goodes got off, but the penalty applied to Hudson is correct. There wasn't much in it, but it was very late and seemed to be a swing arm/clenched fist to the body....it came in the midst of some general ill-discipline by the team in the first half of Sunday's game...the umpires were annoying, but 25 kicks to 13 against the victorious side generally points to some silly, cheap kicks.

With Goodes, I tend to think that if there is an agenda it might be more related to the consecutive games record than to anything Sydney the side are doing...I mean, imagine the publicity!

Yes, Hudson deserved what he got. A silly undisciplined response to vent his frustrations; more maturity needed if he is to do well in finals.

Doesn't make it any the easier to see what Goodes got, no matter what the reason. Gee the game is going bad when we need to manufacture headlines.

Go_Dogs
10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
So, given this weeks reports with Goodes, I'm gathering if poor little Ellis didn't have a bloody nose, Murph would not have gone down?

Also, how is the Goodes incident any different to that of say, Burton's? I've only seen brief replays of the Goodes incident, but he connected pretty forcibly to someones head which was over the ball. Has to be weeks!

Sockeye Salmon
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
So, given this weeks reports with Goodes, I'm gathering if poor little Ellis didn't have a bloody nose, Murph would not have gone down?

Also, how is the Goodes incident any different to that of say, Burton's? I've only seen brief replays of the Goodes incident, but he connected pretty forcibly to someones head which was over the ball. Has to be weeks!

I thought Goodes was exactly the same as Waters.

Go_Dogs
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I thought Goodes was exactly the same as Waters.

Haven't seen the Waters one, but I imagine all three incidents are fairly similar in that it was high contact, albeit incidental.

Perhaps I should spend the summer inventing a new tribunal system.

Topdog
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I have watched about 6 different sports news program, AFL winners, On The Couch but am still yet to see what the bloody hell Hudson did.

I have the game on my PC though so will watch it again tonight

Rach
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I can't believe Goodes got off. :rolleyes:
Glad that Huddo got off, but can't fully understand why he was reported in the first place.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
agreed, it is bloody ridiculous what Goodes has managed to get away with. I am sick and tired of the AFL looking after Sydney.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I am still in awe of how Goodes got off. The Swans must have the best lawyers going around because when i saw the incident i instantly thought 4 or 5, especially after Bourgoyne got 3 weeks after something less serious.

For all the conspiracy theorists out there do you think the AFL could be having a work to the match review panel? I bet the AFL would love nothing more than to see Goodes break Jim Stynes record especially after Goodes is an Aboriginal.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Nothing against Goodesy personally -- love the way he plays -- but when he does break the record the AFL will make a big song and dance about it while the average punter pukes at the sappy sentimentality and wink knowingly about how he got there. His record will be Murali-like in the sense that there will always be a big-ass asterisk against it .. you just know fifteen years from now when they bring it up on talkback someone or two will call up and remind us all of all the times he escaped the tribunal.

It's not a record I would want.

Twodogs
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
I have watched about 6 different sports news program, AFL winners, On The Couch but am still yet to see what the bloody hell Hudson did.

I have the game on my PC though so will watch it again tonight

From memory he fell away from a marking contest and well after his opponent had taken the mark swung his fist in the direction of the ball, which being safely held to the players chest, meant that all Hudson managed to do was punch him in the guts. The fact that he hit him with a force that rated somewhere between fairyfloss and girly didnt matter. It was fairly dumb and the moment I saw it I knew he'd be lucky if he didnt get a week.