PDA

View Full Version : Jumper Clashes

LostDoggy
15-06-2008, 07:06 PM
For all the AFL's hoo ha on teams having a clash top, they let Collingwood wearing black backs play Carlton wearing navy blue.
The Port Vs Cats was a stuff up up too. Both had light coloured tops that was hard to distinguish on TV.
Yesterday they wouldn't let Brisbane wear the old red 70's Fitzroy tops (instead of those horrible pee stain tops) in a game where we wore most blue.

That AFL logic I guess.

1eyedog
16-06-2008, 05:31 PM
For all the AFL's hoo ha on teams having a clash top, they let Collingwood wearing black backs play Carlton wearing navy blue.
The Port Vs Cats was a stuff up up too. Both had light coloured tops that was hard to distinguish on TV.
Yesterday they wouldn't let Brisbane wear the old red 70's Fitzroy tops (instead of those horrible pee stain tops) in a game where we wore most blue.

That AFL logic I guess.

I was thinking the same thing as I caught the tram to the G on Saturday. There was a Lions supporter wearing a new version of the old Fitzroy jumper and it's mostly a really bright maroon. I was thinking why are Lions wearing a white strip today? Our main color is royal blue, there shouldn't be any clash plus I quite like seeing the old Fitzroy jumper getting around.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 08:50 PM
The reason for this is simple, the AFL are idiots when it comes to clash jumpers. We wore our clash jumper against melbourne earlier in the year, even though there is no real clash between the two. Last week Brisbane had to wear their awful clash jumper against us, instead of their Fitzroy jumper, which does not clash with our jumper at all. This year I think their have been some very stupid decisions by the AFL when it comes to wearing clash jumpers. I would like to hear how exactly some of the jumpers the AFL say clash ,actually do, because im just not seeing how they do in some games.

1eyedog
16-06-2008, 09:02 PM
The reason for this is simple, the AFL are when it comes to teams calsh jumpers. We wore or clash jumper against melbourne earlier in the year, even though there is no real clash. I was very disapointed that Brisbane were going to wear their awful clash jumper. I was looking forwrd to being able to see a Fitzroy style jumper again, because I always have had a soft spot for Fitzroy. Whoever it was that decided that our jumper and the Fitzroy like one, clashes needs to get their eyes checked, before they get into an accident.

I have absolutely no idea what you said here.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you said here.
Yeah sorry about that. I dont know how I managed to miss the fact that not a word of what I wrote made sense.:o

The Pie Man
16-06-2008, 10:19 PM
It gets a bit difficult when the home jumper has a white background, though the AFL again take the weird path with some of these.

They got it right in the prelim & GF's last year with Geelong wearing white shorts with their white background home jumper. On the basis of that, I can't for the life of me understand why North can't wear their home jumper with white shorts against Collingwood's home jumper and black shorts. That...does...not....clash. They're freakin morons.

On Sunday, given it was Collingwood's home game, they're entitled to their normal jumper - mabe Carlton should've worn their white top (which is my favourite clash jumper along with Freo's) I know when Carlton play in their home top and dark shorts, Collingwood in their white background jumper and white shorts is a very good contrast (and looks like the 70's)

Fitzroy jumper of mainly red should be an adequate contrast - save clubs wearing these hideous white things. Liverpool vs Chelsea is red vs blue - no clash.

Don't rate Geelong's clash jumper, but at least it's a dark background (they should do the exact opposite of their normal jumper like Collingwood have instead of that stupid looking cat) Adelaide's is hideous (why did they have to wear theirs against us??) as is Hawthorn's. I'm getting used to ours (for anyone a massive fan of it, please don't take offense) but who do we clash with? Freo & WCE only really...maybe Brisbane

I like the white jumper that The Coon Dog (and I think Ledge) has on his avatar with the stripes down one side as a potential clash jumper for us, looks like the USA soccer top - what top is that guys?

And so ends today's rant

The Coon Dog
16-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I like the white jumper that The Coon Dog (and I think Ledge) has on his avatar with the stripes down one side as a potential clash jumper for us, looks like the USA soccer top - what top is that guys?

This was a pre season jumper we wore in 1979.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/Footscray-PS1.gif

Image found at www.footyjumpers.com

The Pie Man
16-06-2008, 10:33 PM
This was a pre season jumper we wore in 1979.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/Footscray-PS1.gif

Image found at www.footyjumpers.com

Really? Bring those two stripes a little closer together, and you've got yourself a clash jumper.

79, now that's random (I like it)

craigsahibee
17-06-2008, 10:00 AM
It gets a bit difficult when the home jumper has a white background, though the AFL again take the weird path with some of these.

They got it right in the prelim & GF's last year with Geelong wearing white shorts with their white background home jumper. On the basis of that, I can't for the life of me understand why North can't wear their home jumper with white shorts against Collingwood's home jumper and black shorts. That...does...not....clash. They're freakin morons.

On Sunday, given it was Collingwood's home game, they're entitled to their normal jumper - mabe Carlton should've worn their white top (which is my favourite clash jumper along with Freo's) I know when Carlton play in their home top and dark shorts, Collingwood in their white background jumper and white shorts is a very good contrast (and looks like the 70's)

Fitzroy jumper of mainly red should be an adequate contrast - save clubs wearing these hideous white things. Liverpool vs Chelsea is red vs blue - no clash.

Don't rate Geelong's clash jumper, but at least it's a dark background (they should do the exact opposite of their normal jumper like Collingwood have instead of that stupid looking cat) Adelaide's is hideous (why did they have to wear theirs against us??) as is Hawthorn's. I'm getting used to ours (for anyone a massive fan of it, please don't take offense) but who do we clash with? Freo & WCE only really...maybe Brisbane

And so ends today's rant

Apparently Big Head Ed has said he doesn't want to play against Carlton in anything but their traditional navy blue jumper

The Coon Dog
17-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Apparently Big Head Ed has said he doesn't want to play against Carlton in anything but their traditional navy blue jumper

So he's running the comp now, is he?

LostDoggy
17-06-2008, 12:36 PM
So he's running the comp now, is he?

Pfff comp TCD how dare you underestimate the power of Collingwood. Collingwood rules the known universe and as he is in charge of Collingwood it would mean he is charge of the universe.

Soon there won't be an AFL just Collingwood training on weekends.
Leading into 1 vs 100
Followed by who wants to be a Millionare

Channel nine will be the only network world wide and it will only report on all things Collingwood.

The Coon Dog
17-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Pfff comp TCD how dare you underestimate the power of Collingwood. Collingwood rules the known universe and as he is in charge of Collingwood it would mean he is charge of the universe.

Leading into 1 vs 100

Channel nine will be the only network world wide and it will only report on all things Collngwood.

That's pretty black & white!

LostDoggy
17-06-2008, 01:53 PM
That's pretty black & white!

LOL Isn't everything? I'm just happy we have the Land of WOOF where everything is Red White and Blue

hujsh
17-06-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL Isn't everything? I'm just happy we have the Land of WOOF where everything is Red White and Blue

Didn't Collingwood used to be red white and blue? So much for their tradition Eddie.

craigsahibee
17-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Leading into 1 vs 100

Channel nine will be the only network world wide and it will only report on all things Collingwood.

1 vs 100 has been axed from Friday nights.

Did anyone hear Today Tonight's description of Eddie last week as the "failed chief executive". These current affair shows are pathetic.

Bring back Frontline.

The Pie Man
17-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Is that legit?

If that's for real, the AFL should be dead set ashamed of themselves for allowing that to happen. Fair dinkum.

The only deal that should've been allowed to take place is if Eddie said 'alright, we'll play in our away top and shorts with the white background everytime we play Carlton, as that's the best contrast when they're in all navy blue...and of course we get to keep our 'history' with the black & white stripes'

Infuriating.

If Adelaide had to play in their red away top round 1 against us, why the Lions were barred from wearing the Fitzroy jumper on the weekend f&%s me.

LostDoggy
17-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Collingwood brought in the black backs recently (done to get 1 up on Port) or else the clash would be non existant. Why can't they wear the old style pies tops?

Bulldog4life
17-06-2008, 11:21 PM
1 vs 100 has been axed from Friday nights.

Did anyone hear Today Tonight's description of Eddie last week as the "failed chief executive". These current affair shows are pathetic.

Bring back Frontline.

Eddie's pathetic attempt to humanize Roberta Williams on A Current Affair and in the Sunday Herald Sun was very disappointing in my eyes. I thought he was better than that.