PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Geelong Game

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 10:23 AM
How do I go about booking tickets for the Geelong Game?

Can this be done through the club?

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Yup call the club and book through them. 1300 463 641.

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Or Ticketmaster....

On sale 8/7 via the geelong schedule

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/artist/1055634

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for that - all done

First time at the Cattery since we broke through for our first win after losing about there for about 35 years straight.

Will never forget it. Half-way though the final quarter we were getting done....again so we started walking around the ground to an exit on the opposite side where our car was parked.

Walked a few paces - we kick a goal. Walk a few more - we kick another. Walk a few more - we kick another. Now its getting interesting. By the time we get to the other side we are in front and we WIN. Unbloodybelievable. Never thought I would see the day.

Must have been sometime in the seventies.

I remember one game in the middle of our losing streak when at three quarter time we were getting slaughtered. The players gathered together for the 3/4 time huddle and EJ who was captain coach walked straight through the huddle said nothing and went to his position at the opposite end of the ground.

The players stood there nonplussed and then like stray dogs walked to their positions and waited for Geelong to finish their huddle to start the last quarter.

Footy was a bit different then.

It was said that our inability to win down there was because we couldn't handle the travel. Where are we playing this week? Darwin? No worries.

The Coon Dog
24-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Seems like a few of us from WOOF are heading down to the cattery. When we get our tickets we should see if we're near each other.

I booked silver for TCP & myself.

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm on the wing pretty sure that was silver

aker39
24-06-2008, 11:24 AM
TCD, the seats I thought I had in Brownlow stand did not eventuate, so I ended up booking 9 silver seats last week. We should have a good contingent of Woofers there.

bornadog
24-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for that - all done

First time at the Cattery since we broke through for our first win after losing about there for about 35 years straight.

Will never forget it. Half-way though the final quarter we were getting done....again so we started walking around the ground to an exit on the opposite side where our car was parked.

Walked a few paces - we kick a goal. Walk a few more - we kick another. Walk a few more - we kick another. Now its getting interesting. By the time we get to the other side we are in front and we WIN. Unbloodybelievable. Never thought I would see the day.

Must have been sometime in the seventies.

I remember one game in the middle of our losing streak when at three quarter time we were getting slaughtered. The players gathered together for the 3/4 time huddle and EJ who was captain coach walked straight through the huddle said nothing and went to his position at the opposite end of the ground.

The players stood there nonplussed and then like stray dogs walked to their positions and waited for Geelong to finish their huddle to start the last quarter.

Footy was a bit different then.

It was said that our inability to win down there was because we couldn't handle the travel. Where are we playing this week? Darwin? No worries.

EJ never won down there in all his playing days. The home ground advantage was unbelievable in the old suburb grounds.

bornadog
24-06-2008, 12:01 PM
TCD, the seats I thought I had in Brownlow stand did not eventuate, so I ended up booking 9 silver seats last week. We should have a good contingent of Woofers there.

Did you get those tickets through Ticketmaster or the club?

aker39
24-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Did you get those tickets through Ticketmaster or the club?

The club - 1300 GO DOGS

Mantis
24-06-2008, 12:24 PM
When do the standing room tickets come on sale?

aker39
24-06-2008, 12:32 PM

8th July

The Coon Dog
24-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Couldn't find a corporate box? :)

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Please don't forget that the Barwon Bulldogs will be having an Aftermatch Function at St Mary's Clubrooms (in the grounds of KP). Admission is $5.00 which will buy you a ticket in our raffle. Food and drink on sale too. Players will be in attendance. If we win it should be an absolutely super function.
When we won there for the first time in a long while (about 2002?) with Terry Wallace, everybody came back - Werribee players and coaches, Bulldog players and coaches and of course David Smorgon. They couldn't keep the smiles off their faces.
Go Doggies!

hujsh
24-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I won't even have to pay!:D

But will have to sit with some Cat members:(

My Nan who's been a supporter since she was about 14 (is about 70 now) won't be there so I'll use her ticket

The Coon Dog
24-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Please don't forget that the Barwon Bulldogs will be having an Aftermatch Function at St Mary's Clubrooms (in the grounds of KP). Admission is $5.00 which will buy you a ticket in our raffle. Food and drink on sale too. Players will be in attendance. If we win it should be an absolutely super function.
When we won there for the first time in a long while (about 2002?) with Terry Wallace, everybody came back - Werribee players and coaches, Bulldog players and coaches and of course David Smorgon. They couldn't keep the smiles off their faces.
Go Doggies!

Do you need to book, or is it just roll up?

As we were going to the game on Sunday along Footscray Road we pulled up at a set of lights right next to the Barwon Bulldogs Bus. Would have been a nice trip home.

LostDoggy
25-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you need to book, or is it just roll up?

As we were going to the game on Sunday along Footscray Road we pulled up at a set of lights right next to the Barwon Bulldogs Bus. Would have been a nice trip home.

Just turn up after the game and pay at the door.

You're right - twas a very happy trip home!

bornadog
27-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Booked tickets today. I asked how many tickets available she seem to think they had plenty left.

Super 27
27-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Go Doggies!

I purchased the silver tickets on the wing. First time i have been down to Kardinia Park for a while. Looking forward to the after match function as well....be even better if we get over the line

bornadog
27-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I purchased the silver tickets on the wing. First time i have been down to Kardinia Park for a while. Looking forward to the after match function as well....be even better if we get over the line

Yeah I went Silver as well. I have previously mainly stood behind the goals.

In the 80's we use to stand on the Wing. The best game was in 1985 when we won there for the first time in about 30 plus years.

Footscray..... 7.3 12.6 17.8 23.8 146
Geelong..... 7.9 10.13 14.19 17.22 124

I think that was the game where Peter Foster ran through Stoneham and knocked him out.

Beasley kicked seven and Gary Ablett 5. (Lets hope jnr doesn't follow in dads steps)

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Add another 4 to the silver wing:D

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I managed to get the out of some another commitment:), so I will be going, but will have to watch from the standing room :(. Im really looking forward to going, its going to be a great game.

The Coon Dog
02-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Geelong game ticketing information (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=62558)

The LeasePlan Western Bulldogs would love to see all our supporters at our game against Geelong at Skilled Stadium on 19th July however tickets are limited and we encourage you to get in quick to secure a seat.

All 17 game Adult, Concession and Junior members have access to this game as part of their package. As this game is likely to be sold out, all members are advised to pre-book an entry ticket which will guarantee them access to the ground.

Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster (Phone: 1300 136 122 Web: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/ ) . A booking fee ($3.40 for adults & $1.20 for juniors) will apply. Tickets go on sale at 9:00am Tuesday 8th July 2008.

There may be a limited number of members who can access the ground by scanning their membership at the ground but we strongly advise all members to pre-book their admission ticket.

All 11 game, Long Distance and Multi 3 members must purchase a reserved seat entry ticket through Ticketmaster prior to the match Tickets go on sale at 9:00am Tuesday 8th July through Ticketmaster (Phone: 1300 136 122 Web: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/ ).
All 2008 17 game Cheer Squad members will need to register for a ticket to this game by calling our Membership Services Centre on 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47). Registrations close at 5pm Monday 14th July 2008. Members will need to quote the membership numbers and barcodes of all members requiring a ticket.

PLEASE NOTE: Our Club allocation of reserved seats is already sold-out!

aker39
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
PLEASE NOTE: Our Club allocation of reserved seats is already sold-out!

...after being bought by a lot of WOOF members.

LostDoggy
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Indeed I am glad I got mine when I did. I can't wait to get over this weekend of footy Got the Melbourne game then the Cats and then the trip up to the ACT hopefully 3 wins from 3 starts would be nice.

bornadog
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
don't forget, standing room tickets go on sale tomorrow.

aker39
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Sold Out

Mantis
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I got my standing room tickets this morning.

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Dammit, didnt end up getting seats

Paying for Standing Room? No Thanks

Front row of my TV will have to do for this one..

bornadog
08-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Paying for Standing Room? No Thanks .

Nothing like being there.

Twodogs
08-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Nothing like being there.

And standing up is the best way to watch footy. Understand alexxx's point about not paying to do it though. But I did. Gladly

I got my standing room tickets this morning.

See you in the outer mate.

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Lol i live in melton

I am happy to travel interstate, but 90mins to geelong to stand when i can watch it on tv? No wayy jose!

Mantis
08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
See you in the outer mate.

Looking forward to it, shoulding be a cracking game...

Generation Y have it a bit to easy with the modern stadiums, nothing better than standing at the footy amongst supporters from both teams.

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Generation Y have it a bit to easy with the modern stadiums, nothing better than standing at the footy amongst supporters from both teams.

Don't lie :D

I loved the memories as well.

Pembleton
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
And standing up is the best way to watch footy. Understand alexxx's point about not paying to do it though. But I did. Gladly

Not yet you didn't. :)

The chance to watch the Dogs in a geniune top of the ladder match doesn't come often. Since i have been a regular at games (about 1990) i reckon this is only the 4th time its happened. Geelong 1992 KP, Geelong 1997 PP, North Melbourne 1998 MCG, and now Geelong 2008 KP.

Actually there may have been a Saints one at Waverley in the late 90's too, i remember it being dubbed the july grand final.

Anyway, it is bloody rare, and that its at the only remaining oldschool VFL venue, and i will be standing in the outer to watch it, only adds to the sense of occasion.

bornadog
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Not yet you didn't. :)

The chance to watch the Dogs in a geniune top of the ladder match doesn't come often. Since i have been a regular at games (about 1990) i reckon this is only the 4th time its happened. Geelong 1992 KP, Geelong 1997 PP, North Melbourne 1998 MCG, and now Geelong 2008 KP.

Actually there may have been a Saints one at Waverley in the late 90's too, i remember it being dubbed the july grand final.

Anyway, it is bloody rare, and that its at the only remaining oldschool VFL venue, and i will be standing in the outer to watch it, only adds to the sense of occasion.

and the grannies behind the scoreboard serving the half decent food (or use to) instead of the rubbish from the Dome and G.

Twodogs
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM

The truly great thing about standing rather than sitting is during the course of a game you can cover a fair bit of territory and give many more prople the benefit of your observations. If you're just sat there then it's only the people immediately around you who get to enkoy them.

Don't lie :D

I loved the memories as well.

Nope. I'd genuinely prefer to stand than sit. Hanging over the fence in Darwin was worth the trip alone.

Pembleton
10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
My group of tickets came today too. Standing room.

Twodogs
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
My group of tickets came today too. Standing room.

'Gary Ablett Standing Area' if you dont mind!

Mantis
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
'Gary Ablett Standing Area' if you dont mind!

Jnr or Snr??

LostDoggy
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm in Bay 2, Row B, Doug Wade Stand.

NoName
10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm in Bay 2, Row B, Doug Wade Stand.

Gee, what a surprise, so am I!!:rolleyes:

Super 27
10-07-2008, 10:18 PM
G. Ablett stand Bay 11...anyone else near by. I was told i would be on the wing? I not a big fan of sitting behind the goals.....maybe it is because i am spolit with my level 2 seats on the wing at TD.

Beggers can't be chosers!

ledge
10-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Watergardens hotel downstairs, big screen, cheaper beer, warm and comfy, heap of doggie supporters and free entry.
Alternative: long drive, watch game in can of sardine atmosphere, freezing your butt off, paying twice as much for a light beer and giving your money to the cats.
Then trying to get past all the sooky cat supporters when they lose and fight ur way back down geelong road.
My god i hate that place with a passion.

SonofScray
11-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Gee, what a surprise, so am I!!:rolleyes:

So am I! Won't this be a lovely day out.

Desipura
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I will be in the Pivotonians room level 2

aker39
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
G. Ablett stand Bay 11...anyone else near by. I was told i would be on the wing? I not a big fan of sitting behind the goals.....maybe it is because i am spolit with my level 2 seats on the wing at TD.

Beggers can't be chosers!

I'm in Bay 11. Row E

See you there

LostDoggy
11-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Bay 15 Row m here

aker39
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Bay 15 Row m here

Did you buy silver or bronze tickets.

bornadog
12-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm in Bay 11. Row E

See you there

I am in Bay 11 row G.

Are we on a wing or beghind the goals?

Super 27
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I am in Bay 11 row G.

I am in row G as well. Behind the goals

LostDoggy
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I am in Bay 11 row G.

Bay 11 Row G here too. Behind the goals. At least you won't get the sun in your eyes for very long. On the wing and down the other end is dreadful on a sunny day.

bornadog
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Bay 11 Row G here too. Behind the goals. At least you won't get the sun in your eyes for very long. On the wing and down the other end is dreadful on a sunny day.

ITS A WOOF GATHERING:D

Super 27
12-07-2008, 04:56 PM

Seats 1 & 2....say g'day.

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
ITS A WOOF GATHERING:D

Now that you mention it, that's not a bad idea.

Maybe the Barwon Bulldogs function that night?

LostDoggy
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Now that you mention it, that's not a bad idea.

Maybe the Barwon Bulldogs function that night?

Yes please - love to see everyone there. Drinks at bar prices, food available, players, coaches, and a win. What more can we want?
$5.00 to enter but you'll get some raffle tickets for your entry fee - a Digital camera, signed footy are some of the prizes. You can also buy some of the Doggies scratch tickets from us too.
Go Doggies!

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes please - love to see everyone there. Drinks at bar prices, food available, players, coaches, and a win. What more can we want?
$5.00 to enter but you'll get some raffle tickets for your entry fee - a Digital camera, signed footy are some of the prizes. You can also buy some of the Doggies scratch tickets from us too.
Go Doggies!

Sounds like an ideal alternative to sitting hunched up in traffic on Geelong rd or packed into the first train back to Melbourne. I'm certainly planning to see you there Mo.

Whereabouts is it?

LostDoggy
12-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Sounds like an ideal alternative to sitting hunched up in traffic on Geelong rd or packed into the first train back to Melbourne. I'm certainly planning to see you there Mo.

Whereabouts is it?

Walk out of the ground on the members' side and straight in front of you is another oval. That is St Mary's ground. The clubroooms are there too, close to Latrobe Terrace. Easy to find.
Please say hello. I look forward to seeing WOOF members. We probably need a secret sign :D

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Walk out of the ground on the members' side and straight in front of you is another oval. That is St Mary's ground. The clubroooms are there too, close to Latrobe Terrace. Easy to find.
Please say hello. I look forward to seeing WOOF members. We probably need a secret sign :D

I'll be wearing my Josh Hill warm up top with #31 on the back.

LostDoggy
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Bay 15 Row m here

Bay 15 Row Row k for four of us. Silver tickets.

bornadog
13-07-2008, 11:28 AM

I am planning on being there with two mates.

LostDoggy
13-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Bay 15 Row Row k for four of us. Silver tickets.

Yeah those silver tickets on the wing Ha! more like fwd flank. Good to know I am gonna have some Woof company.

bornadog
18-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Seats 1 & 2....say g'day.

Seats 3,4,5, say hello

bornadog
18-07-2008, 02:47 PM
For those still looking for tickets, go to ebay, still available

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GEELONG-CATS-v-WESTERN-BULLDOGS-AFL-FOOTY-TICKETS_W0QQitemZ180266252300QQihZ008QQcategoryZ133260QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

craigsahibee
18-07-2008, 02:52 PM
To all members / supporters travelling down the road for tomorrow's game, "Be Strong, Be Proud for we are the boys of the Bulldog Breed"

Enjoy the day for this year we have arrived.

I have loaded the fridge with a carton of beer and the pantry is stacked with Smith's Salt & Vinegar chips. Short of being at the ground, it doesn't get much better than that for simple contented folk like me.

The footy will be live on the plasma and the family has been instructed not to engage me in conversation between 2 & 5pm.

One more sleep.

Go Doggies.

Mantis
18-07-2008, 03:12 PM
For those who are still keen to go I might have a couple of spare tickets (general admission), at the moment I have 1 definitely maybe 2.

Send me a PM if your interested.

The Underdog
18-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Can't make it for various reasons, mainly work (although Mantis' post above had me scheming for a minute). Good luck to everyone going down, barrack your arse off and bring home a win, hope you have a top day.

Mantis
18-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Too cold? No superbox? Now, who's a prima donna? :D

I'm going....I can rough it....I think

I had brought tickets for a couple of other's who have to work.