HB:Tom Logan, Troy Chaplin, Nathan Lonie
C: Domenic Cassisi, Adam Thomson, Kane Cornes
HF: David Rodan, Warren Tredrea, Brett Ebert
F: Justin Westhoff, Daniel Motlop, Robbie Gray
Foll: Dean Brogan, Shaun Burgoyne, Danyle Pearce
Interchange: Greg Bentley, Fabian Deluca, Paul Stewart, Damon White
Emergencies: Marlon Motlop, Jacob Surjan, Adam Cockshell

IN: White, Thomson, Deluca, Stewart, Lonie, Bentley, Westhoff

OUT: Peter Burgoyne (hamstring), Steven Salopek (Achilles), Travis Boak (groin), Chad Cornes (calf), Matt Thomas (suspended), Brendon Lade, Michael Wilson (omitted).

LostDoggy
26-06-2008, 06:34 PM
That's a long list of outs re: Port.

Glad to see Hilly back in (although sad Callan's out .. great couple of games though!). CARN THE DOGS!!

bornadog
26-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Doogs and Wight mustn't be too happy.

Ward will bounce back and great to see Hill back.

LostDoggy
26-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Tiller was stiff to be dropped earlier I reackon and Hill has been knocking on the door for a few weeks now. Ward did well for a young kid but was never going to be inlong term at the moment but I have no doubt he will bounce back and get back in the 22 soon.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow; Port Adelaide are really going with the kids.

LostDoggy
26-06-2008, 08:58 PM

TANKERS!!!

Mantis
26-06-2008, 09:10 PM

They had 5 forced changes, what other options did they have?

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2008, 09:22 PM
They had 5 forced changes, what other options did they have?

Didn't they play out the remainder of the Richmond game, though? I didn't watch it & haven't heard about it until now, I haven't really come across any 'excuse' - it was more that Port Adelaide were just crap.

If it were a Finals game, or even an important game, I'm sure a few of those boys would be playing.

Williams has conceded Finals as 'over', and suggested he would play kids, so even if they are a bit sore, it's still a fairly big change over.

LostDoggy
26-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Doogs and Wight mustn't be too happy.

Well neither have performed at Williamstown to feel deserve a spot.
I would be more upset if was Tiller and was wasn't selected.
Everitt did an ok job of filling last week at CHB and I think Tiller gives us more flexiblity in Darwin

Bulldog Revolution
26-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Pleased to see both additions: Tiller hardly put a foot wrong and now brings a real intensity. Hill could be ready to light up TIO Stadium on a balmy Darwin winters night.

The Pie Man
26-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Now I know that most of us thought we'd easily account for the Pies last week and they proved very tough, and Port did get us in 06 up there when their season was done, but..........

I smell a relaxing Saturday night spanking

Topdog
27-06-2008, 12:28 AM
More worried about this one than the Collingwood game.

Dry Rot
27-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find all this a bit surreal sitting in second place with a team with a good mix of old champions, great mid-twenties players and a crop of young guns, looking like a good chance to play in a GF and now playing the "great we exist to win premierships" Port Adelaide full of kids and with their season over?

Hope we really spank the pricks.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find all this a bit surreal sitting in second place with a team with a good mix of old champions, great mid-twenties players and a crop of young guns, looking like a good chance to play in a GF and now playing the "great we exist to win premierships" Port Adelaide full of kids and with their season over?

Hope we really spank the pricks.

Ditto.

I can't stand Port Adelaide's arrogance, they count all their SANFL Premierships and as you said, protest how they 'exist to win premierships'. I can't stand one of their main posters on the other website, he's incredibly one eyed, although I haven't seen what he's said about them/us for a while.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2008, 01:20 AM

I was a little worried at the beginning of the week, but Port Adelaide have 5 very good players out whilst Boak is a quality young player too.

The momentum is all our way, we have much more to play for & are a far better football team - especially with their outs. Really, we should win this one by 6+ goals and anything less would be a bit of a disappointment.

Scraggers
27-06-2008, 03:36 AM

I agree ... Port Adelaide Power or PAP (or the smears as I like to call them) have nothing to lose ... they are expected to get flogged ...

Mark Williams backed into a corner ... mmm ... I don't trust the man ...

And there are still some quality players in this squad ... Michael Pettigrew, Nathan Lonie, Domenic Cassisi, Kane Cornes, David Rodan, Warren Tredrea, Brett Ebert, Justin Westhoff, Daniel Motlop, Dean Brogan, Shaun Burgoyne, Danyle Pearce

Dogs to win, but not comfortably ... I'd say by 14 points.

craigsahibee
27-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I think the Bulldogs will be the the only team that could beat the Bulldogs this week. As long as we are switched on, we should be ok.

Topdog
27-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the Bulldogs will be the the only team that could beat the Bulldogs this week.

To be honest that is how it is with about half of the teams in the league at the moment. We are clearly a cut above most of them and whilst teams like Collingwood, Kangas and Adelaide can cause us problems and play above themselves if we are switched on they can't beat us.

BulldogBelle
27-06-2008, 09:51 AM
If we can grab a good start, I'd be very confident we can win easily. Hopefullt all of their changes(most compulsory) unsettles them. Great to see Tiller back.

Go_Dogs
27-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Apparently Logan is going to go to Cooney, bawahhaha.

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 11:14 AM

I was concerned at the start of the week but as the teams came in last night i was at ease with some of with 5 of their top 10 players out.

Should be a great match, much like the Geelong WCE game last week where we can put our skills on display against a deflated Port and really put the fear of God into opposition teams. We need to make a statement that we are the real deal.

strebla
27-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Intersesting that you all seem to think that this game is already over i am looking ferward to a hard fought contest williams will accept nothing less
18 v 18 but the doggies in a closer one than everyone thinks

Mofra
27-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm expecting us to win the next two games. No doubt in my mind.
Collingwood's hardness at the ball last week was the hardest we'd encountered all year, and despite a couple of injuries to the Pies I was happy to come away with the win.

Ward (bless him) had 3 touches and after drawing some claret wasn't much of a competitor. The kid is classy but needs a pre-season.

bornadog
28-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm expecting us to win the next two games. No doubt in my mind.
Collingwood's hardness at the ball last week was the hardest we'd encountered all year, and despite a couple of injuries to the Pies I was happy to come away with the win.

Ward (bless him) had 3 touches and after drawing some claret wasn't much of a competitor. The kid is classy but needs a pre-season.

Didn't play for Willy today, so not sure if he is up in Darwin as the emergency. Late Change perhaps?