PDA

View Full Version : Williamstown vs Casey Scorpions - Sunday July 6th

bornadog
30-06-2008, 06:59 PM
This is a home game for Willy, so members should have free entry.

With the dogs not playing this week, lets all get down there and support the boys and get our weekly footy fix.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 07:38 PM
That just happens to be my 18th birthday!
I might try and get there, school holidays anyway.
Will there be more WB inclusions?

bornadog
30-06-2008, 07:50 PM
That just happens to be my 18th birthday!
I might try and get there, school holidays anyway.
Will there be more WB inclusions?

Tiller, Hill, Ward and happy Birthday for Sunday.

The Underdog
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Would love to go, but it's often good to use Dogs free weekends to build up credits for future games :)

Mantis
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Would love to go, but it's often good to use Dogs free weekends to build up credits for future games :)

And that's I will be doing....

No golf for me as well, I'm going for double credits.;)

GVGjr
01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I'll probably go but will also be heading out to Casey Fields on the Saturday to watch 3 games of the state championships. It might be too much footy over the weekend.

bornadog
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll probably go but will also be heading out to Casey Fields on the Saturday to watch 3 games of the state championships. It might be too much footy over the weekend.

If you watch the reserves as well on Sunday, thats five games:eek:

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Wont be heading to this game either, will be making my way to Bartercard Oval to watch the mighty Bees play :D.

Hopefully our guys have a good game tho, im sure ill read all about it on here.

For those of you going could you let me know how Guy Okeefe and Malcolm Lynch go please?

Cyberdoggie
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM

yeah that's what i'm doing.

a weekend away with no footy, what will i do!!

craigsahibee
02-07-2008, 01:05 PM

Ah yes, Sunday the 6th of July. Willimastown vs Casey or drive from Mooroolbark to Keilor to spend all day at cheerleading competitions.:confused:

bornadog
02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
If its not raining I think I will be there, unless I am told otherwise:D

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I will be spending my weekend at the archey range, though I may go to the Williamstown game if it is too windy to shoot.

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Wont be heading to this game either, will be making my way to Bartercard Oval to watch the mighty Bees play :D.

Hopefully our guys have a good game tho, im sure ill read all about it on here.

For those of you going could you let me know how Guy Okeefe and Malcolm Lynch go please?

As will I minson.

The Pie Man
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
This is a home game for Willy, so members should have free entry.
With the dogs not playing this week, lets all get down there and support the boys and get our weekly footy fix.

I had to pay $10 at Willy the other week vs Frankston - girl at the booth said Dogs members get free entry next year

I've got a mates birthday, drinks strategically scheduled to not clash with anyones footy...well no one wants Collingwood people at their partied now do they? There goes any potential credits!

GVGjr
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I had to pay $10 at Willy the other week vs Frankston - girl at the booth said Dogs members get free entry next year

You should have a Williamstown membership card so you should get in for free.

The Pie Man
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM

Was that sposed to get sent out with the membership?

I never got my fridge magnet fixture this year either, they're really handy. I asked for one when upgrading my membership last week but kinda thought it'd get forgotten about (since they're so busy) It arrived today with my new social club member card. Something small, but small things can count sometimes. They're doing things right down there at the minute.

:)

hujsh
03-07-2008, 01:26 AM

I thought you just showed your doggies membersip

GVGjr
03-07-2008, 07:10 AM
I thought you just showed your doggies membersip

I have a different card that I have been using all season.

rhnbtlr, I'm not sure when it was sent out.

strebla
03-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I have a different card that I have been using all season.

rhnbtlr, I'm not sure when it was sent out.

mine was sent with membership pack

ledge
03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Ah yes, Sunday the 6th of July. Willimastown vs Casey or drive from Mooroolbark to Keilor to spend all day at cheerleading competitions.:confused:

Hey now thats wierd my daughter does cheerleading in Bacchus Marsh, i live near Keilor, just asked her if she had competition here but doesnt, only one is at end of the year.
I must admit i am busting to see that because her teacher is Sharon in the show Mark loves Sharon, ok i am a bit old for her but i am single and maybe she wants a sugar daddy!

hujsh
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey now thats wierd my daughter does cheerleading in Bacchus Marsh, i live near Keilor, just asked her if she had competition here but doesnt, only one is at end of the year.
I must admit i am busting to see that because her teacher is Sharon in the show Mark loves Sharon, ok i am a bit old for her but i am single and maybe she wants a sugar daddy!

Might need a lot of sugar. She is on TV so i'd guess she's not strapped for cash

The Pie Man
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM
mine was sent with membership pack

Cheers mate, I'll give them a buzz (if they're not too budy taking more membership upgrades!)

Mantis
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
2008 VFL Seniors
Williamstown 5.5 8.9 11.14 15.21 (111)
Casey Scorpions 4.0 8.4 10.10 14.11 (95)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Cook 3 Harbrow 2 O'Keefe 2 Lyons Street Galea Little Picken Stack Ward Johnson
Casey Scorpions: Geary 3 Fisher 2 Dunne 2 Ferguson Birss Clarke Rix Parker Matthews McEvoy

BEST:
Williamstown: Picken Harbrow McKenzie Johnson Lockwood Cook
Casey Scorpions: Geary Fisher Taylor Miles Birss Dunne

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: Nil
Casey Scorpions: Nil

2008 VFL Reserves
Williamstown 0.2 8.6 13.8 25.14 (164)
Casey Scorpions 1.5 2.6 4.7 5.7 (37)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Dickson 4 Boumann 3 Jenkins 3 White 3 Cartelli 2 Young 2 Tanner 2 Miller Langlands Knight Boyd Georgiadis Mulligan
Casey Scorpions: Mercoulia Youle O'Bryan Snow Galvin

BEST:
Williamstown: Langlands Boumann Dickson White Boyd Grossman
Casey Scorpions: Snow Crespin Terry O'Bryan Mercoulia Youle

Sockeye Salmon
06-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I went today to have a look.

2 minutes into the last they were 4pts up kicking against a very strong wind almost straight down the ground and gone for all money. A big effort to not hang on but to win well (it got out to 25 pts after 26 minutes before Casey kicked three quick ones).

Willi went into half time 5 pts up after giving up 2 goals in red time of the 2nd 1/4. The wind had strengthened by then but Willi put in a dreadful third quarter and were lucky to be ahead at 3/4 time (Casey kicked 2.6 in the 3rd). A failure by players to accept the responsibility to kick the goal. Jason Cloke marking 2m out on an angle and turning it over by trying to pin-point a pass back, handballing to someone under pressure when 15m out. Sam Reid kicking to the top of the goalsquare when he marked inside 50 with a gale up his bum...

Most of the Seadogs played in patches. Harbrow was probably the best of them (missed an easy set shot in the 3rd as well following a brilliant spear pass from Wood).

Wood showed flashes and while he doesn't get involved enough at this stage does some very good things.

Reid wins his own ball but doesn't use it very well.

Ward did a few exceptional things but didn't do enough of the mundane.

Street won every hitout - and hit them all to Casey - business as usual there. Hardly got a touch otherwise. O'Shea was poo. McDougall didn't play. Stack barely got near it, same with O'Keefe.

Wight played mostly back and was very defensive but serviceable.

Meyer took a ripper of a hangar but can't ruck.

LostDoggy
06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Good to hear we had the win, Massive from the reserves.

Those 25 goals kicked in 3 quarters.. and 12 in the last, huge.

Madone
07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Nearly sent palpitations through the heart when Callan Ward struggled to get up after a strong grab in the Q3, but came out unscathed from it.

bornadog
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Nearly sent palpitations through the heart when Callan Ward struggled to get up after a strong grab in the Q3, but came out unscathed from it.

That was a ripper mark and hit the turf pretty hard. Got up and passed the ball which resulted in a goal.

Other than that and a few good tackles, Ward didn't get much of the ball yesterday. He mainly played half foward flank and I didn't see him go to the centre, so difficult to get much of the ball. His disposal is fantastic.

It was a funny old day out at Willy with the wind blowing across the ground made it difficult for the players.

Of the other bulldog players:

Harbrow - got a lot of the ball and was his usual self. Had the chance of kicking more goals, but was inaccurate.
Street - dominated the ruck and took a couple of good grabs around the ground. Unlike SS, I thought his tapping was pretty good, although it was difficult to hit a target with at least 15 players around every ruck contest.
Wight - Played at fullback for the day (except the last quarter), was rarely beaten and did well to spoil his opponent every time the ball came into the backline. Does need to do more if he is going to step up to the firsts.
Reid - this bloke continues to impress. I like the way he moves and seemed to get alot of the ball. Agree with SS his disposal needs improving.
OKeefe - pretty consisent game without being dominant.
Stack - Not his best game, got a few disposals, but not really beaten on the day either.
Oshea - Didn't get much of the ball.
Wood - continues to improve and staedily getting the hang of playing at this level.

bornadog
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Forgot to mention lots of Saints players at the match, including, Riewoldt, Kosi, Del Santo as well as Coaches, Sos and Lyon. Didn't notice any Doggies players (other than first year players), not to say any weren't there. Del Santo walking past me, was heard to say, "Wow, have a look at the size of Street"

mjp
07-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Umm - Sockeye.

You know I am going to ask - Cam Lockwood?

Sockeye Salmon
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Umm - Sockeye.

You know I am going to ask - Cam Lockwood?

OK, man this is embarassing.

It would appear that the brilliant things Euston Wood did was actually Cam Lockwood.

So, yeah, he was pretty good. Disappears from the action from time-to-time but carried the ball and some of his kicking was exceptional. In one instance he won the ball at hb, gave it off and got it back, had a bounce and then hit Harbrow with a spear 30m out (Harbrow missed).

He also took a fantastic contested mark against a bigger opponent with athletism (another reason I thought he was Wood). Lockwood is taller than I expected, I thought he was 178 or so, he looked more like about 185.

I'm actually disappointed that it wasn't Wood.

In my (and Bornadog's) defense Lockwood was wearing no. 29 which Wood normally wears.

GVGjr
08-07-2008, 06:30 AM
In my (and Bornadog's) defense Lockwood was wearing no. 29 which Wood normally wears.

Sorry, but it's a very poor defense. :)
Wood wears number 45 and Lockwood always wears number 29.

bornadog
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM

yes your right, i thought Wood was playing but he was in the reserves. Heard a few people in the crowd to yell out at Lockwood and was thinking it was Wood

ledge
08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I noticed Tiller didnt get a mention so obviously didnt play, is that some sort of rule because he played last week in the seniors, i would imagine he would have been one player that would get a run in the seconds, or is it just every player has a week off.
No players that played in the seniors played in the Willy side did they?

Sockeye Salmon
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Bugger off.

That was a perfectly viable excuse until you went and stuffed it up.

bornadog
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I noticed Tiller didnt get a mention so obviously didnt play, is that some sort of rule because he played last week in the seniors, i would imagine he would have been one player that would get a run in the seconds, or is it just every player has a week off.
No players that played in the seniors played in the Willy side did they?

I was surprised Tiller and Hill had the week off.

GVGjr
08-07-2008, 07:29 PM
yes your right, i thought Wood was playing but he was in the reserves. Heard a few people in the crowd to yell out at Lockwood and was thinking it was Wood

Bugger off.

That was a perfectly viable excuse until you went and stuffed it up.

Boys, a VFL footy record costs about $2 :D

bornadog
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Boys, a VFL footy record costs about $2 :D

Yeah, I thought of getting one, should have could have but didn't:D