PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall and the Fev

ledge
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
With all the talk about Fev maybe going to Sydney, Big Baz hasnt done himself any favours on the weekend.
Rumours and speculation are a plenty now.
Number 1 rumour: Micky O is at his last year at the club.
Number 2 rumour: Barry Hall could be in his last year.
Number 3 rumour: Fev wont sign with the Blues yet and Sydney are believed to be sniffing around.
Looking at those rumours it looks as though Sydney are making way for Fev in the Salary cap and on the field, no wonder the press are all excited.
Fev is still young and a 4 year contract is more a good gamble than a bad one for Sydney.
Carlton not to sign him would just be ridiculous, he is definitely a fantastic footballer.
But would Fev and the Swans small home ground be a plus for him? I personally think he needs space and one on one to show his best, Sydney at the moment love to strangle sides and are very defensive, would Fev get the opportunity to kick all the goals he is capable of ?
If i was Fev, its pretty simple if i want the money go to Sydney, not that he would be short changed at Carlton by much.
But Carlton will have salary cap problems no doubt in the next few years with Murphy, Judd, Kruezer and Gibbs all demanding top dollar to be kept.
If i want the opportunity to kick a lot of goals and be in an up and coming side and play in a premiership, stay at Carlton.
Anyone have other thoughts on this?

bornadog
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I think Fev will stay with Carlton. Not sure what sydney would do with big Bazza.

Mofra
07-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Carlton may be trying to front-end his contract to give themselves space in 2-3 years when 3 x no 1 picks, plus possibly highly-rated players such as Hampson, Thornton & Waite are looking for bigger slices of the pie.
Would expect Carlton to look for a decent CHB as well which means this draft may deliver them another gun KPP who will also want some dollars in 2 years time.

The Pie Man
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
We wouldn't ever consider trading a NSW native such as the very hard (and much loved now) Dylan Addison to acquire the services of Barry Hall for 2 years would we?

I wonder if Nick Davis would be worth a chance as well....though being a Sydney boy and lazy to boot doesn't help.

Would we go after Hall?

Crizza
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Would rather chase Cousins than Hall - better team player and higher work ethic.

But i wouldn't chase Cousins that hard.

ledge
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Would rather chase Cousins than Hall - better team player and higher work ethic.

But i wouldn't chase Cousins that hard.

We dont need either, we have a good enough midfield anyway, and Baz? your kidding arent you? Do we need a boxer ?

LostDoggy
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Any club has to be stupid to chase Fev. If they frame a market for him stuffing up again in the near future you won't get good odds.
Carlton know that which is why they are putting extra conditions in his contract.

Dry Rot
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
We wouldn't ever consider trading a NSW native such as the very hard (and much loved now) Dylan Addison to acquire the services of Barry Hall for 2 years would we?

I wonder if Nick Davis would be worth a chance as well....though being a Sydney boy and lazy to boot doesn't help.

Would we go after Hall?

Re Davis, wouldn't Higgins be a better long term bet? IIRC Davis has struggled to get a game for the last 2 seasons.

Re Hall, I'd love to get a Hall-like player but I wonder if his time has passed?

The Pie Man
08-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Re Davis, wouldn't Higgins be a better long term bet? IIRC Davis has struggled to get a game for the last 2 seasons.

Re Hall, I'd love to get a Hall-like player but I wonder if his time has passed?

Pretty much agree with that - Hall's just about damaged goods now. Was just throwing it out there. Hall at his peak would be great in our forward line.

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Any club has to be stupid to chase Fev.

Fev wont leave Carlton & if he was to leave many clubs will show interest in him, maybe even ours.

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Fev wont leave Carlton & if he was to leave many clubs will show interest in him, maybe even ours.
And do you think they won't have the same or stricter conditions at another club?
In the end thats the sticking point. Carlton can match any club for $ as they do it under the table better than anyone.

LostDoggy
10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
And do you think they won't have the same or stricter conditions at another club?

The majority will some might shall we say adapt and be a bit more lenient if there is any chance of picking up a Fev type.

LostDoggy
10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
The majority will some might shall we say adapt and be a bit more lenient if there is any chance of picking up a Fev type.
Then we'd be stupid as was my original point. You are kidding yourself if you believe we or anyone can change Fev. Born an idiot, die an idiot.
Swans are a more a chance than anyone as they the media there offer some lenicency and they protect there players (eg Hall).

craigsahibee
10-07-2008, 11:05 AM

Would we go after Hall?

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL

craigsahibee
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Then we'd be stupid as was my original point. You are kidding yourself if you believe we or anyone can change Fev. Born an idiot, die an idiot.
Swans are a more a chance than anyone as they the media there offer some lenicency and they protect there players (eg Hall).

Fev and Willie Mason in the same town. Lookout.

LostDoggy
10-07-2008, 05:39 PM
You are kidding yourself if you believe we or anyone can change Fev.

Didn't see where I wrote that we could change Fev merely pointing out that some clubs might be a bit partial to being a 'little lenient' with him & his ways. Needn't worry ourselves too greatly he is not on our radar nor we on his.

LostDoggy
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Didn't see where I wrote that we could change Fev merely pointing out that some clubs might be a bit partial to being a 'little lenient' with him & his ways.
Again if they are lenient with Fev there are stupid.