PDA

View Full Version : The Vossy - Woof's Knob Jockey of the Week Award

BulldogBelle
12-07-2008, 12:32 AM
This award covers over inflated football egos - ex and present day footballers who have tickets upon themselves and constantly seek media attention and outlets to let the football public know who good they are.

Michael Voss with his on again off again I can be a coach without having to do an assistant’s role ended this week when he took up the Eagles assistant role after having a hissy fit when the AFL didn’t supply a 5 year contract.

So see anything silly or annoying from any football personality during the week – post it and let us know.

After the completion of Round 15 – name who you think is the WOOF knob jockey of the week and why?

hujsh
12-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Dale Thomas was on the TV in 7's 'seven plays in seven days' as number 1

Does that count:o

BulldogBelle
12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Dale Thomas was on the TV in 7's 'seven plays in seven days' as number 1

Does that count:o

Sure it does...which incident was that? Was it when he got the goal, fell to his knees and stuck his arms out to show "how good am I"?

hujsh
12-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Sure it does...which incident was that? Was it when he got the goal, fell to his knees and stuck his arms out to show "how good am I"?

No this one was just his two species. The mere fact his on tv being praised makes me hate him thus he's a knob jockey

bornadog
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Buckley is right up there, can't stand him, he is so up himself its not funny

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Dean Solomon must win this week's Vossy, surely?

I mean how stoopid is he?

ledge
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Theres a few, Barnsey for his comments on fev, Ratten for his comments on players playing for money and not club and not mentioning fev.
Damian Barrett because he writes the most dreamt up articles without substance i ever read.
Aker for his punch a couple of players out.
Need i go on?

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
"Dont mention The Fev! I metioned him once, but I think I got away with it."

hujsh
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I officially nominate Andrew Maher.

He is the weak link on Before the game and upsets the balance by making it 3 Carlton supporters from 5.

The worst thing he does is insult the Australian public's intelligence.

eg. tonight they had a gag about Reiwoldt nipples and said he was releasing a new magazine.
A clip then came up of a magazine called 'Boobs' with Reiwoldt's head photo-shoped onto a woman.

Andrew Maher felt it was necessary to point out that that wasn't actually Reiwoldt.

Also he felt it necessary to point out that the 3 40yr old men weren't actually Robert Harvey's kids.

BRING BACK HUDDO

Twodogs
12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I officially nominate Andrew Maher.

He is the weak link on Before the game and upsets the balance by making it 3 Carlton supporters from 5.

The worst thing he does is insult the Australian public's intelligence.

eg. tonight they had a gag about Reiwoldt nipples and said he was releasing a new magazine.
A clip then came up of a magazine called 'Boobs' with Reiwoldt's head photo-shoped onto a woman.

Andrew Maher felt it was necessary to point out that that wasn't actually Reiwoldt.

Also he felt it necessary to point out that the 3 40yr old men weren't actually Robert Harvey's kids.

BRING BACK HUDDO

The worst thing is that his work on BTG is considerably better than his work on SEN's morning show. Geez he's awful on that.

LostDoggy
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Ill give a knob jockey nomination to the umpire in the Roos/Port game

This is the bloke who was directly facing Sam Power when he had a face full of blood, bounced the ball right in front of him without noticing his red bloodied face! lol

Sockeye Salmon
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
There can only be one possible winner of the Vossy this week.

Drum roll, please.....

Michael Voss.

Did anyone hear this tool barracking for Brisbane and whinging about the umpires? He sounded like he thought he was in the outer.

He went off his head in the last quarter when Patfull got done for smashing Lucas' arms and then falling into his back. It was as obvious a free and was paid all night but it was just about the sealer for Essendon. Voss just about cried.

JimmySewell
12-07-2008, 11:38 PM
^^

Yeah, i did ! He was so biased towards Brisbane - with 1 minute to go, he was still not convinced that the lions were going to lose !

the guy is a knob ! He knows nothing ! He says nothing intelligent either !:(

BulldogBelle
13-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Some good nominations ppl's. :)

Voss's commentary on Channel 10, really irks me he thinks he has the gift of the gab but once his words tumble out it is all gibberish and makes no sense at all. Unless something dramatic happens in tomorrow's games - Vossy this week has my nomination to win his own WKJOTW award.

The Pie Man
13-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Some good nominations ppl's. :)

Voss's commentary on Channel 10, really irks me he thinks he has the gift of the gab but once his words tumble out it is all gibberish and makes no sense at all. Unless something dramatic happens in tomorrow's games - Vossy this week has my nomination to win his own WKJOTW award.

Thank Christ he's taken the WCE assistant's job then - only two months of his 'special' commentary left

BulldogBelle
14-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Even the commentators on AW were going on about how biased his commentary was this week.

LostDoggy
14-07-2008, 11:02 PM
WA boy either Dean Soloman or Daniel Kerr this week?

ledge
14-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Buchanan put his hand up too and fev with his love making with the opposition straight after the game.

Twodogs
15-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Buchanan put his hand up too and fev with his love making with the opposition straight after the game.

Good nomination. You can add him ringing MMM the next day and whinging like my Grandmother used to about the butcher.

ledge
15-07-2008, 01:10 AM
I have come to the conclusion Fev is female as he tends to be moody once a month, (no direspect to the ladies on this site but you know what i mean i hope).

Go_Dogs
15-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Buckley is right up there, can't stand him, he is so up himself its not funny

Personally, I don't mind his commentary and find he offers some good insights. He's not too biased, and although he doesn't have a whole heap of personality he does a good job.

However - has anyone seen the TV ad of him doing the big Grand Final wrap for Channel 7? Thought it was mighty odd that they went with someone who has never won a GF.

LostDoggy
15-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Gotta be Melbourne FC for not wearing a clash jumper on the weekend...when the play was at the other end of the ground it was very hard to workout who was who!!

Scraggers
15-07-2008, 01:04 PM
WA boy either Dean Soloman or Daniel Kerr this week?

I half agree ... My official nomination for WKJOTWA has to be Daniel Kerr ... how many times do you think you can get away with punching a bloke (or head butting Westy for that matter) when there's 97 cameras on you (slight exaggeration) ... IMO Kerr = Knob

Maybe his real first name is Wayne ... Wayne Kerr :p

The Underdog
15-07-2008, 02:43 PM
The worst thing is that his work on BTG is considerably better than his work on SEN's morning show. Geez he's awful on that.

Lucky for him his horrendous work is somewhat hidden behind the awfulness of Watson and the ignorance of Brownless. My god that show's awful. I can listen to most stuff on SEN but those guys suck relentlessly.

I'll go Voss for his own award. From an on-field standpoint the Gold Coast couldn't have a bigger win than him choosing West Coast. If they're lucky he won't come back. If they've got any brains they'll hit up Leppitsch and someone like Gotch to bring on their kids for the next few years.

craigsahibee
15-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Umpire No. 4 from last weeks game. Atrocious.

LostDoggy
15-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Would that be the jerk that gave them their first 2 goals? and would of been scoreless without that ump?