PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Scotty West

Go_Dogs
20-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I was having a long think about Westy this morning, and boy would he have been an important player yesterday. His ability in tight is second to none, and his ability to hit the target by hand, and create space in doing so for a team mate, is first class.

Too often our midfielders this year have been poor by hand, including Cross who is normally fantastic by hand, and yesterday it really cost us.

I hope he comes back in the next week or two.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 02:04 PM
word is that he is further away than we think, probs around 3 matches now

Go_Dogs
20-07-2008, 02:07 PM
word is that he is further away than we think, probs around 3 matches now

Not good news if true...

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 02:12 PM
i trust my source, they knew about that he would be out longer than the original 4 or so said

Go_Dogs
20-07-2008, 02:27 PM
i trust my source, they knew about that he would be out longer than the original 4 or so said

Does your source know if he's still a realistic chance to make it back at all? The more that comes out the less likely it continues to sound imo.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 07:12 PM
As much as we want him to, in my opinion i dont think we'll see him again :| every week its 'another 2 or 3 weeks'..coming to the end of the season, without any form i cannot see him breaking into the side if hes not fit, as much as i wanna see him in there...

I think he'll hang them up in a few weeks unfortunately, kills me to say it :(

lowedog
20-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I love the avatar, shifty! Oh well, whatever, wherever you are....

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I doubt Westy will make it back. Sad to say, but i think he and Eagleton should hang up the boots at the end of the year.
We have to fast track some of the young midfielders in the next year or so.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, in the herald sun today Eagleton was listed in the 'Trade Bait' feature they had..

At 29 i dont really wanna see him going to another club...

Retiring with us is a much better idea.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, in the herald sun today Eagleton was listed in the 'Trade Bait' feature they had..

At 29 i dont really wanna see him going to another club...

Retiring with us is a much better idea.

At 29 if we get anything for him its a bonus.

I thought he was one of our better players yesterday.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I remember at the family day at the start of this year, having a coversation with a freind about Scott West. I called him an idiot when he said that he thought that this would be his final year, but sadly it is looking like he was right. I never thought, that I would see him kept out due to injury for this long.

Born & Bred
20-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Write off Scott West at your peril.

We only need him to have 1-2 games before the finals.

He is a class act and has been doing everything possible to get back.

We have lost 2.5 games out of 16. It is amazing start and don't believe some of you should be thinking of next year.

No doubt we will be playing late into September.

The glass is definitely half full people.

craigsahibee
21-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Write off Scott West at your peril.

We only need him to have 1-2 games before the finals.

He is a class act and has been doing everything possible to get back.

We have lost 2.5 games out of 16. It is amazing start and don't believe some of you should be thinking of next year.

No doubt we will be playing late into September.

The glass is definitely half full people.

Well said B&B. If Westy can get a couple of games at Williamstown to find some touch, he will come back just in time for the finals and have an impact. Hardness and experience like Westy's is invaluable during September. Westy and Higgins fit and firing come September changes everything. Throw in Tommy W and it's all good. Some blokes will miss out, but it happens every year.