24-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Western Bulldogs
B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Dylan Addison, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C (from): Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Farren Ray, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Hill, Ward, Williams

AFL Website (http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=64058)

Happy Days
24-07-2008, 06:21 PM
As good as it is to see Tommy back, dissapointing to see no S.Higgins

bornadog
24-07-2008, 06:24 PM

I would say they will only make one change, ie in Williams, out Tiller.

bornadog
24-07-2008, 06:25 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS v CARLTON
Sunday, 4:40pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Morris, Lake, Hargrave
HB: Addison, Williams, Gilbee
C: Eagleton, Boyd, Cross
HF: Murphy, Hahn, Johnson
F: Akermanis, Minson, Welsh
FOLL: Hudson, Cooney, Griffen
I/C from: Tiller, Harbrow, Giansiracusa, Hill, Ward, Everitt, Ray
IN: Hill, Ward, Williams
OUT: -

CARLTON
B: Carrazzo, Jamison, Thornton
HB: Scotland, Waite, Stevens
C: Russell, Judd, Simpson
HF: Murphy, Hartlett, Wiggins
F: Betts, Fevola, Fisher
FOLL: Cloke, Gibbs, Grigg
I/C from: Kreuzer, Hampson, Browne, Armfield, Austin, Bentick, Walker
IN: Hampson, Browne, Armfield
OUT: -

For those wanting to see the Carlton team

Go_Dogs
24-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Good to see Tommy back in the line up. Ward coming into the squad seems a little interesting as he's had a few quiet weeks.

Scorlibo
24-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Hill in for Harbrow?

Scorlibo
24-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Ward coming into the squad seems a little interesting as he's had a few quiet weeks.

Yeh, I would have thought that Missy would have at least a spot in the emergencies probably in place of Ward.

mighty_west
24-07-2008, 07:38 PM

He wouldn't be ready just yet, perhaps one more week at Willy, hopefully in the midfield, as he played the majority of last week in a back pocket.

Tommy was always going to come straight back in, being the freak athlete he is, fitness wouldn't be an issue, and the more time developing & playing in the Doggies side the better when Williams is concerned.

GVGjr
24-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Hill in for Harbrow?

I would make that change.

Mantis
24-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I think we need Hill in the team, he just adds something different.

Harbrow is the obvious player to make way, but we don't have too many other's in the team with his pressure skills.

It's a tough one.

GVGjr
24-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I think we need Hill in the team, he just adds something different.

Harbrow is the obvious player to make way, but we don't have too many other's in the team with his pressure skills.

It's a tough one.

He adds a fair bit of pace and direct running plus he is more than capable of kicking a goal. Whilst Harbrow is superior defensively we need Hills run a bit more.

craigsahibee
24-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Yes, Missy could do with another week at Willy but as they are not playing this week not sure whether another week off will suit him at this stage. Are Willy 2's playing?

Hill for Harbrow and Tommy for Tiller do seem the obvious changes. ward hasn't earned his place in the seniors yet.

G-Mo77
24-07-2008, 10:46 PM
In: Williams, Hill
Out: Harbrow (Unlucky), Tiller

Is what I think the final selections will be.

MrMahatma
24-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, Missy could do with another week at Willy but as they are not playing this week not sure whether another week off will suit him at this stage. Are Willy 2's playing?

Hill for Harbrow and Tommy for Tiller do seem the obvious changes. ward hasn't earned his place in the seniors yet.

What's the rule, cause I'm sure there is one, preventing a team putting their entire senior squad into the reserves the week of the senior bye, if indeed the reserves are playing?

G-Mo77
25-07-2008, 07:07 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
I/C from: Harbrow, Giansiracusa, Hill, Ray
EMG: Ward, Everitt, Tiller
IN: Hill, Williams
OUT: Everitt, Tiller

Surprised to see Everiit dropped. :eek:

bornadog
25-07-2008, 07:10 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
I/C from: Harbrow, Giansiracusa, Hill, Ray
EMG: Ward, Everitt, Tiller
IN: Hill, Williams
OUT: Everitt, Tiller

Surprised to see Everiit dropped. :eek:

Yes that is a shocker. I thought up until the Geelong game he was steadily improving. Good to see both Harbrow and Hill in.

bulldogtragic
25-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I get the sniff Williams for Everitt is a ruse...

Mantis
25-07-2008, 07:26 PM
^^^

Not sure that it's a shocker, but it is one that wasn't thought of by us all.

Carlton aren't that tall up forward so we probably don't have the need for that extra tall defender. In saying that Waite may move forward now to try and stretch us, but as with always we just have to win the clearance battle and get the ball going our way.

Hopefully we have no injuries down back as we don't have any real back-up.

LostDoggy
25-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Harbrow over Everitt?
didn't expect that.
apparently a rumor is starting on BF that Williams has injured his shoulder again today at training. hope thats not true

bulldogtragic
25-07-2008, 07:45 PM
If the BF runour is true,

Williams is almost in the Shane Watson catagory.

How much more does he, the club and the members deserve....

LostDoggy
25-07-2008, 08:00 PM
If the BF runour is true,

Williams is almost in the Shane Watson catagory.
Didn't the other Tom Williams nick Shane Watson's girlfriend?

GVGjr
26-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Anyone else surprised that Everitt has been dropped? Before Williams was injured I thought the balance of the backline was very good with Lake and Williams taking the key forwards which allowed Hargrave, Morris and Everitt to mix and match against the other forwards.

Dry Rot
26-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Anyone else surprised that Everitt has been dropped? Before Williams was injured I thought the balance of the backline was very good with Lake and Williams taking the key forwards which allowed Hargrave, Morris and Everitt to mix and match against the other forwards.

I've seen little of Carlton this year - is it a match-up thing?

G-Mo77
26-07-2008, 01:13 AM

Mantis did touch on that earlier in this thread. I am hoping that is the reason. I really don't think he should have been dropped otherwise.

GVGjr
26-07-2008, 08:35 AM

That seems like a logical assumption but I didn't think his form was too bad and he can play on smaller opponents.

The Pie Man
26-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Didn't the other Tom Williams nick Shane Watson's girlfriend?

haha yep, pisser.

Watson & Williams both from QLD too - make of that what you will

I thought Everett was great vs Melb, thinking like some of you that it's a match up thing, and to get confidence at Willy for a week

Go_Dogs
26-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Interesting to see Everitt go out. His form hasn't been the best (in my honest opinion he's not moving as well or kicking as well as he did last year) but he's been slowly getting his touch. Having him in the side this week would have also allowed us the luxury of testing out a few possible swing men such as Hargrave or Lake.

Bit interesting, but perhaps we felt we needed another set of fresh legs this week. Hill is a good inclusion.

bulldogtragic
26-07-2008, 12:12 PM
:) :) Nice pick up Ern

Mofra
26-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought Higgins was posted as one of the best at Willy last week? We need anyone who can post a score esp. Higgins. Our depth isn't that great. Why isn't he in?
Needs to build fitness. He'll be back in after he spends more time on the ground at Willy

LostDoggy
26-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Maybe Rocket is quietly making a statement about last week re: unacceptable pressure and second efforts a la Nick Dal Santo. Everitt's form has been improving without being spectacular, but as a second year player perhaps he was getting ahead of himself a bit assuming that he was an automatic selection -- he didn't play last week like his spot depended on it, and his head dropped quite a few times.

Maybe it's just a calculated gamble by Rocket, and also being fair to the players who have the form (Hill) that if you are playing well, you come in ahead of supposedly better credentialled players who are not.

This is one time that the Dogs lower media profile probably helps, as you can imagine a much bigger hue-and-cry if it were a top junior at a higher profile club.

Bulldog Revolution
26-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I am a big fan of Everitt but he was terrible last week against Geelong - I think they've made the right decision. Best to drop him now and try and get him back up and running before the finals.

LostDoggy
26-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Im with you lot, Everitt in? Shocking...Maybe just a Williams not playing ploy.

He wasnt fantastic last week, but no-one was..but if u drop someone from the backline its him or Addison i guess..you dont go dropping shaggy or gilbs

LostDoggy
26-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Dissapointed to see Everitt dropped as he is a crucial cog in our backline but he did have a shocker last week (altough he was no Robinson Crusoe in that regard!!).

Hopefully will be back after a week in the 2's.

GVGjr
26-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Dissapointed to see Everitt dropped as he is a crucial cog in our backline but he did have a shocker last week (altough he was no Robinson Crusoe in that regard!!).

Williamstown are not playing this week so he might need to star on the training track.

LostDoggy
27-07-2008, 12:46 AM

A crucial cog in our backline? What has Everitt done to warrant that? His second efforts have been poor all year, disposal not great and half the time he doesn't know where to run. After what he was showing last year he has been quite frustrating IMO. I cringe whenever he gets the ball. At least with Hill you know he will use the ball with some degree of competence.

Maybe Everitt will become a crucial player but he is nowhere near that level yet.