PDA

View Full Version : Injury update

GVGjr
28-07-2008, 07:26 PM
This is from the club but who knows how accurate it is.

Injury List

Dylan Addison -- Media Ligament -- 8 weeks
Dylan will undergo surgery this evening and is expected to return in approximately 8 weeks.

Scott West -- Knee - bone stress -- 1-2 weeks

Wayde Skipper -- Knee - Medial Ligament -- 2 weeks

Tim Callan -- Hamstring -- To be assessed

Tom Williams -- Shoulder -- To be assessed

Jarrad Grant -- Early signs of osteitis pubis Out for remainder of 2008 Season

hujsh
28-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hopefuly Callan will be able to play for Willy to get some fitness back

Encouraging report

1eyedog
28-07-2008, 09:44 PM
This is from the club but who knows how accurate it is.

Injury List

Dylan Addison -- Media Ligament -- 8 weeks
Dylan will undergo surgery this evening and is expected to return in approximately 8 weeks.

Scott West -- Knee - bone stress -- 1-2 weeks

Wayde Skipper -- Knee - Medial Ligament -- 2 weeks

Tim Callan -- Hamstring -- To be assessed

Tom Williams -- Shoulder -- To be assessed

A strained media, quite a few players have had these in the past, Cousins, Fev..........

Happy Days
28-07-2008, 09:57 PM
A strained media, quite a few players have had these in the past, Cousins, Fev..........

beat me to the punch there.

any chance we'll see Skip again this season in the ones, if ever?

LostDoggy
29-07-2008, 11:59 AM

Yes, early signs when i first saw him watching Williamstown play...this was the week of the tribute game...Sunday May 11th, not late July

Love how they make up stuff sometimes ;)

Cyberdoggie
30-07-2008, 01:13 PM
beat me to the punch there.

any chance we'll see Skip again this season in the ones, if ever?

not likely

hujsh
30-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Heard Eade say Callan played for Willy last week. How'd that get past this site

The Underdog
30-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Heard Eade say Callan played for Willy last week. How'd that get past this site

Thought Willy didn't play last week due to the split round. Maybe you misheard him and he was talking about something else...

hujsh
30-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Thought Willy didn't play last week due to the split round. Maybe you misheard him and he was talking about something else...

Its a possibility. I just woke up.

Sockeye Salmon
30-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Its a possibility. I just woke up.

Tim Callan definately didn't play.

bornadog
30-07-2008, 06:33 PM
From WB communications

Tom Williams was a late withdrawal on Sunday following a bump at training to his shoulder but he will turn out for Williamstown this weekend.

"A bit like Tadhg Kennelly and Porplyzia, the shoulder just shifted a bit," Eade said. "He's going to play at Williamstown and at least if the shoulder does move again, he can get used to that."

Dylan Addison will be out for approximately 8 weeks following surgery on his knee on Monday night after suffering damage to his medial ligament.

bornadog
31-07-2008, 02:09 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
Tim Callan (hamstring) - TBA
Tom Williams (shoulder) - TBA
Scott West (knee) - 1-2 weeks
Wayde Skipper (knee) - 2 weeks
Dylan Addison (knee) - 8 weeks
Jarrad Grant (groin) - season

ledge
31-07-2008, 02:13 PM

By all accounts and my great addition talents thats the season!

bornadog
31-07-2008, 02:19 PM

By all accounts and my great addition talents thats the season!

Week 8 equals Grand Final;)

KEN
31-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Tim Callan definately didn't play.

Yes Tim Callan did play last week (Friday) in a practice match for Williamston and pull up very sore on Saterday Morning all accounts by David Schwarz Western Bulldogs forwarded Coach on SEN last Saterday afternoon.

Cyberdoggie
31-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Week 8 equals Grand Final;)

true!

i guess they are leaving him in there in case he has wolverine like powers of recuperation
i always thought he looked more like alvin from the chipmunks! :rolleyes:

bornadog
31-07-2008, 06:10 PM
true!

i guess they are leaving him in there in case he has wolverine like powers of recuperation
i always thought he looked more like alvin from the chipmunks! :rolleyes:

I was being sarcastic:eek:

Madone
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Any news on how Shaun Higgins is going with his come back?

GVGjr
01-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Any news on how Shaun Higgins is going with his come back?

He has played two games for Williamstown and is playing on the weekend down in Tasmania.
He won't be far away now.

bornadog
02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
He has played two games for Williamstown and is playing on the weekend down in Tasmania.
He won't be far away now.

Looks like both Higgins and Williams have susutained injuries today. Williams shoulder and Higgins, ankle/Foot. Not sure of extent at this stage but Williams off in first half and didn't return.

BulldogBelle
02-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Looks like both Higgins and Williams have susutained injuries today. Williams shoulder and Higgins, ankle/Foot. Not sure of extent at this stage but Williams off in first half and didn't return.

Hmmm, not good news hopefully the news isn't too grim. I feel for both of them just when things start to look up something else happens. Same goes for Westy. Speedy recovery to all three.

The Pie Man
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM

They've said a thigh strain for Willams in the Herald Sun, haven't heard a thing about Higgins. Not good if true. Still, it gives Hill/Harbrow a good run at it.

Rocket Science
03-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Rocket quizzed pre-game on today's Foxsport coverage re: Williams' latest injury:

Club not entirely sure of severity as yet, thigh strain of some description, club doctors to fully assess injury on Monday...predicts this'll put him out for at least two to three weeks.

bornadog
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Rocket quizzed pre-game on today's Foxsport coverage re: Williams' latest injury:

Club not entirely sure of severity as yet, thigh strain of some description, club doctors to fully assess injury on Monday...predicts this'll put him out for at least two to three weeks.

Johnno on SEN this morning saying Williams injury not as bad as they thought, may miss one or two weeks. There are only four to go before finals, so hope to god he can come back within the two weeks.