PDA

View Full Version : Ins and Outs - Round 19 v North

bornadog
03-08-2008, 10:24 PM
The season has passed us so quickly, who would have thought 14 wins, three losses and a draw. We have got to beat North this week and no mucking around. They will be fighting for a top four position this week.

I wasn't too impressed with Tiller and Hill this week.

Will Eade decide this is the week to rest some players, or rest them the following week so that they don't need to travel to Brisbane.

In: Callan Ward, Tim Callan

Out Tiller, Hill

GVGjr
03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
The Roos can load up with talls in the forward line and whilst Wight hasn't been in good knick form wise, he will probably be in the mix for the inclusions.
I wouldn't be moving Hill on Bornadog. I suspect that Callan will need another week but given Addison is out for the balance of the season it would be very tempting to give him a spot.

The possible ins include Wight, Ward, Callan and maybe Street to give Hudson a rest.
Tiller clearly needs to be returned to Williamstown.

bornadog
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
The Roos can load up with talls in the forward line and whilst Wight hasn't been in good knick form wise, he will probably be in the mix for the inclusions.
I wouldn't be moving Hill on Bornadog. I suspect that Callan will need another week but given Addison is out for the balance of the season it would be very tempting to give him a spot.

The possible ins include Wight, Ward, Callan and maybe Street to give Hudson a rest.
Tiller clearly needs to be returned to Williamstown.

I was thinking we might need Wight, but then remembered the game he played against North last time.

bornadog
03-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Here is a snippet from the WB site:

Eade is planning on using that latitude in the final four rounds to field more players, and lighten the load on sore senior members.

"[The win] gives us four games clear of fourth with four games left," he said.

"There are a couple more blokes maybe carrying little things so we are able to get games into players that might be able to help us in September, as well to refresh the stocks a bit.

''We will need to get games into Tim Callan, Callan Ward, maybe Peter Street, Shaun Higgins, Scott West will hopefully be back about round 20 – 21.

Eadey Rider
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Tim Callan can't come back soon enough for mine. i think he's been really missed.

As Addison will be until he returns (fingers crossed for finals)

Wouldn't drop Hill. Thought he ran well today and should be rewarded for that. Tiller wasn't the greatest though.

BulldogBelle
03-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Tim Callan can't come back soon enough for mine. i think he's been really missed.

Yes agreed - Callan had really melded with the team prior to his injury, will be good to see him back in the side.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Whether we have Callan or Ward available, they will come in for Tiller..

Although the Wight case is there for playing on Roos talls..should be an interesting in & out sheet

The Pie Man
04-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Giansiracusa might be in for an enforced 1 week break with his errant elbow (that missed yes, but I still think he's in trouble) That might open the door for Callan Ward. I'd play Tim Callan for Tiller, though Cam Wight might get the nod (wasn't in the best though) as they seem to want at least a few weeks into the guy returning from injury at Willy.

Maybe Higgins in that case as well.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Street for Hudson. Hudson has a leg injury, he was pushed out the way to often.
Tiller won't/shouldn't be yo-yoed. He is good cover for Morris and Lake up back.
If Hill keeps kicking goials he wouldn't be dropped either
They will rest more older/experienced blokes.

Bulldog Revolution
04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Street for Hudson. Hudson has a leg injury, he was pushed out the way to often.
Tiller won't/shouldn't be yo-yoed. He is good cover for Morris and Lake up back.
If Hill keeps kicking goials he wouldn't be dropped either
They will rest more older/experienced blokes.

I also inclined to think it might be a good idea to give Street a run and Hudson a rest

That said I think North will be hard to beat

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I also inclined to think it might be a good idea to give Street a run and Hudson a rest

That said I think North will be hard to beat

Not concerned if we lose and rest some/blood others.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
IN: Street
OUT: Hudson

I think Hudson needs a rest but they might leave it for another week or two, allowing him to have that rest as close to finals as possible. Either way, Street deserves an opportunity and it wouldn't be a bad time to bring him in against The Kangaroos for a bit of extra reach.

Tiller would be dropped, his game was the worst of any bulldog this season - or equal to Wight's disaster v the Roos last time - but we really don't have any other options. It'd be good to see Ward included, but it leaves the backline unbalanced if he's in at Tiller's expense. Callan is the obvious alternative but as Gary said he's going to need another week at least you'd think.

Personally I hope we smash The Kangaroos, especially after last time, and because I can't stand them - it makes it worse we always struggle to beat them.

Happy Days
05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Thought Aka might be a chance for a rest.

BulldogBelle
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Thought Aka might be a chance for a rest.

Aker wouldnt have had to cover as much ground last weekend playing in the back pocket for some of the game.

Think Street needs a run to give Hudson a rest, and also as a contingency prior to the finals. Street's form for Willy all season has been great and he needs a reward.

Giving Higgins a run on the ball for Willy this week should be another priority given his lack of match fitness. Given our existing small forward line, I would suggest he would need to alternate between the midfield and the forward line come finals time.

Lets pray that Tommy Williams and Tim Callan are injury free for the finals please. Those two need a run in R21 or R22.....