PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Vs Hawks for the right to host a pre-lim

bulldogtragic
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Now it's official, it is going to be a ball tearer. Exciting doesn't do it enough justice to describe the game and where our great club is at!

Can we replicate things the way we did in Tassie?

Should we be resting players on rotation for 4 weeks?

Should be bring West and Tommy in no matter what for the game?

What do we have to work on for the next few games?

Who needs to step up?

Who needs to come back?

What gameplan will we have to use?

Is the fitness program working, will we reach peak as predicted?

Can we host the pre-lim and put to bed the memories we have of 1997?

Thoughts?

GetDimmaBack
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Don't want to be too pessimistic, but if we lose our last 4 are we still definitely in third place?

aker39
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't want to be too pessimistic, but if we lose our last 4 are we still definitely in third place?

No, not if Sydney win their last 4.

ledge
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Hosting a pre lim, actually was wondering is there a set ground we will be playing at, now its going to be an all Victorian first final.
Does it matter who ends up Second?
MCG or Telstra, do we really care?
In finals how do the gate takings work?
I would be over the moon if we won our first final, wouldnt that just make the media look stupid, with all the Hawks v Cats stuff GF.

ledge
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
No, not if Sydney win their last 4.

Both Sydney and Nth have still to play Geelong though.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Do we even get the Dome if we finish 2nd?

I think it would be better for us, considering when we play there we have more confidence than the G..

But the atmosphere at the G would be damn exciting..

Im happy with either..just need to get that last win though.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Do we even get the Dome if we finish 2nd?

I think it would be better for us, considering when we play there we have more confidence than the G..

But the atmosphere at the G would be damn exciting..

Im happy with either..just need to get that last win though.

Highly unlikely they'd play at the dome. The MCG would attract 70k+ as opposed to 50k at TD so it's common sense the AFL will make the match a blockbuster on the MCG.

I wonder when we'd play though. Personally think we're better suited to the day matches, so I'd like to see us on the Sunday or Saturday arvo.

craigsahibee
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Wherever the elements will best affect the Hookfooted Freaks set shots is where we should play. Need Tommy back for this one. No more replays of Hawks v Dogs circa 85 Finals series please.

The Pie Man
06-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Wherever the elements will best affect the Hookfooted Freaks set shots is where we should play. Need Tommy back for this one. No more replays of Hawks v Dogs circa 85 Finals series please.

At least the only other time we can play them is in the GF should they embarass us like they did first week of the 85 finals.

bornadog
06-08-2008, 11:41 PM
At least the only other time we can play them is in the GF should they embarass us like they did first week of the 85 finals.

That was one of my worst days at the footy and to top it off, just as I was leaving a bird covered my head with you know what:(

LostDoggy
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I would be over the moon if we won our first final,

So would i, since i have my uncles suprise bday the next weekend(the 13th) haha, so if we beat then in the 1st week we'd ahve that weekend off, would be perfect for me.

If not my cousins have already said they will have a tv with the footy on for us to watch, to which i replied with we've already got our tickets(haha i havent and they know that as well) so ill be at the game and come to the party when thats finished.

If it were me making the selection choices, id rest Aker and Huddo this week, bring in Street and mmm maybe Ward, then next week in Brisbane, maybe rest Johnno and a midfielder or two(crossy or boyd or both), then for the last two weeks bring back those guys and get the team settled, ready for the finals.

The Underdog
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Can we replicate things the way we did in Tassie?
Yes, but a fit Tom Williams will help.

Should we be resting players on rotation for 4 weeks?
Those with injuries essentially. We don't want to mess with the team more than necessary.

Should be bring West and Tommy in no matter what for the game?
Only if they are a realistic chance of playing in the finals. I understand the argument of they have the season, and in Westy's case maybe a lifetime, to recover, but a fit player in a final will nearly always be more useful than one who is underdone

What do we have to work on for the next few games? Decision making, intensity at the man and the ball, consistent four quarter effort, better movement in the forward line. All things we were doing well 6 weeks ago.

Who needs to step up? Tom Williams needs to step on the field, if not then Andrejs Everitt or Cam Wight.
Cooney, Akermanis and Griffen need to find their form of earlier in the year, all are well down.

Who needs to come back?
Tom Williams, lotta pressure for a guy with only 15 games on his CV. Scott West, because he wouldn't want to miss this.
Tim Callan for a bit of hardness in the backline

What gameplan will we have to use?
Run, Run, Run, pressure on the man and movementin the forward line. Not a plan I know but essential elemnts to what we do when we play well.

Is the fitness program working, will we reach peak as predicted?
We'll know in about 6-8 weeks

Can we host the pre-lim and put to bed the memories we have of 1997?If we can beat Hawthorn in the Qualifying final and host any of the other finals teams in the pre-lim then we will undoubtedly. Losing and going through Geelong will be doing it the hard way.

Thoughts?I'd like to win a premiership please

LostDoggy
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
So what about the gate takings - who gets them? Is it divided or does the home team take it?

craigsahibee
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
That was one of my worst days at the footy and to top it off, just as I was leaving a bird covered my head with you know what:(

I copped one from a seagull just before the first bounce. It's supposed to be good luck I'm told. We clear the ball from the first bounce and Jock Edmond takes a screamer. You beauty. Butchers the kick, turns it over, blow the siren, all over red rover.

craigsahibee
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
So what about the gate takings - who gets them? Is it divided or does the home team take it?

All belongs to Vlad and the rest of the KGB at docklands.

MrMahatma
07-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Isn't Franklin on something like 94 demerit points? In fact, aren't 1/2 the hawks team?

Will be watching him closely over the last couple of weeks...

LostDoggy
07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Isn't Franklin on something like 94 demerit points? In fact, aren't 1/2 the hawks team?

Will be watching him closely over the last couple of weeks...

i believe hudson is on around that aswell.

ledge
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Imagine if Buddy got injured in last four games and missed first final, wouldnt that affect Hawks confidence. I couldnt care less if they say "but we didnt have Buddy" if we won.
Winners are grinners!