PDA

View Full Version : Brownlow 2008

Scorlibo
15-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Over the past week, in my spare time, I have been going through every game of the season so far, appointing brownlow votes. If I am anywhere near the mark then this year's Brownlow will be one of the tightest with many challengers:

1 - A Cooney - 22 votes
1 - J Bartel - 22 votes
3 - L Franklin - 21 votes
4 - G Ablett - 19 votes
4 - B Harvey - 19 votes
6 - M Richardson - 17 votes
6 - N Riewoldt - 17 votes
6 - J McVeigh - 17 votes
9 - M Pavlich - 15 votes
10 - A Goodes - 14 votes

The thing about Cooney is, I have him getting 6 BOGs which doesn't leave much room for error, and I could see him polling as little as 15 votes. Bartel has been having a great patch with Gablett out and we know that he polls quite well. Franklin is ineligible but is a certainty to be right up there. Ablett is also a certainty to be right up there but I don't think after going through each round that he will be leading, a maximum of 24 votes at the moment for him. Harvey is the one who could well get up, I have him getting 3 BOGs but he is a big chance at getting a few more than that. Richo won't win simply because there won't be enough votes coming Richmond's way. Riewoldt is a little bit of a dark horse, from RD 13 to 17 I have him getting 12 votes and if he can stay in that form he is in now, he's in with a show. McVeigh is the big dark horse to come out of my polling (at $251 atm), he has had many very good games (including against us) but he may have too many teammates taking votes off him (Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe) to get up. Pavlich and Goodes are maybe a bit too far back to win but if the umpires are feeling sympathetic towards Freo early in the year then Pavlich could poll more than 15 votes to now.

I'd like to hear everyone's tips for the Brownlow, and which players will make a surge in the last few rounds.

Here's hoping that Coondog does, because despite his last month or so he could still be right up there.

Cheerz guys.

craigsahibee
15-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Over the past week, in my spare time, I have been going through every game of the season so far, appointing brownlow votes. If I am anywhere near the mark then this year's Brownlow will be one of the tightest with many challengers:

1 - A Cooney - 22 votes
1 - J Bartel - 22 votes
3 - L Franklin - 21 votes
4 - G Ablett - 19 votes
4 - B Harvey - 19 votes
6 - M Richardson - 17 votes
6 - N Riewoldt - 17 votes
6 - J McVeigh - 17 votes
9 - M Pavlich - 15 votes
10 - A Goodes - 14 votes

The thing about Cooney is, I have him getting 6 BOGs which doesn't leave much room for error, and I could see him polling as little as 15 votes. Bartel has been having a great patch with Gablett out and we know that he polls quite well. Franklin is ineligible but is a certainty to be right up there. Ablett is also a certainty to be right up there but I don't think after going through each round that he will be leading, a maximum of 24 votes at the moment for him. Harvey is the one who could well get up, I have him getting 3 BOGs but he is a big chance at getting a few more than that. Richo won't win simply because there won't be enough votes coming Richmond's way. Riewoldt is a little bit of a dark horse, from RD 13 to 17 I have him getting 12 votes and if he can stay in that form he is in now, he's in with a show. McVeigh is the big dark horse to come out of my polling (at $251 atm), he has had many very good games (including against us) but he may have too many teammates taking votes off him (Goodes, Kirk, O'Keefe) to get up. Pavlich and Goodes are maybe a bit too far back to win but if the umpires are feeling sympathetic towards Freo early in the year then Pavlich could poll more than 15 votes to now.

I'd like to hear everyone's tips for the Brownlow, and which players will make a surge in the last few rounds.

Here's hoping that Coondog does, because despite his last month or so he could still be right up there.

Cheerz guys.

How much spare time do you have?

Scorlibo
15-08-2008, 09:38 AM
How much spare time do you have?

Too much evidently ;)

1eyedog
15-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I love these predictor things, seriously, first we have a ladder predictor (where you can work out your team's finishing place from any round) and now a Brownlow predicator. I like it even if it is based purely on current form (always changes) and personal opinion. It's food for thought. I would have thought Harvey and Cooney would be right up there just above Franklin and Ablett with Bartel snapping at their heels. McVeigh well off the pace IMO.

Scorlibo
16-08-2008, 11:02 PM
What will Cooney poll from this game? Didn't see the game but going on stats I would think he would even be in with a chance of the 3 votes?

wimberga
17-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Reckon Brennan might get the 3 because of his last quarter,though i dont agree with it. Id think Cooney might pole 1 or 2

Scorlibo
23-08-2008, 05:20 AM
What are peoples thoughts on votes from the Bombers game? Hahn is probably a lock for the three votes, after him Johnno, Aker, Cooney and Stanton possibly could get 1-2 votes. Cooney polls a lot better than Johnno and Aker, not sure about Stanton.

Go_Dogs
23-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Cooney killed them in the clearances, I'd suggest he'd score at least a vote. Hahn should have the 3 on lock, rightfully so.

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Cooney would get the two.

DOG GOD
24-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Id be pretty suprised if cooney got up...he will go close but i think it will be ABLETT by a margin of at least 2-3 votes.

bornadog
24-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Id be pretty suprised if cooney got up...he will go close but i think it will be ABLETT by a margin of at least 2-3 votes.

Bartel will take votes off him again, so it may be tough for him, plus he missed a few matches.

ledge
24-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Cooney killed them in the clearances, I'd suggest he'd score at least a vote. Hahn should have the 3 on lock, rightfully so.

Dont think umpires look at stats after a game before giving votes do they??
I do believe they go by who wins game on the 3 votes most of the time though, which is utter rubbish

hujsh
24-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Dont think umpires look at stats after a game before giving votes do they??
I do believe they go by who wins game on the 3 votes most of the time though, which is utter rubbish

They do.

strebla
24-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I believe it will be Boomer this year the Geelong boys next and Cooney 4th

Scorlibo
24-08-2008, 11:50 PM
My updated top ten with one round to go:

1st J Bartel 27 votes
2nd A Cooney 26 votes
3rd G Ablett 22 votes
3rd B Harvey 22 votes
5th L Franklin 21 votes
6th N Riewoldt 20 votes
7th M Richardson 17 votes
7th J McVeigh 17 votes
9th M Pavlich 15 votes
9th J Brown 15 votes

westdog54
25-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Dont think umpires look at stats after a game before giving votes do they??I do believe they go by who wins game on the 3 votes most of the time though, which is utter rubbish

Even if they didn't, if there's one bloke constantly getting it out of the centre, then there's every chance they'll notice.

Scraggers
23-09-2008, 03:05 AM
My updated top ten with one round to go:

1st J Bartel 27 votes
2nd A Cooney 26 votes
3rd G Ablett 22 votes
3rd B Harvey 22 votes
5th L Franklin 21 votes
6th N Riewoldt 20 votes
7th M Richardson 17 votes
7th J McVeigh 17 votes
9th M Pavlich 15 votes
9th J Brown 15 votes

Apart from Jimmy Bartel being absolutely snubbed by the umps this year, this is a pretty good effort Scorlibo ... Great predictions :)

hujsh
23-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Hodge got 2 votes.

bornadog
23-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Glad that little sh*t Brent Harvey missed out:D

Rocket Science
23-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Glad that little sh*t Brent Harvey missed out:D

Ahhh yes...another thoroughly worthwhile highlight of the evening.

Was touted by many as equal fave alongside Ablett in the home stretch, but pleasingly didn't get near it.

Is it just me or does Harvey look like a tadpole?