PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorn and Bulldogs clash - Friday night

The Coon Dog
28-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Hawthorn and Bulldogs clash (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24252678-19742,00.html)

Mark Stevens | August 28

THE Hawthorn-Western Bulldogs qualifying final appears almost certain to be scheduled for Friday night.

Talk is mounting the AFL will schedule the game for the MCG to kick off the finals series. It would allow both clubs a six-day break.

If North Melbourne, as expected, defeats Port Adelaide on Saturday, Geelong awaits in the other qualifying final. It is strongly tipped the clubs will meet at the MCG on Saturday afternoon.

Telstra Dome will host a final if St Kilda beats Essendon and Adelaide loses to the Dogs. If results go that way, it is highly likely the Saturday night game will be St Kilda-Sydney at the Dome. If Adelaide beats the Dogs, the Crows will meet St Kilda at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night.

A Collingwood win against Fremantle tomorrow night will ensure the Magpies play at the MCG on the Sunday -- against either the Crows or the Swans.

EXPECTED FINALS DRAW

If Dogs beat Adelaide and other favourites win -

Friday night Hawthorn v Bulldogs (MCG)

Saturday Geelong v North Melbourne (MCG)

Saturday night St Kilda v Sydney (TD)

Sunday Collingwood v Adelaide (MCG)

If Adelaide beats Dogs and other favourites win:

Saturday night Adelaide v St Kilda (AAMI)

Sunday Collingwood v Sydney (MCG)

BulldogBelle
28-08-2008, 08:39 AM
l was hoping and praying it would not be friday night.

My son has a basketball final that night..................

bulldogtragic
28-08-2008, 09:32 AM
l was hoping and praying it would not be friday night.

My son has a basketball final that night..................
Get a cardboard cut-out? Where's your commitment :)

LostDoggy
28-08-2008, 09:34 AM
What sort of start time would it be Finals usually have a later start time don't they

G-Mo77
28-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll have to take another sickie!

craigsahibee
28-08-2008, 09:47 AM
What sort of start time would it be Finals usually have a later start time don't they

Finals have started 30 mins later in the past. 8:10pm start possibly.

Twodogs
28-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Bloody typical. The Wreckery play in Melbourne that night and I've got tickets to go.

Bugger!

Mantis
28-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Bloody typical. The Wreckery play in Melbourne that night and I've got tickets to go.

Bugger!

No brainer.

How often do The Wreckery play in Melbourne? Not very

How often do the Dogs play in Melbourne? 15 times a year

Oohh forgot the bit about it being a final and all....

LostDoggy
28-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Footy before music..

No Brainer.

bornadog
28-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I was hoping this wouldn't happen, I would have preferred Saturday arvo. Oh well, can't complain we are in the finals with a double chance and the opportunity to go straight into the Prelim.

bornadog
28-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Footy before music..

No Brainer.

He can always take his Ipod to the game:D

Mantis
28-08-2008, 01:05 PM
He can always take his Ipod to the game:D

He can sit next to me and I'll sing him a bloody song.

Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah Sons of the West...

bornadog
28-08-2008, 02:14 PM
He can sit next to me and I'll sing him a bloody song.

Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah Sons of the West...

:D:D

The Underdog
28-08-2008, 03:08 PM

Bugger!

How early would they go on? Surely you can get there for most of it.

Ozza
28-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I think we've won all our Friday night games this year - so I guess thats a good start!

This also means I can get to a mates birthday in Wollongong by the Saturday night.

Big weekend if we win!!

BulldogBelle
28-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Get a cardboard cut-out? Where's your commitment :)

l have already paid for tickets for the Dogs game. So l will be there.

Just hope he loses this friday and he may miss the finals with luck.;)

SonofScray
28-08-2008, 04:42 PM
A huge stage for us. Friday night finals footy against what most would see as a hot favourite to win, and possibly give the Cats a shake. I can't wait to see how things go, the supporters heading in, the atmosphere and all that.

I think mostly the Dogs fans will be anxious this finals series, unlike the Hawks who will be right on the wagon making a lot of noise but I'd expect a win to really wake the fans up on our sideand we'll be in for a hell of a ride.

Exciting times, regardless of form, we're there and therefore we're a chance to do something special.

LostDoggy
28-08-2008, 05:26 PM

Bugger!

If its at the Corner hotel you have no problem even if its a 8.10 game start.
Final bands start about 11 -11:30.

hujsh
28-08-2008, 06:29 PM
l have already paid for tickets for the Dogs game. So l will be there.

Just hope he loses this friday and he may miss the finals with luck.;)

Sad:D

bornadog
28-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Looks like Hawthorn are resting Crawford this week. We should do the same, ie rest a few.

LostDoggy
28-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm really hoping that its Friday night, I have work on Saturday and Sunday and I'm not good with asking people to take my shifts...in fact I've never done it.

The Pie Man
28-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm really hoping that its Friday night, I have work on Saturday and Sunday and I'm not good with asking people to take my shifts...in fact I've never done it.

It looks a lock for Friday, but even so, if you've never done it surely they'd understand. It's a Dale Morris gloving Buddy thing

LostDoggy
28-08-2008, 10:11 PM
It looks a lock for Friday, but even so, if you've never done it surely they'd understand. It's a Dale Morris gloving Buddy thing

Yeah, I would ask, I would just leave out the footy part...I can't miss Dale playing on Franklin, or a final for that matter. I was in New Zealand for the Collingwood final (against my will), so there's no way I'd miss a final again.

BulldogBelle
29-08-2008, 09:38 AM
How does everyone think we will go in a night final at the MCG?

Actually when was the last time we played on Friday night at the 'G'?

Dont want to sound defeatist/negative, but just got to love how the AFL gives us a Friday night game @ the G (abeait its not our 'home' game) when we havent played one there all season...

bornadog
29-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Dont want to sound defeatist/negative, but just got to love how the AFL gives us a Friday night game @ the G (abeait its not our 'home' game) when we havent played one there all season...

The last night final there was against West Coast when it was hot and windy and we lost by less than a goal - a game we should have won.

Its not a done deal yet and maybe the AFL will prefer Geelong v North

Bulldog Revolution
29-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I think Friday night would be perfect fixturing and makes a lot of sense

It is likely to be a cracking game pitting the two most likely challengers to Geelong - so its the perfect show piece for the AFL

Win or Lose we will have plenty of time to prepare for our next game

craigsahibee
29-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Friday night would be perfect fixturing and makes a lot of sense

It is likely to be a cracking game pitting the two most likely challengers to Geelong - so its the perfect show piece for the AFL

Win or Lose we will have plenty of time to prepare for our next game

Friday night games tend to make or break the weekend.

Hopefully it is Friday night so I can back up on Sunday to see Mooroolbark U18's, 2nd's and Seniors play off in the EFL Third Division Grand Final.

Mantis
29-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Friday night games tend to make or break the weekend.

Hopefully it is Friday night so I can back up on Sunday to see Mooroolbark U18's, 2nd's and Seniors play off in the EFL Third Division Grand Final.

They also tend to give you a weekend.

aker39
29-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Say hi to Trevor and remind him that the Tigers are crap.

hujsh
29-08-2008, 05:25 PM

last week

Mantis
29-08-2008, 05:54 PM
last week

That game was at TD.

I think it would be back in 06 in round 8 or 9 vs Collingwood, Murf did his knee that night and we got beat by 5 goals.

The Underdog
29-08-2008, 05:55 PM
last week

I'm pretty sure that was TD, unless my memory's worse than I thought

bornadog
29-08-2008, 06:04 PM
That game was at TD.

I think it would be back in 06 in round 8 or 9 vs Collingwood, Murf did his knee that night and we got beat by 5 goals.

That one was Saturday night

bornadog
29-08-2008, 06:15 PM

I checked our games over the past ten years : http://stats.rleague.com/afl/teams/bullldogs/allgames.html

and yes, the last time we played any game at the MCG on a friday night was the West Coast final on 3 September 1999 - lost by 5 points. Before that was against Essendon on 25 June 1999. We lost by 4 points

LostDoggy
29-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Good to see them give us a good fixture..that is deplorable

Mantis
29-08-2008, 07:17 PM
That one was Saturday night

Yeah of course it was:

Collingwood defeats Western Bulldogs
Round 9, MCG, Attendance: 67920
Friday, 26th May 2006

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=2453

The Underdog
29-08-2008, 11:02 PM
In hecked our games over the past ten years : http://stats.rleague.com/afl/teams/bullldogs/allgames.html

and yes, the last time we played any game at the MCG on a friday night was the West Coast final on 3 September 1999 - lost by 5 points. Before that was against Essendon on 25 June 1999. We lost by 4 points

So what you're saying is put your money on Hawthorn by 6 points, right?

The Underdog
30-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Hawthorn and Bulldogs clash (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24252678-19742,00.html)

Mark Stevens | August 28

THE Hawthorn-Western Bulldogs qualifying final appears almost certain to be scheduled for Friday night.

Talk is mounting the AFL will schedule the game for the MCG to kick off the finals series. It would allow both clubs a six-day break.

If North Melbourne, as expected, defeats Port Adelaide on Saturday, Geelong awaits in the other qualifying final. It is strongly tipped the clubs will meet at the MCG on Saturday afternoon.

Telstra Dome will host a final if St Kilda beats Essendon and Adelaide loses to the Dogs. If results go that way, it is highly likely the Saturday night game will be St Kilda-Sydney at the Dome. If Adelaide beats the Dogs, the Crows will meet St Kilda at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night.

A Collingwood win against Fremantle tomorrow night will ensure the Magpies play at the MCG on the Sunday -- against either the Crows or the Swans.

EXPECTED FINALS DRAW

If Dogs beat Adelaide and other favourites win -

Saturday night St Kilda v Sydney (TD)

Sunday Collingwood v Adelaide (MCG)

If Adelaide beats Dogs and other favourites win:

Saturday night Adelaide v St Kilda (AAMI)

Sunday Collingwood v Sydney (MCG)

And the scenario if all the favourites don't win? Funny game football...Collingwood losing like that was really sad:rolleyes:

bornadog
30-08-2008, 12:18 AM
So what you're saying is put your money on Hawthorn by 6 points, right?

We will smash Hawthorn, they won't know what hit them;)

1eyedog
30-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Really like our chances against Hawthorn at the G, they're really not that flash there (loss to Richmond 2 weeks ago) and I reckon we play well on the larger open spaces we're two from two there and have won over (albeit) against Melbourne and Brisbane by 160 odd points. We like it there!