PDA

View Full Version : QF: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs - Match Preview

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
QUALIFYING FINAL:

http://www.aflfootyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/the-hawks.thumbnail.jpg VS. http://www.aflfootyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/westernbulldogsweblogo.thumbnail.jpg

Game Day – Friday 5th September
Venue - MCG
Time – 7:50pm
Broadcast – Channel 7

LAST TIME THEY MET:

Round 10, 2008:
Hawthorn 12.2.(74) defeated by Western Bulldogs 15.16.(106)

SELECTION TABLE:

Tom Williams & Dylan Addison are key losses for our backline, particularly when coming up against Hawthorn who have a good blend of small & tall forwards. Scott West has been ruled out for the rest of the season, leaving only one or two question marks.

Hudson should replace Skipper – that one’s a given. From there, it begins to get a little tricky. Reid will be dropped one way or another, but his replacement isn’t clear cut. Ray would appear most likely, although his form hasn’t exactly warranted selection.

Tiller has given himself a good chance by getting amongst the best for Williamstown on the weekend. Given that we’re going to need another key defensive post, Tiller – albeit undersized and not ‘ideal’ – might be given an opportunity. Everitt is out of form and lacks strength, but who will be dropped for Tiller? Based on form, Higgins may be a touch unlucky. He might be the one to make way for another defensive option. Either way, both Ray & Higgins won’t play in the same side, only one of them will front up on Friday Night and my guess is Ray for his ability to carry the football through the wide open spaces of the MCG.

For Hawthorn, Taylor is a certainty to return to boost their ruck stocks. Renouf will make way for his inclusion, whilst Crawford is also set to play Friday Night after being rested in Round 22. At this stage, Young is a possible exclusion – but they’re all debating about that one for now. Williams & Brown are rumoured to have minor injuries, with Brown appearing doubtful. Williams on the other hand is still likely to play. At this stage, Taylor & Crawford are the IN’s.

RECENT FORM:

It’s no secret that the second half of the year has been one to quickly forget for The Dogs. Despite having a top four spot sewn up two months ago, the sides form has tapered off significantly. So much so, that we’ve only found two wins out of the last seven games. Plenty of reasons/excuses have been thrown up – Injuries to key players at times (Williams, Akermanis, Addison, Gilbee), an increased training load to enhance fitness for Finals and to some degree, our game plan has changed with players finding themselves in different positions. There’s no doubt that The Dogs have played with their form, the question remains whether they can turn it around in time enough to advance to the Preliminary Final. The positive sign is that over the last two weeks, The Dogs have slowly started to improve on their intensity and team play. Unfortunately the skills still aren’t where they should be, but perhaps a turn around isn’t too far away.

Hawthorn showed signs of weakness through the second half of the year too, but to their credit they’ve steadied the ship and won their last four out of five games. At times they’ve been far too conscious of Buddy Franklin going forward but nevertheless, he’s booted 102 goals for the year whilst Roughead has chipped in with an impressive 66 goals. Hodge has been in excellent form down back, playing a similar role to Gilbee by setting up the play with creative foot skills. Through the middle, Mitchell has been in good form whilst Batemen has finished off his home & away season in style.

FORWARD MATCH-UPS:

Murphy v Brown - At times Brown has played a role up forward for Hawthorn, but I think they’re going to need him down back due to our small forward setup. He’s probably their best option for Murph, which IMO works in our favour, especially with Brown under an injury cloud. With all the space, Murph could really tear the Hawks a new one. His creative play is crucial; if he’s setting up opportunities from 50-70m out from goal then we’re going to be much more fluent in attack.

Hahn v Murphy - This is another very crucial match-up. Hahn’s influence on the game will go a long way to winning it. He’s very strong but mobile, I would think he’d cause a few problems for Murphy who is a bit one paced. Hahn is quick over the first five and has strong hands. If he’s able to pull down marks and apply rabid defensive pressure, we’re going to be dangerous. Croad is another option who may well get the first crack, but I think he’ll go to Welsh first up.

Johnson v Guerra - Another important match-up, especially since Johnson has found some form late in the year – minus his shocker last week. Hawthorn may switch it around and play Brown on Johnson first, but I think they may try Guerra first with the intentions of hurting us going the other way. Johnno needs to be on his game – he’s got to forget about playing for free kicks and trying fancy things. Do the basics; lead hard, hands out in front & play in front.

Akermanis v Birchall - Not convinced this match-up will follow, in fact I have no idea who would go to Akermanis. Perhaps Murphy or Guerra may find themselves with the job? Either way, there’s no doubting Akermanis is an integral part of our side. If he’s on song, then we’re going to be very difficult to beat. Aker’s found form in the last two weeks and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him deliver another special performance. He loves the big stage and this is exactly why we recruited him. I’ll be paying close attention to Aker – he’s a possible match winner.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
MIDFIELD MATCH-UPS:

Cooney v Sewell – It’s a little hard to gauge who will play on who, because both midfields are strong anybody could be playing on anyone. Sewell is a terrific shut down player capable of finding his own ball and it’s likely at some stage he’ll go to Cooney. It’s absolutely vital Cooney takes this game on. He’s struggled in the second half of the year because he’s tending to load off pointless handballs and chase easy kicks in defence. Cooney’s got to run all day, create space and take them on. It’s that simple – if Cooney is playing well, we’re a chance of beating anyone.

Griffen v Lewis – This is just as important as the match-up above. Griffen’s slowly been finding some touch lately, but he needs to kick it up a few gears and really test out the Hawks. Griffen’s ability to break the lines, break tackles, create space & hit targets 0-50m away will be telling. Lewis has had a great season and he’ll make it tough for Griff. I have no doubt they’ll apply physical pressure on Griff because of his rare ability to bust out of packs with the ball at full pace. On the flip side, Griff has to be accountable because Lewis is an intelligent player. He knows when to hang out of the packs and find plenty of space.

Boyd v Hodge – It’s tough; do we tag Hodge or Mitchell? Both make compelling cases but I feel Hodge is the more dangerous of the two. Mitchell wins plenty of the ball but he often dishes it off to the likes of Hodge who is devastating by foot. His work off half back lately has been outstanding – he’s been murdering sides all day long so if he/when he plays back, we’ve got to be accountable. In the midfield, Boyd needs to play tight and deny Hodge time and space. Hodge is a ‘casual’ but tough footballer – under pressure he often misses targets but given time, he’ll win the game by himself. Perhaps it’s an idea of even manning Hodge up with Boyd when he goes to our forward half. That way, Boyd’s still playing a defensive role, not allowing Hodge to do what he wants. I would instruct whoever is on Hodge to run off too, and to use them, because I doubt Hodge will be as willing to chase.

Cross v Mitchell – Again, it’s not easy trying to predict who will play on who, but at some stages I would suspect these two will oppose one another. Neither will ‘tag’, it’ll be a head-to-head clash. Cross needs to be aware of where Mitchell is, because whilst he’s very good at playing the ‘inside’ game, he’s capable of finding space and hitting up targets too. At the same time, I encourage Cross (like all our players) to make their opposition accountable. When we have the ball, make space, and that’s certainly something Cross does well as he’s often the link up man. The thing I would like to see is somebody running past Crossy more, he’s a horrible kick, and too often it costs us.

DEFENSIVE MATCH-UPS:

Morris v Franklin – Undoubtedly a vital part to the game. Morris is severely undersized and probably done for athleticism too, but it’s what our other defenders are prepared to do. If Callan, Hargrave, Gilbee & Lake are able to be the third man up then they’ve got to leave their direct opponents and make sure the ball is thumped away. Carlton had some success with this last weekend despite Franklin still booting four majors, and it’s something we’re going to have to execute. As often as possible, Morris will require a chop out, and additionally the midfielders MUST apply serious pressure on the ball carrier as well as block Franklins space. It’s not an easy task, he’s still going to kick goals, but we’ve got to make it difficult and push him wide.

Lake v Roughead – The brain fades simply have to stop immediately if we’re any chance of advancing to a Preliminary Final. Lake is a good defender but his mind wonders far too often. Nevertheless, he’s a good match-up for Roughead because he matches him for size, height & speed. I would expect and hope Lake to win the honours – he needs to play closer attention to his DIRECT opponent though. Whilst being third man up is good, sometimes he gives his opponent far too much latitude and it ends up costing us 4+ goals. There’s a fine line between helping out Morris/other defenders and zoning off your own opponent.

Callan v Rioli – Last time, Callan did a pretty good job on Rioli prior to his hamstring injury. Rioli’s very quick but Callan did well pushing him wide of the contest and constantly having touch. The moment you lose touch with Rioli, he’s gone. He’s only a kid, so I would encourage Callan to use that to his advantage without over doing it. Callan’s form has been pretty good over the last few weeks, but he still needs to keep his feet a little more, especially against Rioli.

Gilbee v Osborne – I would assume Osborne would play a defensive role on Gilbee, trying to limit his run off half back. As I read elsewhere, Gilbee is vital in this game for overcoming Hawthorn’s cluster. His run/carry & foot skills are sorely going to be needed. At times Gilbee may need a bit of protection, because Osborne will be playing close. We’ve had to send Griff to the half backline recently because we aren’t getting enough drive, so hopefully along with others, Gilbee can really hurt the Hawks in this area.

VERDICT:

First of all, I would like to pay close attention to Bateman. He’s a real barometer for Hawthorn with his gut busting running. He carries the ball and often follows up for the 1-2. His intensity at the football is generally very good and his sheer endeavour brings other players into the game. He’s got good endurance too, so he’s a player that we’re going to have to shut down. Ray – I’m looking at you. Last time, Farren did a pretty decent job if I recall correctly and he’s going to have to produce something similar. Ray’s endurance is his strength, as is his run & carry, so it’s going to be an intriguing match-up.

It’s going to have to be a real team orientated performance for us to win. The midfield has to work hard both ways, especially helping out in defence, and it needs to run in waves when going forward to break up the cluster. The forwards must be moving around at all times – there’s plenty of space on the ‘G so we need to use it to our advantage. The Hawks back half is a real weakness and especially one on one, I would expect we’d beat them most times.

More than ever, the midfield has to stand up and gain ascendancy from the get go. Cross had a good game on the weekend but we need a lift from the rest. Cooney, Griffen & Eagleton could be the game breakers with their dash & skill, but players like Hill will also be handy, jumping in front of packs to take marks. This week, we cannot rely on too few; their must be contributions from every player and there must be a willingness to work for one another. The intensity has been better the last few weeks which has been pleasing, but we’re going to have to execute our disposal much better – particularly considering the pressure that comes with Finals and, of course, the cluster.

Both sides match-up well on each other and there are key match-ups all over the ground, everywhere you look. Franklin & Roughead are obviously major worries for us, but it all begins with the midfield – if we work hard enough to supply our forwards, we’re every chance to kick a winning score and slow up Hawthorn’s game style ala last time. Both sides defence is weak, so which ever forward line is presented with more opportunities will most likely find themselves advancing. For mine, its going to be an incredible game of football that will go right down to the last quarter. It’s anyone’s game – who wants it most, who will be more discipline in sticking to the game plan, and who will execute that game plan best? Flip a coin and hold onto your seats – we’re in for a ride.

Bulldogs by 4 points.

Sedat
01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Bateman's a good chance to get Aker - he did a terrific job on Nick Stevens over the weekend, and they like to free up Birchall from any defensive responsibility wherever possible.

Hudson was BOG against the Hawks earlier this year so his inclusion is vital to help us will the all-important midfield ascendency. Who plays on Buddy will be a moot point if we can convincingly win the midfield battle.

bornadog
01-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Excellent preview.

Where do you see Hill playing? Eade has flirted with him in the backline the past few weeks to try and help his defensive skills, but I prefer him on a wing or HFF.

Rocket Science
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Tremendous work.

Suspect Guerra might get first crack at Akermanis...Been said again and again, but whoever wins the midfield battle has this one sewn up you'd think.

GVGjr
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Excellent write up TBB.

I'm interested in how everyone thinks Callan would go on Rioli? I know he did a great job on Aaron Davey very early on in the season and I'm hoping that he can do the same against Junior.

Thoughts?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Excellent write up TBB.

I'm interested in how everyone thinks Callan would go on Rioli? I know he did a great job on Aaron Davey very early on in the season and I'm hoping that he can do the same against Junior.

Thoughts?

Nice work TBB, very thorough.

GVGjr I think Callan showed some very good signs yesterday that he is getting back to where he needs to be. I think the key for this matchup is Callan not giving Rioil alot of room (stating the obvious I know), and not allowing him the opportunity to give the Hawks a spark.
Callan also needs to be aware of him when we are trying to move the ball out of our backline, and ensure Riloi can't get into position to effect a run down or exerts enough pressure that forces our ball carrier to make a rushed and risky disposal.

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm constantly impressed with the previews that are posted on WOOF and this is no exception. I think we are a real unknown at the moment. Our results over the last 7 weeks haven't been great but that said, we haven't played terrible football. I suspect that Hawthorn would be very confident too given our last 7 weeks. This may work in our favour. I also noticed that Mike Sheehan gave them a big rap in the paper today.

It's a real footy cliche that games are won in the midfield but I trully believe that this one will be. Both defences are vulnerable and both forward lines are dangerous so it's a no brainer that whichever midfield provides the most quality supply will probably win the game. Oh and did anyone see the odds today? $1.20 Hawks $4.00 Dogs. A bit of a slap in the face I would have thought.

My heart quite obviously says the Dogs but UNFORTUNATELY my head says Hawthorn by 18 points. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm constantly impressed with the previews that are posted on WOOF and this is no exception.

I have to agree. Clearly some of the talented people here put more effort into these threads than some of the footy records I buy.

I think we are a real unknown at the moment. Our results over the last 7 weeks haven't been great but that said, we haven't played terrible football. I suspect that Hawthorn would be very confident too given our last 7 weeks. This may work in our favour. I also noticed that Mike Sheehan gave them a big rap in the paper today.

I suppose we have to take Eade at his word that we are ready to produce the good even though we haven't been cherry ripe in the last 6 weeks.

I give us a great chance to prove the critics wrong.

BulldogBelle
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
TBB, WOW what a great preview you have written - top shelf!

Those midfield match-ups will be great to see materialise - Cooney vs Sewell, Griffen vs Lewis & the Cross vs Mitchell duels will be interesting to watch. The closer this game gets the more I can't wait to watch it. It will be all systems go, need to get a great start from the get go.

Like that song goes - "I got Friday on my mind".......

LostDoggy
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Excellent preview The Bulldogs Bite you have given a very comprehensive report. Hodge needs to be controlled if we can do that successfully and nullify the supply heading into Franklin and Roughead it should give us a very good chance of knocking those Hawks off their perches.

bornadog
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm constantly impressed with the previews that are posted on WOOF and this is no exception. I think we are a real unknown at the moment. Our results over the last 7 weeks haven't been great but that said, we haven't played terrible football. I suspect that Hawthorn would be very confident too given our last 7 weeks.

I don't believe the Hawks have been outstanding in the past 7 weeks either, losing three and beating only one team in the eight (Collingwood, with injuries and lots of outs).

We have flirted with our form and really our last quarter fade outs against Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane, and even Essendon last week have been the biggest concern. In all those games we were a big chance (except maybe Geelong) and North were on top from the start. Against Adelaide, I thought we started to show more intensity and consistency.

We need a four quarter performance to win on Friday and lots of midfield pressure.

mjp
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Well done TBB. Terrific preview.

Who does Croad take? Welsh? Minson? Or do Hawthorn throw him forward knowing we are a key back down? And if they do (or if they stick a ruckman down there), will we hold our nerve or react?

bornadog
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM

Who does Croad take? Welsh? Minson? Or do Hawthorn throw him forward knowing we are a key back down? And if they do (or if they stick a ruckman down there), will we hold our nerve or react?

Hold our nerve and attack attack attack.

We don't win games when the scoring by both sides is low, we only win when we are attacking and kicking big scores.

hujsh
01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
If we pick their game plan apart and win the midfield like we did earlier it shouldn't be too difficult. So often there was a loose player forward who was quality such as Johnson. I hope to see this again

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2008, 12:23 AM

I think Croad will take Welsh, he prefers playing on the leading types, leaving Gilham to battle with Minson. They could swap these around though, as Gilham may be a little undersized if Minson's in any decent touch.

By the way, thanks for the feedback guys!

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Excellent preview.

Where do you see Hill playing? Eade has flirted with him in the backline the past few weeks to try and help his defensive skills, but I prefer him on a wing or HFF.

Hill's a bit of a wild card in this match, if we use him properly.

I personally wouldn't like to see Hill playing a defensive role yet, especially in a Final, as I don't think his style of play is anywhere near capable of holding an opponent down. He's only very young so it's understandable. IMO bornadog, you have it right - play him on the wing and allow him to generate plenty of space. He should suit playing on the wide open spaces of the 'G, so I would expect to see him play a fair bit in the wings.

I'd really like to see Hill across HF though too. We haven't experimented this at all, maybe only a couple of times, so it'd be a good move to play Hill off the HF line with his ability to pull down strong grabs. He reads the play very well, so he could certainly be a dangerous target.

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Should the Hawks choose to have either Campbell or Taylor wander forward, I think we are in trouble. Their height will stretch us as we already have a problem contending with Franklin in the air.

This is the match-up I fear most.

An in-form Everitt is the best option to combat this but he is struggling at the moment. Tiller who has some height does not play tall and Wight has failed too often in the past.

It's '98 all over again. Then it was Robran and Pittman. Now it's Franklin and the resting ruckman.

Outside of this, we need to retune our tackling back to the pressure we displayed against the Swans and Brisbane (first time around) and the Hawks last time - then the pill won't get down there.

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Should the Hawks choose to have either Campbell or Taylor wander forward, I think we are in trouble. Their height will stretch us as we already have a problem contending with Franklin in the air.

I wish they would. Don't you think a forward line Franklin, Roughhead and a ruck is top heavy for a night game?

I believe Hawthorn have a weakness its their rucks, the depth of their midfield and their backline. They need all the help there not in their forward line where they already prosper.

Go_Dogs
02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Great work TBB.

I would love to see Cross go to Sewell - IIRC that is what happened last time. It allows us to free up Cooney and Griffen a bit too, as Sewell is probably the one player I don't want lining up and hammering into them.

Hodge is a difficult one, as I think we really need to stop his influence, but he might spend more time in the back half than through the middle. If he does, do we look at someone like Gia to run with him? If he plays in the middle Boyd has to get the job I think.

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I wish they would. Don't you think a forward line Franklin, Roughhead and a ruck is top heavy for a night game?

I believe Hawthorn have a weakness its their rucks, the depth of their midfield and their backline. They need all the help there not in their forward line where they already prosper.

I'm not suggesting they will do that for 100% of the game. But if they swing one of them down there for 10 minutes per quarter it will stretch us badly.

The fact it is a night game counts for zero unless it rains

Throughandthrough
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Very strong tip from Adelaide that Hudson may have been dropped for reasons other then form/injury............:mad:

Mofra
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM

I would suggest this could really work in our favour. Gilbee playing on resting ruckman is a tactic Eade has used in the past to great effect, and given their propensity to zone rather than play man on man if they turn the ball over, this would allow us to cut their midfield to shreds on the rebound.

I wouldn't think they'd play more than 3 talls forward, hoping to exploit the third tall match-up which would more than likely to be Shaggy. If he plays well and provides us with solid rebound, we'd be happy.

bornadog
02-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Very strong tip from Adelaide that Hudson may have been dropped for reasons other then form/injury............:mad:

Well at training today, Hudson did laps with Minson, walking. Eade was asked how he was and he said now 70/30 to play, tom oroow he will be 80/20 and then ok to play.

Sockeye Salmon
02-09-2008, 06:08 PM

Very strong tip that there are lots of morons in Adelaide with an axe to grind.

dog town
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Good summary TBB.

I think Adelaide was the perfect game for us to warm up with. We played a very similar style to how we played against Hawthorn last time. We over used the footy (quite deliberately) and tried to work our way through the line of players. I have noted in both games that we really share the ball across half back where they give us plenty of time and space. We handball back and forth until we can get the ball into the hands of our preferred player then go about finding a path through.

I would be pretty surprised if Croad goes to Welsh. I think that would work in our favour. Welsh might be a bit clever for him and it also means Hahn and Minson will both have strength advantages over their opponents.

They match up ok with our forwards in terms of size but we have a clear class advantage. It will be tough for them to decide who is the biggest priority. With plenty of space inside 50 at the MCG I think we can certainly kick a winning score.

Personally I would start Aker in his current role then use him as the wild card to throw forward in certain situations. It puts a fair bit of doubt in Clarksons mind and we want to get the ball into experienced hands as often as possible early on.

Hill is developing into a handy swing man for us. He can nab a few marks up forward or be very good as a third man up in defence. A contribution from him will go a long way towards getting us a win.

The battle of the loose man is going to very interesting. Both sides like to play with one and it will be a battle in the box to see who will get the upper hand. If the hawks play with a loose man then we have the opportunity to effectively double team Lance Franklin. On the other hand the hawks can do alot of damage by playing guys like Hodge in a very damaging role.

Callan can take Rioli. Pace is not as big an issue with a guy like Rioli who does most of his sprinting when running towards goal. Callan can bump him, scrag him and trip him up every time he turns towards goal. Pace really hurts you on leading types but if Timmy uses his brain then he is half a chance to keep him quiet.

We desperately need to get Hudson up for the game. He was huge against them last time and helps negate the Mitchell influence around stoppages. The spotlight is going to be on Cooney and Griffen who have been dissapointing during the second half of the season for mine. We really need Griffens explosiveness around the congestion this week. If Sewell goes to Cooney (dont think he will) then I would send Coons forward early. My gut feeling is that Clarkson will try and expose Cooney defensively with a more damaging type. Cooney would be a tough extra match up problem for the hawks and I would have no problem with him going forward for periods.

As noted earlier in the thread Ray looms as a strange selection dilemma. A proven finals performer and one of our best against the hawks earlier in the year. On the other hand he has been pretty ordinary of late.

Morris will play on Buddy IMO. He can go with him on the lead and then we will need to rely on a good group effort from the rest of the backline to help him out. Its true that Hawthorn have lots of attacking options but the stats show they simply dont use them that often. Watch for Lake to get off Roughhead at every opportunity, thats if he isn't playing as a loose man.

You would think Boydy will go to Mitchell again. Had the better of him in Tasmania IMO.

The Pie Man
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM

I heard the same rumour today (which is what I was referring to in my 'Rumours' post - is it actually worth posting what it is given I have no source or idea if true)

Mantis
03-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Good work TBB, can't disagree with much of that.

Agree with many of those match-up's, but think Boyd will take Mitchell.

For me it come's down top restricting the influence of 5 player's for Hawthorn.

1 & 2 - Buddy & Roughead - the twin tower's up forward.
3 - Hodge - the distributor off half back.
4 - Mitchell - the clearance winner.
5 - Bateman - the ball carrier through the midfield.

How we go about it and with which strategies is up for debate, but if we don't put time and effort into restricting these player's output then we will be pushing 'manure' up hill.

Our intensity will be the key, we must make our tackle's stick. The Hawthorn players like to take the tackler on using there size and strength to bust through the tackle so that they can distribute the ball by hand to an open player, Mitchell and Lewis are two that do this to great effect. We need to stop them in there tracks. Our tackling in Tassie against the Hawks was outstanding and we need a similiar effort in this game.

Another key will be our skill level, we need to be clean by hand and foot. We have been making too many skill errors in our recent game's, if we make mistake's against the Hawks we will get burnt on the counter.

Really looking forward to this one. Player's reputations are forged on their performance's in finals so I am hoping that our players stand up on the big stage.

LostDoggy
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm confident.
Bateman to me is a tad overated. Mitchell we can shut down. Hodge is the one we have to stop.

bornadog
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm confident.
Bateman to me a tad overated. Mitchell we can shut down. Hodge is the one we have to stop.

I agree, I think he is the most damaging midfielder they have.