PDA

View Full Version : Four Dogs in AA Squad

Scorlibo
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Dale Morris, Rob Murphy, Adam Cooney and Daniel Cross have been named in the All-Australian squad. Aker surely should have been named? Gilbee?

LostDoggy
02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Gilbee has had a good year i dont think its been his best though..

No Gia? Guido has had a career best year..

No aker doesnt surprise me, that guy needs to do something special in every single game to get picked..

I think Cooney & Murphy will get in, with Morris unlucky to miss out...im hoping Morris & Cooney in though.

1eyedog
03-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I would think Shaggy would be unlucky, although there is a plethora of his type as well and Milburn will probably get the nod again.

Sedat
03-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I would think Shaggy would be unlucky, although there is a plethora of his type as well and Milburn will probably get the nod again.
Beat me to it. Shaggy has undoubtedly had a better season than Morris, but the cretins in the media take a while to catch on - they were 12 months late with Morris and they will be 12 months late with Shaggy.

Shaggy is a big chance to go top 3 in our B&F.

Cyberdoggie
03-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Beat me to it. Shaggy has undoubtedly had a better season than Morris, but the cretins in the media take a while to catch on - they were 12 months late with Morris and they will be 12 months late with Shaggy.

Shaggy is a big chance to go top 3 in our B&F.

Hmm, perhaps i've been watching different games than you guys.

I think Shaggy has had a good year but he's had a few ordinary games as well,
Don't forget he's been playing on the 3rd option forward most cases.

It's funny that we are debating over morris and shaggy for AA, yet last year our best and fairest was Brian Lake and i'm sure if we took a poll, we would all suggest that he is probably our most important player. Without Brian our defence becomes fragile and vulnerable to talls, his report during the week had me very worried.

Sedat
03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Hmm, perhaps i've been watching different games than you guys.

I think Shaggy has had a good year but he's had a few ordinary games as well,
Don't forget he's been playing on the 3rd option forward most cases.

It's funny that we are debating over morris and shaggy for AA, yet last year our best and fairest was Brian Lake and i'm sure if we took a poll, we would all suggest that he is probably our most important player. Without Brian our defence becomes fragile and vulnerable to talls, his report during the week had me very worried.
Apart from a couple of matches in the last month, Shaggy hasn't been beaten by anyone this season. He has provided defensive rebound drive, comprehensively beaten his direct opponent just about every week and has even sneaked forward and kicked a few. He's been one of our best and most reliable this season. That is not to devalue Morris' season, but I personally think that Shaggy just has him covered in 2008.

Lake is just critical to our structure. He is the only defender capable of taking the gorilla forwards, and allows Morris and Shaggy to take smaller opponents. He's very quick as well and can provide great rebound drive when the match-up warrants in a given week. We have no choice but to live with his occasional brain explosions.

Scorlibo
03-09-2008, 01:12 PM

They were 12 months late with Gilbee as well, his 2005 breakout season was his best, but he didn't get named.

I think that there are two players who deserve to be named in the AA team, Cooney and Aker. Its a pity that the selectors have the memory of a goldfish otherwise Aker would be a certainty. Gilbee I thought would have at least been named in the squad, he has been as good as any other current half-back this year, and with the goldfish memory I thought that his good form of late would be fresh in the selectors minds. Not to be. Murph, Morris and Cross I would have classed as being a little off the pace but the media love Murph and the Glove so who knows they might just get in. :rolleyes:

Go_Dogs
03-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Aker is very unlucky, his last month or so of footy cost him badly. Was a definite AA starter in the first half of the season.

Overall, pretty much spot on.