PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: Open Training Session

BulldogBelle
07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
For those wanting to catch a glimpse of our boys training there is an open training session planned for Tuesday 9th September at 9.45am for a 10.00am start...

-------

Open Training in Week 2 of the 2008 Finals will be:

DATE: Tuesday, 9th September

TIME: 9.45am for a 10am training start. Training will finish around 10.45am.

ENTRY: Entry is via HOCKING STREET.

ALL access to open training sessions will be via the new In-Fill Building (four storey glass building) .

Entry will NOT be permitted via Whitten Avenue, Cross Street, Gordon Street or the oval.

SEATING: Guests will be able to view the open training session from the EJ Whitten Stand ONLY accessible only via the glass Infill Building.

Click on the Link for further details....

Week 2: Open Training Session (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=67056)

LostDoggy
08-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll be there anyone else planning on attending??

westdog54
08-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm working till late tonight but I might make an appearance.

bornadog
08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I will be there again

Mantis
08-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I sliced off a chunk of my little finger tonight while peeling a potato, what a spasso.

Means I have tomorrow off so I might have to wander down for a look.

westdog54
09-09-2008, 01:50 AM
I sliced off a chunk of my little finger tonight while peeling a potato, what a spasso.

Were you using a machete to peel the potato, or are you just hopeless in the kitchen?:D

Go_Dogs
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Well timed mishap.

LostDoggy
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I took a sickie but forgot training was on today :( should of planned it better haha

Twodogs
09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I went along and spoke to Sockeye, Mantis, Westdog and Bornadag-good to see you boys.

Murph just did run throughs but didnt look proppy at all. Hudson did ruck drills in the centre and looked as proppy as buggery. No Gilbs, Johnno or Cooney that I saw...

Mantis
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Good to catch up with a few poster's.

Only 18 or 19 trained. Only person added to the squad was Addison who moved just ok. He did some run through's at the end of training up and down the ground.

The player's only did some light kicking and handballing drills.

Twodogs
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
He was obviously lost! :D

Tragically got lost on his way to a job. Had to drop into Whitten Oval to reorientate himself...

LostDoggy
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Hudson proppy? No good...

It would be nice if Addison was an inclusion :) We need at least one hard player in the side this week.. (Dreams come true, dont they? ;))

Oh and Mantis: Did callan ward train?

westdog54
09-09-2008, 01:42 PM

It would be nice if Addison was an inclusion :) We need at least one hard player in the side this week.. (Dreams come true, dont they? ;))

Didn't see Callan Ward, might have had school today:)

I have a feeling the other half of the squad might have been inside, the only 'talls' I saw were Minson and Hudson.

Very short session, should've bought a two-hour train ticket.

Missed a train from West Footscray by about a minute so I jogged to Yarraville station instead. Best I've felt in months.

Mantis
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Good to catch up with a few poster's.

Only 18 or 19 trained. Only person added to the squad was Addison who moved just ok. He did some run through's at the end of training up and down the ground.

The player's only did some light kicking and handballing drills.

Answer is in bold.

bornadog
09-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Good to catch up with a few guys, otherwise it was a bit of a waste of time. I think the Willy players (other than Addison) were exempt or trained in doors due to playing Sunday.

Cooney just did a few drills with another player handballing back and forth. Minson and Huddo practised ball ups and Griffen sharked the ball.

Very easy session.

Despite some media reports etc and Rockets ranting I don't believe they will make many changes. Addison may be an inclusion but that will mean we will have, Higgins, Callan and Addison all not at their peak after injuries.

Mantis
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Good to catch up with a few guys, otherwise it was a bit of a waste of time. I think the Willy players (other than Addison) were exempt or trained in doors due to playing Sunday.

Cooney just did a few drills with another player handballing back and forth. Minson and Huddo practised ball ups and Griffen sharked the ball.

Very easy session.

Despite some media reports etc and Rockets ranting I don't believe they will make many changes. Addison may be an inclusion but that will mean we will have, Higgins, Callan and Addison all not at their peak after injuries.

Add to that list Hahn & Hudson.

LostDoggy
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
What a waste of time that was to go, i thought training ment they were actually going to train, not jsut have a jog around half the oval, a few stretches and some handballing.

On a positive note it was bloody good to be back in the Whitten Oval, havent seen the inside since the family day, only drive past it every morning on my way to work, but to back inside, sitting in the Whitten stand was very very very good. The bulldog shop is huge as well.

Sockeye Salmon
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Tragically got lost on his way to a job. Had to drop into Whitten Oval to reorientate himself...

Got a call last week from a bloke in Gordon St asking me to come out and talk about a project. I told him I was booked up but would call him back Monday. As soon as I found out when training was I called him back and told him I would be there at 9am Tuesday.

Easy.

Cyberdoggie
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
What a waste of time that was to go, i thought training ment they were actually going to train, not jsut have a jog around half the oval, a few stretches and some handballing.

On a positive note it was bloody good to be back in the Whitten Oval, havent seen the inside since the family day, only drive past it every morning on my way to work, but to back inside, sitting in the Whitten stand was very very very good. The bulldog shop is huge as well.

Did you not read that training was between 10-10:45 ?

45min training isn't really going to be training. :(

Mantis
10-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Another thing was that I saw Brett Ratten, Brett Montgomery & someone else (??) sitting high up in the EJ Whitten stand. Don't think they would have got too much out of the session.

On Monty did anyone else note that he was sitting with Westy on Friday night.

bornadog
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM

Its meant to be skills training, handball, kicking, ruck work etc. Pretty lame session though.

Rocket Science
10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Another thing was that I saw Brett Ratten, Brett Montgomery & someone else (??) sitting high up in the EJ Whitten stand. Don't think they would have got too much out of the session.

On Monty did anyone else note that he was sitting with Westy on Friday night.

Yep, noticed Mont with poor ol Westy...

Curious to know what Ratten would be doing though...who've we got coming out of contract that moneybags Pratt has given them the green light to target?

Even more wildly...If they think they're getting nearer the mark, would they dare ink Westy for a year?...And if we tell him his time is up, would he go?

bornadog
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yep, noticed Mont with poor ol Westy...

Curious to know what Ratten would be doing though...who've we got coming out of contract that moneybags Pratt has given them the green light to target?

Even more wildly...If they think they're getting nearer the mark, would they dare ink Westy for a year?...And if we tell him his time is up, would he go?

Interesting, we were thinking the same when we saw Ratten ie who would they be targetting? What does Carlton need right now that we have? Would they go for a Ray? What would they offer?

Mantis
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Interesting, we were thinking the same when we saw Ratten ie who would they be targetting? What does Carlton need right now that we have? Would they go for a Ray? What would they offer?

They were paying particular attention to the group at Geelong rd end which conatined the midfield types (Boyd, Cross, Ray, Gia, Addison, Callan etc.).

Couldn't quite make out what they were talking about, I will need to improve my stalking skills...

LostDoggy
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Ratten would of been there to watch a finals side train and get fresh ideas. I think you are reading to much into it Bornadog.
And I dont think any club would even consider taking West.

bornadog
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
They were paying particular attention to the group at Geelong rd end which conatined the midfield types (Boyd, Cross, Ray, Gia, Addison, Callan etc.).

Couldn't quite make out what they were talking about, I will need to improve my stalking skills...

Oh, I remember you decided to go up into the stand, now I know why:D

LostDoggy
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Well we know Ratts loves #1 Draft Picks..

Hands off Cooney Ratten.

LostDoggy
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes i did read that, but i did expect them to do a litle bit more than they did.

I did see Brett and Brett (Monty n Ratten) and was going to ask if anyone knew who the other guy was. Was sooo good to see Monty again.

dog town
11-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I doubt Ratten would have been there to recruit. More likely he was just keeping his finger in the finals pie.

For the record I think Carlton need a tall defender, a small or medium forward and a ruckmen. They need another forward desperately as they will not win a flag when they are so reliant on Fev. They have the least amount of 100 goal a season players in history yet they have the most flags. That probably tells you something about the worth of having guys who kick almost all of your score. I think Carlton would jump at any mid size or small forward who is under 25/26 and has quality.

westdog54
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I doubt Ratten would have been there to recruit. More likely he was just keeping his finger in the finals pie.

For the record I think Carlton need a tall defender, a small or medium forward and a ruckmen. They need another forward desperately as they will not win a flag when they are so reliant on Fev. They have the least amount of 100 goal a season players in history yet they have the most flags. That probably tells you something about the worth of having guys who kick almost all of your score. I think Carlton would jump at any mid size or small forward who is under 25/26 and has quality.

Higgins?