PDA

View Full Version : Fade Out Theory

becmatty
08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
It is of grave concern that the last two seasons have delivered similar mid/late season fadeouts.

2007/8, Rounds 1-15: 80% win ratio

2007/8, Rounds 16+: 17% win ratio

It is an alarming drop off two seasons on the trot. 80% would have you on top ordinarily, while 17% is a spoon contender...

So what/what is to blame? (and can we turn it around?)

a) Conditioning coach (has he and his team left us underdone two years in a row?)

b) An aging list which contains West, Johnson, Akermanis, Eagleton, Hudson, Welsh who have all shown signs that a long season has taken its toll

c) Management of players - Especially with our finals place assured, there wasn't much in the way of resting and conditioning players in the lead-up to the finals - Has the coaching and management staff over-cooked us?

d) Player's attitudes.

e) Early pre-season start causing a burn out?

What is your theory?

FrediKanoute
08-09-2008, 01:26 AM
2007 had much to do with injuries to players like Gilbee, Cross, Griffin, Grant etc robbing us of their services and lack of preseason for guys like Cooney, Darcy, Hahn, Murphy etc. By round 15/16 we were spent.

2008 I think the problem is the reverse. We started the preseason in October and I think we have just gotten to the stage where the guys are physically/psychologically tired. The little niggles which would ordinarily be shrugged off hurt and the second efforts required just don't happen.

1eyedog
08-09-2008, 11:34 AM
That stupid more intense training theory 6 weeks out from the finals. It burnt us out and we haven't recovered.

LostDoggy
08-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Same thing happened to Adelaide didn't it?

LostDoggy
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Am i the only person who keeps thinking the title says 'Eade out Theory'?