PDA

View Full Version : Our inspiration - Where will it come from?

Mantis
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
From listening to all the press conferences and interviews and reading all the articles I have concluded that we have a very flat group at the moment. I therefore beg the question where will our inspiration come from tomorrow night?

What I mean is which player will make a stand for the team. Which one player will have the attitude of, "Boys just jump on my back cause I'm taking us to a PF".

Do we have one player who can do this? Other teams do, when Geelong were struggling in the PF last year Gary Ablett almost carried them over the line, Hodge lifted last week for the Hawks, we've all see Hird, Carey and the sort do it over the years.

But do we have someone wearing the red, white and blue who will take the added responsibility of lifting us tomorrow night, because at present all I can see are a bunch of very flat player's who if they get a few goals down early will probably hold like a pack of cards.

I'm putting the call out to Adam Cooney to lift this club cause we ****ing need you to. You're our best player so get out there and carry our team over the line. Show us some passion, show us you care, show us some aggression. If the Sydney players are giving you the shits get mad, start a fight, do something.

It's time for you to make a stand, over to you Adam.

Dancin' Douggy
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
We've got a lot of players that ALMOST fit the bill.
Hahn. Inspiring but not skilled enough.
Murphy. Sparkling but lacks the frame to really lead the troops.
Johnno of course, but I hate to say it. He's starting to look old.
Aker could if he isn't playing in a %#@%&$* back pocket.
Cross. Courageous but not inspiring in an Ablettesque way. (goals, thrilling runs etc)

Griffen. He's the man for me. Breathtaking runs. Long goals. Breaking tackles.
He plays like a thoroughbred born for the big stage and the big moment.
Maybe he will come of age and "arrive".

Cooney could to it too, I agree.

Imagine if they both do it. I will cry tears of joy

DOG GOD
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
It doesnt need ONE player to do it...it needs 22 players to do it.

There should be 22 LEADERS out there, battling for eachother and playing for eachother. Footy is a TEAM sport....play like it.

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
The inspiration should come from the fact that we got flogged on the biggest stage of all in front of millions of people!! If that can't give the boys some reason to fire up I'm not sure what can??

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
It doesnt need ONE player to do it...it needs 22 players to do it.

There should be 22 LEADERS out there, battling for eachother and playing for eachother. Footy is a TEAM sport....play like it.

Amen Dog God!!

Dancin' Douggy
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
It's like a Kiss concert. It's a group effort.
But P. Stanley is always B.O.G

DOG GOD
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM

CLASSIC Dougie...CLASSIC :D:D:D

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM

I know Ace can let the team down if he isn't switched on!!

DOG GOD
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Get me in the rooms before the game and if they dont come out firing, they never will.

hujsh
11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
My first natural reaction was Johnson but i don't see it happening like it used to.

Then Cooney was the next thought and while he can do it i have a feeling if someone does it it may be Griff. It could a Brock McLean style, here I am I'm a future, star game. A 30 possie game would be enough for mine and probably his first haul of 30+.

Can just imagine Sydney trying to clog it up and Griff ripping it to shreds.

Happy Days
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Griff's a natural leader....he was captian of SA in the u18's IIRC.

westdog54
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
My first thoughts for inspiration were Murphy and Hahn.

All that bollocks about having to wait for a final as long as they did, and they froze.

This week I want them to go out and show the football world what finals football means to them. Grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and in Mitch's case grab a couple of defenders by the scruff of the neck, and do some justice to the build-up that record created.

westdog54
11-09-2008, 09:19 PM
And if all else fails, get Pacino to fire them up.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

Mantis
11-09-2008, 09:24 PM
And if that one fails we could always give this one a go.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gy-Cq75BWY

LostDoggy
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Pulling on the Red, White and Blue in a semi final should be inspiration enough!

Bumper Bulldogs
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
The boys will come out fired up and the leaders will be Jonno, Mitch & Lake.

Sounds like ground hog day!!!!!

Bumper Bulldogs
11-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Pulling on the Red, White and Blue in a semi final should be inspiration enough!

I'm with you and if this is not enough inspiration why do we have them at the Dogs to start with.

1eyedog
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Big Will to take two contested marks in the goal square inside of 5 minutes he will go troppo and the rest will follow.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2008, 12:37 AM
The pressure is on Cooney - he needs to step up and perform now.

Minson is another; he's got a big body and some aggression/passion, but we haven't seen it for a while. He was absolutely horrible last week, we need him to throw his weight around and get a bit of 'fire in the belly'.

Dry Rot
12-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Griffen will need to be careful to choose when he runs - generally Sydney's tackles stick.

Go_Dogs
12-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Griffen will need to be careful to choose when he runs - generally Sydney's tackles stick.

I expect Kirk to line up on Griff and block his run anyway.

LostDoggy
12-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I love the way Griff runs the line he takes it on even last week the bloke din't take a step back was willing to take the risk to run and carry the lines to give us something. Hope he can be just one of many tonight showing everyone why we deserve to be there. We need all 22 blokes contributing to get over the line.

1eyedog
13-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Big Will to take two contested marks in the goal square inside of 5 minutes he will go troppo and the rest will follow.

Just got home, did I pick this? I reckon I did! How did he look on Telly cause he did some pretty special things live......

hujsh
13-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Just got home, did I pick this? I reckon I did! How did he look on Telly cause he did some pretty special things live......

almost sad when he shrugged off Spida

The Coon Dog
13-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Look no further than the Captain tonight!!!

He took a blow that would have rendered most of us unconcious for a week, but he was back out there 5 minutes later.

Surely the rest of the team must have been inspired by Johnno's courage after that. I know I was.

westdog54
13-09-2008, 01:29 AM
almost sad when he shrugged off Spida

Almost...

That passage of play just about finished Spida's career. The saddest thing is that while Will was able to follow up the kick with a second effort to help force the stoppage, Spida was still 30 metres away, jogging up to the ball up

Go_Dogs
13-09-2008, 01:59 AM
I expect Kirk to line up on Griff and block his run anyway.

Thankfully this was prevented from happening.

Good coaching tonight. :D

LostDoggy
13-09-2008, 03:18 AM
What about Captain Griff - I thought he was the one that really started to get the momentum going in the second.

ledge
13-09-2008, 10:41 AM
What about the kids , how good was Hill tonight, he is going to be a star, we talk about looking for a CHF, well just maybe...... some gym over summer, he has great marking ability and can gather the ball down low, has our CHF been under our noses all this time?
Tiller just love the work tonight, he tackled everyone and anyone, its a wonder Eade wasnt tackled at the breaks the way Tiller went about it, would never question his endeavour and his disposal came good tonight too
Harbrow, isnt he a hard kid, always presents himself and second efforts are mighty.
Inspiration came from those 3 as well.
Loved Callans run too, straight and direct unlike Ray who bounces it in circles then gives it up.

1eyedog
13-09-2008, 10:45 AM
What about the kids , how good was Hill tonight, he is going to be a star, we talk about looking for a CHF, well just maybe...... some gym over summer, he has great marking ability and can gather the ball down low, has our CHF been under our noses all this time?
Tiller just love the work tonight, he tackled everyone and anyone, its a wonder Eade wasnt tackled at the breaks the way Tiller went about it, would never question his endeavour and his disposal came good tonight too
Harbrow, isnt he a hard kid, always presents himself and second efforts are mighty.
Inspiration came from those 3 as well.
Loved Callans run too, straight and direct unlike Ray who bounces it in circles then gives it up.

At 186cm I don't think so. He is a slight lad as well and two years in the gym ain't gonna make much difference. He's not a CHF, he's a flanker.

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 11:14 AM
At 186cm I don't think so. He is a slight lad as well and two years in the gym ain't gonna make much difference. He's not a CHF, he's a flanker.

I think he might still be growing. It wouldn't surprise me if he is closer to 189cm but as you say he won't be able to play as a CHF. I could see him as a leading full forward though on occasions.

Twodogs
13-09-2008, 11:15 AM
And if all else fails, get Pacino to fire them up.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

I love Pacino and all that but it's a bit hard to take a team seriously when they're all sitting there in B-boy hats and chillout glasses.

craigsahibee
14-09-2008, 08:46 PM

How good was Big Will during that 3rd qtr. His run and bounces and willingness to take them on was isnpirational. Well done Wilbur.

Ozza
15-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Really great to see Shaun Higgins beginning to get back to where he was at before the injuries...he has improved every week and may prove a handful in the prelim...