PDA

View Full Version : Swannies supporters

mighty_west
13-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Thought this deserved a thread of its own, but the last time i watched Sydney play live was the last time they came to Melbourne to play us - a LOOOOOONG time ago.

But last night, and hearing peoples experiences in Sydney, about their supporters not having a clue, and you know what, they just kept me laughing, seriously, they even complained that Higgins got a free even though Leo Barry got reported, i think the line was something like, thats it umps, always supporting the Vic teams - taking the piss? surely!

All game going on & on about how they were being crucified by the umps, hey, they even had a cry at Shaggy saying he was a dirty dog, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Barry Hall anyone?

The more they sooked, the louder and bigger our cheers were after each goal, that 3rd quarter was awesome, raising the arms after each goal with a very loud YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!

I don't usually say alot at games, i;m more your "just like to watch" a game supporter, although i do cheer when we kick a goal, but i lost my voice last night, lines such as "thats it Swannies, another turnover" and "gee, i thought Sydney were better than this" to "3 from 3 in 2008, your are OWNED"!!!!

They clearly have no clue, and if i really wanted to win any game of footy, was last night, just to shut those nuff nuff Sydney supporters up.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

GVGjr
13-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I was surrounded by plenty of Swans supporters and didn't find them too bad. Yes, they don't seem to be as clued up as other supporters but I really couldn't complain. I was even talking to a few of them on the train home and they seemed genuinely complimentary with the way the Dogs acquitted themselves.
I have been to a few games up in Sydney and it is a vastly different experience.

I tend to have the earphones on during the game so I might have missed a bit of stupid banter.

craigsahibee
13-09-2008, 12:49 PM
They've got nothin' on Hawthorn supporters.

mighty_west
13-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I was surrounded by plenty of Swans supporters and didn't find them too bad. Yes, they don't seem to be as clued up as other supporters but I really couldn't complain. I was even talking to a few of them on the train home and they seemed genuinely complimentary with the way the Dogs acquitted themselves.
I have been to a few games up in Sydney and it is a vastly different experience.

I tend to have the earphones on during the game so I might have missed a bit of stupid banter.

Well the supporters behind us must have taken the trip down to Melbourne then, they were shocking, just clueless, they sounded as though they were sipping on some champagne as well.