PDA

View Full Version : This "we have nothing to lose" line is utter crap!

mighty_west
14-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry Brad Johnson, but that line you used is just garbage, i really hope you don't practice what you preach sometimes, we have EVERYTHING to lose.

Yeah sure, we go in as massive underdogs [even though as a supporter, i EXPECT us to win], but thats a totally different thing to say that we have nothing to lose!

What do we have to lose? another Prelim final perhaps? a chance of just pissing away our 2008 season, a chance of reaching our first Grand Final since 1961?

Meh, thats not important, right?

GVGjr
14-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I find that line a bit disappointing as well. Yes we are the underdogs but we are capable of beating them.

mjp
14-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I think it was meant to indicate a mindset of playing to win, rather than playing not to lose...don't take any of this stuff too literally - he had to say something.

hujsh
14-09-2008, 04:20 PM
The idea is were were written off, gone for all money. While Geelong has been favourite all year. It's their game to lose, they are under the pressure.

Mofra
14-09-2008, 04:28 PM
It's the sort of cliche a Captain is expected to trot out to the media, as if a captain says anything slightly controversial the media frenzy could disrupt our preparation this week.

strebla
14-09-2008, 05:21 PM
You are reading far too much into this comment all he is saying is that the pressure on Geelong is far greater than the presure on the Bulldogs

BulldogBelle
14-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I think it was meant to indicate a mindset of playing to win, rather than playing not to lose...don't take any of this stuff too literally - he had to say something.

I saw it that way also - Lindsay Gilbee also said something similar.

Sedat
15-09-2008, 01:25 AM
If we match our intensity from the Sydney game and can manage to control the unforced errors a little tighter, we will give Geelong a torrid Friday night.

MrMahatma
15-09-2008, 04:15 AM
We'll win this weekend. I can feel an upset brewing.

Ozza
15-09-2008, 11:04 AM

Agree completely. Everyone else just calm down!

LostDoggy
15-09-2008, 03:45 PM
We'll win this weekend. I can feel an upset brewing.
I have had this feeling too. We are in with a much better chance of winning this than we have been given credit for and I think we may just mange to do it.