PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of our 2008 season - membership

LostDoggy
23-09-2008, 11:42 AM
As a result of our fine finish to the season, losing to the cats in a gallant effort. Combined with Adam Cooney winning the Brownlow, do you think we could finally challenge the top Melbourne clubs in terms of membership numbers.

No doubt we will get a healthy boost in members but could we challege the Tigers, Saints etc?

In 2008 we finished with 27,500. If we have a membership campaign this year, unlike last, i cant see a reason why we couldnt get over 35,000.

We have come a long way since 2003 when we had 18,000 members and 27,500 was looked at as a long shot.

I hope the club pump a fair bit of money into next season membership drive to make the most of our fine form in 2008.

Discuss.

bulldogtragic
23-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Exciting football. Aker. A brownlow medalist.

We should be getting some good numbers.

If we can land a quality KPP forward in trade week, hopefully people on the periphery think we can go one better and get to and win the GF.

I think we need to show the hangers-on some pre-season form and really push for members to get on early.

Esentially in my thinking, if we landed a good KPP forward, people will be thinking we're a good shot for a grand final. So if they want to go, they need to be members.

But i agree Borgy, we need to pump some serious money into a very good campaign to get well above 32,000 and hopefully above 35,000.

The Coon Dog
23-09-2008, 11:58 AM
If people don't want to join, or sit on the fence then that's their perogative. I just wish they would realise that they are costing the club they supposedly support by a) not tipping in valuable dollars & b) having the club spend valuable dollars on a campaign to 'drag them over the line'.

Cyberdoggie
23-09-2008, 12:25 PM
If we pick up Barry Hall it would be interesting!

I would imagine the club would of got a lot of $$$ from people upgrading their memberships in the middle of the year as well.

Hopefully we at least get over the 30,000 mark.

bornadog
23-09-2008, 02:04 PM
As a result of our fine finish to the season, losing to the cats in a gallant effort. Combined with Adam Cooney winning the Brownlow, do you think we could finally challenge the top Melbourne clubs in terms of membership numbers.

No doubt we will get a healthy boost in members but could we challege the Tigers, Saints etc?

In 2008 we finished with 27,500. If we have a membership campaign this year, unlike last, i cant see a reason why we couldnt get over 35,000.

We have come a long way since 2003 when we had 18,000 members and 27,500 was looked at as a long shot.

I hope the club pump a fair bit of money into next season membership drive to make the most of our fine form in 2008.

Discuss.

There is no reason why we can't get 35,000. As you mentioned, we need to have the right campaign and build on the momentum, with three finals, plus the Brownlow and go all out by saying we will be aiming for the GF next year.

DOG GOD
23-09-2008, 03:08 PM
If we cant get over the 30,000 next year then there is something majorly wrong with our "supporters" that havent joined. I loathe band wagon jumpers...what happened thru "thick and thin".

Support the club that gives you a feeling of belonging to something special.

The club is trying to do everything it can to do right by its supporters, its about time these "supporters" started returning the favour.

Nearly all on here are members and thats the way it should be, and those that arent should be ashamed of themselves after our year this year.