PDA

View Full Version : Aker last night: 'Next year will be my last'

westdog54
25-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Watched that channel 7 special 'Season's end' last night (not sure why, in hindsight Ramsay's Kitchen Nighmares was the way to go), and Aker said that he's under contract for next year but it would definitely be his last.

Discuss...

bulldogtragic
25-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Watched that channel 7 special 'Season's end' last night (not sure why, in hindsight Ramsay's Kitchen Nighmares was the way to go), and Aker said that he's under contract for next year but it would definitely be his last.

Discuss...
Need to find a replacement match winner.

LostDoggy
25-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Done.

Enter Harbrow.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Does feel kind of good to know the pick used to get Aker, the player got delisted.

Much better feeling than the pick used to get Simon Garlick was Simon Black...

The Coon Dog
25-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Much better feeling than the pick used to get Simon Garlick was Simon Black...

How did that work? Did Sydney on trade the pick to Brisbane?

Sockeye Salmon
25-09-2008, 02:56 PM
How did that work? Did Sydney on trade the pick to Brisbane?

Something to do with Stefan Carey, I think.

Mantis
25-09-2008, 02:59 PM

How many games has Aker won in his 2 years in the Bulldogs colours?

LostDoggy
25-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Done.

Enter Harbrow.

Ill speak geek here in response
BRB while i ROFLMAO at the suggestion Harbrow will excite supporters and win games

Sockeye Salmon
25-09-2008, 04:23 PM
How many games has Aker won in his 2 years in the Bulldogs colours?

Actually, quite a few.

Even last year when he really didn't get going he made some telling contributions when the game was on the line (these are all from 2007).

The Melbourne game where we won by 6 pts, Aker had 11 touches in the last.
Port get back to 3 pts, Aker kicks 2 in a minute
3 pts up on Freo at 3/4 time, Aker kicks 2 early in the last.

Mofra
25-09-2008, 05:51 PM
BRB while i ROFLMAO at the suggestion Harbrow will excite supporters and win games
Don't laugh too hard. He went from averaging singe figures to the Geelong Prelim where he sparked us in the 3rd & 4th; 2 goals in 3 minutes, he hopped, skipped, and took players on in the first passage of play in the 4th where he cleared the ball from defence & got it to our CHF position. He also have Scarlett a nice don't argue.

I'm convinced Harbrow will turn into something special, just give him time.

LostDoggy
25-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Aker has stated all year that next season will be his last.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Don't laugh too hard. He went from averaging singe figures to the Geelong Prelim where he sparked us in the 3rd & 4th; 2 goals in 3 minutes, he hopped, skipped, and took players on in the first passage of play in the 4th where he cleared the ball from defence & got it to our CHF position. He also have Scarlett a nice don't argue.

I'm convinced Harbrow will turn into something special, just give him time.

Agreed.

I'm a big fan of Harbrow, his continual improvement over the course of the season was very pleasing. His early criticisms were that his field kicking/goal kicking needed work, whilst he also needed to 'stay in the game' longer - and not go entirely missing. In the last few months, he really improved. His field kicking was very good and he nailed his shots on goal, I can't remember him missing too many.

His game v Geelong in the PF was fantastic too, a real 'break out' game I suspect.

Hopefully Hill, Harbrow, Stack & Lynch (If he can turn it around) are able to spur one another on for season 09 and beyond.

dog town
25-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Not sure why anyone was ever off the Harbrow bandwagon. Been pretty good from the moment he got here.

Dancin' Douggy
25-09-2008, 07:43 PM
love Harbrow

Happy Days
25-09-2008, 09:05 PM
love Harbrow

So do I, and most of the other posters...but can you honestly see him winning games off his own boot like Aker can?

wb_age
26-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Here's something to chuckle at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO0of56RJd8

bornadog
26-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Here's something to chuckle at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO0of56RJd8

He is an exciting player, at 20 years of age and only 25 games under his belt.

Mofra
26-09-2008, 01:31 PM
So do I, and most of the other posters...but can you honestly see him winning games off his own boot like Aker can?
Yes. Yes. Yes. As many times as Aker? Perhaps not, but it will happen.
He is capable of something special, he can get around opposition backman and loves a contest against blokes bigger than him.

He will tackle, dispossess an opponent and kick the winning goal one day, I absolutely believe it. Every time I see the footage a couple of years back where Kerr tackles Gehrig at Subi on a second effort (brushed aside on the first), I think that's the sort of thing Harbrow is capable of.

ledge
27-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Aker has been wonderful for us, a great pick up and really could you ask for much more?
Apparently he has been really good off the field with blokes like Hill and Harbrow from what i have heard, taking them under his wing.

BulldogBelle
27-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Acker still has explosive pace.

Did you see how he led the 100 meters sprint during the Grand Final today. He shot out in front at the start and wasn't headed until the final stages of the race.

He should be great again during 2008-09.

hujsh
27-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Acker still has explosive pace.

Did you see how he led the 100 meters sprint during the Grand Final today. He shot out in front at the start and wasn't headed until the final stages of the race.

He should be great again during 2008-09.

It was surprising he still has such great acceleration.

bornadog
17-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Good article in The Age today headed Akers Last Stand, but once more can't find the link on realfooty.com.au.

Great insight into Aker, says he almost quit in January because of his calf, rates Rocket as his best coach and says some interesting things. If we can't get a link, worth buying the paper to read.

The Coon Dog
17-04-2009, 11:47 AM
If we can't get a link, worth buying the paper to read.

Or you could do us all a huge favour bornadog & type it up! ;)

ledge
17-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Bulldog supporters read THE AGE?
What is this world coming too?

Dancin' Douggy
17-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Hope over fear

bornadog
17-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Or you could do us all a huge favour bornadog & type it up! ;)

Double page spread, I better get started:D