PDA

View Full Version : Jarrad Boumann

vho
28-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Hello, my first post. Anyone know much about this fella? are there any vids of him? I heard he's dominating in the Willi reserves and I recall my mate telling me he kicked a 6 or 7 bag in one of his games.
I just hope he along with Grant develop into the players we sorely miss. Interesting to see how highly Aker rates Grant's jukes http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24394946-19775,00.html (skip to 10:19).

bulldogtragic
28-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard vho.

Nice compliment from Aker. Remember, he was number 1 for contested marks in the TAC cup...

Bou played a couple of games in the Willi one's. Started the year with an adjustment issue or two. On field started down back and didn't seem at ease at all. He was moved down forward as he has played in juniors and started kicking goals which forced him into he onces. Dropped back and kicked a few bags. Had a decent finals campaign and kicked goals.

Admittadly, it's Willi ressies, but Walsh and Wells weren't doing what he's doing. He's not the messiah, but a a full pre-season and keeping out of trouble will do him the world of good. Relaistically i'd like to see him cement a spot at Willi next year.

Sockeye Salmon
28-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome aboard vho.

Nice compliment from Aker. Remember, he was number 1 for contested marks in the TAC cup...
Bou played a couple of games in the Willi one's. Started the year with an adjustment issue or two. On field started down back and didn't seem at ease at all. He was moved down forward as he has played in juniors and started kicking goals which forced him into he onces. Dropped back and kicked a few bags. Had a decent finals campaign and kicked goals.

Admittadly, it's Willi ressies, but Walsh and Wells weren't doing what he's doing. He's not the messiah, but a a full pre-season and keeping out of trouble will do him the world of good. Relaistically i'd like to see him cement a spot at Willi next year.

Actually Jarrod Grant was no. 1 for contested marks in the TAC cup.

So was Patrick Wiggins.

vho
28-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Pity Grant has been injured for so long. :(

bulldogtragic
28-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Actually Jarrod Grant was no. 1 for contested marks in the TAC cup.

So was Patrick Wiggins.
Aker's comments were about Grant.

Not such a great stat considering your Wiggins stat...

MrMahatma
29-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Pity Grant has been injured for so long. :(
Not necessarily. He can play footy, his problem is he's too small. He's spent the time in the gym getting bigger, cause he's had OP, which hasn't stopped him doing weights.

Could be a blessing in disguise. It's not as bad an injury as Williams had with his foot.

The key with these young kids is pre-seasons. If he can be fit and get a full pre-season in, he'll develop. Williams keeps getting hurt early in the pre-season. Need him to get through unscathed this year too.

vho
29-09-2008, 02:16 AM
urgh, the dreaded OP, how bad is it?, hopefully it's not as bad as Luke Ball's. Do you think we will see him in the seniors next year? (barring he doesn't get injured and that he'd added some weight on that light frame of his).

anthj
29-09-2008, 01:54 PM
urgh, the dreaded OP, how bad is it?, hopefully it's not as bad as Luke Ball's. Do you think we will see him in the seniors next year? (barring he doesn't get injured and that he'd added some weight on that light frame of his).

I think it was the onset of OP so they rested him for the rest of the season. So I think he spent his time mostly in the gym. Hopefully he has a big pre-season and can play in the seniors!

Happy Days
29-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Its not all bad....Cooney had OP and he turned out alright :D

bornadog
29-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Boumann is a good size at 196cm, but needs to put on at least 10kg over summer. If he can continue his form in the seniors as he has done in the reserves, he may get a game in the second half of the year.

LostDoggy
29-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Boumann is a good size at 196cm, but needs to put on at least 10kg over summer. If he can continue his form in the seniors as he has done in the reserves, he may get a game in the second half of the year.

Judging from the pictures of the Brownlow night he looks to be capable of becoming a decent size. Very similar to Franklins body type.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm just praying ke keeps his head screwed on right through the pre-season.

bornadog
29-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm just praying ke keeps his head screwed on right through the pre-season.

that is the main concern

Bulldog Revolution
29-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Judging from the pictures of the Brownlow night he looks to be capable of becoming a decent size. Very similar to Franklins body type.

I think those pictures you might be referring to were perhaps James Mulligan rather than Boumann

They both have good height on their hair

bornadog
29-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I think those pictures you might be referring to were perhaps James Mulligan rather than Boumann

They both have good height on their hair

Even so, I have seen him at training and he has a great shape, wide shoulders.

Mulligan looks like this:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/OKeefeMulligan246.jpg

with OKeefe.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Jebus, Mulligan is a fair lump of a lad...

GVGjr
29-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Jebus, Mulligan is a fair lump of a lad...

Good build and very athletic. Needs to improve his marking. I was told the club wanted him to play CHB for the Williamstown 2nds but because Shaw was injured so much they couldn't do a lot in that area.
He needs another season with us.

Mantis
29-09-2008, 07:41 PM

No they were of Boumann, I saw the same picture.

Bulldog Revolution
29-09-2008, 10:30 PM
No they were of Boumann, I saw the same picture.

It could be I just cant tell which one is which out of these guys

Is this the shot you saw?

wb_age
29-09-2008, 10:44 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/wb_age/0626478800.jpg

Sockeye Salmon
29-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Akermanis, Wood, Eagleton, Cooney, Ray, Higgins, Boumann.

Scorlibo
29-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Faz looks like he's had a few too many. He's holding that lager like he holds the footy - bad news.

MrMahatma
30-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Damn I hope he can come on.

bornadog
30-09-2008, 12:05 AM

Boy Boumann is a big lad too, hope he can play footy

MrMahatma
30-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Boy Boumann is a big lad too, hope he can play footy
Eagle's throwing the flirty eyes his way.

Scraggers
30-09-2008, 10:50 PM

It looks as though Aker has just dropped his guts and Wood was the first to feel the effects of its evil odor :eek: