PDA

View Full Version : When do we get news about next year's Fixture?

LostDoggy
14-10-2008, 01:01 PM
The Adelaide Press is all over the draft fixture for next year as it relates to the Crows and Power

No news on the Bulldogs website.

We play neither Crows or Port twice but I don't know whether our one game against both is at home or away

The Coon Dog
15-10-2008, 09:17 AM
The following is in today's little paper (no link).

It is also believe the Western Bulldogs will have to fly to Perth for a round 1 opener against Fremantle at Subiaco.

The Dogs are likely to have a tough start to the season with a trip to Perth to tackle West Coast penciled in for round 4.

They have avoided a visit to Tasmania but will play a home game in Canberra against Sydney. The Dogs also head to Darwin again.

The sweetener for the Dogs could be more matches in the high-profile Friday night slot. The Dogs are expected to play five Friday night games.

LostDoggy
15-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Very interesting...

Bit harsh with 2 trips to perth in the first 4 rounds though..

Friday night games are cool, can go straight from work

aker39
15-10-2008, 11:09 AM
That's shame, I was hoping to go to Tassie next year.

Scraggers
15-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm happy ... I get to see my team live at least twice next year :D

westdog54
15-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Very interesting...

Bit harsh with 2 trips to perth in the first 4 rounds though..

Friday night games are cool, can go straight from work

The way I see it, if we get the two toughest road trips in football out of the way within 4 weeks then chances are that gives us a fairly generous run home, particularly if we have a return match against either team.

LostDoggy
15-10-2008, 03:32 PM
The way I see it, if we get the two toughest road trips in football out of the way within 4 weeks then chances are that gives us a fairly generous run home, particularly if we have a return match against either team.

Yeah good way to look at it, much better option than playing the last 2/4 games away (Like we did this year i think..)

LostDoggy
15-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Well if Freo and West Coast are as bad as they were this year that should almost be two wins penciled in already! Five friday night games should be great exposure for potential Sponsors and also attracting new members.

LostDoggy
15-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Well if Freo and West Coast are as bad as they were this year that should almost be two wins penciled in already! Five friday night games should be great exposure for potential Sponsors and also attracting new members.

geez relax bitofbite....season 2008 aint cold yet!! lets not say anything rash!!:D

LostDoggy
15-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd be happy to play in Perth twice at the start of the season, rather than at the end when they're all tired etc.

It's silly, but I always like to play in Melbourne round 1, after the long wait of the summer having to wait another week to see them play is like torture. I'll get over it.

bornadog
15-10-2008, 05:49 PM
That's shame, I was hoping to go to Tassie next year.

I am hoping to go to Darwin . Been there twice, great trip.

phantomdog
15-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Would like to go to Canberra again. Hope we play in WA over Easter then I can go see my beloved dogs while I am on holidays :)

The Bulldogs Bite
15-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd be happy to play in Perth twice at the start of the season, rather than at the end when they're all tired etc.

It's silly, but I always like to play in Melbourne round 1, after the long wait of the summer having to wait another week to see them play is like torture. I'll get over it.

Been a while since we haven't been able to see the boys play live in Round 1. I actually can't remember the last time, having said, it was probably two years ago ;)