PDA

View Full Version : International Rules

Go_Dogs
24-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone taking an interest in this tonight?

I'm going to sink a few coldies and have a bit of a view. Hopefully there is a bit of niggle and some excitement, it's already been too long a break from football and it hasn't even been a month yet.

aker39
24-10-2008, 05:52 PM
In a word

NO

LostDoggy
24-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah I'll be watching it, at this time of the year I won't say no to it. I'm going next week.

BulldogBelle
24-10-2008, 06:02 PM
More than likely l will watch it.

LostDoggy
24-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah I will probably watch. I tend to barrack for the Irish though - it's a family thing. Bit hard when Boydy is in the Aussie team though. Son is going and taking his doggie flag and an Irish flag.

Sockeye Salmon
24-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I hope they beat the bejesus out of each other so they cancel any future series.

Scraggers
24-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I hope they beat the bejesus out of each other so they cancel any future series.

I with you SS ... lets get rid of this International Rules rubbish and bring back State Of Origin.

Plus it will be good to see a few fisticuffs tonight

strebla
24-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I will watch i need a fix of some sort .Can't wait for our suppoerter pack dvd of this years highlights that got to help a bit.

Sockeye Salmon
24-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I with you SS ... lets get rid of this International Rules rubbish and bring back State Of Origin.

Plus it will be good to see a few fisticuffs tonight

SOO origin is even worse!

GVGjr
24-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Anyone taking an interest in this tonight?

Very interested in it.

hujsh
24-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Very interested in it.

Really?

It's not bad to watch but I wouldn't have thought anyone would be very interested unless it was for the chance of a fight

GVGjr
24-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Really?

It's not bad to watch but I wouldn't have thought anyone would be very interested unless it was for the chance of a fight

I went to the first series years ago out at VFL Park and have thought it was worth a watch. It's quick, tough and skillful and I'd rather watch that than nothing. I've had a gutfull of those diving soccer players as well.
I hope there is no fighting or it will just distract from the game.

hujsh
24-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I went to the first series years ago out at VFL Park and have thought it was worth a watch. It's quick, tough and skillful and I'd rather watch that than nothing. I've had a gutfull of those diving soccer players as well.
I hope there is no fighting or it will just distract from the game.

It's interesting to hear someone say that. I mind it either. Now that it's back it can replace the cricket as a sport i can watch where we always win .

LostDoggy
24-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Ill be watching and ill be going next week.

Im hoping for no injuries to Boydy, and would rather he didnt play.

Apart from the game, ill be more interested in the crowd next week, theres just something about an Irish accent.

Thats why i love catching up with ex rookie Bernie Collins.

Dogs 24/7
25-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Ill be watching and ill be going next week.

Im hoping for no injuries to Boydy, and would rather he didnt play.

Apart from the game, ill be more interested in the crowd next week, theres just something about an Irish accent.

Thats why i love catching up with ex rookie Bernie Collins.

I will go there as well for a footy fix. Im not holding high expectations but it should be a good experience.
Bernie was alright and I would have like to see him stay around a bit longer.

The Coon Dog
25-10-2008, 12:28 AM

'Tis a terrible ting & all to be sayin'.

Go_Dogs
25-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Didn't get to see the second half, but it wasn't too bad a game. It's interesting watching the players adapt to the round ball. Campbell looked very lively up forward, just feel that we need more bulk on the park, rather than speed.

Some of the Irish guys are pretty strong leading to the ball too - some decent marks last night.

hujsh
25-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Didn't get to see the second half, but it wasn't too bad a game. It's interesting watching the players adapt to the round ball. Campbell looked very lively up forward, just feel that we need more bulk on the park, rather than speed.

Some of the Irish guys are pretty strong leading to the ball too - some decent marks last night.

Sure do. They were better in contested marking situations than we were which was odd.

GVGjr
25-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyone else watch and enjoy the game?

gohardorgohome
25-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Footy played with a round ball is just plain wrong.........Go the Doggies,,,,carn the Victory......but the round ball irish stuff is just not my cup of tea......Why not make it a hybrid of Irish Hurling as well. Playing footy with a hurley (the stick) could make things interesting!!!!

hujsh
25-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Wasn't as great a game to watch compared to other years but still interesting.

Max469
25-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't mind it all.

The "G" is already to go. They finished this morning - seems funny seeing their goal set up on our ground.

But looks good all the same.

firstdogonthemoon
25-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I had a lovely time watching it. Might have been the red wine.

Not enough biff though.

And I never realised how much I hate Dale Thomas. Im not normally a hater but he drives me bananas.

hujsh
25-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Thomas made a crucial tackle, saved the goal got the ball back, ran with it and ran straight into an Irish player ala Boyd this year. And him screwing up made me happy even though it annoyed me.

LostDoggy
25-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I think it's the hair.

And the fake tan for the occasion.

Stevo
26-10-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't mind it but if there was something else on I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

LostDoggy
26-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I didn't mind watching the game, it was very quick and the Irish were very skillful. I didn't see much of Boyd - not sure if that is a good thing (no injuries) or a bad thing.

Gee the Irish team are so excited about playing at the G - it would be good to get a reasonable crowd to make the atmosphere and the game much more enjoyable.

Max469
26-10-2008, 01:40 PM
The expected crowd is 52,000.

Public gates open at 6pm and MCC at 5.30pm.

dadsgirl16
27-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Did Boydy make it back for Crossy's wedding the next day?