PDA

View Full Version : Who scored a bargain?

The Coon Dog
26-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone head down to Bulldogs Central this morning for the sale the club advertised last week?

It was a members only affair & I was fortunate enough to get there just prior to the doors opening at 10am. It was packed & those arriving later had to queue up & wait till others vacated the premises before they were permitted to enter.

When I left there would have been about 50 people lined up waiting to get in.

I picked up a couple of hundred bucks worth of stuff, footy jumpers, polo's, shorts. tops, a coat & a copy of Kevin Hillier's book 'Rocket Science'.

There were plenty of bargains to be had.

LostDoggy
26-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Went there 3 times to see what they had, each time there were a whole lot of people lining up.

Awesome for the club that there were so many people wanting to get in and get something, and also good for my pocket cause ididnt get to go in and have a look around.

Would have been nice to get some xmas presents out of the way tho.

comrade
26-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I scored a polo shirt (good for golfing), a t-shirt, two jackets and a tie. The other half got a jacket, pants and a beanie. All for a couple of hundred bucks. The framed Cooney Brownlow lithograph is now on the Christmas list too. I almost picked up a number 23 training jumper in memory of Doogs. The place was chockablock, so hopefully the club made some good coin.

LostDoggy
26-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I saw you TCD but I don't think you recognised me or weren't watching or something...but yeah, I got some training shorts, a jacket and a top which were the sale items, and I got a few things that were 10% off the normal price- it was absolutely packed.

The Coon Dog
26-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I saw you TCD but I don't think you recognised me or weren't watching or something...but yeah, I got some training shorts, a jacket and a top which were the sale items, and I got a few things that were 10% off the normal price- it was absolutely packed.
Sorry DG38, didn't see you there. I would have said hello otherwise.

Topdog
26-10-2008, 06:27 PM
****, ****, ****, damn! i forgot about this.

LostDoggy
26-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Same here...totally forgot

And i drove past it twice going to Highpoint

I live like a 5-10min walk away, and would have gone

Good to hear it was so packed!

Went to the AFL store at highpoint....
Got my eyes set on this $700 framed Cooney piece..with a replica brownlow in it..

Maybe someone will be nice enough to buy it for me at christmas time :)

Cyberdoggie
27-10-2008, 01:20 AM
so..... was there bargains?

any examples?

The Coon Dog
27-10-2008, 03:42 AM
so..... was there bargains?

any examples?
Bought a polo top for $25 (originally $80), 2 training jumpers @ $20 each & my wife picked up a coat for $35 (originally $70).

LostDoggy
27-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Damn I thought it was'nt for another week.

ledge
27-10-2008, 03:30 PM
A bit hard to go when i received letter about it today! (the Monday after it)

dogs den mum
27-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I received my letter today too! Oh well, the bargains would have to have been EXTREMELY good for me to fly from Tassie for them! It's one of the disadvantages of being an interstate supporter; we miss out on heaps of things like Family Days, etc
Also, still fuming about the fixture for next year-11 games on FOX (which we don't have).

ledge
27-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Why oh why would you live in Tassie??
Move to Melbourne and get all the luxuries! lol

bornadog
27-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I believe due to popularity the sale is being extended.

soupman
28-10-2008, 10:52 AM

But theoretically due to popularity there wouldn't be enough items left to sell.

bornadog
28-10-2008, 11:02 AM
But theoretically due to popularity there wouldn't be enough items left to sell.

Excellent, cleans it out for all the new gear with new sponsorship logos.

Cyberdoggie
28-10-2008, 01:49 PM

Hehe, i love that quote,

in other words, we still have stock to get rid of.

I'm such a glass half empty man!
:rolleyes: