PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day - Nearest the Pin

GVGjr
27-11-2008, 07:33 AM
We have done a number of draft related threads but as we are now very close to draft day it's time for you to nominate your two selections. No multiple selections please.

Pick 31:

Why:

Pick 32:

Why

Mofra
27-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm going to have to stick with Burgan's selections as he normally has his finger on the pulse:
31 – WESTERN BULLDOGS – LIAM JONES
Despite the Burgatron Phantom draft, I doubt Cornelius will be available at our pick if Thompson's trip to Tassie is anything to go by. Aparently rated by a few.

32 – WESTERN BULLDOGS – TOM LEE
Seems a typical Clayton pick; athletic, skinny, and not talked about prior to draft day

Scraggers
27-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Pick 31: Tom Lynch

Why: Ready made footballer, can take a good strong mark and looks comfortable either forward or back, he shows versitility and pace and from the looks of his YT package he has a good footy brain

Pick 32: Jordan Roughead

Why: At his age he looks like a big unit of a kid ... I think he would be a possibility of playing quite a few games this year thus bolstering our height division. He's taller than his cousin and has exceptional ball handling skills for a big man

I think Matt Bugan will be way of the mark ... he is normally good top 10 or 20, but once he gets out beyond that his accuracy wanes. I think Emma Quayle has proved more accurate over the last couple of years

Cyberdoggie
27-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Pick 32: Jordan Roughead

Why: At his age he looks like a big unit of a kid ... I think he would be a possibility of playing quite a few games this year thus bolstering our height division. He's taller than his cousin and has exceptional ball handling skills for a big man

I think Matt Bugan will be way of the mark ... he is normally good top 10 or 20, but once he gets out beyond that his accuracy wanes. I think Emma Quayle has proved more accurate over the last couple of years

wasn't roughead supposed to go much earlier?,
especially with Melbourne's numerous picks in between ours. They will undoubtedly pick a variety of players. They will get their 2 talls. Watts or Nick Nat will be the first.

This draft i think will be the hardest to determine the result. There is really only 1 certainty. Pick 14.

GVGjr
27-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Pick 31

Rhys O'Keefe - 188cm defender.
O'Keefe was very much in the mind of the Bulldogs recruiters earlier in the year and I believe that if he is still available, we shouldn't overlook him.
He is a good mover and uses the ball well and I could see him being used as an attaching half back flanker.

Pick 32

Will Young - 191.5cm forward.
Young has very strong hands in a marking contest and is reasonably quick and athletic for a key position player. This is a tough selection because there should be a number of talented players that would suit us but Young has plenty of upside and would slot in nicely as a key forward in the coming years.

Mantis
27-11-2008, 11:48 AM

A reason for that could possibly be that Emma usually only gives her top 25 which would be a much easier task than predicting the entire draft like Matt does.

Scraggers
27-11-2008, 12:43 PM
A reason for that could possibly be that Emma usually only gives her top 25 which would be a much easier task than predicting the entire draft like Matt does.

Agreed, but I wonder how much care or thought he puts into his selection of the second round and beyond.

Desipura
27-11-2008, 02:07 PM
We have done a number of draft related threads but as we are now very close to draft day it's time for you to nominate your two selections. No multiple selections please.

Pick 31: Liam Jones

Why: Can take a mark and has good mobility. Will be able to play at both ends of the ground.

Pick 32: Casey Sibosado

Why: The excitement machine has a bag full of tricks. We tried to get Brennan from Brisbane last year who has similar triats, if Casey makes it, he will bring crowds to our games!

bornadog
27-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Pick 31: Liam Jones

Tall forward the dogs are looking for.

Pick 32: Rhys O'Keefe

Plays mainly as an attacking half back, a role required to be filled in the next few years as other players move on.

Sockeye Salmon
27-11-2008, 04:44 PM
This is about what Clayton will do, not what I would do.

Pick 31 - Liam Jones (seems pretty popular)
Pick 32 - Charles Sharples

Happy Days
27-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Pick 31 - Aaron Cornelius - If he falls to us and we don't take him...

Pick 32 - Rhys O'Keefe - For similar reasons to the ones mentioned

lemmon
27-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Pick 31- Rhys O' Keefe
If he's still around I hope we grab him, great user of the ball and finds his own pill. Hopefully he will be able to make a permanent move into the middle.

Pick 32- Mitch Brown
Grew a lot this year and is a great mark. IMO he will be around the pick 30 mark so we could do worse.

Scorlibo
27-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Pick 31 - Rhys O'Keefe - We were apparently interested in him early in the year and he would be a very good fit into the side imo - capable of playing footy next year with very good size on him, plus elite kicking ability on the left.

Pick 32 - Tom Lynch - If he slips I think we would not pass on him, a guy with a drive to succeed, excellent endurance and is a strong mark. The only question mark would be on his height but imo it is not an issue when some of the best KPF in the AFL are his height.

LostDoggy
27-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I think Claytons selections will go something like

Pick 31: Neville Jetta
Why: Pace, Skills and X factor

Pick 32: Aaron Cornelius
Why: The draft experts have been predicting Claytons picks for a few years now so surely he has thrown them a curve ball on Jones when his real focus is Cornelius.

LostDoggy
28-11-2008, 12:45 AM

Pick 31:Rhys O'Keefe

Why:Gun Defender

Pick 32:Nathan O'Keefe

Why Gun Forward

Guy O'Keefe is a young gun.
Ryan O'Keefe is a gun(We could get him next year)
Kerry O'Keefe is a gun cricket commentor.
O'Keefe goal to goal line in 2010!

LostDoggy
29-11-2008, 12:33 AM
31. Rhys O'Keefe - if he is still available I expect us to swoop as we seemed to have shown a lot of interest.
32. Casey Sibosodo - I love this kid, he oozes class - and he has the look of a future champion.

Go_Dogs
29-11-2008, 09:50 AM
31. Matthew Broadbent
32. Liam Jones

soupman
29-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Pick 31 - Aaron Cornelius - If he falls to us and we don't take him...

So, are you going to finish this sentence?

LostDoggy
29-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Think the dogs have done very well getting Roughhead & Jones.
Though i think Cornelius would be a safer bet than Jones.
But we do have Grant coming through to fill the key forward spot.

We predicted well Woofers we had mentioned both kids drafted.