PDA

View Full Version : Pick 14 - Jamason Daniels

Scorlibo
16-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd like to welcome him to the kennel and ask for any info also.

Just on his YT clip (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mNy0sifU04I) he looks quick with good skills on both sides of his body. Needs to build some strength through the hips though it would appear.

A seemingly ideal rookie pick - lots of upside, lovely skills and a good work ethic.

Welcome Jamson!:)

LostDoggy
16-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Some of the highlights showed him setting his team mates up for trouble, such as the one where he marked it, handballed to his team mate who was surrounded by WA players and got tackled out of bounds by Nick Nataniu. The majority of it was positive but if this was on his highlights clip he can't be that good.

Scorlibo
16-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Some of the highlights showed him setting his team mates up for trouble, such as the one where he marked it, handballed to his team mate who was surrounded by WA players and got tackled out of bounds by Nick Nataniu. The majority of it was positive but if this was on his highlights clip he can't be that good.

The highlights clip may not necessarily show the best of him, I gathered that those highlights were taken from 3? games which is a fairly limited supply.

He did appear to set him teammate up for trouble but looking back a little further in that clip, there were two teammates there in the open to run onto it, who were probably screaming for the ball to be passed to them, I don't think it was a bad decision just poor execution/good tackling by WA. As I said some strength through the hips would have done him some good there.

The handball at the end after darting through traffic was poor and undid his good work.

Desipura
16-12-2008, 01:20 PM
The highlights clip may not necessarily show the best of him, I gathered that those highlights were taken from 3? games which is a fairly limited supply.

He did appear to set him teammate up for trouble but looking back a little further in that clip, there were two teammates there in the open to run onto it, who were probably screaming for the ball to be passed to them, I don't think it was a bad decision just poor execution/good tackling by WA. As I said some strength through the hips would have done him some good there.

The handball at the end after darting through traffic was poor and undid his good work.
We need someone to replace Ray with his handball into heavy traffic :D
No, seriously good luck to the kid.

LostDoggy
16-12-2008, 01:31 PM
We need someone to replace Ray with his handball into heavy traffic :D
No, seriously good luck to the kid.

Lightning fast, look-away, loopy handball between two teammates into traffic, thank you very much. (Ray, not the kid)

Cyberdoggie
16-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Decision making probably ain't the best but all of his possesions were contested and under pressure.
Looks tough quick in and under. Also kicks nicely both sides of his body.

LostDoggy
16-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Decision making probably ain't the best but all of his possesions were contested and under pressure.
Looks tough quick in and under. Also kicks nicely both sides of his body.

Oh, kid looks fantastic in highlights. I was talking about Ray.

Scorlibo
16-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, kid looks fantastic in highlights. I was talking about Ray.

:p One problem: Ray was never anywhere near lightning quick, an ambler.

LostDoggy
16-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Oh, I was talking about his handballs. They would come out of nowhere, fast, but the ball would make this slow, painful arc as it looped over teammates heads into oncoming traffic.

If you look in the dictionary under 'hospital' and 'pass'...

Happy Days
16-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Hate to be a downer, but I was a bit dissapointed that we didn't take DeBoer. Looks a much more tantalizing prospect, due to his strength and ball-winning ability, both of which were evident at the carnival.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Hate to be a downer, but I was a bit dissapointed that we didn't take DeBoer. Looks a much more tantalizing prospect, due to his strength and ball-winning ability, both of which were evident at the carnival.

His skills are apparently very ordinary according to many watchers.

Jamason looks OK, but his decision making would need to drastically improve.

Dry Rot
17-12-2008, 10:54 AM
all of his possesions were contested and under pressure.
Looks tough quick in and under.

That's a good start in my book.

LostDoggy
17-12-2008, 11:11 AM
That's a good start in my book.

Very good start.

Bulldog Revolution
17-12-2008, 12:29 PM

Ray is certainly not slow, but you are right if you are saying that its his ability to keep running and do 80-150 metre running efforts that is his strength, rather than a 5 step burst

bulldogtragic
17-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Ray was quick and could run, His problem was that he couldn't run AND kick at the same time.

I cant count how many times he burned off the opposition and ran into goal form 40 out with no immediate pressure and sprayed it. And when he find space, but then take 10 seconds to think about it and then get run down from behind.

Good luck saints fans. I can do without the stress and frustration that Farren created.

azabob
17-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Ray was quick and could run, His problem was that he couldn't run AND kick at the same time.

I cant count how many times he burned off the opposition and ran into goal form 40 out with no immediate pressure and sprayed it. And when he find space, but then take 10 seconds to think about it and then get run down from behind.

Good luck saints fans. I can do without the stress and frustration that Farren created.

Ray also must not believe in himself because he was in our top 22-23 players according to the coaching staff so for him want to leave indicates to me he didnt rate himself if he thought others would jump over him.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-12-2008, 08:31 PM

I can't count how many times Ray was run down from behind.

He's not quick and he has a lack of awareness.

His strength as mentioned above is his ability to keep the same pace for an extended period of time IE. he's a good endurance runner, capable of holding a steady pace for 50m.

Cyberdoggie
18-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Exactly, that disposal was awful, especially the poor left foot.

On paper you would say Ray is fantastic, you could really sell him if you were a used car salesman. "Massive endurance, keeps on running, long kick off both feet, zippy, high possesion winner, decent mark overhead for size."

In reality, you would add, poor decision making, slow to react under pressure, not lightning quick on the first 20m, couldn't hit the side of a barn door, lanky and not an inside player.