PDA

View Full Version : East West Family Day Jan 17

LostDoggy
06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Anyone going to this?

Date: 17 January, 2009
Time: 8.30am – Noon

I'll probably go, seeing as I don't live that far away from the place. It'd be great
to meet some of the Woof people!

Crizza
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Hoping to go along with my daughter; look out for a bloke with the cutest 2 and half year old :)

LostDoggy
06-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey that's just around the corner from the World Vision head office so I'll probably head on down.. any idea who from the team will be there?

GVGjr
06-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey that's just around the corner from the World Vision head office so I'll probably head on down.. any idea who from the team will be there?

If the last few years is anything to go by the whole team does a full training session. I'd expect Smorgo to be there as well.
It's generally a very good day and I haven't missed one.

LostDoggy
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks Gary. Sounds fantastic.. I'm guessing there'll be snags etc. being a 'family day' and all. I'm definitely an 'Eastern' or an 'Inner City' Bulldog, but have only ever been to family days down at the Whitten Oval. A few of them towards the end there (before the redevelopment) were a little bit quiet though...

alwaysadog
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Glad that it's being advertised. Last year if GVG hadn't reminded a few it would have gone by without being noticed.

It's a top chance to see the boys train fairly close up, to see whose shape has changed and who is still not fit . I remember being astounded by how much bulk Morris had added.

Usually all the new boys get introduced to the crowd and Smorgo and Rocket comment on the season to be.

If you can go, don't miss the chance. Run by a lovely group of fellow Bulldog crazies.

GVGjr
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM
It's a top chance to see the boys train fairly close up, to see whose shape has changed and who is still not fit . I remember being astounded by how much bulk Morris had added.

Usually all the new boys get introduced to the crowd and Smorgo and Rocket comment on the season to be.

If you can go, don't miss the chance. Run by a lovely group of fellow Bulldog crazies.

Gwen McBeth does a terrific job with the East West group and organises a very good day. Advertising the day hasn't always been a strength of the club I would have to say.

soupman
07-01-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll be there. Usually a good day, get to see them train and the crowd isn't usually massive, meaning all the players are very accessible.

LostDoggy
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Always a great day, hopefully there wont be any rain this year.

LostDoggy
09-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Glad that it's being advertised. Last year if GVG hadn't reminded a few it would have gone by without being noticed.

Never been, although I've never really known it was on and as alwaysadog said glad it's been advertised, thanks DEXTERT.
As such will be heading down this year (not far from clayton, although I am originally a western suburbs bulldog), hope to meet some fellow woofers also.

OLD SCRAGGer
09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I saw on advertising of this event something about a cost of $15:00.. Is that just for non East-West Members or non Bulldog members. I'll be there if the weather is fine (no rain)

The Coon Dog
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I saw on advertising of this event something about a cost of $15:00.. Is that just for non East-West Members or non Bulldog members. I'll be there if the weather is fine (no rain)
Hi Trish,

I think what the club are trying to say on the website is that Western Bulldogs members become East-West Club members at no cost & non Western Bulldogs members who wish to join the East West Club can do so at a cost of $15 for adults & $5 for kids.

Pertinant paragraph: (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=70622)

We congratulate the East West Club on celebrating 25 years in 2008 and encourage those living in Melbourne’s East who are looking for like-minded Western Bulldogs members who share the same passion for our great Club, to become involved.
East-West Club membership is free with all Western Bulldogs match day entry memberships and only $15 for adults and $5 for juniors.

OLD SCRAGGer
10-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Barry, that clears it up for me.

GVGjr
16-01-2009, 10:03 PM
It should be nice weather for the East meets West day and I'd imagine there will be a good turnout.

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Just home from the day and obviously with the sensational news about the sponsorship and the moderate weather everyone was in a rather upbeat mood.

Caught up with Cath from the Bulldogs Taskforce early on for a good chat and then later with fellow WOOFers in Sunshine, Doggy-Doo and his mates, Alwaysadog and DexterT.

A few missing from the session in Hahn, Giansiracusa, Callan, Welsh and perhaps a couple of others. I also can't recall seeing Henry White or Easton Wood.
The guys on the rehab program consisted of Cooney, Murphy, Akermanis, Reid, Jones, Williams, Tiller, Boumann, Ogle, Shaw, O'Keefe and Grant.
There was a few others like Everitt and Hargrave that moved between the main group and the rehab.

The main session was focused on running and some circle work. The new draftees in Roughead and Cordy moved very well and our rookies in Picken and Daniels both looked good as well. Daniels in particular stood out with his kicking and his pace.

I need to have a rethink about my views on Paul O'Shea. He was one of the real standouts of the session and his kicking improved a fair bit.

Ward has continued to develop physically and looked very sharp in the session.
Griffen and Higgins look in ripping condition and Harbrow and Stack are ready to go to another level.

Heaps more to write but I have a few things to do. If you have any questions, let me know.

By the way, not to dob people in but two guys with the initials of ........"Alwaysadog" and "DexterT" were particularly chuffed to see Ernie Dingo watching the session. ;)

Bumper Bulldogs
17-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Just home myself and I am ready for the season proper to start. couldn't believe the size of the group with Sam Reid and Mullagan Built like #@!.

Williams, Everett & white looked to have developed their upper body size as well.

Well i be back later to get the low down on the sponsor.

In regards to Ernie, Twodogs almost had over the line with a membership.:)

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Just home myself and I am ready for the season proper to start. couldn't believe the size of the group with Sam Reid and Mullagan Built like #@!.

Williams, Everett & white looked to have developed their upper body size as well.

Well i be back later to get the low down on the sponsor.

In regards to Ernie, Twodogs almost had over the line with a membership.:)

Like you BB I couldn't get over the size of Mulligan and Reid. Roughead also has a mature build for his age and he runs like a midfielder.
GVG, thanks for pointing out some of the new guys because I would have been stumped with Roughead because he looks so different compared to the photos that I have seen.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Also close by to Grant today when he had a dig at Minson.

Looks like (According to Grant) than will only has 1/2 a season before Grant gets the FF job from him.

Also did anyone get anything on stack and what can we expect this from him?

The Coon Dog
17-01-2009, 01:56 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0347a.jpg
Josh Hill, Will Minson & Shaun Higgins

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0352a.jpg
Bobby Murphy & Tom Williams

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0356a.jpg

The Coon Dog
17-01-2009, 01:58 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0341a.jpg
Some of the crowd

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0339a.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0353a.jpg

Spoke with Jarrod Harbrow. He has cut off his tail, doesn't know why, but it's gone!

Players off to Geelong tonight to celebrate Shaun Higgins' 21st.

soupman
17-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Attended with my family.

Most of the session was conditioning work, alot of suicides, run throughs and boxing, as well as some pushups and situps that were done by the rehab group. Good attendance, and Eade did his usual talk to the crowd, introducing the new players. Only complainbt was that they all had to rush off early for the sponsor announcement at Whitten Oval, but seeing as the cause of this was a major sponsor I'm quite happy to let it slip.

As for the players, Jarryd Grant looks a bit bigger, and Eade again stated that he is pushing him to plkay 10 games this season.

At the end of the session it looked as if a group of players including Hudson, Roughead, Boyd and a couple more stayed back for some centre bounce work.

Higgins looks superb, as does Griffen.

Reid looks strong and tough, his body is ready for AFL footy, I just hope he makes it because he looks like the kind of guy that could really make an impact in the midfield with his size. However, contrary to his big upper body he has these very thin legs. Also spent a bit of time wrestling Grant, and mucked around with Cooney.

Tommygun is a unit, he looks brilliant. Should see the man box, its scary.

Ward has a bit of a wolverine look about him now, similiar to what Tiller looked like last season. I didn't recognise him at first.

Hudson looks pretty fit, was racing the other ruckmen in the run throughs, and beat them a few times.

Cooney looks bigger in the upper body, and O'Keefe has filled right out.

Akermanis spent pretty much the entire session in the rehab group, don't know why. Doesn't seem to mix with the other players that well though.

Addison looks very fit, as does Minson.

Roughead is already a decent size, and has me quite excited about his prospects.

Spoke to Cordy, who commented on how huge the difference is between under 18's and AFL pre-seasons. Reckons he's in bed at 8 every night because he is so buggered. Doesn't expect to play this year.

Boumann spent the whole session in the rehab group, and was struggling with the upper body strength work at the end (holding yourself up in the prone position).

Minson and Wight were partnered with eachother in the boxing, and didn't mind shoving eachother a bit.

Morris looks big, but he always does at this stage of the year.

Shaw is a big boy already, as is Picken.

Jamason Daniels is already a nice size, much bigger than the skinny wingman I imagined, and whilst he has played as an outside midfielder Eade commented on him being seen as an inside midfielder who could use his pace.

And as for players who are looking a bit bigger, Everitt, Hill and Skipper in the chest all fit the bill.

And just as a side note, in that first photo Coondog posted it's Lynch, not Hill on the left.

comrade
17-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Also close by to Grant today when he had a dig at Minson.

Looks like (According to Grant) than will only has 1/2 a season before Grant gets the FF job from him.

Can you elaborate on this?

Bumper Bulldogs
17-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry Guys my son wanted these put, for those who didn't go today you will see a few photos of the guys.

it takes a little to load up so if your on dial up give it a miss.

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e7a45784d44497a4d773d3d0d0a

Bumper Bulldogs
17-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Can you elaborate on this?

Grant made a comment to "Big Will Minson" that he (Grant) would be taking the FF spot off Minson around the 1/2 way mark of the year.

I think it was lucky a few of the crowd had been around as Will couldn't get over their to sort that one out. By the way he was hitting those bags/C Wight today grant would have been knocked into next pre-season. :)

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I should mention that as the boy were preparing for the training session and young Ayce was trying to have a play wrestle with Will Minson of all people which had him having a laugh.

Griffen kept the boys amused with his dancing style.

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry Guys my son wanted these put, for those who didn't go today you will see a few photos of the guys.

Well done. Sorry I didn't see you there.

The Coon Dog
17-01-2009, 03:49 PM
And just as a side note, in that first photo Coondog posted it's Lynch, not Hill on the left.

Pretty sure it's Josh Hill, I recall him wearing that skins black thing under his top.

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Pretty sure it's Josh Hill, I recall him wearing that skins black thing under his top.

I'll agree with Soupaman. Lynch was wearing the skins and that's him in the photo

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 04:12 PM

Yeah its Lynchy, in one of the other photos you posted Joshy is wearing a red top, so unless he changed tops its Lynchy.

Thanks for the reports everyone,and great to see phots of the day as well(especially ones including Will haha). Ive gone for the past few years and really enjoy the morning there, but today i was to busy booking flights to go overseas so i had to give it a miss.

Cant wait to see the boys in action, and see how much they have all changed.

soupman
17-01-2009, 04:13 PM

I believe for once you're wrong. I'm sure it's Lynch.

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the reports guys. Looks like an exciting year is going to hit us even down at Willy.

The Doctor
17-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Here are some of my observations

- Skipper is very big in the upper body. Let's hope he has learnt how to use it.

- Higgins is a big boy for his size. Super impressive and showed good speed.

- Griffen was super quick in the sprint sessions. Blistering.

- Jamason Daniels was also super quick, keeping stride with Griff a fair bit. He struggled a bit with ball handling. I would think that he is trying to adjust to the tempo of things which was quite brisk.

- The guys did a lot of boxing and I wouldn't like to be on the end of one of Stack's right crosses. He looks in great shape and ready to play

- Josh Hill looked super fit and showed a lot of intensity. Very exciting.

- Harbrow looks as though he has become a man. Has lost that boyish look and size.

- Agree with GVG on O'Shea. Looks strong and a bit more assured.

- Great to see the team looking bigger and stronger.

LostDoggy
17-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Hopefully the reports on Griff come good this year 2 years in a row he has been mentioned as flying and I get pumped about the thoughts of him tearing it up he seems to be a summer bolter and I hope he can turn it on in the winter for prolonged time not just in bursts. That said I thought he took some big steps in September I was impressed with his finals campaign as he seemed to grab the moment by the scruff and said this is my time.

The Coon Dog
17-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Oops! My bad, I'll bow to everyone's view & say that it was Mal Lynch. :o

alwaysadog
17-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Had a lovely morning, the sun shone, biggish crowd, much better than last year

Caught up with GVG and met Dexter T, even Rodney looked relaxed and he's usually got that haunted look about now.

The boys looked the biggest squad I can recall, it seems several years of hard preseason work are paying off. Don't know if it was just my perspective but it seems that a lot of work has been done on the upper body as mostlooked to have put on size there, but not so much in the legs.

Came home saw most of the things I wanted to say already said. Congrats on the speed and quality of the work and thanks for some great phoots.

The only things I can add are

Ernie Dingo seems to be very close to our Aboriginal players. Did Twodogs warn him that if he doesn't become a member he could end up pushing a very slow milk cart in the west like his namesake? He looks too smooth and sleek for 5 am starts, and he wouldn't want to be in the places I have in mind at anytime of the day least of all early morning..

Rodney confirmed that 10 of our best 22 won't be in Darwin and he is looking for some young players to put their hands up in the preseason games and demand a spot for round one like Josh Hill did last year.

GVG is a marvel. He can talk sense to you about non footie related subjects and at the same time take in everything that's going on with the players.

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 08:33 PM
The boys looked the biggest squad I can recall, it seems several years of hard preseason work are paying off. Don't know if it was just my perspective but it seems that a lot of work has been done on the upper body as mostlooked to have put on size there, but not so much in the legs.

How true is that. Whilst we only have two genuine senior ruckman it's a phenomenally tall side. Some of the heights are deceiving as well. For example O'Shea looks taller than his 192cm listed height. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of these boys aren't still growing.

Desipura
17-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Here are some of my observations

- Skipper is very big in the upper body. Let's hope he has learnt how to use it.

- Higgins is a big boy for his size. Super impressive and showed good speed.

- Griffen was super quick in the sprint sessions. Blistering.

- Jamason Daniels was also super quick, keeping stride with Griff a fair bit. He struggled a bit with ball handling. I would think that he is trying to adjust to the tempo of things which was quite brisk.

- The guys did a lot of boxing and I wouldn't like to be on the end of one of Stack's right crosses. He looks in great shape and ready to play

- Josh Hill looked super fit and showed a lot of intensity. Very exciting.

- Harbrow looks as though he has become a man. Has lost that boyish look and size.

- Agree with GVG on O'Shea. Looks strong and a bit more assured.

- Great to see the team looking bigger and stronger.
His other problem has been that he is too skinny in the legs where alot of where your strength comes from

azabob
17-01-2009, 11:07 PM
How true is that. Whilst we only have two genuine senior ruckman it's a phenomenally tall side. Some of the heights are deceiving as well. For example O'Shea looks taller than his 192cm listed height. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of these boys aren't still growing.

I for one am glad to be reading some positive posts about O'Shea. Even if it just was he looked good at a pre season training run. He finished the year off well. Hopefully he can suprise and play Williamstown firsts for most of the year.

GVGjr
17-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I for one am glad to be reading some positive posts about O'Shea. Even if it just was he looked good at a pre season training run. He finished the year off well. Hopefully he can suprise and play Williamstown firsts for most of the year.

That would be a good result for him and it would give him a lot of confidence.

alwaysadog
18-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Now is the time to impress, as Rocket pointed out he wants players to make him have to pick them.

Another tall defender would be very handy but there's a long way from where he was last year and where he needs to be if he is a serious chance of even getting a Nab Cup Game, or whatever it's now called.

LostDoggy
18-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Whilst I enjoyed a great morning at the East West day training - I've been out all day and hence slow to post.

My thoughts have been well covered by the other contributors - great write-up guys!

My standout observations were:

- a very tall, big bodied team (the tallest bulldog squad I've seen)
- O'Shea: great build - good trainer, would expect = good player (am confident of significant improvement by him on the field this year).
- Stack: (similar to O'Shea) - expect big things from him.
- Roughy: great size (height, weight, & build) for a first year player, very sensible young man to speak to, and like Cordy, we couldn't have made this bulldog supporter more happier by selecting him.
- Higgins: a worthy replacement for Westy - both number and playing position.

A question for those in attendence: who was the tall indiginous bloke Ernie Dingo was with (Bob Jones possibly)?

And a suggestion for those who couldn't make it today: If you or your family members want autographs or photos with the players, you won't find the players more accessable than the East West day.
Bumper Bulldog's son with all his photos with the various players, would be the envy of many supporters.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-01-2009, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Doggy-Doo;68382

And a suggestion for those who couldn't make it today: If you or your family members want autographs or photos with the players, you won't find the players more accessable than the East West day.
Bumper Bulldog's son with all his photos with the various players, would be the envy of many supporters.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Doggie Do & GTV, My son is over the moon and ready for the season now. He was so excited that we looked at the photos and I'll have no trouble getting him to go to any game now.

P.S he wants to be a Bulldog footballed so that others will take his photo and put them up on the net.:confused:

Go_Dogs
18-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all the reports. Sounds like a great day, and always good to hear some positive news during the pre-season.

Very exciting about how well some of the kids seem to be coming along.

ledge
18-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Bill Daveron seems to be an interesting choice, not having any AFL experience before, I like the idea of looking outside the square, even if stuff like that doesnt come off its a sign of looking for anything to get the edge.
All reports seem to be great though, someone upstairs is a very forward thinker.

Is it possible for TCD or someone to get an interview off him, would love to hear his thoughtsso far on what he thinks AFL players lacked as far as his experiences in other sports are concerned.
Was he there and does anyone know what he looks like?
From people who have seen us train etc in previous years do you see any changes that stand out he might have had a hand in?

micka bulldog
18-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Hello to everyone from the Miller Williams clan (Castlemaine Vic)
The whole family attended Glen Waverly and enjoyed talking with the boys also getting some great shots with the wife and kids.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/micka_01/IMGP0593Small.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/micka_01/IMGP0590Small.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/micka_01/IMGP0592Small.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/micka_01/IMGP0574Small.jpg

BulldogBelle
18-01-2009, 03:16 PM

The whole family attended Glen Waverly and enjoyed talking with the boys also getting some great shots with the wife and kids.

Welcome to WOOF micka,

They are good pics - sounds like you all had a great time at the East West Day. :)

ledge
18-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Micka, great pics, gee the missus is tiny or is Brian really that tall?

GVGjr
18-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Welcome aboard Micka. I used to live in Castlemaine and Campbells Creek for that matter and it was a great place.

LostDoggy
18-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Great photos there..

Little fella doesnt seem to impressed to meet Rocket? haha or maybe just really shy...

LostDoggy
18-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi GVG,
Any word on the reason Okeefe & Reid in Re-hab?
Cheers.

The Coon Dog
18-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi GVG,
Any word on the reason Okeefe & Reid in Re-hab?
Cheers.

Spoke with Guy O'Keefe. Just a little niggle in his knee. Nothing too serious. He's hoping to get the green light so he can push for a spot in the NAB Cup.

Twodogs
18-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Welcome aboard Micka. I used to live in Castlemaine and Campbells Creek for that matter and it was a great place.

Me too. Welcome aboard Micka any Castlemainite is OK with me!

The Coon Dog
18-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Me too.

Say g'day to WOW Jones for me when you see him. ;)

The Coon Dog
18-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Is it possible for TCD or someone to get an interview off him, would love to hear his thoughtsso far on what he thinks AFL players lacked as far as his experiences in other sports are concerned.

I'm reluctant to look to interview any current club employee as I think the appropriate place for them to be interviewed is the club's own website.

hujsh
18-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm reluctant to look to interview any current club employee as I think the appropriate place for them to be interviewed is the club's own website.

You could offer the club the interview to use.

ledge
18-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Smart thinking TCD as we are an independant site, and no official affiliate with the club, just a thought.

Just a side point and i did post about it in another thread, The site we have is a generic one the AFL has given to all clubs, but then again knowing the AFL they would have rights to every interview made regarding club or AFL employees.

We do have to be wary of this.

GVGjr
18-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Say g'day to WOW Jones for me when you see him. ;)

Oh the stories I could tell.

ledge
18-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh the stories I could tell.

Well?? Elaborate, you mentioned it!:D
Maybe start a funny footy players story thread.
Loved the Doug Hawkins scoreboard broken in another post.

LostDoggy
18-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Lake was moving better than I thought he could given him operation. He should be right for round 1. Everitt can't be far away in his recovery either,

micka bulldog
18-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah the missus is vertically challenged but she was pretty impressed with Brian!!

micka bulldog
18-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Me too. Welcome aboard Micka any Castlemainite is OK with me!

Thanks..Castlemaine is a great place to live. Little bit dry for the past few years though.

bulldog
19-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey guys wondering if any one can tell when the boys are training this week as i missed out on saturday and after reading these great reports am really pumped towatch the guys train.

Cyberdoggie
19-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I too went to the East West Day.

Always great to get that first look at the Dogs after their pre-season work.

In my honest opinion i don't think the guys look much bigger this year.
Obviously there are a couple of them that are a exceptions but i felt that in general the boys didn't look to be much bigger. In fact i thought they were probably much fitter and leaner than in previous years.

The club has certainly undertaken a different approach to their fitness this pre-season.
The usual process has been to get as big as possible and then see that size slowly fall away as the season gets underway. The training session was a good example of the different approach. I'd say about 70% of the work they did was boxing training. There was hardly any ball work or skill drills, some sprints and power work.

I believe they are trying a very different approach to training and really working on their fitness and also keeping strength and power but not with the regular use of large weights, in order to keep a good balance of fitness, strength and size.

Looking at the players you can really tell, they are all very chiselled lean specimens with only the new guys looking a bit pudgy or thin.

It's a brave move but i think for once we've made a good decision and we'll have a significant advantage over other sides when the season begins.

ledge
19-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Biggest thing nowadays is ball delivery and first, best, option, I do hope we have been working on that of all things.

Cyberdoggie
19-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I took a bunch of photos of the players and i'll edit them and put them up as soon as i can.

Always interesting to get first glimpses of the new guys.

Hard to get much of a opinion of any of them as there were so few competitive drills performed.

I think Roughead will have a good first year. He's a bit bigger than Ayce and Liam Jones and seems to be right in the mix with the senior players.

Picken was also a popular with the senior group. He obviously looks to be busting his gut in every drill (unlike Nathan Eagleton!, he was slacking off) and the players are always talking to him. You can hear "come on pickers!" "keep going pickers" throughout all the drills.

Daniels looks a strong bodied player with pace. Had the fumbles quite a bit though.

Ayce Cordy is such a quick mover, but he is pencil thin. It will take him some time to bulk up. Whether that effects his footy against senior players i am not sure, just hope they don't rush him as he has the ability to mix it at any level, but his body isn't ready.

Jarryd Grant is still pencil thin as well. Eade mentioned this but also said he is stronger this year.

Ward, Cooney, Morris, Griffen, and also Rob Murphy looked quite a bit bigger. Ward has lost that baby face now and looks more mature.

LostDoggy
19-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Biggest thing nowadays is ball delivery and first, best, option, I do hope we have been working on that of all things.

That would surely be done in the new virtual facility (what was it called again..) as well as part of tactics drills -- I'm sure the East-West day was more a social hit-out for the fans.

Was going to sneak down but work took up the whole day unfortunately. Looks like it was a great day!

LostDoggy
19-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Jarryd Grant is still pencil thin as well. Eade mentioned this but also said he is stronger this year.

Deja vu re: a certain C. Grant, although he bulked up a bit as his career went on.. he did struggle to keep his body on the park though, so fingers' crossed J. Grant emulates Chris's feats but not his injury woes.

LostDoggy
19-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Spoke with Guy O'Keefe. Just a little niggle in his knee. Nothing too serious. He's hoping to get the green light so he can push for a spot in the NAB Cup.

Thanks TCD , Good news reports were he was running & training well recently.
Need to see him & the other pups play in the Nab Cup its a chance to have an exciting look into the future.

Cyberdoggie
21-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks TCD , Good news reports were he was running & training well recently.
Need to see him & the other pups play in the Nab Cup its a chance to have an exciting look into the future.

If he's not injured, i'd expect him to be a strong contender to make the dogs side early in the year. He was very impressive early last year. Easily the best first year player in the pre-season and was unlucky not to get a game due to the good start to the season.
He seemed to wear out as the year went on and looked tired. Will really benefit from a improved fitness base.

BTW Callan Ward is looking sensational. Looks a different person.