PDA

View Full Version : The Mexican Standoff #1

Jose
21-01-2009, 09:55 PM
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:yr49Qw2VKjDRWM:http://www.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2007/171/20005861_118245412395.jpg
Pedro

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:IEQLcTZHh9abpM:http://www.party4me.co.uk/images%255C92011.jpg
Jose

Jose: So Pedro, the cat is finally out of the bag with our sponsorship of the Western Bulldogs?

Pedro: Yeah, they had a great power point presentation that the Bulldogs are famous for and we just had to pick the right moment to announce it to the world. The East/West day was a great occasion to show our support of the Western Bulldogs.

Jose: Yes it was a great day and that East West Group do a very nice job but not a burrito, flat bread or taco to be found…...we will have to change that soon!

Pedro: 3 years, a big logo on the doggies jersey and catchy name for their Elite Training Facility, I'd say it's a great starting point to take over the Burrito market! Here is your Mission If you wish to accept it, indeed!

Jose: Did you see that cheesy grin picture of Brad Johnson with our CEO Juan Gonzalez?

Pedro: Ay Caramba, his teeth are so big and white, someone told me he had something to do with the way Luna Park operates – silent partner maybe?

Jose: It's a funny shaped ball but the players still seem to control it well enough?

Pedro: Not only that, but they run all day, take marks 12 feet up in the air and kick that damn ball a long way. Did you see on that video they showed us? That blonde headed fella, Akermanis kicking goals from far away, he loco man! Bend it like Beckham, I say Bend it like Aker!

Jose: That Ayce Cordy needs to come down to the test kitchen and knock down a few Burritos?

Pedro: I did not really want to shake his hand, because I was afraid I would break his hand! So skinny, so tall! But everyone in the Bulldogs organization say he's going to be someone important. But I think you're right, he needs some Burritos and Nachos! Maybe your wife can give him that special Burrito Recipe, I ate one of those and I gained 5 kilos!

Jose: Which players need to stand up and be counted this year?

Pedro: I watched their 2008 DVD highlights – That Ryan Griffen is amazing, he likes to bounce that ball a lot! And that Adam Cooney, so good and so quick, but he is booed a lot, it's something we must ask El Presidente Smorgan, he'll show us how to best support this team! By the way, have you signed up yet for a membership? I know we're sponsoring them already, but I think this team needs more support, sign your kids up to, it's one way for them to integrate with the Australian Society. I heard that if you support an AFL team, people will talk to you in Victoria, no matter who you are!

Jose: Who's been the best addition to the Western Bulldogs?

Pedro: They indeed had a lot of staff vacancies – maybe we should've checked why, before we signed on the dotted line! – but the replacements seem to have the right qualifications for our business plan. The new Fitness Coach they have appointed has made the players scream in agony. I can tell you right now, there were quite a few observations from fans, saying they hadn't seen a lot of these new techniques he was showing the players. Bravo I say! Other additions like that Champion Data guru who'll crunch the numbers and keep us one step ahead of the opposition and the new forwards coach in Premiership winning Player in Paul Williams is a great pick up.

And of course….US!

Jose: That Campbell Rose gave a great interview on SEN. He must have said Mission Foods 25 times even when asked about how the team was traveling.

Pedro: Perhaps he he could replace that Moira on the Bert Newton show plugging all the TV products?...Could you imagine Bert saying "And now here's Campbell" ?

Pedro: Is that character Letch WOOF's version of Rose?

Jose: I guess so, he hasn't met a thread he can't respond to...back in good ol Mexico we had a name for people like him...El Chico Loco.

Jose: Back to the football, Stadium deals seem to be a big issue for the AFL?

Pedro: Si, reading the paper, seems clubs like our doggies are getting pooch screwed by a guy named Collins, and I've been told, he's a very, very, very bad man! Hopefully the situation will change.

Pedro: Those Bulldogs put our Mexican chihuahua's to shame?

Jose: I'll say, I was talking to a lady that owned a pet Bulldog at the East West day and she said his name was how you say Handy Man.

Pedro: Handy Man?

Jose: Yes I had to ask twice myself, apparently he does a lot of odd jobs around the place

Pedro: Jose, on that note I'll speak to you next week for another Mexican Standoff. Adios amigos

La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha

GVGjr
21-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Welcome aboard Pedro and Jose. Not quite sure what to make of it but it was interesting :confused:

hujsh
21-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Wonder if it was Peter Rhode giving that powerpoint.

Was that a creative introduction to AFL on the Mission website or something?

Stevo
21-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Enjoyed having a read of it boys

BulldogBelle
21-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Pedro and Jose welcome to WOOF,

Hmmmm, interesting made me laugh reading about those Mexican chihuahua's being compared to the Bulldog.

Scraggers
22-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Aquel muchacho es loco en el coco ... Pero me gusta él !!

Loosely translated ... "That boy is crazy in the coconut ... But I like him !!"

Go_Dogs
22-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Haha, good work.

craigsahibee
22-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Me thinks Pedro and Jose have been sampling some of that green stuff readily available in Tijuana.

Twodogs
22-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Ok. So now I'm curious.

aker39
22-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Is this going to be a weekly column like Hoggy and Ando in the Herald Sun

LostDoggy
22-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Mucho gusto Pedro and Hose. Mission es generoso and muy bien. :)

LostDoggy
22-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Quite funny...and so odd at the same time.

I loved the "Ay Caramba, his teeth are so big and white, someone told me he had something to do with the way Luna Park operates – silent partner maybe?"

bornadog
22-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Great Humour, thanks boys

BornInDroopSt'54
22-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Buenos dies Hombre, I think I'm turning Mexican. There's definitely a place for Mexican on my menu now that Mexican is part of the Bulldogs. I will feel free to say "Holy carumba' whatever that is, and
"Hey Montagna you Huele-pedos" (a fart-smeller)
"Hey Sandilands you espantaciguenas" (stork scarer)
"Arriba, arriba" when the dogs get a goal
"Ole, ole" when the dogs get a goal
"Ha Brown put some enchiladas on your nachos"
Mexican wave from the cheer squad when the opposition shoots at goal?

LostDoggy
22-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Jose: That Campbell Rose gave a great interview on SEN. He must have said Mission Foods 25 times even when asked about how the team was traveling.

Pedro: Perhaps he he could replace that Moira on the Bert Newton show plugging all the TV products?...Could you imagine Bert saying "And now here's Campbell" ?

:D It took me a couple of reads but now I get it :D

I heard that interview and Rose plugged Mission so many times.

LostDoggy
22-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Nice one Jose... a good read!!!!!

Waiting for the next installment....

Twodogs
23-01-2009, 01:23 PM
:D It took me a couple of reads but now I get it :D

I heard that interview and Rose plugged Mission so many times.

Did you know that Mission is the largest manufacturor of softbreads and cornbreads in the World?

Topdog
24-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Did you know that Mission is the largest manufacturor of softbreads and cornbreads in the World?

I only picked up on that little known fact after it was said the 9th time.

The Pie Man
24-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Jose:[/COLOR] Back to the football, Stadium deals seem to be a big issue for the AFL?

Pedro: Si, reading the paper, seems clubs like our doggies are getting pooch screwed by a guy named Collins, and I've been told, he's a very, very, very bad man! Hopefully the situation will change.

Pooch Screwed - nice

Ian Collins a very, very, very bad man - it's funny cos it's true! I had that bit from Seinfeld in my head reading that.

Nice work - I hope to see a regular 'Behind the Bar' type post from Jose & Pedro :)

I remember being at the G one night and Romero took a mark and then took a step off the mark, crowd yelling for the ump to call play on, and I hear in a South American accent nearby 'Jose not off'

Probably had to be there, was very funny

GetDimmaBack
25-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Buenos dies Hombre, I think I'm turning Mexican. There's definitely a place for Mexican on my menu now that Mexican is part of the Bulldogs. I will feel free to say "Holy carumba' whatever that is, and
"Hey Montagna you Huele-pedos" (a fart-smeller)
"Hey Sandilands you espantaciguenas" (stork scarer)
"Arriba, arriba" when the dogs get a goal
"Ole, ole" when the dogs get a goal
"Ha Brown put some enchiladas on your nachos"
Mexican wave from the cheer squad when the opposition shoots at goal?

While we're on a Mexican note:

"Hey Browny - you pendejo!!"

Hopefully it'll catch on. Especially when we play Richmond!

Thanks to Cheech & Chong for this one....:p