PDA

View Full Version : Family Day - Sunday 8 March

The Coon Dog
04-03-2009, 09:04 PM
The best of the west (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/season2007/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/72560/default.aspx)

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images_bulldogs/246x316_2009-Family-Daya.jpg

SOME of the West’s best kept secrets will be performing at this year’s Western Bulldogs Community Festival & Family Day, an event that embraces the entire community and brings together the passion of the AFL with the diversity of the Western Suburbs.

Funk’dfied is Melbourne's newest and most exciting funk cover bands and is a 6-piece band that formed whilst studying music together at Victoria University; it didn’t take long before Funk’dfied really created a buzz with their stage presence and great musical talent.

Also performing will be Jungle City Massive: a Youth performing Arts Collective based in the western suburbs and made up of culturally diverse young people.
And you can take all this in while you get your favourite players autograph and pictures before seeing the entire team presented on stage in 2009 together for the very first time.

Proudly presented by Bartercard, in association with Mission Foods and Worksafe, this year’s Community Festival & Family Day will give you the opportunity to witness the progress of the Whitten Oval redevelopment first hand and includes:

• Merchandise and membership stalls
• Emergency services displays
• Multicultural performances & Live entertainment
• A FREE showerhead exchange by City West Water
• A K9 Kidz Zone packed with Children’s activities
• And much much more

When: Sunday, 8 March 2009, 10.00am – 2.00pm
Venue: Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly Street, Footscray, enter oval via new Infill building

Entry by gold coin donation

Due to the redevelopment, limited parking is available, travel by public transport is highly recommended.

By Train: From the CBD, take the Sydenham train and disembark at West Footscray Station

By Bus: Melbourne Bus Link operate Routes 220 and 216, disembark at the corner of Gordon and Barkly Streets.

Visit www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au for public transport information.

LostDoggy
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I was a little disappointed at the last family day, plus it was bloody hot last time as well.

The Coon Dog
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I was a little disappointed at the last family day, plus it was bloody hot last time as well.

It's always bloody hot on the family day!!!!

I wonder if the Mayor of the City of Maribyrnong Cr Michael Clarke will get up & make a goose of himself again? Doubt it given council's stance on Edgewater & the redevelopment. Personally I think he'd be persona non grata.

GVGjr
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
It's one of those days I tend to think it will be a dud but on the actual morning I'm quite looking forward to it but then on the drive home I tend to think the day was a bit of a waste.

I'll probably be there again though :)

bornadog
04-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year, as I will be in Albury.

LostDoggy
05-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I missed it last year, so looking forward to this year. I always like to see the players get presented to the crowd and Rocket's speech.:)

Desipura
05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Being a long weekend, Im off to Venus Bay. Its not the ideal time as many others will be doing the same and going away.

LostDoggy
05-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I won't be going as I will be packing all my stuff for the big move to our new/first home. But I look forward o hearing about it.

aker39
05-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll be there

LostDoggy
07-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm volunteering at the 'k9 kids zone', or something to that effect. Should be a good day.

The Coon Dog
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Just got home from the Family Day & I must say it was nice that it wasn't 35 degrees plus today. Infact it was quite cool.

I reckon there would have been about 5,000 tops there, not anywhere near the 10,000 claimed.

Couldn't believe just how long the lines were to some of the autograph tents, particularly when Johnno, Aker & Coons were there. All I'll say is some people have much more patience than me!

The only thing that spoilt it for me was the Mayor of the City of Maribyrnong got up & carried on again. Not as bad as 2 years ago, but it was FRIENDS, this & FRIENDS that. Whilst the council are into us over Edgewater & the redevelopment funding, he's no friend of mine!!

There was plenty for the kids to do today, whether it be getting autographs/photo's, handball target, a spinning wheel, fire, police & ambulance displays etc... there was plenty for them to do.

Smorgo & Rocket spoke well & the players were introduced to the crowd. Rocket said the easiest thing for supporters to do with practice matches was look at the scores & get concerned. he's certainly not & said last night Sydney was full strength apart from Mick O'Loughlin & we were missing 6 or 7 & Murph & Coons only played a half each. He also said we had been training very hard through the NAB series & this will now be lightened & there were many positives to come out of the second half of last night's game.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/100_0456.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/100_0463.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/100_0467.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/100_0468.jpg

LostDoggy
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks TCD the redevelopment looks good too. Did Smogo say anything of interest? Did the membership tent look busy?

aker39
08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I booooood the mayor

LostDoggy
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Nice to see some photos, i was stuck with the bbq for most of the day, the lines were big jsut for a sausage in bread hehe, but yeah was greta to see so many people there, would have got lots more had it not been a long weekend.

LostDoggy
08-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I planned to have gone, but got a phone call last night asking me to work:(

What else did Rocket say?

hujsh
08-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I booooood the mayor

What could he possibly have to say that wouldn't receive that result apart from 'you can have your pokies and hotel'

Sockeye Salmon
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I booooood the mayor

That was my first reaction, "what sort of reception did he get?"

I would hope that the boos were so loud he couldn't finish his propaganda.

BulldogBelle
08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Some snaps from the day

Roll call

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6845/dscf1911.jpg

Mission food tent and Gia
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/200/dscf1895.jpg

Woofer and all the kids
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/jcfletch/DSCF1905.jpg

Remi Moses
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
The mayor had a howler,well he howled loud. My friends and he's comment of Good mate david Smorgon. Give me a break you patronising pillick.Made a complete flog of himself.
Was he on the plonk?Why didn't you mention you were taking legal action against ''your''club and ''ours''. Complete and utter f***wit

comrade
09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
The mayor had a howler,well he howled loud. My friends and he's comment of Good mate david Smorgon. Give me a break you patronising pillick.Made a complete flog of himself.
Was he on the plonk?Why didn't you mention you were taking legal action against ''your''club and ''ours''. Complete and utter f***wit

Why would the club let him speak?

hujsh
09-03-2009, 02:29 PM

To unite the supporters with their hatred of him?

I still don't get what he would have to say.

mighty_west
09-03-2009, 03:06 PM
To unite the supporters with their hatred of him?

I still don't get what he would have to say.

Sounds like it was more to boost his own profile than to unite with our club.

LostDoggy
09-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks TCD the redevelopment looks good too. Did Smogo say anything of interest? Did the membership tent look busy?

We saw Peter Everitt buying a membership for himself and his family.

Cyberdoggie
10-03-2009, 11:17 AM
are my eyes deceiving me or have they replaced the wooden seats up in the whitten stand with plastic bucket ones?

it kind of looks like it but i may be hallucinating due to the psuedo ephedrine i'm taking.

:confused:

GVGjr
10-03-2009, 02:41 PM
are my eyes deceiving me or have they replaced the wooden seats up in the whitten stand with plastic bucket ones?

it kind of looks like it but i may be hallucinating due to the psuedo ephedrine i'm taking.

:confused:

They are still wooden seats

Sockeye Salmon
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
They are still wooden seats

Cyberdoggie probably should have realised this considering he had one under his bum three weeks ago when he sat next to me in the Whitten Stand at the intraclub!

always right
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM

Keep your enemies close;)

The Coon Dog
10-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Keep your enemies close;)

Sun-Tzu

Desipura
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Sun-Tzu
bless you

NoParkingOnMatchDays
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Reminds me of a zoo I visited once on a trip to China. Can you believe that it only had one animal in the whole place, a small dog. It was a shit-zoo

BornInDroopSt'54
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Reminds me of a zoo I visited once on a trip to China. Can you believe that it only had one animal in the whole place, a small dog. It was a shit-zoo

Yeah, I know the feeling.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-03-2009, 10:13 PM

I'm Maltese, and it made me cross with the shit-zoo.