PDA

View Full Version : Murphy -the full story?

always right
27-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Would appreciate if those close to the club could confirm the rumour that Murph has osteitus pubis. Please see it isn't so.

Sockeye Salmon
27-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Would appreciate if those close to the club could confirm the rumour that Murph has osteitus pubis. Please see it isn't so.

It isn't so.

The Coon Dog
27-03-2009, 04:12 AM
His injury in the tendon in his knee. He tore it last season & it had a hole in it, that's why he struggled to kick properly v Geelong.

Very similar to the injury Tom Harley sustained a few years back. He didn't return until round 9 the following season after post season surgery.

Murph is very much ahead of schedule. Where the real problem lies is when he twists & turns. It put stress on the tendon. What's Murph's strength? Twisting & turning.

It's a case of monitoring it. They are taking the cautious approach & not rushing him back. It's just not worth risking him, he's too important.

Could be ready now in a best case scenario or 5 weeks away in a worst case scenario.

LostDoggy
27-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Could be ready now in a best case scenario or 5 weeks away in a worst case scenario.

Uhhh isnt he named in our side to play this week?

Mantis
27-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Uhhh isnt he named in our side to play this week?

Didn't the CD suggest that he could be ready now or in 5 weeks time? I would suggest that he would have trained a little yesterday and they will see how he pulls up and then make a decision.

I think/hope they will urr on the side of caution.

Dry Rot
22-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Amongst all the hype for some of our young guys tonight, how did you rate Murphy's game?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Amongst all the hype for some of our young guys tonight, how did you rate Murphy's game?

Was quite impressive in general play, let down by some poor finishing. But overall a good game.
I think he and Guido are important to our success in hitting targets in the forward fifty. Murphy especially with his ability to take marks b/w 50-70 metres out and then quickly wheeling around and kicking quickly to players on a lead.
His bullet to Hill in the 2nd quarter was precise and beautiful to watch.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 01:49 AM

A bit rusty in terms of finishing, but he has smarts. Gave some very nice passes too. We play a more intelligent style with Murph on the paddock.

Rocco Jones
22-08-2009, 01:51 AM
A bit rusty in terms of finishing, but he has smarts. Gave some very nice passes too. We play a more intelligent style with Murph on the paddock.

Same thing could be said for Gia.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Same thing could be said for Gia.

Yep, spot on.

Scorlibo
22-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Both him and Gia were very pleasing. Higgo is the one that looked a bit rusty, I don't think I've ever seen him get pinged for holding the ball till tonight :eek:

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Murphy's turn along the boundary line in the second when he hit the post was magical. He had Harry Taylor inside out. Shame it hit the post, would have been worth goal of the day.

Go_Dogs
22-08-2009, 11:52 AM
His bullet to Hill in the 2nd quarter was precise and beautiful to watch.

Was it ever. Split the middle of 2 Geelong blokes and hit Hill pretty much directly in front 10m out. Super kick.