PDA

View Full Version : Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones

Rocco Jones
29-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Hello one, hello all, to the first (and quite possibly last) episode of Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones. In an attempt to generate some banter about games we don't play in, I will look at six sides per week, three who are playing particularly well (hotties) and three who are performing inadequately. The further you are from the hot/not equator, the respectively better or poorer I think the side is performing

HOT

Western Bulldogs
Let us all say that pre-season games matters for nothing outside of quality players not getting injured. With Bobby out and going in with a couple of key players underdone, the punters had us as underdogs. Our running game looked brilliant at times; with the evil MCG and Dome powerbrokers maybe we can have a few games at Subi? Go Bulldogs!

Adelaide
Many thought the Crows would be on the slide this year with doubts about the strength of their kids but their young side was impressive on Saturday. Otten, Dangerfield and Petrenko looked the goods and Vince is becoming a genuine star. Also, they get 3 special bonus points for beating Collingwood.

Carlton
As their relatively modest slogan says, ‘They KNOW we are coming’ (or is the inclination on the ‘they’?). Judd was at his stunning best, Gibbs and Murphy were great as the American Eagle Squadron to Judd’s Roger Ramjet and Eddie Betts actually played very well as well as being entertaining (how novel?). They look like they will rip apart poor to average sides, I still have doubts about their ability to swing it with the best though.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Essendon
Now let’s ask their smug fans how much the NAB cup matters. I just can’t get Ol’ Man River out of my head after watching Lloydy and Lucas.

Collingwood
If they were a dog they would be a Chi-wa-wa, if they were a movie about a straight guy who falls in love with a guy who he thinks is actually a girl they would be The Crying Game etc.

Richmond
Truly a benchmark for all that is nottie. An 83 Round One loss, Ben Cousins inc. and Raines injured and Jordy plays for them, ouch! With their next two games against last seasons 2nd and 3rd placed teams they might make Nottyville their residency for awhile. A collective you suck to Leather Face, Jordy and Brown.

NOT

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Hello one, hello all, to the first (and quite possibly last) episode of Hotties & Notties w/ Rocco Jones. In an attempt to generate some banter about games we don't play in, I will look at six sides per week, three who are playing particularly well (hotties) and three who are performing inadequately. The further you are from the hot/not equator, the respectively better or poorer I think the side is performing

HOT

Western Bulldogs
Let us all say that pre-season games matters for nothing outside of quality players not getting injured. With Bobby out and going in with a couple of key players underdone, the punters had us as underdogs. Our running game looked brilliant at times; with the evil MCG and Dome powerbrokers maybe we can have a few games at Subi? Go Bulldogs!

Adelaide
Many thought the Crows would be on the slide this year with doubts about the strength of their kids but their young side was impressive on Saturday. Otten, Dangerfield and Petrenko looked the goods and Vince is becoming a genuine star. Also, they get 3 special bonus points for beating Collingwood.

Carlton
As their relatively modest slogan says, ‘They KNOW we are coming’ (or is the inclination on the ‘they’?). Judd was at his stunning best, Gibbs and Murphy were great as the American Eagle Squadron to Judd’s Roger Ramjet and Eddie Betts actually played very well as well as being entertaining (how novel?). They look like they will rip apart poor to average sides, I still have doubts about their ability to swing it with the best though.

--------------Hot/Not Equator---------------------------- (not drawn to scale)--------------------

Essendon
Now let’s ask their smug fans how much the NAB cup matters. I just can’t get Ol’ Man River out of my head after watching Lloydy and Lucas.

Collingwood
If they were a dog they would be a Chi-wa-wa, if they were a movie about a straight guy who falls in love with a guy who he thinks is actually a girl they would be The Crying Game etc.

Richmond
Truly a benchmark for all that is nottie. An 83 Round One loss, Ben Cousins inc. and Raines injured and Jordy plays for them, ouch! With their next two games against last seasons 2nd and 3rd placed teams they might make Nottyville their residency for awhile. A collective you suck to Leather Face, Jordy and Brown.

NOT

lol good effort. Its true about Subiaco. Our gameplan seems to suit its size.

The Pie Man
29-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Nice

As much as Essendon has gotten under my skin over the years, I thought they toiled hard today. Also tipping Collingwood to bounce back.

Can't argue with the Tigs in the Not column, I reckon Sydney & Freo are the other two that join them. No goals in a half of footy was horendous for Sydney, and Freo needed to be more competitive against us than they were. I reckon Harvey is in nearly as much trouble as Wallace

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Does it have to be teams?
If not add to the notties are Terry Wallace and Chris Tarrant.

GVGjr
29-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Like the title. Someone wrote to me a month ago saying we should have an Attractions and Distractions thread each week with a similar theme.

Mantis
29-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Does it have to be teams?
If not add to the notties are Terry Wallace and Chris Tarrant.

I thought he was fantastic.:rolleyes:

He earnt a well deserved rowsing reception when he left the field late in the last qtr.... :D

Dazza
29-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Don't think Collingwood deserve to be in the Nottie part.

LostDoggy
29-03-2009, 11:51 PM

He earnt a well deserved rowsing reception when he left the field late in the last qtr.... :D
:)
He did alright but his team got pumped and he is still a d...head.

Rocco Jones
29-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Essendon are mainly there due to the jerk sitting in front of me at our NAB Cup game and not wanting to having six sides from two games.

Collingwood most certainly deserve to be there. I am somewhat factoring in the standards we expect from different sides and Collingwood are expected to push for top 4.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 01:37 AM
... and Collingwood are expected to push for top 4.

Which is ridiculous in the extreme. Will be around the 6th to 9th mark AT BEST.

alwaysadog
30-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Really liked reading the thread and agree with your judgements Rocco, especially the Collywobbles. Big question mark about whether they can handle sides who won't give in.
Lucas may yet come good, didn't have much of a preseason, and Lloyd will no doubt have some purple patches but not sure he can win close games as he used to do.

Hope you are going to write hot and not every week.

aker39
30-03-2009, 10:36 AM

The higgest paid back pocket in the league

Sedat
30-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I reckon a team that fails to kick a goal in 78 minutes of football under pristine conditions is not even in the same postcode as 'hot'

bornadog
30-03-2009, 12:46 PM
:)
He did alright but his team got pumped and he is still a d...head.

That is true, but I thought he was more focused playing in the backline and I wouldn't move him up the ground.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 06:59 PM
That is true, but I thought he was more focused playing in the backline and I wouldn't move him up the ground.

More focused on being an idiot, I thought he got away with murder yesterday.

Mantis
30-03-2009, 07:05 PM
More focused on being an idiot, I thought he got away with murder yesterday.

If Johnson concentrated more on playing out the contest rather than bitching and whingeing to the umps he would get a few more free's. After almost every contest he had something to say to the officiating umpire which would get a little annoying if you were the man with the whistle.

LostDoggy
30-03-2009, 07:12 PM
If Johnson concentrated more on playing out the contest rather than bitching and whingeing to the umps he would get a few more free's. After almost every contest he had something to say to the officiating umpire which would get a little annoying if you were the man with the whistle.

I agree Johnson's bitching and reputation didn't help but Tarrant's still an idiot.

hujsh
31-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Which is ridiculous in the extreme. Will be around the 6th to 9th mark AT BEST.

The Collingwood hype that the footy 'experts' partake in every season continues to amaze me. They seemed to peak in 06 during the 1st half of the year and encouraged their supporters by going close in 07 but haven't done much else.

Apart from having the wood on Geelong they're a very average team.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 06:02 PM
The Collingwood hype that the footy 'experts' partake in every season continues to amaze me. They seemed to peak in 06 during the 1st half of the year and encouraged their supporters by going close in 07 but haven't done much else.

Apart from having the wood on Geelong they're a very average team.

Which they don't even have anymore if the NAB final is anything to go by.

For 'collingwood hype', please also see 'carlton hype'. Third favourite because of a Richmond flogging? Crazy talk.