PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Congrats to West-Dog for registering the 1000th post of "The Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society" thread. Surely that deserves a T-Shirt

The 1000th post and I have a beard !

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/605/mybeard.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/mybeard.jpg/)

Chicago1
10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
^ Sorry, but that is not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning!:p

Sockeye Salmon
10-02-2011, 10:20 AM
This pic is a few years old. Leaseplan and Diadora sponsorships are still on the fromt of the jumper. ;)

What gave it away? Diadora, Leaseplan or the fact Hudson looks about 14 years old?

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 12:18 PM
What gave it away? Diadora, Leaseplan or the fact Hudson looks about 14 years old?

The fact that I'd ask for photo ID if I was a barman and Huddo walked in wanting a cold frothy.

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
^ Sorry, but that is not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning!:p

Modesty will not prevent me saying I,m one sexy bloke !!!!

LostDoggy
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
The Beard seems to be back....... see posts on the Intra club practice match today! I was excited to see the stubble on the chin of Huddo!

LostDoggy
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
It is, I got a close us look at it when he was arguing with the umpire and gave away 50. Its not super long but it is def back !!!!!

AndrewP6
12-02-2011, 06:27 PM
It appears The Beard is rising from the dead.

ledge
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
So in effect the beard just took annual leave over christmas.
Probably holidayed in the caribbean or just relaxed on the beach in Hawaii and is all refreshed for a new season.

JohnGentStand
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
just new to woof and I have to say this is 1 of the best threads I have come across !!:) &......I just ordered a t-shirt to celebrate no beard = no guts = no glory

LostDoggy
13-02-2011, 03:55 PM

So the Beards name is Jason , it just can't be killed !!

firstdogonthemoon
14-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Ye of little faith...

LostDoggy
14-02-2011, 07:47 PM

I never thought of the Beard as a biblical icon, but perhaps it is!;)

AndrewP6
14-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I never thought of the Beard as a biblical icon, but perhaps it is!;)

It's one of the miracles :)

Daughter of the West
16-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Just stumbled across a possible post football career for The Beard (when it decides that it is no longer interested anymore, nothing to do with the decline in it's amazing football ability, which we all know will never happen): music!

He could lead the group The Beards (below), who boast such hits as "If Your Dad Doesn't Have a Beard, You've Got Two Mums", "No Beard, No Good" and "Shaved Off His Beard".

http://www.onemovementword.com/wp-content/uploads/the_beards.jpg

LostDoggy
16-02-2011, 08:30 AM
He could lead the group The Beards (below), who boast such hits as "If Your Dad Doesn't Have a Beard, You've Got Two Mums", "No Beard, No Good" and "Shaved Off His Beard".

Don't forget 'Why, Why, Why, The Razor?'

chef
16-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Just stumbled across a possible post football career for The Beard (when it decides that it is no longer interested anymore, nothing to do with the decline in it's amazing football ability, which we all know will never happen): music!

http://www.onemovementword.com/wp-content/uploads/the_beards.jpg

They played live on JJJ today and they were awesome.

firstdogonthemoon
26-02-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm at the Bank brand challenge game and can happily report....

The Beard is back

Won't say I told you so.

LostDoggy
26-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Whoo Hoo! Looked like that at the last intraclub practice game, but glad to hear you confirm! How's the beard playing?

GVGjr
26-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Do we have a new contender to the beard stakes? I think Sam Reid might have him covered.

firstdogonthemoon
26-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I saw that beard too! It is a ripper. If only we could breed them, we could create an army of Super Beards!

Do we have a new contender to the beard stakes? I think Sam Reid might have him covered.

JohnGentStand
26-02-2011, 06:27 PM
our enemies will be even more afraid , now that we have super-beards! :)

firstdogonthemoon
27-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it give me great pleasure to present the Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society 2011 Line of Haute Couture Beardy Stylings!

This time round we present a Classic collection of Vintage Beardy goodness, a reworking of some of our most popular lines from previous years - it is retro chic for the best dressed Beard enthusiast in town.

Remember our slogan.. If it's not Beard, it's bad. And not good bad, but stupid bad.

First up is the old is new again Chins without Beards... revisiting a timeless classic for 2011.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/firstblog/files/2011/02/BeardsWithoutChins.jpg (http://www.redbubble.com/people/firstdog/t-shirts/6801428-1-chins-without-beards-2011)

And who could forget this one? Nobody. Because the Beard is Back! Ye of little faith. You thought simple SHAVING could destroy the beard? Shame. This stylish memento of your weakness is handcrafted in the finest handcrafted something or other and is completely resistant to hydrochloric acid and bluebottle stings.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/firstblog/files/2011/02/BeardIsBack.jpg (http://www.redbubble.com/people/firstdog/t-shirts/6801447-1-the-beard-is-back)

Finally, the piece de resistance, you must know the truth about our humble friend the Beard, it is immortal. It is a miracle of Science! Or is it Faith?! Has it travelled here from another dimension?? No-one knows or probably cares. Whatever it is, it cannot be killed, the Beard will never die! It is true because this shirt says so!!! Wear it or else!

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/firstblog/files/2011/02/BeardWillNeverDie.jpg (http://www.redbubble.com/people/firstdog/t-shirts/6801382-3-the-beard-will-never-die)

So click on your favourite and go and buy it because it will make you feel better about yourself. Or collect all three! Then buy one for a friend.

And remember no one makes any money out of this except redbubble. At some point we would like to send money to the club, or sponsor someone or something but at this stage we do not.

Also, these designs are mostly final unless you all really hate them or have a better idea than me hahaha I didn't think so but let me know.

wend1604
27-02-2011, 05:50 PM
At the family day today, Kevin Hillier introduced Ben to the crowd as 'The People's Beard'. Go the Beard.

Good work, FDOTM :)

ledge
27-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I think we have a desserter in our midst. Seems the guy modelling has NO BEARD!

AndrewP6
27-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I think we have a desserter in our midst.

Someone who eats lots of cake?;):D

ledge
27-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Someone who eats lots of cake?;):D

Yeah thats it as well as a deserter

AndrewP6
27-02-2011, 06:36 PM
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/firstblog/files/2011/02/BeardIsBack.jpg (http://www.redbubble.com/people/firstdog/t-shirts/6801447-1-the-beard-is-back)

So click on your favourite and go and buy it because it will make you feel better about yourself. Or collect all three! Then buy one for a friend.

:D...Funny!

LostDoggy
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
At the family day today, Kevin Hillier introduced Ben to the crowd as 'The People's Beard'. Go the Beard.

Good work, FDOTM :)

I yhought Rocket introduced him as "The Peoples Beard".
Correct me if I am wrong.
I have been known to be quite often :confused:

wend1604
04-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I thought it was Kevin Hillier but I could be wrong. I have a short attention span during speeches :D

The important thing is the introduction was made as 'The People's Beard'. Pity I left my woof/beard scarf at home. I was standing fairly close to the stage.

The Coon Dog
04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I bought a new one, but the good thing is they are now available in kids sizes, so I ordered one also for The Coon Pup.

AndrewP6
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I yhought Rocket introduced him as "The Peoples Beard".
Correct me if I am wrong.
I have been known to be quite often :confused:

I think you're right, I believe it was Rocket...

LostDoggy
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Im torn between the choice between The beard is back in 2011 / The beard will never die

Is this a sign I should get both?

Great work FDOTM :D

Edit: Just ordered 'The Beard Is Back' T in a 'Heather Grey' colour. Very niiiiiice!

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 08:00 AM
I thought it was Kevin Hillier but I could be wrong. I have a short attention span during speeches :D

The important thing is the introduction was made as 'The People's Beard'. Pity I left my woof/beard scarf at home. I was standing fairly close to the stage.

The Shnook just has a short attention span. :confused:

LostDoggy
05-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I bought a new one, but the good thing is they are now available in kids sizes, so I ordered one also for The Coon Pup.

Are they available for Pups to be. That way Wedge could get some :D

comrade
05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/b/e/beardhead_fullpic_6_2.jpg

http://www.snorgtees.com/beardheads-by-beardhead

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Edit: Just ordered 'The Beard Is Back' T in a 'Heather Grey' colour. Very niiiiiice!

Just arrived today. Fast! Will be wearing this to the practice match this weekend :D

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 05:49 PM

Got my T-shirt today! Will be wearing it to the game in Ballarat this weekend :) #winning

http://www.snorgtees.com/beardheads-by-beardhead

They are brilliant, $30 US + $8 shipping (2-4 weeks)...better off ordering a bunch, if you order for eg. 5 - shipping is $10.

Hotdog60
10-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Here a new image for the beard, not as tough looking:D

http://cdn2.slatterymedia.com/thumbs/800/2011/03/08/224423.jpg

w3design
10-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Have to get one this year, only decision is which. :)

Throughandthrough
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Am watching Jordan McMahon going head to head with Nathan Eagleton in a SANFL trial tomorrow.

Surely there's no better time to wear a "in beard we trust" shirt!

w3design
11-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Am watching Jordan McMahon going head to head with Nathan Eagleton in a SANFL trial tomorrow.

Surely there's no better time to wear a "in beard we trust" shirt!

Damn- I'd have come looking for a fellow WOOFer.

As it is I am off to Willaston to scope out some big Samoan bloke playing an AFL trial match there with a bunch of 17 year olds.

Loving Eagle at the redlegs this year.

On the beard society- Slammin' Sam Reid's scruff is my new god.

LostDoggy
22-03-2011, 08:25 AM
FDOTM or anyone else - got woof business cards? Supporters will ask about the new t-shirts throughout the season as they do every year, much easier to give them a card to redbubble or woof..or just direct them to woof.net.au ;)?

GVGjr
22-03-2011, 06:07 PM
FDOTM or anyone else - got woof business cards? Supporters will ask about the new t-shirts throughout the season as they do every year, much easier to give them a card to redbubble or woof..or just direct them to woof.net.au ;)?

I'll have a look around and see if I still have some cards.

The Pie Man
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Wearing the scarfe for the first time this year to work today - which inadvertently reminded everyone how poor my mo is come Movember :(

But it's worth it anyhow to dust it off.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Wearing the scarfe for the first time this year to work today - which inadvertently reminded everyone how poor my mo is come Movember :(

But it's worth it anyhow to dust it off.

Still wearing mine. Love my Beard scarf…

chef
04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Still wearing mine. Love my Beard scarf…

Me too. A great way to meet some of the posters on here at our games;).

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Wore it to the game yesterday, was very chilly so it came in handy. ;)

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Me too. :)

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Yep, did the same. I think our Beard scarf is much better quality than the members' one and is very warm! Love it!

dadsgirl16
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Yep I always wear mine to the game,was asked about it on the way to the car yesterday,the guy loved it!!

AndrewP6
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Ditto on The Scarf. Top stuff, and makes me feel special when someone stares at me and says to their friend "Hey, he's got one of THOSE scarves!"

Murphy'sLore
05-04-2011, 03:14 PM
My two girls agreed to come to the football on condition that we let them wear their Doggies pyjamas. Got a few odd looks but it was worth it!

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Me too. A great way to meet some of the posters on here at our games;).

That it is, that it is…

JohnGentStand
05-04-2011, 06:41 PM
tell me more about this beard scarf thingy...is there a link?
I must have one....and an oompa loompa too

AndrewP6
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
tell me more about this beard scarf thingy...is there a link?
I must have one....and an oompa loompa too

One of our esteemed WOOFers, The Pie Man, was responsible for the scarves. I don't think they've hit the interwebs. Here's the thread, where we regale the majesty of The Scarf.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7290&highlight=WOOF+scarf&page=23

Topdog
05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
went to pull out my scarf this morning and realised I can't find it anywhere :( :( :( A very sad morning.

LostDoggy
10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
It deeply saddens me that Huddo has shaved the peoples beard :(

On a positive note "The People's Beard" got a mention courtesy of Crossy on The Sunday Footy Show :D

firstdogonthemoon
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM

It's not a coincidence that we are playing such ordinary football. I might be mocked for saying this but: No beard, No flag

EasternWest
10-04-2011, 05:03 PM
It's not a coincidence that we are playing such ordinary football. I might be mocked for saying this but: No beard, No flag

Heh heh I lol'd;).

LostDoggy
10-04-2011, 05:42 PM

No, don't say it Firstdog......... Do you think "big" hair makes up for the absence of the beard (from Ward & Libba)?

LostDoggy
10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
and Reid and Minson!!

LostDoggy
10-04-2011, 10:13 PM
and Reid and Minson!!

Minno is sporting some facial hair? surely not! :confused:

GVGjr
10-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Why would we be focusing on a beard when we have Wards hair? Beards are so 2010.

AndrewP6
10-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Why would we be focusing on a beard when we have Wards hair? Beards are so 2010.

Hahahahahaha... :D:D

A lot of scarf owners will be unhappy about that.

GVGjr
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM
A lot of scarf owners will be unhappy about that.

If Hudson can't handle the responsibilities that go with the beard then it's time to move on.

Everyone says that we need to give the younger guys a go...well Callan Ward has stepped up big time but seems to be getting ignored. Someone must know a wig master?

AndrewP6
10-04-2011, 10:56 PM
If Hudson can't handle the responsibilities that go with the beard then it's time to move on.

Everyone says that we need to give the younger guys a go...well Callan Ward has stepped up big time but seems to be getting ignored. Someone must know a wig master?

Imagine Cal and Li'l Libba running out to this:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeNopYqthE&feature=related

LostDoggy
11-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Maybe you're on to something GVGjr - perhaps FirstDog will come up with a scarf that depicts the new "do"!!! Happy to let my beard scarf be retired (seeing it's sooo 2010) and opt for a new one. :D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Rocket said of Wards hair that it looks like he has a cake on his head. Am trying to think of a cake that resembles the "do".

GVGjr
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Imagine Cal and Li'l Libba running out to this:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeNopYqthE&feature=related

I think it sums Ward up perfectly.
A retro style T-Shirt that is a cross between, Hair the musical, That 70's Show, The Wonder Years and Welcome Back Kotter. All the disciples could be called the Asylum or the Sweathogs.

LostDoggy
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I just have to assume the peoples Icon has updated it's image as a marketing ploy, " The Beard " is no longer as young as it once was and feels the need to appeal to a younger audience so now we have "The Stubble " . Let there be no doubt about it " The Beard " has a strong and loyal following , but " The Stubble " has wide appeal to a broader demographic both male and female . From a marketing point of view , " The Stubble " has to reach out to people as an Ideology rather than a Symbol, a state of mind rather than a religion.

As we all know " The Stubble " has a limited time to reach out and touch the hearts and minds in order to establish a loyal following, for " The Beard " is watching and waiting to ascend to it's rightful place

and now Brother's and Sister's , let us pray

The Prayer of the Beard by Zacharius Follicus

This is my beard. There are many like it but this one is mine. My beard is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my beard is useless. Without my beard, I am useless. I must be true to my beard. I must be manlier than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must destroy him before he destroys me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my beard and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace and beards.

Amen

The Coon Dog
13-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I found out about Cal's hair today. He has a $100 bet with a mate, whoever gets their hair cut first loses!

AndrewP6
13-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I found out about Cal's hair today. He has a $100 bet with a mate, whoever gets their hair cut first loses!

Good Lord, he's doing that for 100 bucks??? Must be hard up...;)

LostDoggy
13-04-2011, 05:56 PM

OMG - not sure that it's worth only $100. Definitely all substance and no style! :D

LostDoggy
13-04-2011, 08:29 PM

I think hes got the bet with Sam Reid....

LostDoggy
13-04-2011, 10:21 PM
That could be true if you see them both. Hair everywhere!!

LostDoggy
14-04-2011, 08:57 AM
$100 isn't nearly as tempting as the respect from a beaten mate. In light of this new info, all for Ward (or Reid) growing it as long as they want.

The Coon Dog
15-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure which thread this belongs in so I put it in both. Sometime back someone asked if we could get famous people with a BHBAS Scarf. I was fortunate enough this afternoon to get someone famous who was only too willing to oblige.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/JG2.jpg

The Pie Man
15-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Not sure which thread this belongs in so I put it in both. Sometime back someone asked if we could get famous people with a BHBAS Scarf. I was fortunate enough this afternoon to get someone famous who was only too willing to oblige.

You're a legend CD!!!!!!!!

TOO GOOD :):):D:D

(I only hope he's decided to grow it back over the bye :o)

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 03:09 PM
That's awesome!!!! :)

comrade
15-04-2011, 03:28 PM

TCD, I always knew you had more front than Myer but this is taking it to the next level!

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 04:56 PM
TCD, I always knew you had more front than Myer but this is taking it to the next level!
Is Myers front even bigger since their refurbishment !!!!!

bornadog
15-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Ok Bazza tell us how you got this pic? Did you meet her?

The Coon Dog
15-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Ok Bazza tell us how you got this pic? Did you meet her?

Yeah, caught up with her at her Electoral Office in Werribee.

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 10:04 PM
CD - you are a legend! I wonder if this means Huddo will have no option but to bring the Beard back? :D

azabob
15-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah, caught up with her at her Electoral Office in Werribee.

Great work TCD, just don't tell SS ;)

LostDoggy
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Just saw the photo. That is absolutely awesome. What a golden opportunity that was. Anymore red in that photo and it would be worse than looking at the sun.

My other matter is that I realise that the club has other agenda's but its a bit sad to see that the "Beards for babes" thing failed and instead we get this malachi

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/112965/default.aspx

I'd hope there's some cash in this shameless side promotion for the club though, whereas Firstdog's idea would benefit the wider community better, which the club does very well already I might add. Just a missed opportunity I guess. Must be the socialist in me.

LostDoggy
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
My other matter is that I realise that the club has other agenda's but its a bit sad to see that the "Beards for babes" thing failed and instead we get this malachi

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/112965/default.aspx

Post deleted.

Maddog37
04-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Rock of ages is very succesful and not really bogan imo(not my cup of tea though). At least they are doing something and it is family focussed so probably ticks all the boxes.

LostDoggy
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Rock of ages is very succesful and not really bogan imo(not my cup of tea though). At least they are doing something and it is family focussed so probably ticks all the boxes.

Cool -- post retracted.

bornadog
17-05-2011, 03:45 PM
It was whatever tickled your fancy (http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/it-was-whatever-tickled-your-fancy-20110516-1eptt.html)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/art_beards-420x0.jpg

A German man has scooped the title of world's best beard after impressing competition hosts in Norway with facial hair sculpted into a moose and the Norwegian flag.

http://link here (http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/it-was-whatever-tickled-your-fancy-20110516-1eptt.html)

But are they a match for this:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/328710.jpg

LostDoggy
17-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm sure it was there in some way last week. I haven't bought myself to wtach it yet (I was watching Willi thump Sandringham) was listening to it instead.

Anyway "The Beard" returns in all its follicle goodness and we win a great game. Coincidence?? I think not.

LostDoggy
18-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Walked past The Beard picking up tickets from Whitten Oval this arvo, was talking to Hoops so didn't interrupt, but the beard is looking very healthy, he must condition.

Axe Man
15-07-2011, 01:44 PM
It's a shame the people's beard is 'people's beard lite' at the moment. If it ever returns to its former glory I think this product should be considered for all true people's beard fans. If a red white and blue model was available it could be a winner!

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.194883367.jpg

LostDoggy
15-07-2011, 03:02 PM
It's a shame the people's beard is 'people's beard lite' at the moment. If it ever returns to its former glory I think this product should be considered for all true people's beard fans. If a red white and blue model was available it could be a winner!

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.194883367.jpg

We need to get the old ducks who sit at the footy knitting, onto these pronto!

The Coon Dog
15-07-2011, 05:04 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/RKT.jpg

Scraggers
15-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Love it TCD ... but you've obviously got too much time on your hands :D

LostDoggy
15-07-2011, 09:23 PM

He looks weirdly like papa smurf!

LostDoggy
18-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks Coon Dog - needed a laugh this morning!! :D

firstdogonthemoon
18-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Well done Baz, I think this is the most articulate and thoughtful response to yesterday's performance that I have seen so far.

bornadog
25-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm starting it right here.
Best damn beard in the AFL today.

Amazing how this grew from your one post.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/wbAFLhudson2.jpg

LostDoggy
25-08-2011, 11:59 AM
The People's Beard's fame will live on, long past the wearer of said beard.

I was wearing my TPB scarf to a Collingwood v Saints game, with a Pies mate, and a film crew from one of Channel 31's footy shows stopped me to ask about the scarf, and they ended up interviewing me for 5 minutes on the scarf. The People's Beard lives on.

Remi Moses
25-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Did anyone see Jackson Trengove's facial work?
Bum Fluff would be a nice description !

LostDoggy
25-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't know what we should do but I'd like to see a moment from the supporters at the last game that is a clear sentiment of our great appreciation for "The Beard" and its wearer Ben Hudson. A minutes silence before the first bounce would be weird because he's retiring and is not dead. maybe something to do with his Holden, which I'm sure I saw parked oval side at the "Mission Elite Learning Centre"late July.

Other ideassss?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Pie Man
25-08-2011, 05:29 PM
It would be ideal (but near impossible) if all scarfe bearers could form a guard of honour hosting each scarfe aloft as he walked off at the end of the game.

Would be funny anyway - would be better if we had a beard song..and you'll never shave again...or something

LostDoggy
25-08-2011, 05:32 PM
It would be ideal (but near impossible) if all scarfe bearers could form a guard of honour hosting each scarfe aloft as he walked off at the end of the game.

Would be funny anyway - would be better if we had a beard song..and you'll never shave again...or something

Maybe those of us with Beard scarves should meet at the players race near the end of the game so we can all hold up our scarves? We can get into the seating area after 3/4 time or stand at the back where the walkway is where he can walk under us. :D

chef
16-02-2012, 07:26 AM
OK - Here it is. Follow this link to the firstdog virtual shop at redbubble.com.

They cost $31.31 including postage and fondling.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/firstdog/t-shirts/2959773-4-chins-without-beards-deserve-no-honour

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2871/29597734chinswithoutbea.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29597734chinswithoutbea.jpg)

PLEASE NOTE THIS DISCLAIMER:

I will make NO money off this. All the $ goes to redbubble for making and mailing the shirt. I am simply doing this because I am so lovely. FYI - I have bought other shirts off redbubble and sold quite a few and I am happy with them. I will also be purchasing one of these.

If enough people want a different version I can do that too!

Oh and thanks to Rocket Science for this version and also putting up with me giving him a hard time about photoshop.

Is this not available anymore FD?

:(

Murphy'sLore
16-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Is FD still here???

divvydan
25-02-2012, 08:48 PM
It appears that the beard didn't head up north with Hudson, sadly I think it might have run away with Sam Reid.

Remi Moses
26-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Saw a bit tonight, and gotta say the Beard looked cooked.
Probably dispensed with the beard with all those young upstarts sporting them.
If he dons " The Sleeve" I'll fair dinkum spew up.

ledge
26-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Saw a bit tonight, and gotta say the Beard looked cooked.
Probably dispensed with the beard with all those young upstarts sporting them.
If he dons " The Sleeve" I'll fair dinkum spew up.

The rule change hasnt helped his style at all.

LostDoggy
26-02-2012, 11:24 AM
The rule change hasnt helped his style at all.
It's only a nab cup rule change and he was cooked last year.

For all the talk about this rule change and how it will effect Minson or Hudson or similar type players. I think it makes bugger all difference to there chances at the contest.
I fact for Minson I believe it makes focus more.

firstdogonthemoon
26-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm certainly still here! Do more lurking than posting these days because spirit broken. I took the shirts down as I didn't think anyone would want them! I am certainly happy to put them back on the site if people are interested.

chef
26-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm certainly still here! Do more lurking than posting these days because spirit broken. I took the shirts down as I didn't think anyone would want them!happy to I am certainly put them back on the site if people are interested.

Yes please mate.

Raw Toast
27-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Yes please mate.

Seconded. I wore mine to the family day yesterday and both daughters have requested one for themselves asap!

Murphy'sLore
27-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Never say die, First Dog. Hope your spirit heals once the season starts...

chef
27-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Can you put a link up when it's back Firstdog.

Please:).

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 01:16 PM
My last one got ripped up outside on the clothesline in some ferocious winds last year.

I too would purchase another if it came back!

LostDoggy
29-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm certainly still here! Do more lurking than posting these days because spirit broken. I took the shirts down as I didn't think anyone would want them! I am certainly happy to put them back on the site if people are interested.

Spirit broken by the Dogs or by your closeness to the domestic political scene? I would have thought that the latter would be like every-Christmas-coming-at-once to comedians and political cartoonists!

ps. Chin up FDOTM.. it is always darkest before dawn! :) (not really, it's just a feel-good,nonsensical saying, but it has a nice ring to it doesn't it? If your taste in catchphrases tend more towards the macabre, you may prefer Mao's variation: "It is always darkest before it goes completely black".)

LostDoggy
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
More cartoons

LostDoggy
05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Please.

w3design
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7040/6931925033_730431cd92.jpg

jeemak
06-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Spirit broken by the Dogs or by your closeness to the domestic political scene? I would have thought that the latter would be like every-Christmas-coming-at-once to comedians and political cartoonists!

ps. Chin up FDOTM.. it is always darkest before dawn! :) (not really, it's just a feel-good,nonsensical saying, but it has a nice ring to it doesn't it? If your taste in catchphrases tend more towards the macabre, you may prefer Mao's variation: "It is always darkest before it goes completely black".)

Spirit broken by the fact that the "Beard" has donned other colours?

The point you make about the ridiculous political scene being an invitation for the satirical typles to sink the boots in is well made. I can't imagine any commentator or cartoonist not having a complete orgy on the back of all of this!

As far as Hudson is cocerned though, until he retires he's nothing more than another footballer to me. His jeemak endorsed Bulldog credits are suspended for the time being, when he hangs up the boots for good he can reclaim them at the lost and found office.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
More cartoons

Would be great - I loved the way BBBBBarry had a Hello Kitty tattoo and the "seagull onto a chip" cartoon of us v norf in 2010 was one that went straight onto the refrigerator door

Murphy'sLore
06-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Please.

Pretty please with a maraschino cherry and chopped walnuts on top?

bornadog
29-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The Beard to retire - for good this time

The former Western Bulldogs and Adelaide ruckman is poised to announce his retirement, this time for good, a year after answering an SOS call from the Brisbane Lions.

The 34-year-old shelved retirement plans to join the Lions for the 2012 season and the surprise pick-up proved invaluable in the absence of No.1 ruckman Matthew Leuenberger for most of the year.

He held his position, keeping at bay a handful of challengers including first round draft pick Billy Longer who was only sighted briefly in the seniors.

However, with Longer a year older, stronger and wiser, and the club banking on Leuenberger to return to full fitness, the time is right for Hudson to step aside.

"Ben Hudson did a mighty job for us and we're forever grateful for the workload he carried,'' Brisbane national talent manager Rob Kerr told SEN Radio.

"But he's 34 and pretty much come to the end of his AFL career.''

The Lions have also recruited former Melbourne tall Stefan Martin to fill the dual role of ruckman and alternative forward target.

Ghost Dog
29-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Wasn't he one of their best players in 2012? I remember him being rated the number 1 'steal' in 2012 output V salary.

bulldogtragic
05-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Would still be handy in the tri colours. Giving Kruezer a lesson after being beaten early.

Way to get the most out of yourself and your career.

Not sure the beard is performing as well though.

The Underdog
05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Would still be handy in the tri colours. Giving Kruezer a lesson after being beaten early.

What role would he play? Minson has been one of the best 3 rucks in the comp this year.

Eastdog
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM

I actually thought when he finished with us he retired.

bulldogtragic
05-07-2013, 10:48 PM
What role would he play? Minson has been one of the best 3 rucks in the comp this year.
That's a bit negative, Minno is the AA ruckman for sure at this stage. :) I'm just saying I'd rather have Huddo in this form than not. Just being greedy.

AndrewP6
05-07-2013, 10:54 PM
I actually thought when he finished with us he retired.

He did. Then shortly thereafter he joined Brisbane. Then he retired. Then shortly thereafter he joined Carringbush. He obviously has a difficult time saying goodbye. :D

Sedat
05-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Only the beard can make that filthy black and white jumper look half-decent.

He gave Kreuzer a lesson after qtr time tonight. Still scraps hard and works his ass off with repeat effort after repeat effort following the initial ruck contest. Long live the beard.

The Underdog
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
That's a bit negative, Minno is the AA ruckman for sure at this stage. :) I'm just saying I'd rather have Huddo in this form than not. Just being greedy.

I love Huddo, but if he were still with us, Will wouldn't be.

Eastdog
05-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I love Huddo, but if he were still with us Will wouldn't be

Yeah most likely The Underdog Will was very much 2nd ruck to Huddo.

bornadog
05-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I love Huddo, but if he were still with us, Will wouldn't be.

I think Will learnt a lot from Huddo, especially the clearance work.

LostDoggy
05-07-2013, 11:19 PM
I just can't throw out my t-shirts.

Remi Moses
05-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Thought he was great .
What a warrior

Twodogs
06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I just can't throw out my t-shirts.

You're not the only one. FDOTM still wears his to the footy.

G-Mo77
13-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Huddo will go around again with the Pies. The Beard lives on!

Murphy'sLore
13-09-2013, 09:55 AM
It's the Beard that just won't die...

Which is a good thing!

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 01:03 PM
The Beard going round for its 5th? lap of honour.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2013, 01:06 PM
When Will retires in 2018, I think we should look seriously at Huddo.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Pretty remarkable that he was supposed to retire in 2011, yet will end up playing a further 3 years!

G-Mo77
13-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Pretty remarkable that he was supposed to retire in 2011, yet will end up playing a further 3 years!

He must be a John Farnham fan.

Greystache
13-09-2013, 02:11 PM
The man has lost the will to retire.

1eyedog
13-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Interesting decision by the Pies moving out Jolly and retaining Huddo. Jolly wants to play on next year with a fourth club and believes he can but Huddo seen as a better option at the Pies.

A product of a younger AFL body (in terms of how long Huddo has played v how long Jolly has played)? Seems Huddo's body is holding up better.

Remi Moses
13-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Huddo starting up late has paid off . Good luck to him

Murphy'sLore
13-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I wonder if Will will last as long as Huddo has? Ruckmen really are a long term investment.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Interesting decision by the Pies moving out Jolly and retaining Huddo. Jolly wants to play on next year with a fourth club and believes he can but Huddo seen as a better option at the Pies.

A product of a younger AFL body (in terms of how long Huddo has played v how long Jolly has played)? Seems Huddo's body is holding up better.

According to AFL360 the other night Buckley had issues with Jolly mid year so that probably added to his delisting.

1eyedog
13-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Interesting, no one is bigger than the club - except Bucks, oh and Hird.

azabob
13-09-2013, 05:52 PM
According to AFL360 the other night Buckley had issues with Jolly mid year so that probably added to his delisting.

Interesting, no one is bigger than the club - except Bucks, oh and Hird.

So if Jolly isn't following team rules, why would Buckley want him around the club influencing the next generation of players?

ledge
13-09-2013, 06:19 PM
All hail the beard , it's pretty simple ... No beard no contract Jolley you don't have the power of the beard !

1eyedog
13-09-2013, 07:05 PM
So if Jolly isn't following team rules, why would Buckley want him around the club influencing the next generation of players?

Quite a few rebellions there though wouldn't you say? Jolly seems like a fairly measured guy.

chef
13-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Quite a few rebellions there though wouldn't you say? Jolly seems like a fairly measured guy.

Apparently he's not that popular at the club.

Throughandthrough
13-09-2013, 07:52 PM
So not happy with Jolly you say?

Scraggers
29-04-2016, 12:46 AM
Bump

This thread was such a long time ago, but needed a bump after Gerard Whatley's comment tonight on AFL360. For those of you who missed it he was calling Max Gawn The People's Beard. He added that he had asked Bob Murphy if he could hand him that title !!!!

This is sacrilege!!! How dare Gerard assume he may even utter these words in the same sentence let alone give the mantle to someone else.

Bob ... Sort Whatley out ... This is not on !!!

Anyone else want to borrow my soapbox???

Scraggers
29-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Bump

This thread was such a long time ago, but needed a bump after Gerard Whatley's comment tonight on AFL360. For those of you who missed it he was calling Max Gawn The People's Beard. He added that he had asked Bob Murphy if he could hand him that title !!!!

This is sacrilege!!! How dare Gerard assume he may even utter these words in the same sentence let alone give the mantle to someone else.

Bob ... Sort Whatley out ... This is not on !!!

Anyone else want to borrow my soapbox???

bornadog
29-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Bob is better than that and will take no part in handing over the mantle.

The People's Beard only lives on one face.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Bob is better than that and will take no part in handing over the mantle.

The People's Beard only lives on one face.

I wear it to bed, not just the one on my face, rather the one on my t shirt.

Ghost Dog
29-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Laughed to see this thread bumped.

Murphy'sLore
29-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Outrageous! The title of the People's Beard can't be handed around willy-nilly! It is a solemn office and not to be worn lightly.

craigsahibee
29-04-2016, 09:48 AM
It's weird that this thread has kicked off again as just last night I adorned myself in that most magnificent of t-shirts that paid homage to "The People's Beard"

Bulldog4life
29-04-2016, 09:53 AM
I suggest all Woofers with The Peoples's Beard t-shirt march as one to Foxtel to protest....sorry I haven't got one so I won't be joining you. But I would if I did.:)

Twodogs
29-04-2016, 10:05 AM
I suggest all Woofers with The Peoples's Beard t-shirt march as one to Foxtel to protest....sorry I haven't got one so I won't be joining you. But I would if I did.:)

Reg, our glorious leader, won't be joining us due to his bad back.

Solidarity brother!

craigsahibee
29-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Reg, our glorious leader, won't be joining us due to his bad back.

Solidarity brother!

Don't wear your good sandals.

The Pie Man
29-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Even if you were to consider a succession plan, you couldn't hand over a title of people's anything to a club like Melbourne, despite Max being somewhat of an anomaly on their (or potentially any) list (being public school educated)

Twodogs
29-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Even if you were to consider a succession plan, you couldn't hand over a title of people's anything to a club like Melbourne, despite Max being somewhat of an anomaly on their (or potentially any) list (being public school educated)

The Ruling classes still have to communicate with their minions from time to time. If one or two of them turn out to be good at football and know which cutlery to use why not have them in the team.

boydogs
30-04-2016, 12:05 AM
This is sacrilege!!!

I don't share your outrage Scraggers. He's just keeping the tradition going

Scraggers
30-04-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't share your outrage Scraggers. He's just keeping the tradition going

Your reply is sacrilege :cool: