PDA

View Full Version : Footy Classifieds

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Just reported on Footy Classifieds that we went into the forward fifty, 49 times for 25 goals which is the third highest ever. First was Geelong's game against the Tige's in 2007
and the second was some Sydney game. Is this an omen?

Grant Thomas, actually said that if we keep this up we will be a force::confused:

Scorlibo
31-03-2009, 01:03 AM
As in the conversion rate is the third best?

wb_age
31-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Yes, the third highest conversion rate per inside 50 in history.

Rocket Science
31-03-2009, 01:36 AM
it's a fancy way of saying we kicked straight.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Grant Thomas actually gave us a good rap. Reckons we now go in hard and could be a force.

Mantis
31-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Our efficiency going inside F50 was very good on Sunday. Helped that Freo's defence was poor, as was there midfield pressure, but we looked dangerous with the ball in our hand which was pleasing.

On Grant Thomas many people on this board think he hates us (TCD??) or atleast that he doesn't respect us, but we were shit when St.Kilda used to pound on us some 5 or 6 years ago, but now, as observed by GT we have a much harder edge to our game and are starting to gain the respect of the footy community (GT included) with the way we play.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2009, 09:37 AM
it's a fancy way of saying we kicked straight.
Not just necessarily kicking straight.

It's the ratio to forward 50 entries to goals kicked. That is 51% of the times we entered 50 last week we scored a goal. I take the stat to be more about potency than just accuracy.

The Underdog
31-03-2009, 10:20 AM
It was very good but I'll be properly excited if we can do something similiar against North this week.

always right
31-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Big test this week. North won't give our blokes the time and space for us to pinpoint our disposal as Freo did.

strebla
31-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I think you may be giving the Roos mids too much here our mids should absolutly crush them

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Just reported on Footy Classifieds that we went into the forward fifty, 49 times for 25 goals which is the third highest ever. First was Geelong's game against the Tige's in 2007
and the second was some Sydney game. Is this an omen?

Grant Thomas, actually said that if we keep this up we will be a force::confused:

IF we play Freo every week then we will be a force.

Freo were as bad as Richmond, our first test is Sunday against North. Then next time we Hawks and Cats. I cant see much changing with our midget forward line.

(Yes, it was good to travel to subi, use the ball well and get a 63pt win)

The Coon Dog
31-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I think you may be giving the Roos mids too much here our mids should absolutly crush them

Don't be so cocky, they've moved a couple in there who were really stong at their attack on the ball on Sunday in Ferrito & Harding. Yes, our mids should be better than theirs, but it's all about how they apply themselves & I think Laidley plans his match ups much more than Harvey does.

Ozza
31-03-2009, 11:49 AM

I recent years - Harvey, Petrie, Wells and McIntosh have killed us everytime. Lets hope we can put a stop to that recurring theme.

Mantis
31-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Don't be so cocky, they've moved a couple in there who were really strong at their attack on the ball on Sunday in Ferrito & Harding. Yes, our mids should be better than theirs, but it's all about how they apply themselves & I think Laidley plans his match ups much more than Harvey does.

Much to the detriment of their defence which looks quite under-manned.

Scraggers
31-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes it was great to use the ball so efficiently ... and 25 goals on the expanses at Subiaco is a great return.

But ... Freo kicked 94 points against us, a stronger side would have kicked more.

Even though I think Dale Morris was dead-set brilliant, we need to tighten our defence before we get too excited about our goal kicking ability

azabob
31-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Much to the detriment of their defence which looks quite under-manned.

True, but if you win the midfield battle you are well on your way to winning the game.
IMO the midfield decides if your defence has a good day or not.

Mantis
31-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes it was great to use the ball so efficiently ... and 25 goals on the expanses at Subiaco is a great return.

But ... Freo kicked 94 points against us, a stronger side would have kicked more.

Even though I think Dale Morris was dead-set brilliant, we need to tighten our defence before we get too excited about our goal kicking ability

Freo would have kicked more if they kicked straighter... I know the adage bad kicking is bad football, but Freo should have kicked atleast 3 or 4 more goals.

wimberga
31-03-2009, 02:36 PM

Dont forget the strong wind that was blowing during the match, which could probably be attributed to a couple of goals to both teams aswell

The Coon Dog
31-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Dont forget the strong wind that was blowing during the match, which could probably be attributed to a couple of goals to both teams aswell
Using that theory it should work in reverse when you're kicking against the wind.

Scraggers
31-03-2009, 03:47 PM

There was definitely a scoring end (Subiaco End), but I was at ground level and the breeze wasn't all that.

When we score freely, we have to also defend tightly ... we didn't do this against Freo

ledge
31-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Getting back to footy classifieds, a couple of things on Caro and the tigers.. number 1 how absolutely stupid will she look if Sheeds gets coaching job, another thing she said apart from Wallace wont go was, Campbell is waiting in the wings, now is that why he left us and has Caro let the cat out of the bag saying this?
Wallace wont go and Campbell waiting in the wings is that a bit contradictory?

Happy Days
31-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Getting back to footy classifieds, a couple of things on Caro and the tigers.. number 1 how absolutely stupid will she look if Sheeds gets coaching job, another thing she said apart from Wallace wont go was, Campbell is waiting in the wings, now is that why he left us and has Caro let the cat out of the bag saying this?

She's gonna struggle if she can't get her Richmond-related opinons correct.

ledge
31-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I just read Sheedy is not commenting on whether he will coach or not, interesting, Caro could have one massive egg on her face.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Grant Thomas actually gave us a good rap. Reckons we now go in hard and could be a force.

If that perenial doggies hater Grant Thomas actually picks us for once it must be a good omen.:)

mighty_west
31-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Well as much as we hate Thomas, you have to give him credit for what he said about us last season, he was right with the outcome, and we came crashing back to earth in that first final, we didn't prove him wrong.

When it came to the business end, we fell short..........AGAIN!

azabob
31-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Didn't see her on footy classifieds, but what I have read in her articles is that she said, Sheedy wont coach Richmond, and IF Wallace WAS TO GO Wayne Campbell would be next in line not Sheedy.

LostDoggy
31-03-2009, 10:45 PM
IF we play Freo every week then we will be a force.

Freo were as bad as Richmond, our first test is Sunday against North. Then next time we Hawks and Cats. I cant see much changing with our midget forward line.

(Yes, it was good to travel to subi, use the ball well and get a 63pt win)

Not according to Caro, who said we played a reasonable opposition out to have a real crack.

strebla
31-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't be so cocky, they've moved a couple in there who were really stong at their attack on the ball on Sunday in Ferrito & Harding. Yes, our mids should be better than theirs, but it's all about how they apply themselves & I think Laidley plans his match ups much more than Harvey does.

I don't believe I was being cocky I just think that our mids are now (ward exluded) in their prime physical condition and are better equiped than the the roos.I also believe that their backline will struggle against our forward structure and hope our backs can continue the job from last year .

Bumper Bulldogs
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Not just necessarily kicking straight. It's the ratio to forward 50 entries to goals kicked. That is 51% of the times we entered 50 last week we scored a goal.

Funny thing about this was we also had a fantastic spread on Goal kickers. I think that will be hard for north to match up against.

LostDoggy
01-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Let's face it - we should have beaten them last year if Johno had kicked straight and we are a lot fitter and a more balanced team this year.