PDA

View Full Version : Jordan McMahon Dropped

Mofra
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
According to www.afl.com.au Jordy has been dropped this week.

If anyone heard a roar of laughter eminating from the 43rd floor of a city building this afternoon shortly after 5pm, that was me.

(Jeez that Cal Ward looks good doesn't he?) :D

bornadog
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I thought he was dropped two years ago:D

Mantis
02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Hardly surprising on what I saw of the Tiges game last week. He hardly touched it and was (is) a liability defensively.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
"... and the ball gets knocked down to Ward, gets through traffic, great courage and hands, gets the ball to Griffen. Griffin bursts down the centre line, gets it across to Pavlich, beats one, beats two, kicks long to Buddy who marks in the sqaure..."

"... and the ball gets out loose and McMahon hangs off looking for a cheap kick, gets the ball from Deledio who gets inured again. McMahon butchers the ball to no-one, Nathan Brown stays back waiting for the ball, but it escapes him like the dream of ever playing in finals. The opposition gets the ball and runs away while Tambling gives chase. If only they had quality, like only if Pat Bowden had any courage or heart..."

Whilst doing this they dumped Danny Frawley and replaced it with a leather faced wallet who has a bigger losing coaching record.

Imagine another long year with those aforementioned names cutting it up whilst your highly traded duds wilter and ytour high picks are left in the wake of other top players who have kicked on.

Imagine no more, its happening right now, and boy it's sweet:) :) :) :) And here's a question, when Wallet is axed in a few weeks, where will Nathan Brown run to then???

ledge
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Probably West Sydney when Wallet gets named coach up there, assistant coach while McMahon becomes the defensive coach.

bulldogsman
02-04-2009, 07:56 PM
In: Rance, King, Hislop, Graham, Nahas

Richmond are tanking already :eek:

At least Nahas pressures, but still those players wouldn't give Richmond supporters much hope.

ledge
02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
King has played some pearlers from what i remember, a real goer but then disappeared.

Mofra
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Whilst doing this they dumped Danny Frawley and replaced it with a leather faced wallet who has a bigger losing coaching record.
To be fair, it was only the Round 1 game that gave him a coaching win/loss record that is now worse than Spud.

Is he still whinging about the list he "inherited"?

Have to chuckle

ledge
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
To be fair, it was only the Round 1 game that gave him a coaching win/loss record that is now worse than Spud.

Is he still whinging about the list he "inherited"?

Have to chuckle

And didnt Wallet say he took Tigers instead of Hawks because the list was more advanced?
So he actually inherited a good list 4 years ago, and he fixed it good and proper!
Maybe this is his revenge for turfing him as a player!

Rocket Science
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Keep deflecting Tezza...Despite his shortcomings there's bigger jibs and hacks running around for them than McMahon.

McMahon's a soft target, if you'll pardon the pun...This strikes me as another trademark easy 'out' for Wallet intended to appease a Punt Road faithful looking for his own head as much those of the players.

Bulldog Revolution
02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
McMahon played terribly in their first hit out

Fumbled, and just didn't seem mentally switched on

Was always going to be dropped

azabob
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm still amazed at how people can be bothered commenting/bagging Wallace for leaving the Western Bulldogs.

Rocket Science
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
What's being said here is fairly mild compared to what Richmond people are saying...whatever Wallet's background his legacy there deserves the scrutiny it's received.

Stevo
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM

Isn't there a huge gap between his best and worst football? At times in his last season for us he just wasn't switched on and he was shocking and I agree from what I saw last week he played terribly. He has a lot of work to do.

Mantis
02-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Isn't there a huge gap between his best and worst football? At times in his last season for us he just wasn't switched on and he was shocking and I agree from what I saw last week he played terribly. He has a lot of work to do.

Can he get back?

I think he is a bit of a one trick pony that hasn't been helped by Wallaces change to the game plan. Last year with the Richmond game plan he was allowed to peel off his opponent and was used as the run & carry player from defence. Last week they tried to zone, it forced McMahon to play as a defender (something he struggles at) and he couldn't get his hands on the pill.

LostDoggy
02-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Can he get back?

I think he is a bit of a one trick pony that hasn't been helped by Wallaces change to the game plan. Last year with the Richmond game plan he was allowed to peel off his opponent and was used as the run & carry player from defence. Last week they tried to zone, it forced McMahon to play as a defender (something he struggles at) and he couldn't get his hands on the pill.

Interesting assesment Mantis, and it will only get harder.

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm still amazed at how people can be bothered commenting/bagging Wallace for leaving the Western Bulldogs.

I only enjoy it because he left us to go to Sydney, not Richmond.

The Underdog
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
In: Rance, King, Hislop, Graham, Nahas

Richmond are tanking already :eek:

At least Nahas pressures, but still those players wouldn't give Richmond supporters much hope.

King has terrible disposal but you know he'll give 100% which can't be said for the guys they dropped. Graham actually has a chance to be a decent AFL player. Bit of an old style ruck but I liked what I saw of him last year and surely is an upgrade over a first year rookie ruck.
I hope Richmond's awesome social welfare program helps Jordy throught this tough time. I'm sure we couldn't have handled it...

Mofra
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Agree with your first two sentances. Knowing Richmond, not sure I agree 100% with the third.

Jordy will be back in a couple of weeks.

aker39
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Agree with your first two sentances. Knowing Richmond, not sure I agree 100% with the third.

Jordy will be back in a couple of weeks.

He will be back next week, guaranteed 100%

Remi Moses
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Yeah but he got the most disposals at rabble land last season. He received the most ball from kick outs. Blah Blah Spin Spin Spin.They've dropped Lady Sonia for someone harder who can't kick.:eek:

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Now if Farren Ray gets dropped next week it'd be the perfect 2 weeks :D

Sockeye Salmon
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Now if Farren Ray gets dropped next week it'd be the perfect 2 weeks :D

Why would you wish ill will on Farren?

I hope he plays 150 games for them, and not one of them in a winning team against us.

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Why would you wish ill will on Farren?

I hope he plays 150 games for them, and not one of them in a winning team against us.

Was never a fan...just my opinion, i didnt rate him in our best 22..not saying hes the worst player in the league but im happy he left, as were a lot of fans

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Was never a fan...just my opinion, i didnt rate him in our best 22..not saying hes the worst player in the league but im happy he left, as were a lot of fans

Players like McMahon & Ray we were never going to miss.

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Farren has not bagged out the doggies, unlike Judas and Jordy, so give him some space. He seems to be playing well at the Saints, more so than he did with us - so he has got more opportunities. As long as we continue the trend of beating the saints - I say good luck to Farren.

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Exactly dogs..good luck to him but couldn't care if he doesnt make an impact or get traded/ldelisted in a couple of years, it'll just show we did the right thing in letting him go

(While we're on the topic - Im laughing at his first disposal tonight out on the full :))

Bumper Bulldogs
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Farren has not bagged out the doggies, unlike Judas and Jordy, so give him some space. He seems to be playing well at the Saints, more so than he did with us - so he has got more opportunities. As long as we continue the trend of beating the saints - I say good luck to Farren.

I must agree, i liked Ray and it was a shame he had that injury early last season which put him back, i thought that was the best shape he had been in then came back and looked a little under done. I'm happy he's gone as we have better young guns than Ray, but i hope he plays well (but not against us) :D

Rocket Science
03-04-2009, 09:48 PM
He did, courtesy of his moron agent, make things a little stickier for us than it needed to be during trade week.

Irrespective, it's one less bloke who makes your head explode with onfield misdeeds, addition by subtraction if you will...we've done a tidy recent job of weeding most of those types out.

And we've got Roughy to look forward to.

LostDoggy
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Every time i look at McMahon, i just think of the number 14 running around in the red, white & blue.

Thank you Richmond :D